Displaying 3841 - 3860 of 5671 posts for this case -- (Page 193 of 284)

question

Question: do you think Kait knew her killer?

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 07:46:24 PM
Reply: I have no idea. If it was a hired hitman, probably not. Otherwise, yes, she probably did.

Kaitlyn's final hours

Question: Hello Mrs. Duncan.

I was wondering when was the last time you spoke to Kait before the murder? or even the final picture of her before her shooting.

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 07:41:05 PM
Reply: If you click on the link to the night of the shooting you will read about that. She stopped by our house at 6 p.m. that night, supposedly on her way to Sharon Smith's house for dinner. But Sharon told police Kait didn't get to her house until 9:30, so there are three missing hours of her final evening unaccounted for.

The photo I we used on this Web site is her Senior Picture. That's the last picture we have of her, except for one that was on a roll of film in her camera and hadn't yet been developed.

Bob Schwartz, a symbol of NM Justice System

Question: The NM Supreme Court ordered discipline that included a published public reprimand, a $6,000 fine and a course in sexual harassment for 2nd Judicial District Judge Bob Schwartz for delays in recusing himself from a case after a brief romantic relationship with an attorney appearing before him.
Chief Justice Charles Daniels also cited Schwartz's the impropriety of a gift Schwartz made to the female attorney. The book , "The One-Hour Orgasm," was written by an author with the same name, Robert M. Schwartz, and the judge had pasted a photo of himself on the back cover.
The reprimand will be published in a forthcoming Bar Bulletin.

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 04:58:50 AM
Reply: If you're interested in seeing Bob Schwartz in action, he appears in almost all the TV shows about Kait that are posted at http://www.youtube.com/user/kaitarquette, giving his views on the case.

Kait Arquette case

Question: A few questions popped in my mind. I saw the shot woulds and the car's bullet hole picture. I wonder how tall was she?

Law-in-forcement officers are usually taught to shoot 3 shots in a row.
If you combine two of those pictures and how tall was she what can you tell?? Autopsy pictures as shown and the car door, right handed shooter always shoots from low left to little higher to up right. Most likely she was shot first on left upper cheek and left temple. The third shot hit the door.

Looking the picture from the door, it seemed like it was fired from the front left side of the car.
Why did she stop? traffic lights or traffic stop?

The officers, did they have automatic handguns or revolvers? It takes longer time to fire revolver than automatic... I wonder if she step on it when somebody pulled a gun on her?

Last words, I sincerly hope that She will have justice someday and She will!

Asked on Monday, October 11, 2010 at 11:36:02 AM
Reply: Kait was about 5'6 or 5'7".

There was no traffic light or stop sign. The only reason she would have stopped at the intersection of John St., (which is where police maintain that the shooting took place), would be if she was pulled over by a police car.

But we question whether she was shot at that location at all. According to the medical examiner, the fact that, although she was shot on the left side of the face, all the blood was on the right side of her clothing and there was no blood on the steering wheel or dashboard, indicates she fell immediately to her right. Since she couldn't have fallen forward and pressed on the accelerater, how could the car have continued to drive on down the street ov er 700 feet, then abruptly swerve left, and have enough momentum to cross the median and the opposite two lanes and go up onto the curb to hit a pole?

If she was shot while the car was in motion and fell to the right while gripping the steering wheel, the car would have swerved immediately right, not continued on straight and then turned left.

Our speculation, and those of outside investigators, is that she was rearended farther down the street at the point where her car lurched to the left and jumped the median, and was shot by someone on foot after the car came to rest against the pole. That speculation is supported by the fact that there was damage to the left corner of the rear bumper of her car.

Kait

Question: Lois,
I know that it's been awhile since I've checked in, but the world of fraud is out of control and I am buried up to my eyeballs in referrals from www.fightfraudamerica.com cases. I still think of you often and hope that one day, one day soon, you will find those answers that you search for.

