Displaying 3861 - 3880 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 194 of 270)

Roch Hart

Question: What you heard was wrong. As you know "snitches" can be very valuable. They are termed snitches by those who are usually on the wrong side of the law. Snitches are often well meaning citizens who hope that only justice be served. I believe that "snitches" is exactly what is needed here for you, but, as you know all information must be backed up prior to being used. I am Roch Hart and wish you peace. I never had the opportunity to work on your daughter's case and wish I had. When ever I worked with a "snitch" my primary role was to make sure that this person was protected. Never did I use information that could get that person hurt. And never did I use a person just to use a person. I cared for them and hoped that they got help, which in many circumstances personally got them help. Many people wanted to work for me, but it was not always in their best interests. I personally know nothing of your case, but if I had I would have put every part of me into it. That is why I retired. My family life was difficult answering calls at 3AM, surveillances three nights out of the week and things only getting more violent. I would welcome this APD snitch you refer to come clean and tell you the truth. God Bless. Roch

Asked on Thursday, January 01, 2009 at 03:22:56 PM

after reading Who Killed my Daughter

Question: I heard you speak at the recent Secondary Reading Conference in Chicago. Since I'm busy as a teacher, I couldn't wait to have the time over Christmas break to read Who Killed my Daughter.
I am a mother too, and can sympathize with your problem.
You have inspired me, both as a teacher and a mother. I will pray often for you and your family, so that you get the answers and peace you deserve.
Take care and have a healthy and happy New Year.

A fellow teacher and mother.

Asked on Thursday, January 01, 2009 at 10:45:42 AM
Reply: Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read Who Killed My Daughter?. I'm glad that conference in Chicago isn't occurring NOW! I imagine you're all freezing to death.

Roch Hart

Question: You stated that Roch Hart was forced to leave the dept. This is untrue as I know for a fact he retired after serving 20 years. Who did you hear this from or did you just make it up? Makes me wonder about your credibility.

Asked on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 06:06:57 PM
Reply: You are misquoting me. What I said was, "Quite a few years ago an APD officer named Roch Hart initiated that policy (advertising in the paper for snitches). We've been told he later got in trouble and was forced to leave the department, but don't know that for certain."

Two unrelated individuals told us that on two separate occasions. One was a member of APD. I'll repeat, "We don't know that for certain." Both could have been lying.

New Year

Question: May the new year bring you and your family the closure and peace that you deserve.

P.s. I have seen the trailer for your movie Hotel for Dogs. I can't wait to see it with my girls.

Asked on Saturday, December 27, 2008 at 08:51:43 PM
Reply: Thank you. It's nice occasionally to talk about happy things on this message board. Kait's death in some way has damaged every member of our family, but life goes on, and we have too.

The loss of our youngest child is so much a part of me that it leaps up to strike at odd time (and not just in dreams). Our son, Donnie, and his girlfriend were with us for the holidays while his girlfriend's little daughters were visiting their grandparents. The phone rang on Christmas, and I picked up and said, "Hello." I heard a voice identical to Kait's say "Mommy?" I almost went into shock before I realized that the call was for Donnie's girlfriend, not me.

But our lives since Kait's death have not been void of joy. We've celebrated the marriages of three of our surviving children; we've acquired four more wonderful grandchildren and a lovely step-grandchild; we've left Albuquerque and established a new life in a less dangerous place -- and, out of the blue, has come the upcoming movie, HOTEL FOR DOGS.

Because this reply is going to be about something upbeat for a change, I'm going to tell you (and anyone who's interested) how this happened. In 1971, I wrote a book for younger children called HOTEL FOR DOGS. It came and went without much fanfare, as books do, and I forgot about it. Then, a couple of year ago, my film agent was in Hollywood, pedeling film rights to my suspense novels, and a producer at Dreamworks asked, "Is that the same Lois Duncan who wrote HOTEL FOR DOGS, my favorite book when I was a little boy?" My agent had to call me to find out, because the book was out of print. But, yes, it was that same book, and it will be a major motion picture, released to theaters Jan. 16, 2009. Scholastic now has republished it, (please, tell your kids to read the book bfore they see the movie, because Hollywood has made a lot of changes, and it's always better for kids to read the book first), and I've since written two sequels, NEWS FOR DOGS (to be published April 2009) and MOVIE FOR DOGS (2010).

