Displaying 3921 - 3940 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 197 of 270)

Pier I

Question: Pier I has carried merchandise from Mexico.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 03:00:34 PM
Reply: Drugs from Mexico constantly come across the border into New Mexico. Manny Aragon's brother, Chuck, was chief financier of one of those import operations in 1989. And he's now been arrested for that again in 2008. He was bringing drugs across the border in trucks. Nobody in NM who wanted drugs from Mexico would need to import them through Pier One.

The VIP

Question: if it was Manny Aragon being described by the psychic he wouldn't have been in his 50's in 1989. Aragon was probably late 30's early 40's back then.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 02:58:51 PM
Reply: You're right. He was in his 40s. But psychics are seldom right on target. The best of them get impressions that are close to accurate. (The fakes, and there are many of those, just guess at everything.) What has impressed me, and the rest of our family who formerly were total non-believers in psychic stuff, is that these psychics from all over the country, who didn't know we were consulting anyone other than them, all came up with this similar description.

I'll also like to point out that the description of this politician could apply to several other political VIPs besides Manny Aragon.

The VIP?

Question: Did any of the psychics identify by name the VIP Kait saw involved in a drug deal?

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 02:21:53 PM
Reply: No. But they did describe him:

Betty Muench -- 1990: “The person Kait saw is a political figure who has the podium and is very coveting of his position. He is married. He has a fear of being exposed that borders on paranoia, and this will have been part of his fear upon the observation of him by Kait. He will not have had anything to do with the actions after that, but his followers will be involved.”

Nancy Czetli -- 1992: “He’s active in both local city politics and state level politics. I think he's been in the state legislature. He may be part of your court system. He has black hair, he's heavy set, and is getting a little jowly under his chin. I'd say he's in his fifties and has a very powerful voice. This man has been involved for quite some time in rather extensive import-export of drugs. He did not order Kait's killing, but his presence helped trigger it.”

Robert Petro (channeling Kait) -- 1992: "The VIP was in local government. I can't give you the exact position, but he was a married man, well-positioned in government. But he wasn't the only one in the place. It appeared that everybody around there was doing something with drugs. For some reason I recognized him."

Those psychic descriptions are of the VIP as he was in 1989. Add 20 years to envision him today.

Manny Aragon

Question: I have a real strong feeling that Manny Aragon was involved (maybe not directly) to Kait's murder among other crimes. This corruption case that he's going to prison for, which by the way I don't think will really happen, is just the one of many crime undertakings Manny was the head of. His brother Chuck is sitting in jail right now waiting to be tried for marijuana trafficking. He was caught and arrested a few months ago. Back in 1989 when Kait as killed, Manny Aragon was fairly new in the Senate but already building his connections. He was arrested in 1989 for driving while intoxicated and in possession of drugs. And this is while he was a sitting Senator in our legislature. Maybe this will be the undoing of all the corruption tied to him. But honestly, I think he's going to get away with doing any actual prison time. The reports yesterday said that the sentencing judge still had to determine if Aragon would do actual prison time or be ordered to work in some kind of prison program. He supposedly has to relinquish one of his bank accounts to start paying back the money he stole. The legislature is crawling in a hole right about now.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 01:57:33 PM
Reply: It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

Manny Aragon

Question: To the person who posted the news about Manny pleading guilty but "doesn't know if this matters or helps," his current activities don't link to Kait's case but what it does do is show that the VIP with the most political influence in New Mexico -- head of the state senate at the time Kait was murdered -- is a crook. And most of his friends were crooks. His brother was the head of a drug ring. And his business partner, Jerry Padilla, was a three time convicted heroin dealer who headed Los Padillas, the most dangerous street gang in the Southwest, who were major distributors of heroin.

Where were they getting that heroin? Is there any connecting between them and the people who were intercepting the shipments at Pier One?

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 07:54:23 AM
Reply: The answer to that would lie in what type heroin Los Padillas was selling in 1989. Black tar heroin from Mexico? Or high purity white heroin from Asia, which is worth almost twice as much as black tar heroin from Mexico? Or both?

If they were dealing in the white heroin from Asia, there would have been very few ways they could have obtained it. Los Padillas would not have their own contacts in the Orient.

I'm sure this has been verified..

Question: But are you 200% sure that Matt Griffin was behind bars the night of the murder? I just keep getting the "feeling" that he was there that night. It just seems way to coincidental that " Oh yeah, by the way, this guy we caught has been robbing and terrorizing the city for banks years!" ... 6 days before???

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 04:58:29 AM
Reply: Yes, I'm totally sure Matt Griffin was behind bars on the night Kait was shot. He was arrested exactly one week before the shooting, and TV news footage about Kait's murder bleeds directly into news footage showing Griffin in the court room.

