Displaying 3821 - 3840 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 192 of 275)

My theory on Kait's murder

Question: Dirty cops and organized crime are the culprits. From the evidence I have read here her boy freind was involved in organized crime and so were the cops in that area. This is not uncommon in fact it is common place in this day and age. This was their way of closing her mouth as she knew to much for them to let her go about her life. She apparently knew enough to put someone behind bars and break up their ring if you will. We live in a dangerous society where even people in official offices are big time criminals. The higher the office the dirtier they are. Don't believe me? Start looking around real close, watch these people. They keep their hands clean but if you look you will see them interact with the dirt sooner or later. How do I know? I've seen it with my own eyes when i was a few years younger and in all kinds of trouble. I had since enough to get out of that type life thank goodness before it was too late. I hope you folks will keep pursueing this and nail these guy's. To learn of what they did to her sickens me, I pray that they are caught.

Asked on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 06:18:49 PM
Reply: Thank you for this excellent post. Thank god you were smart enough to break with that lifestyle at the time that you did.

My Prayers are with you

Question: First off I am so sorry for you and your family. You all are so strong and wonderful. I know this will sound horribleand stupid, but has it ever been concidered that \"Sharon\" and her boyfiend might have somthing to do with this? I ask only because she went to great lenghts to establish Kait\'s alibi. The fact of her and her boyfriend getting jobs after Kaits death at Pier one and leaving so suddenly. Maybe they were involed in an off handed way with Dung or the Mexican trafficers and Kait was saddly a feared liability.

Asked on Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 01:23:21 PM
Reply: We're not discounting that possibility. Although I feel certain (maybe just because I met her and liked her) that Sharon had no idea that Kait would be killed.

Paul Apodaca's whereabouts

Question:

Where is Paul Apodaca today?
Asked on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:57:15 PM
Reply: Paul Apodaca is out of prison and living in Albuquerque. He's not hard to find because he's a registered sex offender.

Pier One Imports

Question: It wouldn't surpise me if Pier One Imports was involved in the drug trade market directly. I'm sure their executives are very ingenious when it comes to the marketing of it! They're not listed on NYSE and USSE for nothing. They're a billion dollar enterprise. If they got that way strictly through merchandise sales, kudos to them. but something doesn't sit right with me on that note.

Asked on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 02:21:11 PM
Reply: I can't comment because I have no knowledge about this.

Steering Wheel

Question: The steering wheel (bullet shattered window picture) does not match with the way the tires look in the car up on the sidewalk picture. Not sure what to make of this....

Asked on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 02:16:07 PM
Reply: Interesting comment.

Pier One Imports

Question: I just got through reading the "History" of Pier One Imports." Quite the philanthropists. Also has grown into very wealthy entity with tendrils reaching throughout the world. Very interesting. They sure put up a good
front. How sad.

Asked on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 03:02:45 PM
Reply: As I said below, we have no reason to believe that Pier One, itself, was involved in a smuggling operation. Particular individuals who worked for Pier One may have been involved, but not necessarily the company itself.

"History of Asian Drug Smuggling"

Question: I just read a piece under the Drug Smuggling section of this site. How does the drug bust in Hickory, NC in 2001 coincide with Kait's murder?
Also where is Pier One's home office located?

Asked on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 02:43:41 PM
Reply: The drug bust in NC had nothing to do with Kait's murder. It's just an example of the extremes people have gone to in order to smuggle drugs from Asia into this country. I knew nothing about this until I read that article, and it was an eye-opener.

I believe Pier One's headquarters may be in Texas. At least, that was the location of a warehouse at the time Kait worked there.

However, we have no reason to believe that Pier One, itself, was involved in the smuggling operation. It was probably simply a convenient "drop box" for packages sent from outside the country by UPS. If somebody knew drug shipments were en route, they could intercept those particular packages on the loading dock or in the storeroom without the manager or owners of Pier One knowing anything about it.

