Displaying 3801 - 3820 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 191 of 283)

picture

Question: was kait's final picture alive # 11 on your face-book page???

Asked on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 08:48:52 PM
Reply: Kait's final picture was on the film in her camera which we found after her death. That's not on my Facebook page.

The last photo we have of her prior to that is probably the snapshot of her in cap and gown at her graduation. The photo on this Web site is her senior class picture.

Kait and her car

Question: Was she still alive in her car when the cops came

Asked on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 08:14:58 PM
Reply: She was alive but unconscious. She remained in a coma for 20 hours and then was pronounced brain dead. Her organs were kept alive long enough to be transplanted.

Answered by: Kait's mom

the killer

Question: Do you think Kait's killer or killers will ever come after your other family members. I hope not and god bless.

Asked on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 08:01:43 PM
Reply: We worried about that at first, especially since we were receiving threatening phone calls. That's why we left Albuquerque when my book came out. We don't worry about it now, because we've already made all the information about her case public. Nothing would be gained by killing us now other than to re-enforce the fact that her shooting wasn't "random."

The Shooting

Question: Mrs. Duncan,

I don't believe at all this was a random shooting, I can't believe the significant amount of pain you are in beacuse of this shooting of your daughter. It says that the car hit the pole. And the driver's window was shattered. But looking at the pictures of where the bullets were placed, it couldn't have been that the car stopped and got shot beacuse on the drivers side when the car hit the pole there is no room for another car to get past their and shoot kate. I would also suggest you to have her boyfriend interogated, and just start gathering information and pulling this puzzle peice togather. And get a lawyer and have the police re-open your case. Beacuse this defiently isn't a random shooting, Kait was intentionaly executed.

Asked on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 09:40:54 AM
Reply: The police haven't tried to say that Kait was shot by someone in a car after her car hit the pole. As you say that would be physically impossible. What they say is she was shot in a moving car who pulled up next to her moving car several blocks away, and then her car kept on driving, all by itself, until eventually it swerved to the left, crossed the median, crossed two opposing lanes, and hit the pole.

What we and our investigators have come to believe is that her car was rammed from behind and forced across the median, (there was damage to her rear bumper), and hit the pole. Then we think the killer got out of his car, approached her stationery car on foot, and shot her.

sharon smith

Question: is it susan or sharon

Asked on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 07:52:52 PM
Reply: Her real name is "Sharon." I changed it to "Susan" in my book to protect her privacy, because I thought she was totally disconnected to the case and, by luck alone, happened to have been with Kait that night. (I state in the front of my book that several names have been changed to protect the privacy of uninolved people.)

Now, however, I have reason to think Sharon may have been more deeply involved in this situation than appeared at first. So I decided to use her real name on this Web site, so people with information about her will recognize who she is and get in touch with us.

Pari Noskin\

Question: Pari Noskin has written a blog about Kait\'s case with multiple links to other sites, (including the recent newspaper article about Bob Schwartz). http://tiny.cc/61ock\r\n\r\nThe responses are interesting and touching.

Asked on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 05:31:51 AM
Reply: Pari's coverage was wonderful. It covered the waterfront. I hope everyone here will read it.

You Tube videos

Question: I am SO glad that someone posted those videos! I was looking on Larry King's website for the transcript of the interview and couldn't find it. I had given up on finding those interviews on Larry King Live, Good Morning America and Connie Chung (though I remember seeing hers when it was on TV).

One of the videos shows Dung walking out of a building and there are people in the background (was that footage from Kait's funeral?). I watched that and the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I had a full-body shiver. Dung had this mean, evil aura about him in that footage. I get the same feeling when I see photos of him & Kait. I get the impression he was (and maybe still is) a very controlling, manipulative person.

I am sure he knows exactly what happened that night Kait was killed.

Bob Schwartz was nothing like I had pictured him. However, from what I have read about him, I got the "used car salesman" feeling. Smarmy. Sneaky. The mustache clinched it for me. Granted, that was over 20 years ago, and he may not have that mustache now but he just looks like someone who isn't trustworthy.

Again, thank you to the video poster!

Asked on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 10:15:18 AM
Reply: Our family is VERY greatful to the person who created that You-Tube page for Kait.

Yes, that was Dung, leaving Kait's funeral.

