Displaying 3881 - 3900 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 195 of 270)

jenn26

Question: i was saddened when last year i picked this book up to read to find out that it was a true story. i read all your books in highschool and it broke my heart to know you had and have to endure this pain everyday. i dont know what its like to lose a child but having two of my own and reading your pain and your families pain made me feel it. i pray for your daughters killers to be brought to justice and for your inner peace. i hope someone in their right mind and heart would just give you the answers and stop holding back and that those so called professionals we call police and detectives will do their part that they vowed to do when they took that badge and that honor to protect and serve.

Asked on Friday, November 28, 2008 at 01:24:46 PM
Reply: We, too, wish the police would "do what they vowed to do when they took that badge." But I'm afraid that's a pipe dream. Even good cops who enter the force with stars in their eyes and a dedication to doing what's honorable, soon learn that they are bound by "The Blue Law of Silence." If they want to keep their jobs, have back up come when they're in a dangerous situation, and protect their family members from harassment or worse, they have to play by the "Blue Rules." Which say that there's nothing more important in life than covering up for your fellow officers.

There are a handful of cops with the courage of their convictions. Several of those distinguished themselves by exposing the "evidence room scandal" at APD. One, Sgt. Cynthia Orr, after trying in every way she could to deal with the corruption within the department , finally felt she had no option other than to speak out. When Police Chief Gill Gallegos invited reporters to visit the APD evidence room to see how well it was run, Sgt. Orr asked her supervisor, Capt. Larry Sonntag, if she had permission to speak freely. He assured her that the department wanted them to be open and honest, so Sergeant Orr invited a reporter into her office and agreed to be tape-recorded.

"This is probably going to end my career," she said.
Sgt. Orr told the reporter that Chief Gallegos had lied to the public and had failed to act despite repeated warnings of evidence theft. Orr said that she, personally, had identified two individuals who were stealing in the evidence room, but the chief had allowed them to continue to work there. She went on to describe how officers under criminal investigation were allowed to work in the evidence room where they were free to tamper with the evidence in their own cases. Orr said she was told not to send reports about missing evidence to the records division because the Top Brass didn’t want it to become public record that items were missing.

"Am I implicating the chief in assisting in this cover-up? Absolutely,” Orr said. “Do I know this is a dangerous accusation to make? Absolutely. But I know this is something that needs to be done."

What's happened to her since I can only imagine. But I know that she is my idol.

Happy Thanksgiving

Question: This Thanksgiving, I went through a list of things for which I was (and still am) thankful. In addition to family and friends (real life and online), I gave thanks for you, Lois.

Thank you for your wonderful gift of writing, which not only carried me through my (lonely) teens and young adult years, but also into my teaching years, since your books are great material for book studies. Students who didn't have an interest in reading, were drawn into your stories.

Thank you, also, for this website. Without it, we soldiers in "Kait's Army" would never know what is going on with her case.

I pray each night that the solution to this horrible puzzle will land in your lap. I know it will not be as simple as Kait coming to you or her brothers & sisters in a dream, saying, "All right - this is what happened the night I died and why..." I don't think it will be Dung or Sharon explaining themselves, either. I see too much cowardice in their character.

But someone knows. I pray for the email to land in your inbox, or the letter to come to you with the information.

Blessings to you and your family at this holiday season.

Kim

Asked on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 11:26:41 PM
Reply: Thank you for your beautiful message, Kim. I agree that Dung will never have the courage to contact us, but Sharon might. I believe she has the core of strength within her and, while I'm sure she has information, I'm equally sure that she was not involved in the murder.

Happy Thanksgiving

Question: I would like to wish the Arquette family and "Kait's Army" a happy and safe Thanksgiving. I hope the new information you can't disclose will bring an end to the search and be something we can all be thankful for.

~Rod

Asked on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 11:32:40 PM
Reply: Amen to that!

Justt thought this was interesting

Question: ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Albuquerque Police Department has turned to the want ads for snitches.

An ad this week in the alternative newspaper The Alibi asks "people who hang out with crooks" to do part-time work for the police.

It reads in part: "Make some extra cash! Drug use and criminal record OK."

Capt. Joe Hudson says police received more than 30 responses in two days. He says one tip was a "big one" but wouldn't elaborate.

An informant whose tip helps officers arrest a drug dealer could earn $50. A tip about a murder suspect could bring up to $700.

It's not the first time department has run ads. In a program 10 years ago, police received so many calls they turned the phones off.
Hmm, I wonder what is going to happen if one of their newest "recruits" dimes out one of their own?????

___

Asked on Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 04:42:44 PM
Reply: Are they still doing that? Quite a few years ago an APD officer named Roch Hart initiated that policy. We've been told he later got in trouble and was forced to leave the department, but don't know that for certain.

