Displaying 3981 - 4000 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 200 of 270)

Fermin Garcia

Question: Take my name and GO Videooff your website or you just as dead aS your daughter
I have connections with APD and the Sherriffs dept. fuck with me you will die bitch

Asked on Monday, August 25, 2008 at 03:52:06 PM
Reply: That post makes me want to rush down to GO Video, if it still exists, and meet Fermin Garcia in person.

I 've never had any contact with Fermin Garcia -- I didn't even know who he was.. But, since he's now threatened to have me killed just like Kait, (random drive-by shooting?), and says he has contacts in law enforcement that can help him do that, I ran a background check on him. He did, indeed, own GO VIDEO at the time Kait was murdered. I don't know the significance of that, but he apparently doesn't want his ownership of GO Video publicized, even though (why would anyone do this unless he was drunk?) -- he has just posted that information himself. And -- he's truthful about the fact that he is tight with APD -- he has three sons at APD -- Lt. Eric J. Garcia, Gang Unit; Allen Garcia, officer for 8 years at SE substation; Danny Garcia, Special Investigations Unit.

If any of you have any information about Fermin Garcia and/or any of his three APD sons, please either post it on this board or send it to us by private e-mail.

Summer Reading Project

Question: Mrs. Duncan,

I wrote to you about a possible place I csould have people send donations to and that is covered.

I would like to know what Kait's middle initial is so I can put it on the tee shirt.

Just turned 14 student

Asked on Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 10:09:41 AM
Reply: Kait's middle initial is C (her middle name was Clare). And, please remember, we do NOT was to solicit donations.

However, it might be helpful if you posted the URL for this Web site on your T-shirt so people can come here and read about Kait's case. That URL is www.kaitarquette.arquettes.com.

Hi Mrs. Duncan

Question: Its me again lala_lata,BKA Diamond B

After reading your response it occured to me that a number of things could have happened that night. If Kait was killed because she new about a major drug scam that means she may have wanted to inform the police.
Question:
1. Mrs. Duncan do you think that the peolpe that chased you that day may have been the killers themselves instead of their families? An if so why couldnt the police trace the tags of the car? Werent there witnesses that mau hve been able to tell them what they saw?

Asked on Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 03:16:03 PM
Reply: I don't know which of the two times I was chased you are referring to, but, no, I don't think I was every chased by Kait's killers.

The first time I was chased was when my daughter, Robin, and I were posting reward fliers with a picture of Kait and Dung on them on trash bins behind an apartment complex in the Vietnamese area of town. The men who chased us were Vietnamese, and I think they just wanted to run us out of there.

The second time I was chased, it was just after receiving death threats from Miguel Garcia's sister. The people in that car were Hispanic. However, Miguel was in jail at that time, so he could not have been one of them.

APD cop

Question: I was the one who posted the message about the APD cop. I am very sorry, I messed the name of the victim up. I am very glad you corrected me. When I read about the murder of Tera Chavez, the Melanie McCracken case came right into my mind. Thank you for all the information about it. That case deserves another look too.

Asked on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 04:43:00 PM
Reply: Another case that falls into this category is Stephen Haar, who was murdered in January 1998. Like Peter Klunck, Stephen was a small time drug dealer who was trying to turn his life around. During the month before his death, Stephen told his mother twice, "Mom, they're going to kill me." Mrs. Haar asked, "Stephen, who is going to kill you?" He said, "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me. It's best that you don't know." He told the same thing to friends.

APD released a statement to the media that Stephen was found dead in the street at Erbbe and Constitution, with a shotgun lying beside him, implying that he was killed during a street fight. In reality, Stephen was found shot in the back inside the home of a man who is reportedly an APD snitch.

After Stephen's death, his mother found a note in his jeans pocket warning him about a contract being put out on him and naming the same APD snitch in whose home Stephen was killed. His mother says, “I believe Stephen was killed for the same reason Peter Klunck was -- he knew too much about dirty cops who were involved in the Albuquerque drug scene and was a threat to them because he was trying to get straight. Stephen and Peter knew each other. Both were welders and did body work on cars. Stephen also knew Matt Griffin (the Ninja Bandit), the cop who killed Peter Klunck.”

The whole story, as told by Stephen’s mother, is on the Real Crimes Web site at www.realcrimes.com.

cop

Question: I hope you can read in the Albuquerque Journal about the case of officer Levi Chavez. It sounds like another Mcgriffin case. The police got to the murderscene and destroyed evidence and contaminated the crime scene. In today's paper there is an article his lawyer saying "Cop suit sickens his lawyer. I'll bet he will get off too and get promoted. I just feel sorry for Melanie Mccrackens mother. Who ever still believes that Kait's murder was a drive-by shooting must be nuts. How long is the police going to get away with stuff like that?