Dung

Question: I am not finished reading your book, "WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?". How ever, I find it questionable that, Dung stabbed himself in the stomach, over remorse, and sadness. As I read the pharagraphs, relating to Dung's self stabbing, I felt a sceptical sense of unbelief. Was this one room they all were sharing? If so, a light would have been turned on upon entering it, and Dung's friends would have noticed blood, if it was not concealed. Maybe Dung, wanted himself to be found this way, as he knew they would be back shortly. There are so many inconsistancies, with this whole scenario. I do believe that Dung had a relationship with your daughter, that was good and loving, to a point. Kait, was always giving to Dung, support, and financially. If it were not for Kait, Dung would not have a roof over his head, so in part, I strongly believe that he was using her. And why, does Dung go on to have another white American girlfriend? Is there a reason? Dung, seems to have alot of mistruths, and hidden agenda's, surrounding him. Has anyone kept up with Dung and his current day to day living, as he could be maintianing a pattern. Some times, it is what lies ahead, that could lead many to answers to the past. It is hard to believe that your daughter was just a drive by shooting, too many twists and turns, and too many questions about Dung and his friends.

My email - karailatto@yahoo.ca

writerjunkiesis

Asked on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 at 08:08:48 AM
Reply: I agree, that "attempted suicide" does not credible. Especially since an intelligence agent with a Vietnamese wife told us, "To kill oneself violates the first rule of Confucius. The Pious rule is basic in Vietnamese and Chinese culture, unlike the Japanese hara-kiri. I described this situation to a Vietnamese associate, and his immediate response was, 'The boy belongs to a gang, and she was a threat in some way so she was killed. Its possible that the stabbing was a self inflicted punishment order or carried out by the gang to punish the boyfriend for putting the gang in jeopardy. Self mutilation as a punishment for infractions is not unknown in the Vietnamese culture."

I'm starting to...

Question: really think that Kait was not driving her car when this horrible incident took place. It seems very likely that it was staged to make it look like a random drive by. But in actuality it was pre-meditated and fixed to look like a random shooting and then wrecking the car on purpose. I wish the people who witnessed this would come forward and just say what happened. Of course, then you would have to take it to the authorities, and that would expose the person who told you. But, just for your own peace of mind... it would be nice.

What are you planning on doing if you do find out who exactly was the assassin and the top person who ordered it?

Asked on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 at 03:19:11 PM
Reply: We would take that information to DA Kari Brandenburg.

regarding Got it Part 3

Question: I knew people who worked in the APD Criminalistics dept. back in 89/90.
if you have their names, I could verify for you and possible contact them on the down low, see what they say. List the names.

Asked on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 at 03:10:32 PM
Reply: I'd rather not list their names. We've already heard from some of them, and they did do a second-day work-up on Kait[s car -- removed the doors, etc., looking for the bullet that entered the door frame -- and they wrote their reports and gave them to the homicide department. It's the homicide detectives who withheld those reports from Kait's case file and swear up and down that no second day work-up was done.

More Got it thoughts

Question: P.A.s' history reads like an "enforcer". ...tied up , tortured , shot, beat, going to prison ON PURPOSE, mind you, to protect a bigtime crew member(brother or not) ,enforcing Kait to be killed , etc... and this thought came to mind: not sure if timeline matches up, but enforcers LOVE knives! I have a strange feeling P.A. was at every single suicide attempt. the guy that can find you when you dont want to be found is the enforcer with inside info ie. apd access to computer systems with addresses, phone numbers, and the one who always seems to be invisible..

Asked on Saturday, September 05, 2009 at 12:10:44 AM
Reply: We've been told that Mark Apodaca, Paul Apodaca's brother, who may have been with Paul that night -- (SOMEONE was with him, because somebody drove Paul's VW bug away, leaving Paul at the scene) -- went by the nickname ""Assassin."

...Got it edited

Question: when i said called by Paul or his brother , I meant either Padilla undercover narc or Ray who was supposedly going to meet Paul to sell him drugs.

the more and more I think about this , the more Sharon has to be more at fault for the setup. this next part is purely brainstorming, but she was selling dope out of the snow cone stand right? What does Padilla do? Busts people for selling dope! What do people do when they're caught for selling dope? Cry like a baby and rat on everybody they can to avoid going to prison..everything she did or said at the end sounds and screams "INFORMANT" to me..little fish = Sharon, BIG fish = "The Los PA " crew..UNLESS she was put there by the LP boys and created unwanted attention by selling out in the open. Maybe they ask her who has info on her that could bring em down? , and Kait is the 1st name that comes to mind. Its not unheard of for kingpins to have undercover narcs on the payroll to either make sure THEY dont get investigated, or bust other crews to hinder the competition. I'm putting all these thoughts together to make the picture come clearer, i'll post when they do

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 11:50:12 PM
Reply: There definitely are a lot of possibilities. And a lot of ways to put the pieces together.