Life is strange. Just at the point when I felt I would never write again, I wrote two new books.

hi

Question: this is my last part of the post so read the one before this second, the one before that first and this one last, and I just want to say I'm sorry for saying all of this

I also want to say, that I thought I was going through a hard time, but hey, I'm only in 8th grade, and I'm just writing to an author on the internet, but this is amazing to my little 8th grade mind. wow... you're still trying, your doing everything Aaah! this story, I wouldn't even been here, if my dad didn't drop me off early that one day at school, that I chose to go in the library, to sit down at that spot, to turn around and start changing my 8th grade life..I doesn't even make sense

I would like to say I'm proud of you, but I don't really know what you have been through, and it doesn't seem right for me to say that to you, it kind of seems rude, but I just admire you so much.

Good Luck and God Bless, and have the Merriest Christmas you could possibly have
[Sydney]

I just want to add one more thing, I can't lie to you, so my real name is Jessica and I have sent many posts, I just don't like my name, and the girl below my first post name was Jessica so

From:
[Jessica]

Asked on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 07:39:06 PM
Reply: I think Jessica is a lovely name. And "Jesse" is a cute nickname if you don't like the long version.

hi

Question: sorry I can't exceed more that 1700 characters at a time, so I had to put this big post in smaller pieces

and sorry for getting all basurk* on you, I mean your her mother and you probably thought of all possible ideas, outcomes on a number of nights... so I admire you, and I really don't know what else you can do, but for some reason[I live in California]~LA, just a normal, really short of her age, blonde-haired girl, was bored, lonely at the library one day and I needed to past time and I turned around fascinated by the many titles of murder mysteries and I picked yours out. You are probably my hero right now, and probably of many.

I also love how I'm sitting on my twin-sized bed righting this post next to my sister's full bed, the door shut, and my parents think I'm just searching random stuff, talking to friends, but I'm writing to a mother who had lost one of her children, and this story is really ALL that I'm thinking about constantly, and they don't even know, but I can't believe I'm writing to you, YOU oh my gosh. Before I read this book, my mother cried every time we saw a movie with a death of a child, and every time she would tell me, she doesn't know why god takes children, but he has a reason for it.

Asked on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 07:37:43 PM
Reply: Please don't become obsessed by Kait's case. I'm glad you read the book, and if you learned things from it that will help you avoid making the mistakes that Kait made, then that's good. But I think you need to let it go now and concentrate on your own life.

hi

Question: Doesn't the police know that if Dung really didn't have ANYTHING to do with the murder, knew nothing, that if when you confronted him, about if he knew anything, he never talked, contacted, you again?

Wouldn't any normal "boyfriend/girlfriend" of the victim[especially for that long of time], say its ok that you suspected to have anything to do with the murder, because any police[mother, father] doesn't really know about the relationship, and also heard repeatively about these "big fights"?

A normal boy/girl friend would say "its ok, you have to suspect every possible human being that knew her!" I mean... Dung should have liked that you were interrogating him, in a way, because he loved her, and wanted the police to suspect anybody. And if he really didn't know a thing, he would have talked and kept in touch with his murdered love!~~not left without a trace

I know you probably know this especially when you had that conversation with him, when you said to him "Do you love her enough to tell" and he said he's still deciding.

And the police don't have enough evidence to even interrogate him, but I think you should try your best to send him a Christmas card, or something and try to get back in his life, because maybe, just maybe he can be a key for all this~ because obviously he will probably never have the guts to contact you again.

This is so confusing [and I'm only in 8th grade] so I will ask my dad to read the book, and he's pretty smart since he's a lawyer, so I'll ask him his ideas on everything, and I will get back to you on that.

Asked on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 07:35:02 PM
Reply: Several years ago, when we tried to contact him, his girlfriend called the police to accuse us of harassment. At that point we knew where he was living. Today we don't.

