Displaying 3861 - 3880 of 6013 posts for this case -- (Page 194 of 301)

purse

Question: Why is the "no blood on the purse" significant? If she was being chased, at presumably high speeds, and then rammed from behind ultimately striking a pole wouldn't her purse have at some point fallen to the floor FROM THE SEAT? If that was the case then it is not strange that it was returned to you with no blood, when she fell to her right after being shot in the head twice by the uniformed police officer- once while she was upright the second shot after she had fallen over which would explain the different angles of the bullet holes and the quick succession of discharge which was heard by locals the purse would be out of the impact area and would not have any material on it. It seems the witness from the wedding party is the one who saw the murderer, even though he did have his head turned to make identification difficult if not impossible, she is still your best lead. Find her, and see if any memory could be uncovered.

Asked on Friday, August 16, 2013 at 10:35:40 PM
Reply: The floorboards on the passenger's side were blood soaked. EVERYTHING on the right side of the car was blood soaked. If that purse was on the right side of the car, there would have to have been blood on it.

We feel sure that witness told us everything she saw, and if she missed something, she would certainly have forgotten it by now. She glimpsed the scene only fleetingly as her car passed it. She shrugged it off as a traffic accident & remembers thinking, "There's no reason to stop, because the police are already there." It was dark. (She saw Kait's bloody head, because the cop had opened the driver's side door and the light was on in the car.) But she wouldn't have seen the license plate. And the cop had his head turned away, so she never saw his face. Just knows that he was male and in uniform, and a cop car was there as well.

Susan Smith?

Question: Do you really want Susan Smith to read this book?

Asked on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 02:51:52 PM
Reply: Definitely. But I don't know how to reach her.

your new book

Question: "One to the Wolves" is even more chilling than "Who Killed My Daughter!" I can't believe how much new stuff you and your PI have uncovered.

Asked on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 08:48:25 AM
Reply: ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER is the most important book I've ever written. I pray it will be read by many--not just those with an interest in Kait's case--but those who want to know how the American Justice System really works. It's not the way it's portrayed on TV.

wedding party

Question: Do you still have contact information on the woman who was in town for the wedding and witnessed the officer at the driver-side door? It seems painfully clear from what I have read the officer delivered the head shots. A witness had stated they heard two shots in quick succession on that night- kait obviously was bloodied from the wreck but had not yet been shot. When the officer PIT maneuvered her car into the pole she had already been shot at once sometime that night judging from the door frame bullet hole. But if her head was upright albeit bloodied it was the police officer who fired the shots. The first shot would have been standing above her (and you can follow that trajectory in the diagram) and would have forced her body over into the passenger-side seat. The second shot would have hit lower in the face considering her position after the first shot. I cannot explain the glass unless he shot her through the window first striking the temple and the second shot delivered when he opened the driver-side door? Could the impact from either the PIT maneuver or impact into the pole have caused the glass to shatter? It would fit better with the witness who heard two shots close together. If you could contact the wedding party witness and hypnotize her, every cop car is different, they have markings and numbers, if she could recall the car number it could be traced to the cop on duty that night.

Asked on Thursday, August 08, 2013 at 09:26:10 PM
Reply: I've lost contact with that witness, although she did sign a notarized affidavit & I imagine we could find her if we had to via her SSN. I do know bullets passed through the driver's side window. There's no way that side window would be shattered by the front bumper of the car hitting a pole at what must have been a slow rate of speed after traveling 700 feet, crossing the median and going up onto the sidewalk. We speculate that the officer opened the driver's door after Kait was shot, probably to check on her condition. Perhaps when he touched her he inadvertently caused her to fall to the right, as she was allegedly prone across the two front seats with her head against the passenger door when off-duty officer, Det. Merriman, stumbled on the scene.

One interesting thing is that her purse didn't have any blood on it. When a woman drives alone, she always places her purse in the passenger's seat. Under normal circumstances, Kait would have been lying on top of it, bleeding all over it. We can only imagine that she snatched it up, perhaps intending to jump out of the car & start running, and was holding it when she was shot.

Checking in

Question: I read your book a few months ago. However, I find myself thinking about it almost everyday. I was just wondering if you have had any new leads since writing the book. If someone already asked this question, I am sorry. I didn't have a chance to read all the previous comments. I have considered pursuing a career in law enforcement. I hope one day if I pursue that career I can help families in your position.
-Thanks for your time.

Asked on Friday, August 02, 2013 at 06:56:20 PM
Reply: If you read Kait's story a few months ago, you must have read the first book, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, as the second book, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER has only been out for a week. That book picks up where the first book left off and contains much new information.

