Displaying 4001 - 4020 of 5671 posts for this case -- (Page 201 of 284)

I'm starting to...

Question: really think that Kait was not driving her car when this horrible incident took place. It seems very likely that it was staged to make it look like a random drive by. But in actuality it was pre-meditated and fixed to look like a random shooting and then wrecking the car on purpose. I wish the people who witnessed this would come forward and just say what happened. Of course, then you would have to take it to the authorities, and that would expose the person who told you. But, just for your own peace of mind... it would be nice.

What are you planning on doing if you do find out who exactly was the assassin and the top person who ordered it?

Asked on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 at 03:19:11 PM
Reply: We would take that information to DA Kari Brandenburg.

regarding Got it Part 3

Question: I knew people who worked in the APD Criminalistics dept. back in 89/90.
if you have their names, I could verify for you and possible contact them on the down low, see what they say. List the names.

Asked on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 at 03:10:32 PM
Reply: I'd rather not list their names. We've already heard from some of them, and they did do a second-day work-up on Kait[s car -- removed the doors, etc., looking for the bullet that entered the door frame -- and they wrote their reports and gave them to the homicide department. It's the homicide detectives who withheld those reports from Kait's case file and swear up and down that no second day work-up was done.

More Got it thoughts

Question: P.A.s' history reads like an "enforcer". ...tied up , tortured , shot, beat, going to prison ON PURPOSE, mind you, to protect a bigtime crew member(brother or not) ,enforcing Kait to be killed , etc... and this thought came to mind: not sure if timeline matches up, but enforcers LOVE knives! I have a strange feeling P.A. was at every single suicide attempt. the guy that can find you when you dont want to be found is the enforcer with inside info ie. apd access to computer systems with addresses, phone numbers, and the one who always seems to be invisible..

Asked on Saturday, September 05, 2009 at 12:10:44 AM
Reply: We've been told that Mark Apodaca, Paul Apodaca's brother, who may have been with Paul that night -- (SOMEONE was with him, because somebody drove Paul's VW bug away, leaving Paul at the scene) -- went by the nickname ""Assassin."

...Got it edited

Question: when i said called by Paul or his brother , I meant either Padilla undercover narc or Ray who was supposedly going to meet Paul to sell him drugs.

the more and more I think about this , the more Sharon has to be more at fault for the setup. this next part is purely brainstorming, but she was selling dope out of the snow cone stand right? What does Padilla do? Busts people for selling dope! What do people do when they're caught for selling dope? Cry like a baby and rat on everybody they can to avoid going to prison..everything she did or said at the end sounds and screams "INFORMANT" to me..little fish = Sharon, BIG fish = "The Los PA " crew..UNLESS she was put there by the LP boys and created unwanted attention by selling out in the open. Maybe they ask her who has info on her that could bring em down? , and Kait is the 1st name that comes to mind. Its not unheard of for kingpins to have undercover narcs on the payroll to either make sure THEY dont get investigated, or bust other crews to hinder the competition. I'm putting all these thoughts together to make the picture come clearer, i'll post when they do

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 11:50:12 PM
Reply: There definitely are a lot of possibilities. And a lot of ways to put the pieces together.

...Got it part 3

Question: Merriman DID interview him (which is why he and his interview info got snatched from the scene.)was told that 1 of his police brother/sister could be implicated and to forget what he knows.(pretty standard for cops to just agree and move on).

Question: i'm sure you have verified that there was an actual police shooting that night, just curious, who was it? where in albq? and do we know who was on THAT scene? Sounds like a smokescreen to me, or a pretty darn good coincidence that allows apd a good excuse to screw up a murder scene on the same night and take the spotlight away from Kait. " Girl found moaning and crying in car alone , victim of gang related drive-by shooting" next up " Decorated police officer shot while on the job" Which story would perk your interest?..........