Rewars

Question: I have come to your website over the years just to see if there is any new information that helped you find Kait's killers & sadly again, there are the same questions & no answers for you. For that I am very sorry. You deserve to find the killers in this lifetime. I was wondering if you have tried to offer a reward to anyone who provides you the infomation that leads to a conviction? I know I would donate to a fund in hopes it would be large enough to entice that person with the knowledge to finally help you in your quest for the truth. Someone should want to clear their soul also. I would hate to go to my grave without telling what happened.

June in Denver

Asked on Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 12:52:27 PM
Reply: Yes, we have offered a $25,000 reward to anyone who can provide us with new information that leads to the arrest and conviction of Kait's killers. And we will keep that person's identity confidential.

Thank you for offering to donate to Kait's reward fund, but we don't need donations. We are using her college fund for that purpose.

sharon

Question: Do you think Sharon went with Kait to the Desert Castle like somebody a few posts down asked? I think Sharon knows a lot, Kait probably told her about her suspicions. I wish she would talk.

Asked on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 04:37:52 PM
Reply: I have no idea who went with Kait to the Desert Castle. According to the psychics, it was a young man. But, remember -- the whole business about the Desert Castle is input from psychics. It hasn't been proven. However, it's extremely interesting that four different psychics -- who didn't know each other and lived in different areas of the country -- all referred to it.

hey

Question: hello is me lilibeth iam thinking that you dauther's boyfriend knows something about who kill your dauther because he said that it was his fault iam aslo thinking he has to do with something of the drug dealing i also think that there was some drug dealing when they when to there trip to florida i think you should ask your dauther's boyfriend to tell you what he knows thank you and please mail me i gave you my email but if you dint get it is landeroslilibeth@yahoo.com

Asked on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 06:32:51 AM
Reply: Kait's boyfriend will not cooperate, and there's no way to force him.

louis

Question: mabye sharon killed her

Asked on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 03:59:05 PM
Reply: I am certain that Sharon did not kill her.

Sharon Smith

Question: Hi
I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that knows where Sharon is today???

Asked on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 01:40:54 PM
Reply: We know where she is.

hey my name is lilibeth landeros

Question: well iam not writing to give you information but iam writting because i read your book is a great book and iam glad that you are investigating this case your self because the police can be a lilttle sorry my words stupid they might have information but like you say in your book they might be scared well right now iam trying information about the gangs our drug dealers in new mexico if i get information i would send you a message so if you could send me one to my email landeroslilibeth@yahoo.com and rip kait and let one day this crime be solve :) i love your book and just remember your dauther would always be with you

Asked on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 06:49:20 AM
Reply: Thank you for wanting to help, but please don't try to do any investigating of drug enterprises. That's dangerous.

Sharon Smith

Question: Hello Lois

I was reading about the night of the shooting, I was wondering if maybe Sharon was the one who went with kait to the desert castle, Have you had any contact with her lately, who knows she might be ready to tell what really happened during the missing hour or so and why she changed her story. I have a feeling she knows more than she is letting on and has the answer to your questions.

Asked on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 06:00:34 AM
Reply: We do know where Sharon is, but she is not being cooperative.

question about sharon

Question: When I first read Who killed my daughter? I was in 8th grade but now as a Senior in high school I have gone back and reread it to find that it still moves me. When I read the book Susan Smith was said to be a friend of Kait but when I was looking at the site in "Motives-Kait's knowledge of drug smuggling" it states that she could have had something to do with the smuggling because she began working at Pier One. Do you think that she had something to do in Kait's death? and that perhaps she befriended her having that one reason in mind or are Sharon Smith(on the site) and Susan Smith(from the book) different people?

Asked on Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 01:15:03 PM
Reply: Sharon Smith (on this Web site) and "Susan Smith," (in my book) are the same person. In the front of my book I say, "Several names have been changed to protect sources of information whose identities are not part of the public record." At that point I believed that Sharon's only role was as an innocent bystander, and I saw no reason to complicate her life by identifying her.

However, since then, Sharon has told a number of lies to a number of people, which has caused me to wonder what she's covering up. So, on this Web site, I decided to use her real name in case there is somebody out there with information about her true role in this mystery.

I have no reason to believe she was involved in the murder. But I DO have reason to believe that she knows a lot more than she has admitted to and has the ability to help us solve this case if she can find the courage to do so.

Just another crazy kid

Question:
"What DVD are you talking about?
Question: From everything APD cops rell me Kait's mother is a nutcase. I'd sure be interested in seeing her up close and personal. By now she's probably a million years old. Does she appear on this DVD or do people just talk about the books she's wrote?"
Ok, idiot, there is no room for your negativity here. This board has been up for at least 10 years and very rarely do dummies post here. Take your pranks elsewhere.. BTW, if you are tight with APD, dont count on them to really have your back.....