What, to me, set Kait's case apart (beyond the sheer horror of it) was the insertion of criminal acts by OUR OWN AMERICAN LAW ENFORCEMENT ... using the imported cultural mindset and instability of these Vietnamese kids (that's what they were ... kids) for just one more piece of filthy profit. The Americans involved were not subjected to the survival mindset that was Vietnam, no PTSD, foraging like dogs. Nope, those US bad guys were motivated by greed, power, and pure evil. Picking up a 2010 newspaper is, in that regard, the same as picking one up in 1989. The marriage of lawlessness and lack of conscience has not lessened one bit.

Since we first worked together on that 1995 article, you've been my hero, my strength and my inspiration. If there is anything I can do for you, I'm here.

Leslie Kim
Editor -- The John Cooke Fraud Report
Executive Director -- Fight Fraud America, Inc.

Asked on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 01:46:41 PM
Reply: Thank you for your input, Leslie. With your background in Asian crime and in car wreck insurance fraud, you have been one of the strongest supporters right from the beginning of the theory that Kait was NOT the victim of a "random drive-by shooting." In fact, I believe you appear on one of the TV show on Kait's new You-Tube page -- possibly Inside Edition? -- saying exactly that.

What would you wish?

Question: If a crime-solving genie appeared on your doorstep today, what exactly would you wish to happen that would unlock the log jam and move this case? I guess I'm asking who are the key people - the specific positions of authority in the justice system - that could put this on the table and say 'it's time to deal with this'? The DA? Police chief? An FBI agent? On TV, it's a Cold Case unit. Who are the ones with the power to move the machine that could vindicate Kait? Thank you. You do not have to give names -- just the positions!

Asked on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 06:13:37 AM
Reply: That's an excellent question, and I wish I had an easy answer, as we've been searching for such a person ever since APD dropped off the case in 1991. We would need to go over the heads of APD, especially since one of the cops who is on record as being linked to the chop shop on Arno where the VW bug fled after leaving the crime scene is now a member of the APD Cold Case Unit.

It couldn't be anyone local. It would have to be someone at the federal level. The U.S. Attorney for New Mexico? Or somebody else? All suggestions are welcome.

The FBI said they tried to become involved with the case right from the beginning, (which must mean they suspected it had national significance, since the "random shooting" of a teenager in Albq. would not warrent their interest), but they say APD refused to let them in. They told them they "had everything under control."

U-TUBE PG. WITH TV VIDEOS ABOUT KAIT

Question: FROM KAIT'S FAMILY: A wonderful friend has created a You-Tube page containing TV shows from 1992 about Kait's murder. These include Good Morning America, Larry King Live, CBS News with Connie Chung, and Inside Edition. It's at http://www.youtube.com/user/kaitarquette . Connie Chung actually shows live footage of how the car wreck scam was conducted. Bob Schwartz and members of APD, including Capt. Richard Evertsen and Francisco Nogales make cameo appearances.

Asked on Friday, October 08, 2010 at 01:25:01 PM

Unsolved Mysteries

Question: Did you get a chance to meet Robert Shack, the host? Have you seen the segment on your daughter?

I saw the segment on Kait, it;s so sad.

Asked on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 08:00:04 PM
Reply: No, I didn't get to meet the host. They dubbed him in later. My only contribution was to fly to Albuquerque to be interviewed. While I was there I got to watch part of the filming and was able to correct some very minor inaccuracies. For instnace, they had Kait calling me "Mom" when she actually called me "Mother." They were kind enough to actually reshoot that scene to have her say "Mother" instead. I got to meet the actors and actressses who played the parts of me and my family in the reenactment. They were well cast. The hardest part was watching the filming of the scene in the hospital where the actress who looked like me watched Kait die. That really hit home.

Dec. Gallegos and Mike Gallagher (the reporter) were interviewed separately, so we didn't interact. But I did give the producer a note to pass on to Dec. Gallegos thanking him for being on the show. He was the only police officer who cooperated.

Sharon

Question: Is Sharon still alive? I read your book and I think that Sharon sort of knew in the hours before that something would happen to Kait.

Poor Kait. I wish you all the best in your search for her killer or killers.

