Displaying 4001 - 4020 of 5517 posts for this case -- (Page 201 of 276)

your books

Question: I just want you to know that i am a very big fan of all your books, i've just read the one about your daughter, and to tell you the truth my heart was broken. i hope you seek justice for your daughter no matter how long it takes she was your baby, she is worth it. I do think that you should make a movie about the story, it was a GREAT book. I just wish you good luck in everything you do, my prayers are with you and your family. Good luck and may god bless you.

Asked on Friday, December 12, 2008 at 07:29:46 PM
Reply: Thank you. You're right -- she was my "baby" -- the youngest of my five children. So, when I dream about her, she's always sitting on my lap.

anything

Question: I THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE BASED ON YOUR BOOK
WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER LOIS.

BEVINN@MAIL.COM

Asked on Monday, December 08, 2008 at 05:08:03 AM
Reply: I've received several offers from movie producers to option WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. I've turned them all down.

After writing a teenage suspense novel, I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, and discovering with horror that Hollywood had inserted into the story an insane fisherman with an ice hook (who was not in my book) and turned my story into a slasher film, I've become paranoid about what can happen when an author's books are turned to movies.

With fiction books, it's a trade-off. HOTEL FOR DOGS, (based upon one of my early books), will be in theaters this coming January. They've made changes, but those are okay. It will be a cute movie, and the original book has been republished by Scholastic, with two sequels to follow.

It appears that STRANGER WITH MY FACE and LOCKED IN TIME may soon become made-for-TV movies. I'm sure a lot of changes will be made in those stories. I may not even recognize those beloved books of mine in their new carnation, but I've accepted that.

That's how it works when you're a writer. You go with the flow.

But I WILL NOT EVER -- for any amount of money -- allow anyone to produce a movie about Kait's case that is not accurate in every way. That's why it hasn't become a movie.

ANYTHING

Question: DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE PAUL APODACA IS?

BEVINN@MAIL.COM

Asked on Monday, December 08, 2008 at 05:01:38 AM
Reply: Anyone who is interested can go on line and find out Paul Apodaca's address, because he is a sex offender, having raped his 14-yr-old half-sister in order to be placed in prison to protect his brother, Mark Apodaca, who is serving a life term for murder.

Paul was sentenced to 20 years. He is now out and living in Albuquerque. If you have a daughter I hope you are not living next door to him.

ANYTHING

Question: WHEN JFK WAS KILLED LATER ON MANY PEOPLE WHO WERE THOUGHT TO BE BEHIND THE KILLING WERE MYSTERIOUSLY KILLED JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO WERE BEING INVISGATED FOR KILLING YOUR DAUGHTERI BELIEVE ON JUDGEMENT DAY THEY WOULD MEET THEIR FATE

BEVINN@MAIL.COM

Asked on Monday, December 08, 2008 at 04:58:02 AM
Reply: I believe they will meet their fate much sooner than that.

THANK YOU!

Question: Hi Lois.
Well my name is Ayerim, I am from Arizona, and I am an 18 year old college student. To tell you the truth before I read your book(Who killed my daughter) I took life for granted. I used to party, drink(even though is against the law), smoke, I never cared about what my parents had to say about my actions, I used to do many stuff that now seem worthless. After I read your book I had a different perspective of life. Now I understand how important it is to my mom my safety. I see things so different, life starts to shine now. I am very glad I read your book. And I am really sorry for what happened to Kate. I really want to ask you if you ever happen to be in Arizona please let me know I will love to met you in person. THank you. You are a great writer, mother, and most important you are a great person:D

Asked on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 at 11:00:25 PM
Reply: Thank you for telling me that. If WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was a "wake up call" for you, then it served to give Kait's short life meaning.

Thank You!