Asked on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 06:51:26 PM
Reply: Don't worry about it. He'll probably order the DVD just out of curiosity. Then he can decide for himself if I'm a "nutcase."

What DVD are you talking about?

Asked on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 03:19:28 PM
Reply: I'm not quite a million years old, but there are days when I feel like it.

The DVD is called "A Visit with Lois Duncan," so of course I'm in it "up close and personal," as it's filmed in my home. My daughter, Kerry, who used to be cohost for the TV show, "PM Magazine New Mexico," conducts the interview, and my other daughter, Robin, did the camera work. On it I discuss the ups and downs of my career, take viewers step by step through my writing process, and describe what happens behind the scenes when a writer's novels go to Hollywood. It even includes home movies of me at age six, cavorting in the living room, and excerpts from some of the movies based on my books.

And, of course, I also discuss Kait's case. Why don't you order it and give it to your English teacher for Christmas?

how do I get your DVD?

Question: I'm a middle school English teacher and would like to order your DVD, "A Visit with Lois Duncan," to use in my class. My students love your books and I know they would enjoy a virtual visit with their favorite author. A librarian friend bought the DVD last week at a convention in Chicago, but it isn't on Amazon and I don't know how to get a copy.

I am terribly sorry about your daughter.

Asked on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 11:28:32 AM
Reply: The DVD can be ordered on line at www.loisduncan.arquettes.com/
DuncanDVD.htm. Thank you for wanting it. And thank you for your condolences.

I finished your book

Question: I was very disapointed to hear how the police tried to close the case as a RANDOM shooting. To me they sound like a bunch of COWARDS. I was however pleased to hear the truth of what might have happened from the physics. I believe she did know to much, and was ready to come foward. After u left a note on her grave, did her old boyfriend come foward? Have the police found out the truth yet? Have they caught the right person?

Ps. I was looking online and seen something about a second book is this true?

Asked on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 at 08:26:56 AM
Reply: Yes, Rod did contact us and he really was Kait's secret boyfriend. They went to a movie together two nights before the murder.

No, the police have not "caught the right person." They've dropped off the case.

I am writing a second book, but it isn't yet published because new things keep happening and I keep adding new chapters.

just your thoughts

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I know this is a little off of the subject, but then again, not really. I was wondering what your thoughts on the death penalty are? If you dont feel comfortable disscussing this issue on here, I totally understand. I tried to find a private email address for you, but I could not. I probably missed it somewhere. I know that here in NM we do have the death penalty, and I think that in your daughter's case, that would be suitable punishment. My prayers are with you and your family!!

Asked on Sunday, November 02, 2008 at 09:07:08 PM
Reply: I am not in favor of the death penalty because it's irreversible. There are too many instances in which people are convicted of murder and evidence surfaces later that proves their innocence.

Just read your book

Question: I just read your book about the death of your daughter-- yes, I'm a little behind here, but I felt compelled to search the Internet and HOPED to find an article reporting the capture of her killers. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child regardless of the circumstances; but I would think that for you to know that Kait's killers were brought to justice would ease your mind somewhat. Though I feel from your writing that you are happy knowing that she is at rest; and I couldn't agree more with her message that the people who took her life will one day face the ultimate Judge.

It is such a shame that the APD would not accept any suggestions from the psychic readings you had done; however, I don't think the APD administration in place at the time of your book would have accepted any HARD EVIDENCE other than what they WANTED to see. Has there been any recent findings?

Have you had any other visits from Kait?

Praying for you and keeping you and your family in my thoughts....

Carol Gorman

Asked on Sunday, November 02, 2008 at 06:47:28 AM
Reply: We never offered APD any information from psychics. We knew they'd use that to discredit any hard evidence we or our investigators presented.

No, I have not had any recent "visits" from Kait. I have a feeling she's moved on now. However, we have not.

response to the rude poster

Question: Do you know what really sucks? That is a person who doesn't know how to spell, use proper punctuation, or proper grammar. You wasted valuable space on this message board with your idiotic post.

Do you know what is really sad? That is an innocent person being murdered, the police covering it up, and an imbecile like you having no compassion about it.

Lois was in a position to use her god given talent to educate others about Kait's tragedy and to hopefully get help in solving her murder. I am sure that if Lois had a choice to write a book or have her daughter alive and well, she would choose her daughter.

Asked on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 08:13:30 PM
Reply: As I said below, this was just some kid who wants attention, trying to get a reaction. It's not worth worrying over. But, thank you anyway.

To the rude poster:

Question: Do not get on this message board if you're going to be disrespectful to the Arquette family (Lois Duncan). How dare you to presume that you have the moral right to call her names. Shame on you!

FYI, this board has helped Ms. Duncan gather much information that has led her closer to finding out who killed her daughter.

Don't ever get on here again.

Asked on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 01:30:55 PM
Reply: Thanks for the defense, but it's probably just some kid showing off.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next