Asked on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 04:03:07 PM
Reply: You’re right. The police cover up in the Tera Chavez case does mirror APD’s efforts to protect APD Officer Matt Griffin when he killed Peter Klunck.

For those unfamiliar with that case, on January 27, 1989, (same year Kait was killed), Peter Klunck, a small time drug dealer, was due to appear in court. Peter allegedly had been stealing get-away cars for Officer Matt Griffin to use for bank robberies and was involved in drug activities with Griffin. Peter, who was soon to become a father, was getting into rehab and trying to turn his life around. He told friends and relatives that, when he appeared in court, he was going to ”blow the lid off APD.”

Before he could do so, he was chased down by the APD ROP Team and shot to death by Matt Griffin. Police Chief Sam Baca issued a statement to the media that Peter was shot in the chest in self-defense. In reality he was shot three times in the back. One honest cop, who witnessed the shooting, said Peter was unarmed. Griffin’s APD buddies investigated the shooting and, after a seven hour search, came up with a weapon they maintained was Peter’s. It was found 15 feet from Peter’s body, and Peter’s fingerprints were not on it.

In July 1989, Matt Griffin was exposed as the infamous “Ninja Bandit.” He was convicted of multiple bank robberies and murder of a witness and is currently serving a life sentence. Even so, APD was infuriated by the Klunck family's allegation that Griffin deliberately murdered Peter to keep him from talking.

Matt Griffin was one of the cops who partied at the auto body shop where the VW bug tried to seek refuge after fleeing the scene of Kait’s murder. You can read the whole story, as told by Peter’s mother, on the Real Crimes Web site at www.realcrimes.com.

new case may open doors

Question: Sadly, as another poster already stated, there has been another victim of APD's dirty cops. Tera Chavez, wife of APD officer Levi Chavez, was killed in her Los Lunas home last October and immediately following the news of her death, nine APD police officers arrived to destroy evidence and contaminate the crime scene. A civil lawsuit is pending in Albuquerque's District Court. Tera had recently reported her husband's insurance fraud activities, which involved his APD colleagues. I e-mailed the mayor of Albuquerque, Martin Chavez, and pointed out similarities in the Chavez case to Kait's case and others on Real Crimes and asked him when the bloodshed will stop. I asked whether he is part of the corruption and, if not, why isn't he doing more to stop it? I also e-mailed several crime reporters and investigative reporters pointing out the similarities and asking them to follow up. If there is any way to keep this case alive in Albuquerque, I plan to do what I can. The more Kait's case is in the media, the more likely it is to have an ending. I would encourage others to write to reporters, etc., and make sure they are aware that Tera Chavez isn't the first person to die from knowing too much about APD's dirty cops.

Asked on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 10:04:06 AM
Reply: Thank you for your efforts. We've come to believe that the media is the only weapon available to victims' of police cover-ups.

APD cop

Question: Another APD cop is accused of killing his wife. He is on paid leave and protests his innosence. It sounds like another case like the Melany Mcgriffin case.
I hope you will publish "The Talley Keeper" soon too. Other murder cases got published without an ending like the Jon Bennet Ramsey case and the girl that got killed in Aruba, ich can't remember her name now. I am sure you will sell a lot of books when you publish "The Talley Keeper"

Asked on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 04:29:51 PM
Reply: This poster refers to the Melanie McCracken case. For those unfamiliar with that case: Melanie had been married 18 months to New Mexico State Police Sergeant Mark McCracken when she mysteriously died. There was never an official determination of what killed her, but expert witness, Dr. John Smialek, head of forensic pathology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, issued a written opinion that Melanie died as a result of "homicidal suffocation."

Sgt. McCracken's subordinate officers at NMSP performed the investigation. They seized no evidence, and all scene photographs taken by OMI field investigator Luis Brown were “lost.”

NBC Dateline did a story on this case which received the Edward R Murrow Award for investigative reporting. The producer set up an interview with Robert Mireles, former head of Living Cross Ambulance Service, to ask him about numerous 911 calls that had been made from Melanie's home prior to her death. On those occasions, Mark did all the talking, only allowing medics to check Melanie's vital signs. The paramedics noticed bruises, which Mark McCracken explained away by telling them that his wife was "critically ill with leukemia.” (The autopsy showed no sign of leukemia or any other disease.)