Asked on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 07:38:44 PM
Reply: I don't know anything about Sharon's current situation. I do know she's no longer in Albuquerque.

luck

Question: you should put this case on americas most wanted theyve found thousands of people find the murder...i give you all the best luck and i pray for kaits murder to be found luck and love from my family to yours

-deana,15

Asked on Friday, September 24, 2010 at 06:41:11 AM
Reply: It's a well meant suggestion, but "America's Most Wanted' centers upon one particular suspect. Kait's case is too complicated for them.

Much love from Maritza

Question: I dreamed with Kait and Robin Friday night. When I woke up I realized it was Kaits birthday.

My mother still lives in Albquerque. I return more frequently because she is getting older and I like to check on her to be sure her condition is a good as her voice on the phone.

There isn't a visit that I don't stop to place a flower on my father grave. I make a point to remember Kait, as well.

I will always remember her and stay vigilant for any new information that might come up in a conversation.

My love to you and Don. Let Robin know I think of her often.

Asked on Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 03:12:48 PM
Reply: Bless you, Maritza.

Please, contact me directly and send me your current e-mail address. Mine is loisduncan123@arquettes.com (which is posted on the link on the menu of Kait's Web site, so anyone can reach me that way), but I think the one I have for you may be outdated.

Today is Kait's birthday

Question: Today would have been Kait's 40th birthday.

If her life had gone as planned, she would now be a doctor, married to Prince Charming, mother of four children (two girls and two boys), living in Corrales, New Mexico, owning horses and dogs.

As we do each year on her birthday, the members of our family, scattered as we are across the country, will light a candle at sundown to bring light to her spirit.

Don and Lois (Duncan) Arquette

Asked on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 08:10:03 AM

ABQ Corruption

Question: My husband is an old friend of Donnie's. I am an avid reader and recently became interested in true crime. I've read many of Ann Rule's books. My husband told me I should read "Who Killed My Daughter?" I read the book in two days. I've lived in Albuquerque for 17 years and although the lack of cooperation from APD did not surprise me, it still sickens me. I'm sure you must be aware that Bob Schwartz is a Judge now. I know it may not make a difference, being that I am only one person, but I will NOT vote to keep him on the bench. A DA should seek out justice for victims and victims families, he turned a blind eye. I don't want someone like that making ANY decisions in criminal cases.
It is my sincere hope that someone eventually comes forward so there will be no more guessing, theories and false-truths.

Asked on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 at 11:57:11 AM
Reply: It makes me feel good to know that Kait is not forgotten by friends of her brothers and sisters. Thank you for posting.

Bob Schwartz seems to blow with the wind. When we appeared on "Larry King Live" together he was vehement about his total conviction that APD did a wonderful job and the Vietnamese had nothing to do with Kait's murder. Later, in a private (taped) phone conversation with me, he said the APD investigation was "sloppy." Years later, when he was running for public office, he contacted me to say he'd changed his mind and now thought the Vietnamese may have killed Kait and said he would be willing to meet with us and our private investigator to discuss the evidence we had gathered, (many folders filled with information), but he only had ten minutes to give us. It didn't seem worth it to fly to Albuquerque for that.

Then, once he lost his run for office, he again appeared on one of the national investigative TV shows and stated his conviction it was a
random shooting by the Hispanic suspects.

I don't know what he's like as a judge. I guess it depends on his mood of the moment.

Vidocq Society

Question: www.vidocq.org The Vidocq Society is dedicated to dealing with long-unsolved murders and other major cases. The Society chooses its cases carefully, working closely with local investigators and prosecutors to help solve a death or homicide and bring perpetrators to justice. All work is done at no cost to victimís families or law enforcement, pro bono as part of the Society's commitment to public service. Have you ever contacted them to see if they will take your case?

Asked on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 at 07:41:59 AM
Reply: In our case, the Vidocq Society did not prove to be what it's cracked up to be. They did accept Kait's case. Our PI (at our expense) flew from New Mexico to Pennsylvania to present the case at one of their monthly luncheons. There was one token effort to help us, (a handwriting expert looked at the note Dung told police Kait left for him that night and agreed with us that it was not in Kait's handwriting, which was obvious to anyone). And that was that.

It was a social event. They got an entertaining luncheon speaker at no cost.