Question: Mrs. Duncan,
I am 18 years old and i just finished your book. When I was assigned to read a non-fiction book for my class I was dragging my feet and really not looking forward to it until i found your book. It opened up a whole world to me that I didn't know. I mean that it's hard to get my mind around the fact that Kait died the same age as me. I just feel so invincible like nothing will happen to me. Then I read this. It gave me a whole new perspective. Not only on the way i live my life but on trusting people. I always picture cops as truthful and just like in all those cop shows where they jump through hoops to do anything to help the victim and they're family. I know you must get this a lot but i'm just sickened at the fact that nobody wants to help. Do you feel weak at times? Ever felt helpless? I know I do and I'm not even connected to the case. I'm writing a paper on the book so anything you would like to tell me about how you feel or anything would be very much appreciated. I just want the kids in my class to know that things like this do happen in real life and you make choises that have consequences. They do all these things and don't think about it later. I just hope they know to go for help when they're in too deep. I just wish it weren't too late for Kait. She had so much to live for. My prayers are with you. You are my hero for going through all this and pushing through for Kait. If you're ever in Florida, like doing a book tour or anything, let me know so I can see you. =D

Asked on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 at 04:31:29 PM
Reply: That's a beautifully written post. I don't know that there's anything I can add that will make your paper any better.

bullet holes

Question: Yes, there were still pictures of bullet holes; a discussion of two of your experiences with psychics, including the "Mike Vamp" book cover and sketch; an very short interview with you; and a mention of the suspects who were arrested and released. The information seemed fairly "old," as there was nothing I didn't remember from "Who Killed My Daughter?". But at least the story was out there again, in spite of the fact there were no updates.

Asked on Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 07:00:39 PM
Reply: Yes, that's the story filmed by "Sightings." They filmed it in 1992, right after my book came out. So, of course, it was confined to the content of the book. All the new things we've learned came AFTER THAT.

How young I must look in that film! And how fragile. I'd had a minor stroke (stress induced) a couple of months before and was terrified that I'd suddenly start slurring my words or experiencie some other grotesque side effect.

You're right. Out there with no updates is better than not out there at all. People who are interested will go to the Internet to find out "what happened next" and find themselves on this Web site.

In 1992, I didn't know the Internet existed. Maybe, back then, it didn't.

The Tallykeeper

Question: Hello Ms. Duncan, let me preface this by saying how much I admire and respect you. As a parent raising a child in Albuquerque, your book has captivated me since I first read it.
I just wanted to say, that I think it is time for you to publish the Tallykeeper. I am an aquaintance of your PI, and know she is on the verge of major breakthroughs. She just needs that one more piece. I know you want resolution, but how much longer can you hold off. Time continues to move on. We all age. I am in my mid 30's born and raised in Albuquerque, and it is time to bring your plight into the public eye again. Don't let too much time pass, push the button, get it done. I have grown up here, and many of my friends are now in positions of power in city and state agencies. They have no idea of your daughters case. The information you seek is getting further away as people retire and people die. I truly believe you need to get this information out there now, again. Go public once again, and make the formal appeal for information. I really think you need to do this now. None of us are getting younger. If you want resolution, you need to try again. Use your new movie as a spring-board for publicity and get it done.
"The Silent Generation" is not your collar. I don't know why after all this time, I have felt implored to ask this of you, but the timing is right.
I have the utmost respect for your courage, perseverance, and honor. I only hope that I can be the parent to my daughter that you have proven to be to Kait. God Bless.

Asked on Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 01:33:34 AM
Reply: I understand what you're saying and why you feel that way. But -- please trust me -- I have a reason for holding back on this.

Something more is getting ready to happen. I feel it coming. And I don't want to publish this book without including it.

Unexplained Mysteries

Question: I was watching the introduction to Unexplained Mysteries on the Biography Channel (Comcast, Pittsburgh, 11/29/08 at 4 pm) and just saw Kaits picture (the one on the website home page) on the screen. The show just started (it's 4:03 now) so I haven't seen it all, but it deals with communication after death.

Just wanted you to know.

Asked on Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 01:04:55 PM
Reply: Thanks for posting that message and for informing me by private e-mail. I'm afraid I missed seeing this, but hopefully there are members of "Kait's Army" who did.