Good luck with your career in law enforcement. So many well-intentioned people enter that line of work and then discover that they are under the control of superiors who block them from doing what they know is the right thing.

ONE TO THE WOLVES

Question: I just read your new e-book ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER on my Kindle. Now I fully understand why the Albuquerque Police Department doesn't want your case solved. I think a cop was their overseeing the shooting.

Asked on Thursday, August 01, 2013 at 06:33:57 AM
Reply: From a witness report, it does sound like there was a uniformed cop at the scene before off-duty, out-of-uniform Det. Merriman stumbled on the scene. What he was doing there and why he left without calling in a report is bewildering.

Police Officer Suspect

Question: I didn't read through all of the comments so if this has already been discussed I apologize. Perhaps the man she was not suppose to see at the drug house in the mountains that night was the police officer that is suspect. After reading Who Killed my Daughter in 3 days (a record for me - just finished it this morning) I can't get the unsloved case off my mind. Hard to wrap my mind around the fact that this is how the detective's in most if not all police departments work. I'm quite certain they manipulated the evidence trail because their P.D. was implicated in the crime. Protecting their own, even if corrupt. Just wrong on so many levels.

Asked on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 08:00:24 AM
Reply: We don't know who took Kait to the house in the mountains or what VIP she may have seen there. I don't think a cop could be classified as a VIP.

I think you will learn a lot from the second book, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, which has just been published as an e-book and can be downloaded onto Kindles, Nooks, etc. It contains all the new information we obtained since the first book was published and opens the door to possibilities we never anticipated.

Admiration

Question: I just finished reading Who Killed My Daughter and I must say Lois, that I admire your determination. The risks you took to find Kait's killer, and the extra steps you took to investigate her murder show not only what a loving mother you are but how courageous you are.
I thought for sure that I would be able to look online and see that the killer had been convicted and rotting in jail. I am truly shocked that he has not been arrested. After reading your book,I have my beliefs of who killed her. I will have to read your next book to see what else has taken place
It apalls me how the police treated you and how they handled the case. I thought police were supposed to be the people we could look to for safety, security, and honesty. Apparently not.
Keep up the good work and God bless you and your family.

Diana

Asked on Monday, July 29, 2013 at 12:21:32 PM
Reply: Diana, when we lost Kait we also lost our innocent faith in law enforcement. When you read the sequel, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, which has just been released as an e-book by Planet Ann Rule, you will understand why. That book is available to download onto Kindles, Nooks, etc.

why not...

Question: Lois have you ever considered posting all the pictures you have(kait&dung, police accident photos,officers involved,etc.)and letting the chips fall where they may? Also I just finished "One to the wolves" and am curious as to why you did not mention the kirtland connection and the officers club? Too inflammatory?

Asked on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 12:01:03 PM
Reply: I didn't get into that because it's hear-say, and the person who gave us that information is now dead. In ONE TO THE WOLVES I included only facts for which we have documentation.

To Those Who Know--

Question: I'm praying that Susan and others who have helpful information to share will finally do the right thing and share what they know. Be brave, be good, be kind. . . .Put an end to this. Let's make "24-Year-Old Unsolved Murder Case Finally Solved" today's news headline. It's time, it's time, it's time.

This has gone on so painfully long for Kait's parents and everyone else who loved and misses her.

People will be more grateful that you finally came forward than upset with you for not having done it sooner.

Kait's mom is almost 80 years old (correct?), and Kait's dad is up there too. Please do this brave good thing for them while they are here to see it happen. Give them that much peace and that much resolution in this lifetime, please.

You will finally be able to move on from this place of wondering and waiting, as well. This long stage of things will be over for you too.

I am praying for your strength and courage, and I know I'm not the only one sending you support and praying for your bravery.

Asked on Monday, July 22, 2013 at 06:59:22 AM
Reply: Yes, Kait's dad and I would like to see Kait's case solved during our lifetimes. However, our family's personal investigation and cage rattling won't stop when we're gone. We will leave behind Kait's four siblings who loved her deeply. Two of them are published writers. One works for a police department (not APD). One is married to an attorney. One works for a county court system. They are not impotent people, and we will hand the baton to them.

ONE TO THE WOLVES has been published!

Question: ANNOUNCING THE PUBLICATION OF \"ONE TO THE WOLVES,\" (the working title was \"The Tally Keeper.\" This book picks up where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? left off and tells \"the rest of the story.\" ONE TO THE WOLVES has been published as an e-book by Planet Ann Rule and is available to download onto Kindles, Nooks, and other e-readers.

