Displaying 3981 - 4000 of 5671 posts for this case -- (Page 200 of 284)

Library books missing

Question: Ms. Arquette
I haven\'t lived in New Mexico since the late 1990\'s, which was when I worked in the library system and attempted to check out your book. I was working there as a student, and only the librarians and circulation staff had access to the records of which patron checked out and did not return which books. It\'s confidential information (without a sub-poena, anyhow). Of course, anyone could vandalize a book or rip out incriminating pages without checking it out. I did check the ABQ library\'s public website just now and some of the lost books have been re-ordered and are available now. In fact, two have been recently checked out, so I thought you would like to know that there is still local interest in Kait\'s case. This case has stayed in my mind since then and I check every so often to see if there are any new leads. Best wishes.

Asked on Friday, November 06, 2009 at 03:35:22 PM
Reply: Good. They must have reordered WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? immediately or had copies donated, because a hard cover book generally stays in print for only one year. Then it's replaced by the paperback edition.

Your book missing from all libraries in ABQ

Question: Dear Mrs. Arquette,
You were one of my favorite writers growing up, and I was so saddened to hear about the death of your daughter. I read your book shortly after it came out, and shortly thereafter relocated to Albuquerque. I was curious to re-read the book for some of the specific details as I was now familiar with the area. I was working in a library at the time, and I attempted to check the book out. Would you believe that EVERY single copy was missing from every single library in the ABQ metro area? They were all listed as either \"lost\" or \"damaged beyond repair.\" A chill went up my spine upon reading this-we\'re talking about 15-20 copies here. A coincidence? I am sure it isn\'t and someone out there doesn\'t want anyone with information stumbling across it accidentally. I imagine that your daughter\'s friend, Sharon, would be risking her own life to tell you the truth about what she knows, and I am a little worried for your safety as well. ABQ can be a scary place to live even without having such dangerous people angry at you. For your family\'s safety, I hope that you are no longer living in the area, and that the truth will come out someday. I look forward to reading \"The Tally Keeper.\" Best wishes, and thank you for many hours of enjoyment spent reading your wonderful books. Christine

Asked on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 at 08:23:22 PM
Reply: THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

At this late date, is there any record still available of who checked out those "lost" or "destroyed" books?

president of the Police Union

Question: Was the person who made that statement Alex Marentas, Officer Wallace's boyfriend at the time Kait was murdered?

Asked on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 03:33:14 PM
Reply: Yes, the person who made that statement was Alex Marentas. He allegedly was a field officer at Kait's scene. Several people have posted on this message board or told us by private e-mail that he was Officer Mary Ann Wallace's boyfriend at the time of the murder, but we have no way to verify that.

Mayor Berry

Question: Contact him. Convince him to get interested in this case.

Asked on Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 08:50:57 PM
Reply: The last thing a new mayor wants is to (1) become involved in a controversial mess that his predecessors have abandoned and/or (2) turn the police union against him.

When mayor Jim Baca attempted to establish a citizen review board for police-misconduct cases, the president of the union told the media, "If he screws with us, we will do everything possible to defeat him in the next election." Which they did.

The mayor has no control over APD. It's the other way around.

cont. questions

Question: I was so happy to hear back from you. What is the significance of the British version of \"Don\'t Look Behide you\" and the composite sketch if the suspect drawn by the psychic Noreen Reiner? This gave me chills! Also, what about DNA evidence?
-Bridgette

Asked on Monday, October 12, 2009 at 07:56:05 AM
Reply: Noreen Renier believes Kait psychically sent her the vision of that face -- which she then described to a police artist who drew the sketch -- as a way of sending us the message, "I was NOT killed in a random shooting. I was killed by a drug dealer's hitman, like the one in Mother's book."

Neither Noreen nor the police artist could have seen the picture of the hitman, as it wasn't on the jacket of the U.S. edition of DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU. It was on the jacket of the British edition. I received a proof of the British artwork shortly before Kait died and showed it to her. She and I were among the very few people in the United States who saw it. That edition was not available in the U.S.

The police didn't even take fingerprints. They certainly didn't bother with DNA evidence.

I wish they had fingerprinted Kait's purse, as I later discovered that somebody cleaned out her wallet. There wasn't a penny in it.

case

Question: why is it that you want to pursue these people so badly? i mean you have not given up and its been 20 years, and chasing them down won't bring your daughter back.
My heart goes out to your family.

Asked on Friday, October 02, 2009 at 06:14:52 PM
Reply: No, it won't bring Kait back.

But it might prevent other people from being murdered by these same killers. And it might prevent further cover-ups by the cops who orchestrated the cover-up of Kait's case.