I'm guessing it was a rerun of the coverage of Kait's case that appeared originally on "Sightings." That show turned out to be extremely important to us, because the film makers managed to obtain two close-up photos of the bullet hole in Kait's car that APD had been withholding from us. They show that the bullet hole was made by a larger caliber bullet than the bullets that shattered in Kait's head. Therefore, two guns were used. Which does NOT make for a "random drive-by shooting."

jenn26

Question: i was saddened when last year i picked this book up to read to find out that it was a true story. i read all your books in highschool and it broke my heart to know you had and have to endure this pain everyday. i dont know what its like to lose a child but having two of my own and reading your pain and your families pain made me feel it. i pray for your daughters killers to be brought to justice and for your inner peace. i hope someone in their right mind and heart would just give you the answers and stop holding back and that those so called professionals we call police and detectives will do their part that they vowed to do when they took that badge and that honor to protect and serve.

Asked on Friday, November 28, 2008 at 01:24:46 PM
Reply: We, too, wish the police would "do what they vowed to do when they took that badge." But I'm afraid that's a pipe dream. Even good cops who enter the force with stars in their eyes and a dedication to doing what's honorable, soon learn that they are bound by "The Blue Law of Silence." If they want to keep their jobs, have back up come when they're in a dangerous situation, and protect their family members from harassment or worse, they have to play by the "Blue Rules." Which say that there's nothing more important in life than covering up for your fellow officers.

There are a handful of cops with the courage of their convictions. Several of those distinguished themselves by exposing the "evidence room scandal" at APD. One, Sgt. Cynthia Orr, after trying in every way she could to deal with the corruption within the department , finally felt she had no option other than to speak out. When Police Chief Gill Gallegos invited reporters to visit the APD evidence room to see how well it was run, Sgt. Orr asked her supervisor, Capt. Larry Sonntag, if she had permission to speak freely. He assured her that the department wanted them to be open and honest, so Sergeant Orr invited a reporter into her office and agreed to be tape-recorded.

"This is probably going to end my career," she said.
Sgt. Orr told the reporter that Chief Gallegos had lied to the public and had failed to act despite repeated warnings of evidence theft. Orr said that she, personally, had identified two individuals who were stealing in the evidence room, but the chief had allowed them to continue to work there. She went on to describe how officers under criminal investigation were allowed to work in the evidence room where they were free to tamper with the evidence in their own cases. Orr said she was told not to send reports about missing evidence to the records division because the Top Brass didn’t want it to become public record that items were missing.

"Am I implicating the chief in assisting in this cover-up? Absolutely,” Orr said. “Do I know this is a dangerous accusation to make? Absolutely. But I know this is something that needs to be done."

What's happened to her since I can only imagine. But I know that she is my idol.

Happy Thanksgiving

Question: This Thanksgiving, I went through a list of things for which I was (and still am) thankful. In addition to family and friends (real life and online), I gave thanks for you, Lois.

Thank you for your wonderful gift of writing, which not only carried me through my (lonely) teens and young adult years, but also into my teaching years, since your books are great material for book studies. Students who didn't have an interest in reading, were drawn into your stories.

Thank you, also, for this website. Without it, we soldiers in "Kait's Army" would never know what is going on with her case.

I pray each night that the solution to this horrible puzzle will land in your lap. I know it will not be as simple as Kait coming to you or her brothers & sisters in a dream, saying, "All right - this is what happened the night I died and why..." I don't think it will be Dung or Sharon explaining themselves, either. I see too much cowardice in their character.

But someone knows. I pray for the email to land in your inbox, or the letter to come to you with the information.

Blessings to you and your family at this holiday season.

Kim

Asked on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 11:26:41 PM
Reply: Thank you for your beautiful message, Kim. I agree that Dung will never have the courage to contact us, but Sharon might. I believe she has the core of strength within her and, while I'm sure she has information, I'm equally sure that she was not involved in the murder.

Happy Thanksgiving

Question: I would like to wish the Arquette family and "Kait's Army" a happy and safe Thanksgiving. I hope the new information you can't disclose will bring an end to the search and be something we can all be thankful for.

~Rod

Asked on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 11:32:40 PM
Reply: Amen to that!