Asked on Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 06:20:32 AM

Susan Smith

Question: Lois, Susan could be afraid of being prosecuted for her own crimes, I doubt she is concerned with actions from you and Don. In ONE TO THE WOLVES it seems pretty clear that she had been involved in illegal activity for quite a while. That's why I suggested she see a lawyer who could find out what her options are and negotiate a plea bargain.

Asked on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 11:41:22 AM
Reply: Of course, she should talk to a lawyer if that's the case. But so much time has passed that, unless she was the SHOOTER, (and I feel sure she wasn't) the statute of limitations on related activities has run out.

THE COP

Question: Would you ever list the name of the cop who was standing at the open driver-side door of kaits car? Or maybe just initials?? How were you able to verify his/her identity?

Asked on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 03:12:00 PM
Reply: We HAVEN'T confirmed his identity. We are hoping there will be someone who can provide that information to us. It was NOT Detective Merriman, as he was in plain clothes and driving an unmarked car. It was NOT Officer Wallace, as she was female.

We can only assume that the "mystery cop" who was there before they were was in some way involved in the shooting. So it's very important to us to know his identity.

Susan Smith

Question: Susan the sort of people who killed Kaitlyn would not have waited all these years to see if you revealed information. They would have killed you already. They would not have wanted to take the risk. You can read the book and see how careful Lois was not to endanger anyone. You talk about how your own mother is the only one who calls you by your real name. Think about your mother would feel if something had happened to you like what happened to Kaitlyn and someone who supposedly was her friend wouldn't be honest with her about it. Again, Kait's killers would not have let you stay alive all of these years if you were a threat. If you are staying silent because you were part of it and afraid to go to jail (which would not surprise me since you lied a lot) check out the statute of limitations and get a lawyer. I don't know anything about the legal issues but you were obviously intimidated. If you were really in danger I would feel sorry for you but with the knowledge I have not I don't. You've been able to go on and make a life for yourself. Kait wasn't.

Asked on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 03:01:54 PM
Reply: She knows how to reach us. And I think she also knows that we would not sue her. We are not out to make money from Kait's death. We're just out to find out the truth.

Tera Chavez?

Question: I just did more searching & saw that the accused ex-husband was acquitted after key evidence of insurance fraud from the civil trial was excluded. Another miscarriage of justice, another *alleged* dirty cop goes free...

MaryD

Asked on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 02:47:15 PM
Reply: Yes, unbelievably,Levi Chavez was found not guilty.

Tera Chavez?

Question: Lois- I finished your book "One to the Wolves" and was looking up the case online. I found this link to a message board from 2011 concerning a woman named Tera Chavez. Had you heard of this case? The author of the post expresses an opinion that it could be linked- or at least similar- to that of your daughter. http://www.topix.com/album/detail/albuquerque/OB2BUGVMGI0JGJ14

MaryD

Asked on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 02:37:29 PM
Reply: The cases are not connected. Too many years in between the shootings.

Pictures

Asked on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 11:41:27 PM

car

Question: And lets face it: only a cop could have pulled off that PIT maneuver as successfully as it was.
I am reading wolves now and i can barely breathe

Asked on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 02:27:45 PM

wolf

Question: I stated this before...the second head shot was done by the person standing at the open, passenger-side door witnessed by the wedding party, whose head was inexplicably turned the opposite direction to avoid positive id. You stated you know his identity. Kaits "blonde and bloodied" head was clearly visible upright on drivers-side, her shoe outside on the pavement. The final, devastating shot was delivered by a police officer. God help us all

Asked on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 02:03:48 PM
Reply: We don't know that cop's identity.

Apparently he left the scene before anyone else arrived. The young woman who saw him there as she passed in a car on her way to her motel, recalls only that he was male and in uniform. She felt no reason to stop because she thought "There's been an accident, and the police are already there. That man's probably waiting for an ambulance to arrive."

cont...

Question: I\'m also looking forward to purchasing \"The Tally Keeper\" once released.\r\nI am still reading \"WKMD.\" If only it were fiction.\r\n\r\nWarm wishes again,\r\nKrissie

Asked on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 03:39:11 PM
Reply: The book that had the working title, The Tally Keeper, was retitled ONE TO THE WOLVES. And it was released yesterday as an e-book. The publisher is Planet Ann Rule. You can go on line to Amazon.com or to Barnes & Noble and download it onto your Kindle or Nook. At this point it hasn't yet been published as a hardcopy.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 next