Dateline’s arranged meeting with Mr. Mireles never occurred, as Mireles was found hanging in his garage in the early morning hours of the day before his appointment with Dateline. EMS run sheets of 911 calls to the McCracken home, which are believed to have been in the possession of Robert Mireles in his briefcase at the time of his death, have never been located.

To show their on-going support for Mark McCracken, the State Police promoted him to the rank of lieutenant.

You’ll find a full account of this case, written by Melanie’s mother, on the Real Crimes Web site at www.realcrimes.com.

Dunworth and Manny Aragon

Question: From what I've been told by former members of APD, Patrick Dunworth moonlighted by doing security for Manny Aragon.

Asked on Monday, August 18, 2008 at 02:30:41 PM
Reply: I don't know anything about his spare time activities.

APD Patrick Dunworth

Question: I knew Dunworth in the 1980s. He was extremely close with certain people in the Vietnamese community, especially the women. He had total control of Kait’s case and got dumped out of APD when the set-up case against the Hispanic fall guys fell through.

Asked on Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 02:59:50 PM
Reply: As I said in my response to the last post, we have never had personal contact with Lt. Dunworth. However, he did head the Violent Crimes Unit at the time of Kait’s murder. His name is included in the Kait Arquette Homicide report, and the times he was part of meetings with the DA's office on the handling of Kait’s case are on record. It's clear that Lt. Dunworth played a direct role in the investigation of Kait’s case. However, when talking with us or our PI, APD has denied that Dunworth had any connection with Kait’s case. Why would they try to distance Dunworth from Kait’s case? And -- if your information is accurate -- why did he get "dumped" when the case against the Hispanic suspects fell through?

If anyone out there has anything to offer on this subject, please either post it on the message board or send it to us by private e-mail.

Patrick Dunworth

Question: The person in charge of the Kait Arquette homicide investigation was (at that time Lt. and later became Capt.) Patrick Dunworth.

He was the one who was in a position to orchestrate the investigation or non-investigation of Kait's case.

Asked on Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 04:47:55 PM
Reply: We've never had any personal contact with Lt. Dunworth. We didn't even know he existed until he called Albq. Journal reporter Mike Gallagher to the police station to try to convince him not to write an article about Kait's case.

Come forward...

Question: Hello Lois, & Family,

I check the site monthly to read comments and updates. I still reside in Albuquerque and have for the past 20 years. At the time Kait was murdered, our family had just moved to Albuquerque about a year prior and I had just completed 9th grade. I concur with the poster who suggested the Tally Keeper be published sooner rather than later. I think your book, regardless of its lack of an ending, will give you the answers you need. I know you've said you want to wait for the person who has information to gain courage, but perhaps this is the catalyst they need to release this courage. You've promised this person's identity will remain a secret. I know you will take it to the grave. I beg of this person who has knowledge to come forward. Bad things happen to good people, such as Kait, when good people refuse to step in and take action against the bad. Don't stand by any longer. Take a stand as the good person you are. Your information is what's needed to solve this case. Pray to GOD for the strength you need. HE will give it to you. Please contact Lois and her family to give them the peace they deserve.

Asked on Friday, August 15, 2008 at 11:11:10 AM
Reply: Thank you for encouraging timid people to find the courage to contact us. Once again, I promise to protect the indentities of people who provide us with information.

Summer Reading Project

Question: Hi Lois!
I know it is hard to write about a trageic event in your life but you did very well!

I had a list of about 50 books to choose from for my summer reading book and I picked yours after reading your Kidnapped series and Random last summer. We have to make a t-shirt to go along with the book and i have to wear it to school. So I thought well if i have to wear a shirt to school maybe i could help by like putting on it make a donation to ....... i think crime stoppers was what you mentioned in your book is their something to send to you because i know you are doing the investigating now?

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter but i am glad you wrote about it because in the end it's reality and like many people learn everyday reality is hard to face.

with love, 13 year old student

Asked on Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 06:19:58 PM
Reply: That's a very sweet offer. However, we're not accepting donations. We've used Kait's college fund.

Prayers

Question: I use to be a faithful reader of Ann Rule's website but illness and arthritis usually keeps me from the keyboard these last few years. Today I thought to check her site for updates and found the link to your site about Kait. How tragic and wasteful that such a young life is taken to protect those who value life so little.