Justt thought this was interesting

Question: ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Albuquerque Police Department has turned to the want ads for snitches.

An ad this week in the alternative newspaper The Alibi asks "people who hang out with crooks" to do part-time work for the police.

It reads in part: "Make some extra cash! Drug use and criminal record OK."

Capt. Joe Hudson says police received more than 30 responses in two days. He says one tip was a "big one" but wouldn't elaborate.

An informant whose tip helps officers arrest a drug dealer could earn $50. A tip about a murder suspect could bring up to $700.

It's not the first time department has run ads. In a program 10 years ago, police received so many calls they turned the phones off.
Hmm, I wonder what is going to happen if one of their newest "recruits" dimes out one of their own?????

___

Asked on Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 04:42:44 PM
Reply: Are they still doing that? Quite a few years ago an APD officer named Roch Hart initiated that policy. We've been told he later got in trouble and was forced to leave the department, but don't know that for certain.

Rewars

Question: I have come to your website over the years just to see if there is any new information that helped you find Kait's killers & sadly again, there are the same questions & no answers for you. For that I am very sorry. You deserve to find the killers in this lifetime. I was wondering if you have tried to offer a reward to anyone who provides you the infomation that leads to a conviction? I know I would donate to a fund in hopes it would be large enough to entice that person with the knowledge to finally help you in your quest for the truth. Someone should want to clear their soul also. I would hate to go to my grave without telling what happened.

June in Denver

Asked on Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 12:52:27 PM
Reply: Yes, we have offered a $25,000 reward to anyone who can provide us with new information that leads to the arrest and conviction of Kait's killers. And we will keep that person's identity confidential.

Thank you for offering to donate to Kait's reward fund, but we don't need donations. We are using her college fund for that purpose.

sharon

Question: Do you think Sharon went with Kait to the Desert Castle like somebody a few posts down asked? I think Sharon knows a lot, Kait probably told her about her suspicions. I wish she would talk.

Asked on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 04:37:52 PM
Reply: I have no idea who went with Kait to the Desert Castle. According to the psychics, it was a young man. But, remember -- the whole business about the Desert Castle is input from psychics. It hasn't been proven. However, it's extremely interesting that four different psychics -- who didn't know each other and lived in different areas of the country -- all referred to it.

hey

Question: hello is me lilibeth iam thinking that you dauther's boyfriend knows something about who kill your dauther because he said that it was his fault iam aslo thinking he has to do with something of the drug dealing i also think that there was some drug dealing when they when to there trip to florida i think you should ask your dauther's boyfriend to tell you what he knows thank you and please mail me i gave you my email but if you dint get it is landeroslilibeth@yahoo.com

Asked on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 06:32:51 AM
Reply: Kait's boyfriend will not cooperate, and there's no way to force him.

louis

Question: mabye sharon killed her

Asked on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 03:59:05 PM
Reply: I am certain that Sharon did not kill her.

Sharon Smith

Question: Hi
I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that knows where Sharon is today???

Asked on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 01:40:54 PM
Reply: We know where she is.

hey my name is lilibeth landeros

Question: well iam not writing to give you information but iam writting because i read your book is a great book and iam glad that you are investigating this case your self because the police can be a lilttle sorry my words stupid they might have information but like you say in your book they might be scared well right now iam trying information about the gangs our drug dealers in new mexico if i get information i would send you a message so if you could send me one to my email landeroslilibeth@yahoo.com and rip kait and let one day this crime be solve :) i love your book and just remember your dauther would always be with you

Asked on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 06:49:20 AM
Reply: Thank you for wanting to help, but please don't try to do any investigating of drug enterprises. That's dangerous.

Sharon Smith

Question: Hello Lois

I was reading about the night of the shooting, I was wondering if maybe Sharon was the one who went with kait to the desert castle, Have you had any contact with her lately, who knows she might be ready to tell what really happened during the missing hour or so and why she changed her story. I have a feeling she knows more than she is letting on and has the answer to your questions.

Asked on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 06:00:34 AM
Reply: We do know where Sharon is, but she is not being cooperative.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next