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 09:17:07 PM
Reply: Yes, we have verified that there was a police shooting that night, (by that I mean a police officer shot somebody, not that someone shot a cop). The Criminalistics people got to Kait's scene late because they were at that other shooting.

I have the names and details, but not right here in front of me. I'd have to go into my files for them.

...Got it part 2

Question: TO EVERY NAY SAYER READING THIS: i'm in no way saying anything derogatory about Kait when I say this: Her and/or Dung were meeting and selling drugs to Paul Apodaca that night. Paul was asked and/or setup to buy and kill that night. Which is why Wallace was so close to the scene. She was called by Paul or his brother, comes to the scene to help Paul get out of this mess, create a story, ram the car into the pole, takes off to either hide the damage to her car and waits down the street for the "call". cont..

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 09:05:52 PM
Reply: I'm the last person to pretend that Kait was perfect -- (after all, she used her credit card to rent the car that Dung staged a wreck in, and obviously knew about the insurance fraud and didn't report it) -- but I'm absolutely certain that she would not have been involved in drug dealing. She was very much against drugs and wouldn't even smoke a cigarette.

Besides which, Paul Apodaca has admitted to being in the neighborhood that night buying drugs from Lee Padialla, the brother of Chris Padilla, an APD narc. He wasn't buying drugs from Dung.

...Got it

Question: Wallace bad, Merriman good. She states hearing moaning and crying forgetting she
she wasnt supposed be there when Kait was doing this. Lies about the call to her superior. Merriman did make the call to Sgt. Mossier,but the reason he wasnt there for rescue , was someone came and grabbed a "good, unobjective, caring officer" from the scene so he wouldn't cause problems. Wallace was busy calling Padilla because his brother was involved and/or murdered someone. cont..

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 08:52:02 PM
Reply: I find it hard to believe that somebody "grabbed" Det. Merriman, but I do think it's possible that he was in some way manipulated.

The Message Below

Question: The message below is very interesting. What would make more sense than Kait's killers (or the clean-up crew) staging an accident? It might be worth making a list of the anomalies concerning the car, the accident scene, the position of Kait's injuries relative to the driver's window, the known forensics regarding blood spatter. etc. "What happened" would be the story that makes all of those known facts make sense.

Asked on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 at 06:58:45 PM
Reply: We are not allowed access to any of that information.

That's information that would have been gleaned during a second-day work up on ait's car. APD maintains that there was no second day work-up.

However, when our private investigator phoned the Criminalistics Supervisor in charge of Kait's scene, who is no longer with APD and lives out of state, he said there definitely WAS a second day work-up. He said the reports of that work-up had been sent to the homicide detectives and to the records department and was astonished to learn that no record of them existed.

Have you ruled out

Question: that she was in the passenger seat of the car. There were eye witness accounts that stated 2 people had been seen in the car when it drove past.

I wonder how likely it was that Kait was not shot while she was in the drivers seat, but shot and then put in the passenger seat, and somebody purposefully drove the car into the pole to stage a "CAR ACCIDENT" just like the Vietnamese were being accused of doing for insurance money. It could also explain why there is so much blood on the right side of the car.

Asked on Monday, August 31, 2009 at 11:48:55 PM
Reply: That's a thought that never occurred to me.

Unanswered Questions Final

Question: Fourth, not finding any bullets at all sounds more of a mystery to me or possibly the tampering of evidence? When doing an autopsy the round should have been found. If one wasn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t done even an x-ray would have shown the rounds still lodged someplace within her body. I presume that neither of these were done or thought of by the police.

The position of the front tires looks as if the vehicle were being directed into the pole. In most all accidents and scenes I have seen the victim will slump either forward or to the right while hands still on the wheel causing the vehicle to travel or roll off to the right and in most cases never jump a curve. The fact that her car went not only to the left but over a raised medium and then over a curb hitting the pole (and again depending on the damage) would indicated either accelerating or was pushed.

