Displaying 3801 - 3820 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 191 of 275)

from apd to unm

Question: Ofcr. Wallace is known both as mary ann AND mariann. From the metrocourt pages and UNM directory, it looks like she is now 'protecting' young people at UNM. God help them.

according to the Bernco.gov clerk public records a
"Mary Ann Wallace" mortgaged a house in the Kirtland addition for BC Bonding (a bail company!) in October of 1984.

What is HIGHLY curious to me is that the mortgage hold was RELEASED July 25, 1989. This is exactly two weeks after precious Kait died.

IF it is our ofcr. wallace, either the person on bail had a court incident where some judge freed the hold or it became very convenient that her finances had a boost that let her pay off the hold.

Mortgage
1984076470
Rec Date: 10/05/1984 08:46:00 AM BookPage: B: 0000 P: 0672
Grantor: WALLACE MARY ANN
Grantee: B C BONDING CO INC
Release
1989064493
Rec Date: 07/25/1989
01:24:00 PM BookPage: B: 0 P: 280
Related: Number of Pages: 1
Grantor: B C BONDING CO INC
Grantee: WALLACE MARY ANN
Notes: Legal: LT6 BLK D KIRTLAND ADD NO2 (There's yet another release in 1990)
Notes: Legal: LT6 BLK D KIRTLAND ADD #2
Purchase

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 07:34:39 PM
Reply: Wow! We've got a real detective posting here!

web address

Question: I found the 'eye' blog here:http://eyeonalbuquerque.blogspot.com/2008/08/progress.html

ByTheWay -- we used to go up into the foothills to park in the '80s. The kids called the area "Mafia Hill".

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 07:14:49 PM
Reply: Thanks. I found it.

wallace pt 2

Question: So after I read the report, which I still have a copy, Mary Ann Wallace stated that she called and left a message on the answering machine for the best friend of the offender, and that he was not interviewed because he never returned the phone call. Are you kidding me? She should have hunted the kid down and interviewed him and before he had a chance to get with the offender to discuss what their story was going to be. But because the kid with a criminal record knew she wasn\'t leaving her office, he never called back. The case was looked at by another agency and they did some follow up and tried to put the case back together as best they could.
The ADA was looking at the case and told me the chances were slim because of the case prepared by Wallace, the ADA then looked at me and said,\" Mary Ann Wallace isn\'t the sharpest tool in the shed.\" So the case went no where. I know it was because Mary Ann treated at another teenage daughter who just got caught and tried to get out of it. But I am an investigator too and I know the right So me being a cop and getting,\"The treatment\" I would hate to see what the non-treatment is. And as for the offender.... I won\'t be bound by the S.O.P. and conduct unbecoming when I retire :)

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 02:09:45 PM
Reply: I hope this cop retires soon and is no longer bound by SOP (whatever that is). And I hope he gets in touch with us to share his info about Officer Wallace. If anyone here knows who that person is, please steer him to this Web site.

[strong language] unsharp tool - wallace

Question: from the Blog eye on albuquerque
August 29, 2008
Anonymous said...
...Only it involves my teenage daughter. An older male subject offered her alcohol and her mistake she took it, but he kept on giving it to her. ...
I am in Law Enforcement and knew what had happened. I was working when I got the call and rushed to the emergency room. Upon my arrival, I found her in a room and she was out of it! I asked the nurse if they were going to do a rape kit and as out of it as my daughter was, she looked up and said,\"You don\'t think he???\" \" Yes, I Do!\" So I took her to SANE and they conducted their exam. The nurse found a piece of a torn condom and contusions that showed her legs were flat and on her back when the offender raped her. The Field officers went to the park and found the offender who had returned, when they asked him if he knew my daughter, this kid tells the Officer,\" Yeah, I boned her.\"
The Detective, who I will name because she is worthless was Mary Ann Wallace. She assured me that everything possible would be done. She told me,\" It\'s a good thing your a cop or you would\'nt be getting this treatment.\" I was hopeful that it would go our way. My daughter gave her statement and it was your typical, well I liked him, I accepted Alcohol and I was not the perfect Angel, But it never changed the fact that he got my daughter so drunk, she could not say no or did she know what he was doing.

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 02:09:04 PM
Reply: I'm unable to find this post -- which is, of course, of great interest to us -- because when I call up the eye on Albuquerque blog for August 2008, there is no entry for Aug. 29. It must have been shoved over to a different page. Please check again where you found it and let us know, either here or by private e-mail.

article

Question: This was interesting. I never paid ttention enuf to remember he was the city attorney in1989. http://findarticles.com/p/ articles/mi_m5092/is_n1_v14/ai_8339239/

Asked on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 12:58:42 PM
Reply: Was he really City Attorney at the time of Kait's murder?