However, the person who drove the get-away car was never identified. And Griffin's buddies -- the other cops who also hung out at that auto body shop on Arno, where the VW bug fled after leaving Kait's scene -- were not incarcerated on the night of the shooting. It's not impossible that one of them might have been involved.

Don't think this matters or helps any.....

Question: but, Manny Aragon just pleaded guilty today on the downtown building scam.5 1/2 years behind bars.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 04:30:09 AM
Reply: I'm surprised he caved. I thought he would fight it out in court.

New Pier 1 Manager

Question: Did you or your PI(s) ever talk to Doyle Cawthon, Renae Bunn's replacement at Pier 1? He may be able to shed light on circumstances at the store, (the old manager's firing, the smuggling, etc.) Especially now, almost 2 decades later, when he's likely no longer with Pier 1.

Asked on Monday, October 13, 2008 at 06:08:05 PM
Reply: Yes, our PI did talk with him. He had no information to offer.

Someone's Impersonating You & Kait

Question: Hi, Lois... it's been awhile since I've written you, but I never stop thinking about you guys. I had told you there is a private profile for Kait on MySpace. They never accepted my add request, so I don't know anything there. However, someone else has since created a public profile for her, & the person seems to alternate between impersonating Kait & impersonating you. It's kind of creepy. I don't think it's a lead or anything, but they're posting strange- or false- information, such as how "she" is madly in love with Dung, yet the blog entries are allegedly by YOU...but unless you have REALLY lost your writing skills go, they are not. You might want to see about getting the page removed.

Take care,
AnnaMarie

Asked on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 08:59:48 AM
Reply: Thanks for letting us know. I deleted the address from your post because I don't want to publicize that site. But, before I deleted it, I visited it. It's obviously just some insensitive kid taking advantage of the Internet. Kids who do school projects, ("Write a blog as if you were a character in a book") sometimes like to show off that way. It's not worth it to get the page removed, because another will spring up in its place. Best just to ignore it.

Kait

Question: Hello,
I first read your book "Who killed My Daughter?" almost three years ago. Kait's story has stuck with me ever since and there is not a week that goes by that I don't think about her. I wrote you back in High School when I finished reading the book and was touched when you took the time to respond. Your perserveriance and determination is rare and is the perfect example of the qualities I believe every person should carry.
Coruption is a even more common issue in our justice system all across the nation and it is up to us, the people to fight back and not tolerate such cowardess acts. In no shape or form should any parent or family member have to accept that their local police department in 'unable', 'uncapable' or down right neglecting their family members case. It is one thing to not be able to solve a case, (but only after all of the leads have been exhaused) but is another to cover up a case.
I wish you and your family the best of luck in your ongoing investigation and I hope to god you find the people who did this and they pay for their crimes. Whether it be through the justice system (although unlikely), they will surely pay when their time comes. They are by far the lowest form of life and Kait did not deserve to have her bubbly personality or bright furture snatched away from her on that cold night.

Sincerley,

Chelsi N.

P.S.- When will you be releasing your sequel "The Tallykeeper" or where can I get it?

Asked on Friday, October 10, 2008 at 01:02:10 PM
Reply: Thank you for following this case over three years, Chelsi. THE TALLYKEEPER hasn't yet been published. I've held back on that for several reasons. The main one is that we continue to receive new information from people with knowledge about the case and to have new people step in to help us follow up on that information. I don't want to publish the sequel to WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? before the time is right.

APD - Albuquerque, NM

Question: http://kob.com /article /stories/S611703.shtml?cat=516

above site has article about a Watchdog group "Vecinos United" trying to get information from Chief Shultz in regards to police cover-ups involving murders in Albuquerque. The group suposedly has a list of cases that should be investigated.

Asked on Thursday, October 09, 2008 at 01:55:17 PM
Reply: Thank you. We will follow up on this.

i am doing a project on kaits death

Question: It is very confusing.

Asked on Thursday, October 09, 2008 at 10:07:36 AM
Reply: Yes, it is.

Questions. Brit

Question: I've commented you a while back. Left it alone for a little while, hoping that maybe in time you may have found the one who did kill your daughter. But still no answers. I'm starting college in December to be a Foresic Scientist. Reading your book in High School made me want to become one even more. There are so many loose ends to this story. I've been trying to put things together and find answers. Could you answer these questions for me possibly? To see if I could get anywhere with this case,

Where is Dung now?

When I looked at the pictures you have on your website. Of Kait's car on the sidewalk. It seems to look like a puddle of blood on the right side of her car? Is it? How did it get there?

Do you think that Sharon had something to do with her murder?
Possibly set her up?
Or who's idea was it for Kait to go to Sharon's?