...Got it part 3

Question: Merriman DID interview him (which is why he and his interview info got snatched from the scene.)was told that 1 of his police brother/sister could be implicated and to forget what he knows.(pretty standard for cops to just agree and move on).

Question: i'm sure you have verified that there was an actual police shooting that night, just curious, who was it? where in albq? and do we know who was on THAT scene? Sounds like a smokescreen to me, or a pretty darn good coincidence that allows apd a good excuse to screw up a murder scene on the same night and take the spotlight away from Kait. " Girl found moaning and crying in car alone , victim of gang related drive-by shooting" next up " Decorated police officer shot while on the job" Which story would perk your interest?..........

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 09:17:07 PM
Reply: Yes, we have verified that there was a police shooting that night, (by that I mean a police officer shot somebody, not that someone shot a cop). The Criminalistics people got to Kait's scene late because they were at that other shooting.

I have the names and details, but not right here in front of me. I'd have to go into my files for them.

...Got it part 2

Question: TO EVERY NAY SAYER READING THIS: i'm in no way saying anything derogatory about Kait when I say this: Her and/or Dung were meeting and selling drugs to Paul Apodaca that night. Paul was asked and/or setup to buy and kill that night. Which is why Wallace was so close to the scene. She was called by Paul or his brother, comes to the scene to help Paul get out of this mess, create a story, ram the car into the pole, takes off to either hide the damage to her car and waits down the street for the "call". cont..

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 09:05:52 PM
Reply: I'm the last person to pretend that Kait was perfect -- (after all, she used her credit card to rent the car that Dung staged a wreck in, and obviously knew about the insurance fraud and didn't report it) -- but I'm absolutely certain that she would not have been involved in drug dealing. She was very much against drugs and wouldn't even smoke a cigarette.

Besides which, Paul Apodaca has admitted to being in the neighborhood that night buying drugs from Lee Padialla, the brother of Chris Padilla, an APD narc. He wasn't buying drugs from Dung.

...Got it

Question: Wallace bad, Merriman good. She states hearing moaning and crying forgetting she
she wasnt supposed be there when Kait was doing this. Lies about the call to her superior. Merriman did make the call to Sgt. Mossier,but the reason he wasnt there for rescue , was someone came and grabbed a "good, unobjective, caring officer" from the scene so he wouldn't cause problems. Wallace was busy calling Padilla because his brother was involved and/or murdered someone. cont..

Asked on Friday, September 04, 2009 at 08:52:02 PM
Reply: I find it hard to believe that somebody "grabbed" Det. Merriman, but I do think it's possible that he was in some way manipulated.

The Message Below

Question: The message below is very interesting. What would make more sense than Kait's killers (or the clean-up crew) staging an accident? It might be worth making a list of the anomalies concerning the car, the accident scene, the position of Kait's injuries relative to the driver's window, the known forensics regarding blood spatter. etc. "What happened" would be the story that makes all of those known facts make sense.

Asked on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 at 06:58:45 PM
Reply: We are not allowed access to any of that information.

That's information that would have been gleaned during a second-day work up on ait's car. APD maintains that there was no second day work-up.

However, when our private investigator phoned the Criminalistics Supervisor in charge of Kait's scene, who is no longer with APD and lives out of state, he said there definitely WAS a second day work-up. He said the reports of that work-up had been sent to the homicide detectives and to the records department and was astonished to learn that no record of them existed.

Have you ruled out

Question: that she was in the passenger seat of the car. There were eye witness accounts that stated 2 people had been seen in the car when it drove past.

I wonder how likely it was that Kait was not shot while she was in the drivers seat, but shot and then put in the passenger seat, and somebody purposefully drove the car into the pole to stage a "CAR ACCIDENT" just like the Vietnamese were being accused of doing for insurance money. It could also explain why there is so much blood on the right side of the car.

Asked on Monday, August 31, 2009 at 11:48:55 PM
Reply: That's a thought that never occurred to me.