In that article it says he was dropped as a candidate for city attorney when police intelligence files claimed in 1986 he was allegedly involved in the arms-for-drugs trade in Nicaragua

KAIT'S PHOTO ALBUM

Question: NEWLY ADDED BY KAIT'S FATHER: Go back to the home page, scroll to the bottom, and click on a link to a photo album. I think this will "bring Kait alive" to many people who think of her only as a corpse.

Hold the curser over the photo to read the captions, which tell the story of Kait's life.

Don Arquette (Kait's Dad)

Asked on Sunday, November 08, 2009 at 04:58:29 PM

Question

Question: How come in your book your daughter was going to Susan Smith's house... but on this site it says she was going to Sharon Smith's?
By the way I really like your book and it's really sad, I'm writing my book report for my law class on Who Killed My Daughter. I really hope that you are able to find your daughters killer.
Kaitlyn S. Smith

Asked on Sunday, November 08, 2009 at 10:05:13 AM
Reply: If you'll notice, in the front of my book it says "Several names have been changed to protect sources of information." Sharon's was one of the names I changed. I called her "Susan." On this Web site, I am using real names.

GETTING COPIS OF "WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?"

Question: FROM LOIS DUNCAN ARQUETTE:

If you want to read this book, and can't afford to order it from Amazon, go to one of the public libraries in Albuquerque and (if they don't have one of the few remaining copies), ask them to get it for you from another New Mexico library. Libraries trade books back and forth all the time. It's called "Interlibrary Loan" and there is no charge for it.

That's one reason public libraries are so wonderful.

Asked on Saturday, November 07, 2009 at 03:00:29 PM

Library books missing

Question: Ms. Arquette
I haven\'t lived in New Mexico since the late 1990\'s, which was when I worked in the library system and attempted to check out your book. I was working there as a student, and only the librarians and circulation staff had access to the records of which patron checked out and did not return which books. It\'s confidential information (without a sub-poena, anyhow). Of course, anyone could vandalize a book or rip out incriminating pages without checking it out. I did check the ABQ library\'s public website just now and some of the lost books have been re-ordered and are available now. In fact, two have been recently checked out, so I thought you would like to know that there is still local interest in Kait\'s case. This case has stayed in my mind since then and I check every so often to see if there are any new leads. Best wishes.

Asked on Friday, November 06, 2009 at 03:35:22 PM
Reply: Good. They must have reordered WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? immediately or had copies donated, because a hard cover book generally stays in print for only one year. Then it's replaced by the paperback edition.

Your book missing from all libraries in ABQ

Question: Dear Mrs. Arquette,
You were one of my favorite writers growing up, and I was so saddened to hear about the death of your daughter. I read your book shortly after it came out, and shortly thereafter relocated to Albuquerque. I was curious to re-read the book for some of the specific details as I was now familiar with the area. I was working in a library at the time, and I attempted to check the book out. Would you believe that EVERY single copy was missing from every single library in the ABQ metro area? They were all listed as either \"lost\" or \"damaged beyond repair.\" A chill went up my spine upon reading this-we\'re talking about 15-20 copies here. A coincidence? I am sure it isn\'t and someone out there doesn\'t want anyone with information stumbling across it accidentally. I imagine that your daughter\'s friend, Sharon, would be risking her own life to tell you the truth about what she knows, and I am a little worried for your safety as well. ABQ can be a scary place to live even without having such dangerous people angry at you. For your family\'s safety, I hope that you are no longer living in the area, and that the truth will come out someday. I look forward to reading \"The Tally Keeper.\" Best wishes, and thank you for many hours of enjoyment spent reading your wonderful books. Christine

Asked on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 at 08:23:22 PM
Reply: THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

At this late date, is there any record still available of who checked out those "lost" or "destroyed" books?

president of the Police Union

Question: Was the person who made that statement Alex Marentas, Officer Wallace's boyfriend at the time Kait was murdered?

Asked on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 03:33:14 PM
Reply: Yes, the person who made that statement was Alex Marentas. He allegedly was a field officer at Kait's scene. Several people have posted on this message board or told us by private e-mail that he was Officer Mary Ann Wallace's boyfriend at the time of the murder, but we have no way to verify that.

Mayor Berry

Question: Contact him. Convince him to get interested in this case.

Asked on Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 08:50:57 PM
Reply: The last thing a new mayor wants is to (1) become involved in a controversial mess that his predecessors have abandoned and/or (2) turn the police union against him.

When mayor Jim Baca attempted to establish a citizen review board for police-misconduct cases, the president of the union told the media, "If he screws with us, we will do everything possible to defeat him in the next election." Which they did.