It is time that the American people stand up as one and tell our lawmakers that we will no longer sit by and watch this type of travesty unfold. We have the power if we just would use it. I urge anyone reading this site to register to vote and to do so. If your lawmakers are not doing the job they should; vote them out of office! And keep voting the unproductive, unhearing, and uncaring politicians out until you find someone who will step up and say, "I am with you and I will stop this."

That this young girl was murdered because she feared to go to the police is unbelievably tragic and to then have law enforcement cover up and ignore the facts is as criminal as the murder it's self.

I pray that someone will step up and have courage to tell the truth so Kait cann rest in peace and all those you love her can finally lay down the torch and be able to mourn her in love without the burden of not knowing if her killers will ever be punished.

You will be in my prayers.

Phoebe

Asked on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 11:29:26 PM
Reply: Thank you, Phoebe. Ann Rule is a dear friend of mine and has been following this case from the very beginning. She has told me that she wishes she could have been with me when I went searching for the Desert Castle.

Never give up! part two

Question: Kait and your entire family have been etched in my heart every since I first read the book. Not a day goes by that I don’t check this site to see if Kait’s killer has been caught. You will always have my deepest sympathy for what you have had to endure and my highest regards for the grace with which you all have done it. Now please don’t think that I am a nut but I had a dream about Kait about 3 months ago that I thought I should tell you about. It was actually just like I was watching Kait have a conversation. Obviously I have never met Kait, so I’m not sure how I even knew it was her, but I did. She was just talking and then I suddenly realized that I was going to wake up. I felt this sense of urgency, so I asked Kait if she had anything important to say. She looked at me and answered, “Firefly or butterfly.” I can’t remember which it was. I know that I should of written it down but it just seemed so crazy and didn’t make any sense to me. I have worried ever since then about this, so I thought I would just tell you in case it made some sense to you. The question I have for you is this, do you have people in place to take over your search for Kait’s killers when you are gone? The reason that I ask this is because the killers or people who know who the killers are, may keep tabs on the message board. It is important that they know that this search will continue on and on until Kait’s killers are found. Not only does your family wants the answers, people all over this country want the answers. God Bless you. You will be in my prayers, hopes, and wishes. Never Give Up!

Asked on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 03:03:50 PM
Reply: Thank you for you caring messages. As you know, we too left Albuquerque after my book came out for fear of retaliation from (1) the Vietnamese; (2) the Hispanic suspects; (3) but, most of all, the police.

Your dream may have been spurred by my statement at the end of my book that my words of warning went fluttering after Kait as ineffectively as "a battalion of butterflies."

Yes, the personal investigation of Kait's case will continue after my death. Kait has two sisters and two brothers who will keep it going.

Never give up! part one

Question: Hi Mrs. Arquette,
Unfortunately I do not have any information about Kait’s murder, but I do have a couple thoughts and a question that I feel compelled to share with you. I am a 40 year old mom who lives in the Midwest. For a brief period of time, I lived in Albuquerque. Even though it was after Kait’s murder (1995-1996), I never knew anything about Kait until I moved back to the Midwest. The entire time that I lived in Albuquerque I felt scared and unsafe. I am a fairly rational person but I just could not shake the feeling that this was not a safe place to raise my family. One day I was at a car lot on Central and this mailman walked up to me and asked me where I was from. I told him that I lived there in Albuquerque. He then asked me where in Albuquerque. I answered rather vaguely, “on the NE side.” I will never forget his reply as long as I live. He said “Yes you live at ......” He gave me my exact address! It was so creepy. I went home that night and told my husband that we had to get out of there. We moved within two weeks. The day after we moved back I was tired from the move and I went to my local library for a break. There on an end cap was your book, “Who Killed My Daughter.” I picked it up and took it home. Imagine my surprise that night when I started reading and realized that these horrendous events had happened where we had just moved from. I read the book from front to cover that night and had chills the entire time. I have read it probably ten times since then and it still moves me every time.

Asked on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 03:01:33 PM

Kait

Question: Why do you think kait did not call her parents that nite to come for her and warn them that something may happen to her or that she was in trouble?. I know you said she may have thought she could handle things but it seems to me she had a real fear and kept it to her self why????

Asked on Saturday, August 09, 2008 at 09:44:48 PM
Reply: There's no way we can know this for sure, since one person who can give us the answer is dead, and the other, Sharon Smith, is afraid to talk.