I believe that a more detailed inspection of the vehicle was needed then had been done. The fact that the passenger door handle had been touched and opened as stated in one place would have possibly destroyed any prints or would have gave the reasoning for their prints to be on there.

I am not sure if any of this helps or not since there has been so much time lapse. Again I am very sorry for your loss. If I can be of assistance I will be happy to give you my email address. [From: nealdavid2007@aol.com]

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:50:43 AM
Reply: The man from the Medical Examiner's office who testified before the grand jury said, "I recovered five very small bullet fragments along the wound tract. The larger portion of the bullet was not present in the body. Police interpreted that to mean that the bullets were of such small caliber that they shattered in the body and were swept away in the blood stream.

I agree with you about Kait's car being pushed, either before or after she was shot. And, since I can imagine no reason why anyone would choose to shove it across the median after Kait was dead, it's my personal belief that she was shot after the car hit the pole. There are many who disagree with me about that.

Det. Merriman stated that he opened the passenger's door. The ambulance crew also opened the passenger's door. So, you're right about the impossibility of getting prints from that door handle. However, according to police reports, the car was dusted for prints and there were no prints ANYWHERE, even on the inside door handles.

Our private investigator has asked us to pass along her thanks for Your "well-thought-out and well-presented observation of the available facts." If more thoughts occur to you, please either post them here or send them to us by private e-mail.

Unanswered Questions Second

Question: Second the front of the vehicle and pole to determine how fast the vehicle might have traveled. This would have helped to better understand if your daughter might have been alive when she hit the pole or if someone else guided the vehicle in that direction while possibly in the passenger side of the vehicle with the assistance of another pushing it.

Third the photo of the entry wounds indicate that she was shot in the temple region of the head and below the left eye. The bullet entry hole on the outside of the vehicle appears to be not one but two shots at close range that were very accurate. The tear pattern of the hole indicate a peak between the top and lower part of the complete hole itself and not more of the standard rounded hole that a single shot would have made. Without close physical examination of the vehicle it would be hard to tell the caliber of the weapon used. This to me (again without having be at the scene) would have suggested that she had been stopped, turned to look back at who was approaching (say possibly an officer) and was shot in the process through the door frame. The broken window could have been a third shot or made to look like it broke after the crash. This would cover up any possible blood splatter from the two shots that had struck her. The glass trail as it were looks more like the actual shooting happened when she was stopped.

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:49:57 AM
Reply: Very interesting observations.

It HAS been suggested to us that the hole in the car door frame was created by two bullets, piggybacking into the same hole. And that IS what it looks like. But it was hard for us to imagine such precise shooting being possible if the shots were fired from one moving vehicle at another moving vehicle. It probably WOULD have been possible if her car was stationery.

Unanswered Questions First

Question: Dear Lois, I am so sorry for the loss. I am a retired fire chief, prior paramedic, and violent crimes field investigator. After reading all the postings in the message board, site and looking at the photos there are a number of things that stick in my mind. I have a feeling that the answers as will not be found in any police report from the sound of it. Unfortunately I have to break this down in a couple posts as limited on character space.

First the car, with your knowledge of no rear damage when she left I would have done a more detailed exam on the rear damage. Looking for any trace of paint, of rubbing from being pushed and depth of the damage which would indicate the amount of force needed to push the vehicle possibly up to and including the impact point at the pole.

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:49:01 AM
Reply: The police reports (incorrectly) catagorizes the damage to the rear bumper of Kait's car as "old damage," so nobody ever bothered looking at it. And since we (Kait's parents) were not permitted access to the scene photos until many years later, we didn't realize the rear end damage existed.

To "N"

Question: I have a feeling there is more to what you're suggesting. My gut is screaming that you're focused in the right direction & have some kind of an insight that can help shed light on a more solid direction to take in this case.

Please explore your conscience (or maybe subconscious may be the more appropriate word) to see what more you may be able to reveal. Something tells me you may be right on here!!!