QUESTION

Question: This is Jessica again. I would really like to become part of Kait's Army....How do I do that? Im not very good on the internet or computers, so if your web site already tells me Im sorry that I missed it!! Thank you & God bless.....Merry Christmas!!

Asked on Monday, December 22, 2008 at 01:01:24 PM
Reply: "Kait's Army" isn't an official organization. It's a name that's been coined by people all over the country who want Kait's case to be properly investigated. Some of the "members" are crime scene investigators, private detectives, forensic experts, etc., who have donated heir services pro bono. Others are members of the media who refuse to let Kait's case be forgotten. Still others are people like yourself who contribute prayers and emotional support.

If you choose to be a member of "Kait's Army," then you ARE one.

Hello

Question: What is it like knowing that your daughter was shot to death and still can't find the kiler still this day? and i am in the middle of reading the book and when this other person told me that it was a true story i went up on to the computer to look her up and right there in front of me was the imformation about your daughter..... i seen that you had a comment bar so i felt like ........ i dont know how to explain this feeling but it makes me take everything i have for granted!!! So i hope every thing is ok and wish you the best and Merry Christmas
Love,
Brandi Snow

Asked on Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 07:13:45 PM
Reply: What is it like? I -- a writer by profession -- cannot find the words to describe it. So I'm not going to try.

Wow...

Question: Mrs. Arquette/Duncan:

My name is Katie & I'm nearly 18 years old. In middle school, my friend recommended your books & I started reading DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU & have read it a few times since then. I've also read SUMMER OF FEAR. This year, I have began reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? in Language Arts & I'm only on the 6th-7th chapter because we can't take the books out of school, but for Christmas, I'm definitely hoping to buy it & your other books I've read. First I'd like to say that you're an inspirational writer. I'm not a fan of reading much, but your books have me hooked! I'm really sorry about your daughter Kait. I'm still in shock that even after almost 20 years, the identity of the killers is unknown. I've recently just read about Betty Muench talking about the "R & J" & you having the dream about the white vehicle saying "R & J Car Rental" & as suspense will have it, I'm eager to find out where this is going. There's a case going on around here (Georgia) about a college student who went missing from a club over a year ago & they've talked to a few psychics & both have had different stories. I wonder if they talked to Betty, if they'd have the same luck in getting information as you have. I pray that one day & one day soon, you'll all find out what happened to Kait exactly & who was responsible. I'm not sure if they had lie-detectors back in those days, but have the police done a lie-detector test on Dung or Sharon or anybody since then? Anyways...I'll join "Kait's Army" to stay updated & I hope you & your family have a nice holiday & remember Kait is always looking down on all of you.

Asked on Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 03:07:58 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring, Katie. We happened to be extremely fortunate in the psychics we consulted in Kait's case. Although they were in different areas of the country and had no contact with each other, they all gave us basically the same information, which lends credence to it. However, I'll be the first to say there are many fraudulent psychics, as well as people with a small amount of psychic ability, who play it up to be more than it is. And even the best psychics are seldom totally on target. They get impressions rather than solid facts, and those impressions, while possibly accurate, may be misinterpreted by investigators or even by the psychics themselves.

No, the police did not give Dung or Sharon a lie detector test. And they didn't give lie detector tests to Juve Escobedo, Miguel Garcia and Marty Martinez, the men they arrested. They administered only one polygraph test, and they did it on a man that an informant suggested might have been in the back seat of the car along with Marty Martinez. That man passed the test.

We have often wondered why -- if the police were going to administer polygraph tests -- they didn't perform it on known suspects and witnesses rather than on a man who had no connection with the case.

I pray for kait

Question: Hi im jessica and im 24. I just read your book about your daughter. I am now 1 year clean & sober and after reading what happened to kait i thank God what happened to her never happened to me. I see now how easlily the ssame thing could have happened to me, & how lucky i am to still be here. I know for a fact that kait is in a better place now with nothing but good and loving people around her. I lost my grand mother in 1996, & kait seems right up her alley, so i rest assure that they are up there together. I will keep praying for you and your family and kait as well. Thank you for your book. -Jessica

Asked on Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 11:47:37 AM
Reply: Thank you for posting that, Jessica. And congratulations on getting your life in order before something terrible happened.

your books

Question: I just want you to know that i am a very big fan of all your books, i've just read the one about your daughter, and to tell you the truth my heart was broken. i hope you seek justice for your daughter no matter how long it takes she was your baby, she is worth it. I do think that you should make a movie about the story, it was a GREAT book. I just wish you good luck in everything you do, my prayers are with you and your family. Good luck and may god bless you.