Unanswered Questions Final

Question: Fourth, not finding any bullets at all sounds more of a mystery to me or possibly the tampering of evidence? When doing an autopsy the round should have been found. If one wasn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t done even an x-ray would have shown the rounds still lodged someplace within her body. I presume that neither of these were done or thought of by the police.

The position of the front tires looks as if the vehicle were being directed into the pole. In most all accidents and scenes I have seen the victim will slump either forward or to the right while hands still on the wheel causing the vehicle to travel or roll off to the right and in most cases never jump a curve. The fact that her car went not only to the left but over a raised medium and then over a curb hitting the pole (and again depending on the damage) would indicated either accelerating or was pushed.

I believe that a more detailed inspection of the vehicle was needed then had been done. The fact that the passenger door handle had been touched and opened as stated in one place would have possibly destroyed any prints or would have gave the reasoning for their prints to be on there.

I am not sure if any of this helps or not since there has been so much time lapse. Again I am very sorry for your loss. If I can be of assistance I will be happy to give you my email address. [From: nealdavid2007@aol.com]

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:50:43 AM
Reply: The man from the Medical Examiner's office who testified before the grand jury said, "I recovered five very small bullet fragments along the wound tract. The larger portion of the bullet was not present in the body. Police interpreted that to mean that the bullets were of such small caliber that they shattered in the body and were swept away in the blood stream.

I agree with you about Kait's car being pushed, either before or after she was shot. And, since I can imagine no reason why anyone would choose to shove it across the median after Kait was dead, it's my personal belief that she was shot after the car hit the pole. There are many who disagree with me about that.

Det. Merriman stated that he opened the passenger's door. The ambulance crew also opened the passenger's door. So, you're right about the impossibility of getting prints from that door handle. However, according to police reports, the car was dusted for prints and there were no prints ANYWHERE, even on the inside door handles.

Our private investigator has asked us to pass along her thanks for Your "well-thought-out and well-presented observation of the available facts." If more thoughts occur to you, please either post them here or send them to us by private e-mail.

Unanswered Questions Second

Question: Second the front of the vehicle and pole to determine how fast the vehicle might have traveled. This would have helped to better understand if your daughter might have been alive when she hit the pole or if someone else guided the vehicle in that direction while possibly in the passenger side of the vehicle with the assistance of another pushing it.

Third the photo of the entry wounds indicate that she was shot in the temple region of the head and below the left eye. The bullet entry hole on the outside of the vehicle appears to be not one but two shots at close range that were very accurate. The tear pattern of the hole indicate a peak between the top and lower part of the complete hole itself and not more of the standard rounded hole that a single shot would have made. Without close physical examination of the vehicle it would be hard to tell the caliber of the weapon used. This to me (again without having be at the scene) would have suggested that she had been stopped, turned to look back at who was approaching (say possibly an officer) and was shot in the process through the door frame. The broken window could have been a third shot or made to look like it broke after the crash. This would cover up any possible blood splatter from the two shots that had struck her. The glass trail as it were looks more like the actual shooting happened when she was stopped.

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:49:57 AM
Reply: Very interesting observations.

It HAS been suggested to us that the hole in the car door frame was created by two bullets, piggybacking into the same hole. And that IS what it looks like. But it was hard for us to imagine such precise shooting being possible if the shots were fired from one moving vehicle at another moving vehicle. It probably WOULD have been possible if her car was stationery.

Unanswered Questions First

Question: Dear Lois, I am so sorry for the loss. I am a retired fire chief, prior paramedic, and violent crimes field investigator. After reading all the postings in the message board, site and looking at the photos there are a number of things that stick in my mind. I have a feeling that the answers as will not be found in any police report from the sound of it. Unfortunately I have to break this down in a couple posts as limited on character space.

First the car, with your knowledge of no rear damage when she left I would have done a more detailed exam on the rear damage. Looking for any trace of paint, of rubbing from being pushed and depth of the damage which would indicate the amount of force needed to push the vehicle possibly up to and including the impact point at the pole.

Asked on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 08:49:01 AM
Reply: The police reports (incorrectly) catagorizes the damage to the rear bumper of Kait's car as "old damage," so nobody ever bothered looking at it. And since we (Kait's parents) were not permitted access to the scene photos until many years later, we didn't realize the rear end damage existed.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next