Respectfully & HOPEful,
"Citizen M"

Asked on Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 02:39:30 PM
Reply: Reposting the message from "n" that is referred to above:

Answered by: "n"

Cold Case Files

Question: I have been following your daughter's case for years! I am appaulled to hear about the police department, however, when someone suggested cold case files...you are thinking of the tv show rather than the true crime show on A&E...My brother in law is a crime scene investigator and he cannot believe the cover-up done on your daughter's case...Good Luck to you....

Kay

Asked on Monday, August 24, 2009 at 05:04:18 PM
Reply: Oh, how I wish that we had access to your brother!!!!

Idea

Question: This is N again. I can clearly say this has got to be a set up! Kait indeed must have saw something she wasn't supposed to see. I mean if everything you say is right then the reason why Dung was stabbed was probably punishment for bringing Kait into whatever operation he was in and potentially risking the operation. It also has to be someone with alot of influence. I think the trick to figuring out this case is finding out where Kait was before this happened. Also anywhere she was a week prior to the murder, because it probably took sometime for the people to set this up. I mean did she go anywhere that you knew about, or show any signs of fear?

Asked on Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 04:57:57 AM
Reply: Everything you say is right on target. The answers lie in her activities that night and in the week prior to the shooting. But, since she was no longer living in the family home, there was no way for us to know where she went and what she did. She had her life compartmentalized -- the things she shared with her family -- her life with Dung and the people he hung out with -- and, I firmly believe, a third life that was secret from all of us.

Not all cops

Question: Lois:

I read your book "Who killed my daughter" and I felt your pain with each word I read. I'm so sorry and I hope one day those responsible will be brought to justice (if not by man, certainly by God).

I just wanted to say that not all policemen(women) are corrupt. My brother is the police chief here in our small town of Luray, Va. and believe me if this had happened to your daughter here, no rock would have been left unturned to find the truth. Unfortunately, you and your family have had the misfortune of dealing with the lowest. My prayer is that one day someone with courage and conscience will come forward. JC

Asked on Monday, August 17, 2009 at 07:11:55 AM
Reply: The residents of Luray, VA, are very fortunate to have a police department with a chief like your brother.

Murder

Question: This is N. I have a question im not sure if this is relevant but theirs no blood. If your shot in the head their should be blood on the drivers seat. Also is she was shot in the head while driving and her car swerved why are the front wheels and back wheels in the same position, I mean if that's the case the wheels in the front should be slightly to the left, at least that's what i would assume. Also how could she be on the passenger seat is she hit the pole. The force should have knocked her on the floor. I'm not sure but maybe you can get the case re-evaluated if you present this. I'm not sure if it will help, but it's better then nothing. Maybe it might spark something else. I mean tell me if this helps at all

Asked on Friday, August 14, 2009 at 08:58:49 PM
Reply: We, too, find it surprising that there was no blood splatter on the dashboard or on the left side of her clothing. That would seem to indicate that she fell immediately to the right as soon as the bullets struck.

I never thought about the alignment of the wheels. There must be some answer to that, because she obviously crossed the median from the opposite lane, so the wheels must have been turned to the left. If they were straight when she struck the pole, might that mean that she was conscious and twisting the steering wheel to the right in an attempt to keep from hitting the pole and to get her car back onto the road so she could escape? If so, that would mean that she wasn't shot while she was driving, but after the car struck the pole. I need to go back and take another look at that scene photo.

The fall to the right would not have been caused by hitting the pole. It would have been caused by the bullets striking the left side of her head.

This was a helpful post. You raised some good points. Thank you.

P.S. Posted later: I went back and looked at other scene photos, and I think what we're seeing in that particular photo is an illusion. The wheels were really in alignment. But it was a good observation and the sort of thing we need to be looking for that's easily overlooked.

Gulf Coast Journal

Question: I saw the segment, Lois and it was wonderful. I remember that host from A&E shows. He has a great voice. You did a great job.