Asked on Friday, December 12, 2008 at 07:29:46 PM
Reply: Thank you. You're right -- she was my "baby" -- the youngest of my five children. So, when I dream about her, she's always sitting on my lap.

anything

Question: I THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE BASED ON YOUR BOOK
WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER LOIS.

BEVINN@MAIL.COM

Asked on Monday, December 08, 2008 at 05:08:03 AM
Reply: I've received several offers from movie producers to option WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. I've turned them all down.

After writing a teenage suspense novel, I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, and discovering with horror that Hollywood had inserted into the story an insane fisherman with an ice hook (who was not in my book) and turned my story into a slasher film, I've become paranoid about what can happen when an author's books are turned to movies.

With fiction books, it's a trade-off. HOTEL FOR DOGS, (based upon one of my early books), will be in theaters this coming January. They've made changes, but those are okay. It will be a cute movie, and the original book has been republished by Scholastic, with two sequels to follow.

It appears that STRANGER WITH MY FACE and LOCKED IN TIME may soon become made-for-TV movies. I'm sure a lot of changes will be made in those stories. I may not even recognize those beloved books of mine in their new carnation, but I've accepted that.

That's how it works when you're a writer. You go with the flow.

But I WILL NOT EVER -- for any amount of money -- allow anyone to produce a movie about Kait's case that is not accurate in every way. That's why it hasn't become a movie.

ANYTHING

Question: DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE PAUL APODACA IS?

BEVINN@MAIL.COM

Asked on Monday, December 08, 2008 at 05:01:38 AM
Reply: Anyone who is interested can go on line and find out Paul Apodaca's address, because he is a sex offender, having raped his 14-yr-old half-sister in order to be placed in prison to protect his brother, Mark Apodaca, who is serving a life term for murder.

Paul was sentenced to 20 years. He is now out and living in Albuquerque. If you have a daughter I hope you are not living next door to him.

ANYTHING

Question: WHEN JFK WAS KILLED LATER ON MANY PEOPLE WHO WERE THOUGHT TO BE BEHIND THE KILLING WERE MYSTERIOUSLY KILLED JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO WERE BEING INVISGATED FOR KILLING YOUR DAUGHTERI BELIEVE ON JUDGEMENT DAY THEY WOULD MEET THEIR FATE

BEVINN@MAIL.COM

Asked on Monday, December 08, 2008 at 04:58:02 AM
Reply: I believe they will meet their fate much sooner than that.

THANK YOU!

Question: Hi Lois.
Well my name is Ayerim, I am from Arizona, and I am an 18 year old college student. To tell you the truth before I read your book(Who killed my daughter) I took life for granted. I used to party, drink(even though is against the law), smoke, I never cared about what my parents had to say about my actions, I used to do many stuff that now seem worthless. After I read your book I had a different perspective of life. Now I understand how important it is to my mom my safety. I see things so different, life starts to shine now. I am very glad I read your book. And I am really sorry for what happened to Kate. I really want to ask you if you ever happen to be in Arizona please let me know I will love to met you in person. THank you. You are a great writer, mother, and most important you are a great person:D

Asked on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 at 11:00:25 PM
Reply: Thank you for telling me that. If WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was a "wake up call" for you, then it served to give Kait's short life meaning.

Thank You!