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: My heart was broken when I read this book...it is a shame that your family has not received justice....you did a fantastic job portraying your family, by the time the book is done, the reader is so touched by this personal tragedy, we feel we know you personally, as i mentioned before, it took for me to move to Albuquerque to read this although I had read some of your fantastic fiction years earlier...i felt badly I never signed my name to the last note, I work in an area book store and will recommend this book highly....it is an important work and a must read for everyone, it brings a certain awareness to all and is one of the most important books I have ever read....you will always be in my prayers....I pray for justice and vindication....I look forward to the Tallykeeper and pray that by the time it is finished all the answers will be very clear....keep the faith, you have millions who are pulling for you.....there must be answeers out there, Kait's life was not in vain...I have faith your prayers will be answered someday.....God bless you
with love and hope
Glen

Asked on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 05:58:06 PM
Reply: You work for an Albuquerque book store?!!! How absolutely wonderful! WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published in 1992 and is now such an old book that it's primarily available only from on-line bookstores. If you could stock copies in a physical book store in Albuquerque -- perhaps even add a small sign informing customers that the murder took place in their own city and is still unsolved -- that would mean the world to us. Albuquerque is the place where people know what happened. Getting that book back into local circulation might cause someone with information to decide to contact us.

Nice Job

Question: Wow! While I was reading your book I kept getting surprised that you hadn\\\'t completely given up. You look a lot like my English/reading teacher! At least you know that one day the mystery will be solved (according to Betty Muench).

Asked on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 12:49:38 PM
Reply: Mothers never give up when it comes to their children. Even the mildest mothers turn into tigers.

Happy Birthday

Question: Happy 39th kiddo ... not feeling poetically inspired this time, so I'll repeat my plea from last year ... to anyone with real information about Kait's murder PLEASE contact Lois, she will keep your identity hidden and you can finally put an end to this search for the truth.

~Rod

Asked on Friday, September 18, 2009 at 12:48:35 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting, Rod.

Kait's brother, Donnie, just called, and he has his candle ready to light at sundown, as do the other members of the family. Our on-going tradition to bring light to Kait's spirit and the light of truth to her case.

N again

Question: I found Dung!! I believe he's on facebook. I'm not quite sure it's him but he looks exactly like him and his name matches, also it says Albuquerque under location. YOu might want to check it out

Asked on Friday, September 18, 2009 at 10:27:49 AM
Reply: I will check it out, but I find it hard to believe that this person is "our" Dung. The last thing he'd want to do would be expose himself on Facebook. There are only a total of about a dozen Vietnamese names. "Dung" and "Nguyen" are two of those, so "Dung Nguyen" is a VERY common name, especially in a city like albuquerque where there is such a large Vietnamese community.

"Our Dung Nguyen had a very large black mole on his face. That's one way to distinguish him.

APD cop

Question: i would rather name him here since he has passed on. don't want my email out there.

Asked on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 02:01:28 PM
Reply: If he's "passed on" he can't do you any harm. But, if you're worried about it for some reason, you can send your information to us anonymously by personal e-mail from a fake address.

Previous Poster - Theory

Question: I totally agree with his/her theory. Which makes it that much harder for the "actual" people involved to be brought to justice. People who were involved might not even be in office anymore (retired) or have moved to another state, or somewhere more discreet. One dirty cop that I know of has passed on to greener pastures drinking himself there.

Asked on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 11:03:24 AM
Reply: If the cop you're referring to was with APD, please send us a private e-mail giving us his name. That name might link to other names in our database.

My theory on Kait's murder

Question: Dirty cops and organized crime are the culprits. From the evidence I have read here her boy freind was involved in organized crime and so were the cops in that area. This is not uncommon in fact it is common place in this day and age. This was their way of closing her mouth as she knew to much for them to let her go about her life. She apparently knew enough to put someone behind bars and break up their ring if you will. We live in a dangerous society where even people in official offices are big time criminals. The higher the office the dirtier they are. Don't believe me? Start looking around real close, watch these people. They keep their hands clean but if you look you will see them interact with the dirt sooner or later. How do I know? I've seen it with my own eyes when i was a few years younger and in all kinds of trouble. I had since enough to get out of that type life thank goodness before it was too late. I hope you folks will keep pursueing this and nail these guy's. To learn of what they did to her sickens me, I pray that they are caught.

Asked on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 06:18:49 PM
Reply: Thank you for this excellent post. Thank god you were smart enough to break with that lifestyle at the time that you did.