We can only speculate. One possibility is that Kait was afraid for our safety -- perhaps she'd been told that we would be killed if she talked. Another possibility -- she was afraid that our knee jerk reaction would be to call the police, (which it would have been, because at that time we had total trust in law enforcement). If the cops who partied at that chop shop were involved in or protecting the activities that she thought might get her killed, that's the last thing she would have wanted. Another possibility -- (and I'm sure this is why she never told us about the car wreck scam or about Dung's abuse of her) -- is that she feared we would report Dung's criminal activities to the INS and he would be deported. Even if she was breaking up with him, she would not have wished that fate upon him. Or she might have thought the whole story was too long and involved to try to tell us over the phone that night and thought she could get to our house and tell us in person before anything happened to her. (She left Sharon's house abruptly and was driving in the direction of our house when she was shot.)

Or there may be an entirely different reason that we've never thought of.

unsolved mysteries

Question: has the story of your daughter come on unsolved mysteries and do you have any way of knowing when the particular episode in which your daughter is in will show.....i would really like to watch it and gain more knowledge. It is fine i will understand if you don\'t have anyway of knowing when the particular episode will be showing....i pray for you and your family and it saddens me so much to see this case is still not solved.....i will pray that you find a satisfying ending soon.......don\'t ever give up!

Asked on Thursday, August 07, 2008 at 10:27:32 PM
Reply: I have no way of knowing when the Lifetime Channel reruns Kait's story. I only hear about it after the fact from viewers who have seen it.

New cable show -- could it help Kait?

Question: Lois and family, I came across this on Allison DuBois' website today. Perhaps this new show may help in catching Kait's killer?

Looking for Cold Cases for New Show "Soul Evidence"
I am working on a new TV show for SCI-FI called SOUL EVIDENCE. This is a project that I'm very excited about that assembles a powerful team of investigators to revisit unsolved murders.
The criteria to submit your case requires the following: Homicide had to be commited in the U.S.; The death MUST be ruled a homicide by the authorities; NO victims under the age of 18; Must be a case that has been shelved by the police. In other words a COLD CASE where the leads didn't pan out and need to be re-looked at. Usually this has occurred after several years have passed since the crime took place; the family of the victim must be the ones asking for help. We do not respond to strangers asking us to help the victim.
We would like to speak with the family members, not go through political red tape that can hold up an investigation. We will need anything on the case that is public record. The investigators purpose is to help bring an end to mysteries surrounding homicides and hand over our results to law enforcement for them to carry out justice for the victims family. Wish us luck on our endeavor and we look forward to producing life changing results. Please e-mail a description of your case and your contact information to: cases@allisondubois.com.

Asked on Thursday, August 07, 2008 at 02:07:12 PM
Reply: Thank you for this excellent information!

I've just sent them an e-mail proposing Kait's case.

The timing for this is good, because there’s a “peg” they can hang the story on that might stimulate viewer interest. HOTEL FOR DOGS, an out-of-print children’s book I wrote in 1971, has just been filmed by Dreamworks as a major motion picture. It will be released to theaters in January 2009, and a revised, updated edition of the book will be released to book stores in November. That should lead to a lot of publicity which could help their ratings. That silly little book was Kait’s favorite of my stories when she was a little girl. How thrilled she would have been to have seen it on the Big Screen!

Cold Case research

Question: I read about this group on cnn.com and they are looking at the Levy and Holloway cases. Maybe they could help you? Copied from the cnn.com website:

CNN is following four Bauder College students as they build their case files in the Chandra Levy and Natalee Holloway investigations. The following are logs each is keeping to document the cases. Sheryl McCollum is the director of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute. The views expressed in this article are not necessarily those of CNN, its affiliates or the schools where the campus correspondents are based. Got a tip? E-mail the class at ColdCaseTips@USACops.com

Asked on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 at 12:24:49 PM
Reply: Not only is this a great idea, but the head of the program has already been communicating with us about possibly using Kait's case as a project for future classes.

If any of you want to go to that Web site and submit your own suggestion that the Kait Arquette case might be a worthy subject for those dedicated students, that might help make it happen.

I remember ...

Question: I was a junior in high school when this happened and remember it very vividly. Immediatly after, the whispers were for knowing too much about drug activites no matter what the media was 'saying'.

I hope that one day soon this will solved for you and your family.

Asked on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 at 04:51:06 AM
Reply: I wish that you and the others had contacted us at that time with your suspicions. If, in retrospect, you recall anything specific -- WHY students thought it was drug related, etc. -- please, send me a personal e-mail. Perhaps you could brainstorm about it with former classmates. Even at this late date, one of them might remember something.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next