I still can't believe that Kait's case isn't solved. Pat Caristo said it right - "There are people who don't want it to be solved."

Sending get well & speedy recovery wishes to Robin & best wishes to your entire family.

Kim

Asked on Thursday, August 06, 2009 at 08:07:17 PM
Reply: Thanks, Kim. I was pleased with the Gulf Coast Journal segment too.

In her second paragraph, Kim is revering to a different news cast. At Kait's 20 yr. memorial, our private investigator, Pat Caristo, stated, "Kait's case is solvable. But there are people who don't want it to be solved."

So, we have two questions. (1) Who killed Kait and why? (2) Who has roadblocked an honest and thorough investigation of Kait's case?

WHO IS IT WHO "DOES NOT WANT THIS CASE SOLVED"?

There are people reading this message board who may not know the answer to the first question, but do know the answer to the second one. We beg those people to contact us either by private e-mail or by posting the information on this board. We guarantee that we'll keep your identities confidential.

Wow

Question: I was browsing on google when I saw a link to the real crime description of this case, I believe. I clicked the link because it interested me and read it the whole way through, following it to this site. The way it was all written made me realize that, well, this was real and scary. It\'s hard to believe that this kind of stuff can happen to ordinary people, but it does; it makes a person wonder how it all begins. However, it reminds us to be cautious, I think.

As I read over all you've gone through and tried to do since this began I was caught off guard at how the law didn't seem... well, ethical. I suppose I always thought the law was an untouchable force of justice; that's how it's portrayed. It's saddening to think that this happens.

I don't have any way of helping but I wanted to give my condolences and my thoughts on this. I think all the effort you've put into this will be rewarded someday... It really should be. At any rate, what you've done seems to have motivated so many people. I admire your perserverance, determination, courage and strength throughout all of this.

I'd guess you've already tried this, after so long, but I just wonder why taking it to another court outside of New Mexico wouldn't help. I know that state courts can't interfere with each other but it might be able to get you help in the right places... then again, I'm no politics expert, so I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about.

I guess I'm a bit paranoid about submitting this comment but I just... felt like I wanted you to know that I read the case and everything else that I said.

[Wishes to Remain Anonymous]

Asked on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 at 01:25:36 AM
Reply: Almost all of us are naieve about how the System works until something like this happens to cause us to lose our innocence.

Agencies outside New Mexico have no authority to become involved in Kait's case. It "belongs" to APD.

Petition?

Question: Dear Arquette family,

I have read about the murder of your daughter many years ago and her case has remained in the back of my mind ever since. Today I visited this site and I am saddened that the case is still far from closed. I understand that in 1999, the APD Cold Case Unit refused to review Kait's murder. Has there been any new developments in this direction? If the answer to this question is "no", is there any way to force the APD to reopen this file? Could a petition be helpful? Since I am not a US citizen, I am not familiar with the US/NM legal regulations. But I would be the first to put my signature down.

I would like to express my condolences to your family and wish you all the best!

Kind regards,

Rikki

Asked on Sunday, August 02, 2009 at 09:23:08 AM
Reply: Thank you for this caring message, Rikki.

APD considers Kait's case closed because they made arrests, despite the fact that those arrests were based upon the alleged "eye-witness" testimony of teenaged Robert Garcia, who was incarcerated at the time of the shooting and could not possibly have witnessed it. Robert, who was interrogated for 9 hours -- without a parent or attorney present -- told reporters he was bullied into saying what police told him to say because they threatened him with prison if he didn't comply.

Robert is now dead, so can't be further questioned.

The bottom line: To shut down a case they don't want to investigate, all cops have to do is make an arrest. It doesn't matter whom they arrest or if it was for a legitimate reason or if the DA says it's hogwash and drops the charges and requests that they investigate other suspects. The fact that they arrested SOMEBODY means, to them, that they have (to quote APD) "solved the case" and have no further responsibilty.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 next