My Prayers are with you

Question: First off I am so sorry for you and your family. You all are so strong and wonderful. I know this will sound horribleand stupid, but has it ever been concidered that \"Sharon\" and her boyfiend might have somthing to do with this? I ask only because she went to great lenghts to establish Kait\'s alibi. The fact of her and her boyfriend getting jobs after Kaits death at Pier one and leaving so suddenly. Maybe they were involed in an off handed way with Dung or the Mexican trafficers and Kait was saddly a feared liability.

Asked on Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 01:23:21 PM
Reply: We're not discounting that possibility. Although I feel certain (maybe just because I met her and liked her) that Sharon had no idea that Kait would be killed.

Paul Apodaca's whereabouts

Question:

Where is Paul Apodaca today?
Asked on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:57:15 PM
Reply: Paul Apodaca is out of prison and living in Albuquerque. He's not hard to find because he's a registered sex offender.

Pier One Imports

Question: It wouldn't surpise me if Pier One Imports was involved in the drug trade market directly. I'm sure their executives are very ingenious when it comes to the marketing of it! They're not listed on NYSE and USSE for nothing. They're a billion dollar enterprise. If they got that way strictly through merchandise sales, kudos to them. but something doesn't sit right with me on that note.

Asked on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 02:21:11 PM
Reply: I can't comment because I have no knowledge about this.

Steering Wheel

Question: The steering wheel (bullet shattered window picture) does not match with the way the tires look in the car up on the sidewalk picture. Not sure what to make of this....

Asked on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 02:16:07 PM
Reply: Interesting comment.

Pier One Imports

Question: I just got through reading the "History" of Pier One Imports." Quite the philanthropists. Also has grown into very wealthy entity with tendrils reaching throughout the world. Very interesting. They sure put up a good
front. How sad.

Asked on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 03:02:45 PM
Reply: As I said below, we have no reason to believe that Pier One, itself, was involved in a smuggling operation. Particular individuals who worked for Pier One may have been involved, but not necessarily the company itself.

"History of Asian Drug Smuggling"

Question: I just read a piece under the Drug Smuggling section of this site. How does the drug bust in Hickory, NC in 2001 coincide with Kait's murder?
Also where is Pier One's home office located?

Asked on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 02:43:41 PM
Reply: The drug bust in NC had nothing to do with Kait's murder. It's just an example of the extremes people have gone to in order to smuggle drugs from Asia into this country. I knew nothing about this until I read that article, and it was an eye-opener.

I believe Pier One's headquarters may be in Texas. At least, that was the location of a warehouse at the time Kait worked there.

However, we have no reason to believe that Pier One, itself, was involved in the smuggling operation. It was probably simply a convenient "drop box" for packages sent from outside the country by UPS. If somebody knew drug shipments were en route, they could intercept those particular packages on the loading dock or in the storeroom without the manager or owners of Pier One knowing anything about it.

Dung

Question: I am not finished reading your book, "WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?". How ever, I find it questionable that, Dung stabbed himself in the stomach, over remorse, and sadness. As I read the pharagraphs, relating to Dung's self stabbing, I felt a sceptical sense of unbelief. Was this one room they all were sharing? If so, a light would have been turned on upon entering it, and Dung's friends would have noticed blood, if it was not concealed. Maybe Dung, wanted himself to be found this way, as he knew they would be back shortly. There are so many inconsistancies, with this whole scenario. I do believe that Dung had a relationship with your daughter, that was good and loving, to a point. Kait, was always giving to Dung, support, and financially. If it were not for Kait, Dung would not have a roof over his head, so in part, I strongly believe that he was using her. And why, does Dung go on to have another white American girlfriend? Is there a reason? Dung, seems to have alot of mistruths, and hidden agenda's, surrounding him. Has anyone kept up with Dung and his current day to day living, as he could be maintianing a pattern. Some times, it is what lies ahead, that could lead many to answers to the past. It is hard to believe that your daughter was just a drive by shooting, too many twists and turns, and too many questions about Dung and his friends.

My email - karailatto@yahoo.ca

writerjunkiesis

Asked on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 at 08:08:48 AM
Reply: I agree, that "attempted suicide" does not credible. Especially since an intelligence agent with a Vietnamese wife told us, "To kill oneself violates the first rule of Confucius. The Pious rule is basic in Vietnamese and Chinese culture, unlike the Japanese hara-kiri. I described this situation to a Vietnamese associate, and his immediate response was, 'The boy belongs to a gang, and she was a threat in some way so she was killed.í Itís possible that the stabbing was a self inflicted punishment order or carried out by the gang to punish the boyfriend for putting the gang in jeopardy. Self mutilation as a punishment for infractions is not unknown in the Vietnamese culture."

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 next