The mayor has no control over APD. It's the other way around.

cont. questions

Question: I was so happy to hear back from you. What is the significance of the British version of \"Don\'t Look Behide you\" and the composite sketch if the suspect drawn by the psychic Noreen Reiner? This gave me chills! Also, what about DNA evidence?
-Bridgette

Asked on Monday, October 12, 2009 at 07:56:05 AM
Reply: Noreen Renier believes Kait psychically sent her the vision of that face -- which she then described to a police artist who drew the sketch -- as a way of sending us the message, "I was NOT killed in a random shooting. I was killed by a drug dealer's hitman, like the one in Mother's book."

Neither Noreen nor the police artist could have seen the picture of the hitman, as it wasn't on the jacket of the U.S. edition of DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU. It was on the jacket of the British edition. I received a proof of the British artwork shortly before Kait died and showed it to her. She and I were among the very few people in the United States who saw it. That edition was not available in the U.S.

The police didn't even take fingerprints. They certainly didn't bother with DNA evidence.

I wish they had fingerprinted Kait's purse, as I later discovered that somebody cleaned out her wallet. There wasn't a penny in it.

case

Question: why is it that you want to pursue these people so badly? i mean you have not given up and its been 20 years, and chasing them down won't bring your daughter back.
My heart goes out to your family.

Asked on Friday, October 02, 2009 at 06:14:52 PM
Reply: No, it won't bring Kait back.

But it might prevent other people from being murdered by these same killers. And it might prevent further cover-ups by the cops who orchestrated the cover-up of Kait's case.

Who Killed My Daughter

Question: My heart was broken when I read this book...it is a shame that your family has not received justice....you did a fantastic job portraying your family, by the time the book is done, the reader is so touched by this personal tragedy, we feel we know you personally, as i mentioned before, it took for me to move to Albuquerque to read this although I had read some of your fantastic fiction years earlier...i felt badly I never signed my name to the last note, I work in an area book store and will recommend this book highly....it is an important work and a must read for everyone, it brings a certain awareness to all and is one of the most important books I have ever read....you will always be in my prayers....I pray for justice and vindication....I look forward to the Tallykeeper and pray that by the time it is finished all the answers will be very clear....keep the faith, you have millions who are pulling for you.....there must be answeers out there, Kait's life was not in vain...I have faith your prayers will be answered someday.....God bless you
with love and hope
Glen

Asked on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 05:58:06 PM
Reply: You work for an Albuquerque book store?!!! How absolutely wonderful! WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published in 1992 and is now such an old book that it's primarily available only from on-line bookstores. If you could stock copies in a physical book store in Albuquerque -- perhaps even add a small sign informing customers that the murder took place in their own city and is still unsolved -- that would mean the world to us. Albuquerque is the place where people know what happened. Getting that book back into local circulation might cause someone with information to decide to contact us.

Nice Job

Question: Wow! While I was reading your book I kept getting surprised that you hadn\\\'t completely given up. You look a lot like my English/reading teacher! At least you know that one day the mystery will be solved (according to Betty Muench).

Asked on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 12:49:38 PM
Reply: Mothers never give up when it comes to their children. Even the mildest mothers turn into tigers.

Happy Birthday

Question: Happy 39th kiddo ... not feeling poetically inspired this time, so I'll repeat my plea from last year ... to anyone with real information about Kait's murder PLEASE contact Lois, she will keep your identity hidden and you can finally put an end to this search for the truth.

~Rod

Asked on Friday, September 18, 2009 at 12:48:35 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting, Rod.

Kait's brother, Donnie, just called, and he has his candle ready to light at sundown, as do the other members of the family. Our on-going tradition to bring light to Kait's spirit and the light of truth to her case.

N again

Question: I found Dung!! I believe he's on facebook. I'm not quite sure it's him but he looks exactly like him and his name matches, also it says Albuquerque under location. YOu might want to check it out

Asked on Friday, September 18, 2009 at 10:27:49 AM
Reply: I will check it out, but I find it hard to believe that this person is "our" Dung. The last thing he'd want to do would be expose himself on Facebook. There are only a total of about a dozen Vietnamese names. "Dung" and "Nguyen" are two of those, so "Dung Nguyen" is a VERY common name, especially in a city like albuquerque where there is such a large Vietnamese community.

"Our Dung Nguyen had a very large black mole on his face. That's one way to distinguish him.

APD cop

Question: i would rather name him here since he has passed on. don't want my email out there.

Asked on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 02:01:28 PM
Reply: If he's "passed on" he can't do you any harm. But, if you're worried about it for some reason, you can send your information to us anonymously by personal e-mail from a fake address.

Previous Poster - Theory

Question: I totally agree with his/her theory. Which makes it that much harder for the "actual" people involved to be brought to justice. People who were involved might not even be in office anymore (retired) or have moved to another state, or somewhere more discreet. One dirty cop that I know of has passed on to greener pastures drinking himself there.

Asked on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 11:03:24 AM
Reply: If the cop you're referring to was with APD, please send us a private e-mail giving us his name. That name might link to other names in our database.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next