Question: Mrs. Duncan,
I am 18 years old and i just finished your book. When I was assigned to read a non-fiction book for my class I was dragging my feet and really not looking forward to it until i found your book. It opened up a whole world to me that I didn't know. I mean that it's hard to get my mind around the fact that Kait died the same age as me. I just feel so invincible like nothing will happen to me. Then I read this. It gave me a whole new perspective. Not only on the way i live my life but on trusting people. I always picture cops as truthful and just like in all those cop shows where they jump through hoops to do anything to help the victim and they're family. I know you must get this a lot but i'm just sickened at the fact that nobody wants to help. Do you feel weak at times? Ever felt helpless? I know I do and I'm not even connected to the case. I'm writing a paper on the book so anything you would like to tell me about how you feel or anything would be very much appreciated. I just want the kids in my class to know that things like this do happen in real life and you make choises that have consequences. They do all these things and don't think about it later. I just hope they know to go for help when they're in too deep. I just wish it weren't too late for Kait. She had so much to live for. My prayers are with you. You are my hero for going through all this and pushing through for Kait. If you're ever in Florida, like doing a book tour or anything, let me know so I can see you. =D

Asked on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 at 04:31:29 PM
Reply: That's a beautifully written post. I don't know that there's anything I can add that will make your paper any better.

bullet holes

Question: Yes, there were still pictures of bullet holes; a discussion of two of your experiences with psychics, including the "Mike Vamp" book cover and sketch; an very short interview with you; and a mention of the suspects who were arrested and released. The information seemed fairly "old," as there was nothing I didn't remember from "Who Killed My Daughter?". But at least the story was out there again, in spite of the fact there were no updates.

Asked on Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 07:00:39 PM
Reply: Yes, that's the story filmed by "Sightings." They filmed it in 1992, right after my book came out. So, of course, it was confined to the content of the book. All the new things we've learned came AFTER THAT.

How young I must look in that film! And how fragile. I'd had a minor stroke (stress induced) a couple of months before and was terrified that I'd suddenly start slurring my words or experiencie some other grotesque side effect.

You're right. Out there with no updates is better than not out there at all. People who are interested will go to the Internet to find out "what happened next" and find themselves on this Web site.

In 1992, I didn't know the Internet existed. Maybe, back then, it didn't.

The Tallykeeper

Question: Hello Ms. Duncan, let me preface this by saying how much I admire and respect you. As a parent raising a child in Albuquerque, your book has captivated me since I first read it.
I just wanted to say, that I think it is time for you to publish the Tallykeeper. I am an aquaintance of your PI, and know she is on the verge of major breakthroughs. She just needs that one more piece. I know you want resolution, but how much longer can you hold off. Time continues to move on. We all age. I am in my mid 30's born and raised in Albuquerque, and it is time to bring your plight into the public eye again. Don't let too much time pass, push the button, get it done. I have grown up here, and many of my friends are now in positions of power in city and state agencies. They have no idea of your daughters case. The information you seek is getting further away as people retire and people die. I truly believe you need to get this information out there now, again. Go public once again, and make the formal appeal for information. I really think you need to do this now. None of us are getting younger. If you want resolution, you need to try again. Use your new movie as a spring-board for publicity and get it done.
"The Silent Generation" is not your collar. I don't know why after all this time, I have felt implored to ask this of you, but the timing is right.
I have the utmost respect for your courage, perseverance, and honor. I only hope that I can be the parent to my daughter that you have proven to be to Kait. God Bless.

Asked on Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 01:33:34 AM
Reply: I understand what you're saying and why you feel that way. But -- please trust me -- I have a reason for holding back on this.

Something more is getting ready to happen. I feel it coming. And I don't want to publish this book without including it.

Unexplained Mysteries

Question: I was watching the introduction to Unexplained Mysteries on the Biography Channel (Comcast, Pittsburgh, 11/29/08 at 4 pm) and just saw Kaits picture (the one on the website home page) on the screen. The show just started (it's 4:03 now) so I haven't seen it all, but it deals with communication after death.

Just wanted you to know.

Asked on Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 01:04:55 PM
Reply: Thanks for posting that message and for informing me by private e-mail. I'm afraid I missed seeing this, but hopefully there are members of "Kait's Army" who did.

I'm guessing it was a rerun of the coverage of Kait's case that appeared originally on "Sightings." That show turned out to be extremely important to us, because the film makers managed to obtain two close-up photos of the bullet hole in Kait's car that APD had been withholding from us. They show that the bullet hole was made by a larger caliber bullet than the bullets that shattered in Kait's head. Therefore, two guns were used. Which does NOT make for a "random drive-by shooting."

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next