Dec. Gallegos quit homicide dept?

Question: What was his explanation for leaving the homicide department?

Asked on Friday, September 03, 2010 at 02:51:22 PM
Reply: The head of the APD Cold Case Unit told our private investigator that Dec. Gallegos quit the department in embarrassment when my book came out. However, that statement isn't true.

WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published in spring 1992. Steve Gallegos was still in homicide in August 1993, and was lead detective on the Nathan Romero case. Nathan Romero was chased down in the street and stabbed to death by an Asian gang. Although the killers were identified, police wouldn't arrest them. Nathan's mother demanded to know why, and a police captain bellowed, "We know who killed your son just like we know who killed Kaitlyn Arquette! This is police business! Butt out!" When she asked how those two cases were connected, the captain went ballistic and shouted at her to keep her mouth shut and never repeat what he'd said.

Instead, she told her private investigator, who phoned the mayor in his client's behalf and threatened a massive law suit against the City if the police didn't do their job. THAT was when Dec. Gallegos quit the homicide department. He didn't quit over Kait's case, he quit over Nathan's case.

Nathan's killers were then arrested. That was Sept. 1995, three and a half years after my book was published.

You can read about the Nathan Romero case at http://www.realcrimes.com/Romero/Nathan_Romero.htm

Book Translation

Question: Was your book about Kait ever translated into Spanish or Vietnamese?

Asked on Thursday, September 02, 2010 at 08:36:16 PM
Reply: WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published in : Germany, Norway, Denmark, Poland, and Sweden. I have no control over which foreign publishers acquire the rights to it. Even if it was published in spanish or Vietnamese, it would not be distributed in those languages in the USA. It would be sold in book stores in those countries.

The case had a lot of TV coverage in Albuquerque. I'm sure everyone with any interest in it kept well informed.

Unsolved Mysteries

Question: Nobody could watch those two segments of the show and believe it wasn't a police cover-up. They say the Hispanic guys they arrested and released were chasing Kait's car one hour before she was shot. How could that be unless they were stalking her all evening? And you finding those phone numbers and the obvious difference in the handwriting, how could police shrug those off? This is crazy.

Asked on Thursday, September 02, 2010 at 04:38:31 AM
Reply: It's not "crazy." It's a conspiracy. And good cops are being forced to comply with it.

Dec. Gallegos did not WANT to appear on "Unsolved Mysteries" to stumble around trying to respond to those questions -- he was there because the APD captain and DA Bob Schwartz, who were supposed to be the spokespeople, suddenly became "too busy" for a ten minute interview, and poor Steve Gallegos (who I believe is a basically good man who simply obeyed orders) was made the scape goat.

A couple of years later, when Dec. Gallegos was AGAIN put in this position with the Nathan Romero case (go to http://www.realcrimes.com and scroll down to that one), he quit the homicide dept.

"Unsolved Mysteries" about Kait

Question: Just was given this link to a U-Tube copy of the Unsolved Mysteries show about Kait filmed in 1992.

Asked on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 04:44:34 PM
Reply: Apparently there is a second half of the Unsolved Mysteries segment on U-Tube at this link Part II http://www.facebook.com/l/66c73;www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ81VVTfNmg

Kait Arquette

Question: Dear Mr.&Mrs. Arquette, I hope who ever was the lowlife, son of a b**ch who did this will suffer one way an other. I know it won\'t bring Kait back, but for taking her life, he/she should lose their life as well.

Asked on Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 12:29:46 AM
Reply: From what we've discovered, there were more than ONE "he/she" involved in this situation. It was a conspiracy, and when one member of it decides to come clean (or is exposed to us by an ex-lover, former friend, or someone who overheard information at a bar or at a drug party), we'll know the identities of the others and the parts they played in either the shooting or the cover-up.

kait arquette

Question: i am sure the cops know something or they may of had something to do with it ,i am so sorry for your lost,,she is in GODS hands now ,but the lowlife that did this with BURN IN HELL

Asked on Thursday, August 19, 2010 at 05:15:04 PM
Reply: "Burning in hell" may not be much worse than having to face Kait.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 next