What is this GO Video I keep reading about?
A website? Or a place?

What confuses me most is the fact that there is a 3 hour gap. Where was Kait in these 3 hours? What could she have possibly been doing? How long have she have known Sharon for her to need directions to her house? Was Kait on her way back to your house to tell you something? Why won't Sharon talk now? The police/law enforcement can't make her talk?

Where was Dung during this?
Did he have any clue they were going to break up?

I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions. I just feel like with these answers I may be able to help or come up with something.

I seen also you were planning on writing another book. They will possible come out and the end of this year. Once again without an ending?

Thanks.
Brit!

Asked on Monday, October 06, 2008 at 11:09:50 PM
Reply: We don't know where Dung is now. After my book came out he went to the Pacific Northwest. When the dust settled he returned, bringing with him a new Caucasian girlfriend who people have told us looked like Kait. They lived together in Albuquerque for many years, but I've been told they're no longer together.

I assume that puddle of body liquids on the passengers side of the car spilled out when the medics removed Kait from the car. They worked from that side of the car.

I assume it was Sharon's idea for Kait to go to her house, since Sharon invited her to dinner. I can't imagine Kait inviting herself.

GO-VIDEO was a video store owned by a man named Fermin Garcia who has three sons who are members of APD. For some reason, Fermin does not want his name linked to that business. When he discovered that somebody had posted the fact that he was the owner, he threatened to have me killed if I didn't remove that post. I have no idea how -- if at all -- he or his business is linked to Kait's case.

We, too, are bewildered by the three missing hours in Kait's final evening and by Sharon's attempts to convince us that they didn't exist.

Kait had known Sharon only a couple of months. Sharon ran a snow cone cart outside Pier One, where Kait worked, and they met during one of Kait's lunch breaks.

Kait was driving in the direction of our home when she was shot. We assume she was coming there.

Sharon HAS talked. APD interviewed her twice, (although they withheld the second interview from Kait's case file, so there's no way to know what she told them.) She has talked to me both in person and on the the phone. She was interviewed on tape for three hours by an attorney from California who specializes in representing insurance companies who are victims of fraud. The problem is that her statements conflict. She told everybody something different.

Dung's story is that he spent the evening with two of his Vietnamese friends at the Firehouse Restaurant and one friend dropped him back at his/Kait's apartment at 10 p.m. Sharon says Kait had her phoning the apartment all evening, right up until she left at 10:45, and nobody answered the phone. The people at the Firehouse Restaurant say there were no Vietnamese there that night. Our own belief is that Dung was at the scene of the shooting, since he was phoning people, telling them, "Kait's dead! They shot Kait!" three hours before police "woke him up" to inform him of the shooting.

Yes -- although he says otherwise -- Dung knew Kait was breaking up with him. When she came over to our house that evening, she told us she had given him until the end of the month to find another place to live. She also told that to the apartment manager.

Not too old but very sorry

Question: I have an assignment and im reading your book( Who killed My Daughter). Im very sorry, I just want to cry in every chapter. I fell like no one should have to go through that and I know I would never want that to happen to me. I maybe youth but it really reaches out to me and I know that your daughters killing opened my eyes to whats out there. It taught me to chose wisley and live life to the fullest because you never know whats around the next bend.

Asked on Monday, October 06, 2008 at 06:20:23 PM
Reply: If Kait's story has brought you to that realization, then her life served a purpose. Thank you for sharing that with me.

mY Idea (IV): (Saturday) October 4---2008,

Question:
Here in Calif., when you go into a
new car dealership, in one area or the other,
there is a color copy of every salesmen, saleswoman's
"license" (identical to a California driver's license) but
for car selling purposes. Just noticed this
fact after living here almost 25 years.

THIS posting of faces and transparency is
EXACTLY what we need with every police department !!!!

SECOND ITEM:
A tool to fight back with:
an article in Financial Times (October 3, 2008) Friday.
Headline: "NINTENDO takes on Sony with upgraded handheld game console"
by Robin Harding in Tokyo.
[ currently only avail. in Japan, coming soon to U.S. and Europe]

Here's the part that caught my eye:
Applications Nintendo showed included sticking a
moustache on your photo, distorting the pitch of music, and
software THAT tells you whether TWO people in a photo are related."

All tools to use to counteract police perfidy (don't exactly know this word, but. "sounds" right [it's my Ala. high school education]...) All tools to use to counteract police lying, falsifying, fabricating nonsense.

all the best
in memory of arquette, kait.
california santa clarita Oct. 4 2008 (Sat.)

Asked on Saturday, October 04, 2008 at 04:34:57 PM
Reply: Thank you for your thoughts.

[Kathy Long]

Question: Justice denied diminishes us all. This case needs to be reopened.

Asked on Friday, October 03, 2008 at 10:02:51 AM
Reply: And so do hundreds -- maybe even thousands -- of others, Kathy. We are far from the only family in this situation. (I hope everyone who reads this will visit our Real Crimes web site at www.realcrimes.com).

There are many wonderful police officers, and we should be grateful for their courage and dedication. But even the good cops have to do what they're told to do, or there's strong retaliation.

Why would cops cover up a homicide?

Here are some of the situations our Real Crimes families are facing:

1. The main suspect is a cop. (The Blue Brotherhood takes care of its own.)

2. The main suspect is a relative or friend of a cop. Or is a snitch who is protected by the cop they work for. Snitches can do almost anything and never be arrested. That's part of the deal.

3. The main suspect is a relative or friend of a VIP.

4. Cops were involved in protecting illegal activities that the victim was going to expose. This applies particularly to drug situations and to snitches who decide to go straight.

5. The case would take a lot of time and man-power to investigate properly, and it's easier to close it as a suicide or accidental death. This applies particularly to cases where the victim is "lower class" -- a drug user, a prostitute, uneducated or from a poor background.

At the time of our own daughter's murder in 1989, our family had total faith in law enforcement. It wasn't until we finally saw a copy of Kait's case file that we realized that information in reports had been altered, recorded interviews had been retranscribed to change their meaning, and anything pointed to anything other than "random drive-by shooting" had been purged from the file. That's when we finally woke up.

?

Question: I was jsut wondering if APD ever looked at the family as suspect? Im not sayinh that u had anything to do with it at all but usually in investigations the look at the family and the ppl closest to the victim 1st and if the police didnt then they didnt do any sort of investigation at all.

Asked on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 06:48:03 PM
Reply: I doubt that they considered us suspects since they never interviewed us.

[From: Nicole]

Question: I wrote to you yesterday asking if anything had come of the information about luis savedra. Here is the original post from page 11 of the message board. I know that you probably won't want to reveal any information that you received from this tipster, however, I just found this to be a pretty detailed and interesting message. I was discussing the case with my boyfriend today and he posed an interesting theory. He said that if Kait was shot while driving and slumped over, her foot would have lifted off the gas pedal/clutch and that would have caused a loss of momentum. There is no way that a small car could have jumped the curb if it lost momentum. Just wanted to share that piece of wisdom with you. You are an amazing person, keep doing what you are doing!!
Nicole

\"infurmatshun
Question: my frund live in alb in 1989 he remembur the nite of the shoting he live bi NE ROMA 1 of his frunds bragd bout it his frund was a drug deler and he sad he get pad 2500 to shot the girl my frund and his frund taled her frum her apt he sad she live bi SE LUSIANNA and SE SAN MATEO his frund sad she was a snich 1 of his frunds oned a party hows in tearra monte my frund wen there and see the girl they folo her he thinks the numer was 42 or 39 it was a big hows wit a pol shape like been importent peeple party there luis savedra etc. and luts of polise men my frund want me to tull u he dusnt wan ppl to no he taked he stil live in alb and peeple wuld hur him"

Asked on Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 05:29:45 PM
Reply: There's no way we can follow up on this unless the friend contacts us by private e-mail and supplies additional information.

jerry padilla sr.

Question: a while back you asked for info on jerry padilla sr. he is still in nm and working in construction

article about his connections w/manny aragon and the construction company they own toheter

artilce from the bernalillo county planning dept. he is mentioned under the heading south valley....number 13
the agenda is from 2004 but it does include his agents name so you could maybe contact him
hope this helps!

Asked on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 03:41:07 PM
Reply: Thank you for steering us to that interesting article, written last year by Mike Gallagher, investigative reporter for the Albq. Journal. It states that State Sen. Manny Aragon's business partner, Jerry Padilla Sr., told state regulators that he was a telephone consultant on construction projects at the same time he was serving a federal prison sentence on drug charges.

"Aragon and Padilla are partners in Manny & Jerry Construction Inc., which has specialized in underground utility installation. They have been in business since 1995, shortly after Padilla was released from a halfway house.
Padilla was in prison from 1989 to 1994."

However, the last thing in the world I'm tempted to do is contact the head of Los Padillas, the most dangerous street gang in the Southwest. I doubt that we'd have much in common.

i am so sorry

Question: i was so sad while reading your book. i allways read murder mystery books but actually knowing that this happened is just heart breaking. you are so strong and my heart goes out to you and your family. i am 14 years old and i was wondering in your mind who so you think is the person responsible?

Asked on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 09:50:35 AM
Reply: I don't know how to answer that question, since I consider the person who ordered the hit and the people who covered up afterward as responsible as the person(s) who fired the shots.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next