Yes, Bob Schwartz still has that moustache.

When I look and listen to myself on those shows, I am shocked by how naive I was. I was onto something, but I didn't begin to guess how big it was -- I simply knew that the shooting could not have been random. It wasn't until we began to receive responses to those shows from people with information that we learneded about the VW bug racing straight to a hangout for rogue cops -- about the existence of Paul Apodaca, the man with a record of violent attacks upon women who was at the scene when police arrived -- that Kait's car had rear-end damage, etc.

Keep at eye on that You-Tube page, as more videos will soon be added. We've found tapes of news footage from the crime scene itself; of the Unsolved Mysteries show; and of a show on which the psychics, Betty Muench and Noreen Renier, are interviewed about their psychic impressions of Kait's case.

for those who don't know, the You-Tube pg. is at http://www.youtube.com/user/kaitarquette

crime scene

Question: have you ever went to see it after that night?

Asked on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 09:18:48 PM
Reply: Of course. I photographed every aspect of the scene in the daylight, (which APD did not do), including A&A Unlimited, the auto body shop where the VW Bug fled after leaving the scene. I'm glad I did that, because that shop has now burned down, so these are the only photos of it we have. We've also covered the three block area of the scene (and beyond it) with outside crime scene investigators, taking measurements of the distance Kait's car allegedly traveled after she was shot and measuring the camber of the street to see if it was possible for it to have continued on the route police said it took and traveled over 700 feet after she fell sideways. The consensus was that that scenario was impossible.

robert garcia

Question: How did he die? ??

Asked on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 03:32:42 PM
Reply: Robert Garcia allegedly died of a drug overdose. Then somebody dragged his body into an alley and left it there.

Ronald Merriman

Question: What makes it even more suspicous is that he radioed it in as an accident without injuries, even before he got to her car. How would he know that unless he was right on top of it. From all that I've read on this board and in your book, it seems very certain that he was involved with knowing who killed her, if not, he himself was the one. Espcially because of the way it was explained that whoever shot her, did it from an angle that would be normally where a cop stands outside the driver's door when pulling someone over and asking for ID.

Asked on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 01:24:27 PM
Reply: The call of "an accident with no injuries" is hard to explain.

Ronald Merriman

Question: Maybe since he was supposedly "off duty" he was the one hired to do the kill. I find it awfully conincidental that an off-duty violent crimes detective just so happened to pass by. 10 to 1 he's the shooter.

Asked on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 01:20:01 PM
Reply: That's a rumor that's been started by certain members of the police department who don't like Merriman. Personally I think they may have started that rumor to confuse us. It might very well be conincidental that he was passing by that night. That street is en route to the police station down town.

The "coincidence' that is harder for me to accept is that Officer Wallace was so close by that she arrived at the scene 40 seconds after being dispatched. What was SHE doing there at that time?

your book

Question: Is who killed my daughter only sold in the states? ???

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 08:29:38 PM
Reply: When it first came out, foreign editions were published in Germany, Norway, Denmark, Poland, and Sweden. Those are probably out of print today.

the call

Question: who called 911 for Kait after the shots were fired? and was she alone in her car

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 07:22:17 PM
Reply: She was alone in her car. Detective Ronald Merriman, an off-duty violent crimes detective, drove past the scene, saw Kait's car up against a pole, and radioed in a report of "an accident with no injuries." Then he went back to the scene, discovered Kait in the car, and called for an ambulance. You'll find all this information if you click on the link to "The Crime Scene."

Kait and Dung

Question: were they visiting Disney World when the car wrecks happened? I think I heard something like that

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 06:49:07 PM
Reply: That's the story they gave us about why they wanted to go to California during Kait's spring break. It may have been the reason Kait wanted to go. Dung wanted to go because he was going to stage a car wreck.

friends

Question: have your friends or anyone ever treated anyone in your family differnt since the murder. As if they hadn't known what to say to make you feel better/

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 06:47:02 PM
Reply: Of course. It's very difficult for even the most loving friends to know what to say to people in a situation like ours.

the night of the murder

Question: Just wondering what you were doing while Kait was having dinner with Sharon Smith? and did SHaron lie to the police?

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 06:40:01 PM
Reply: What did we do? My husband and I had dinner at home alone together, read or watched TV, and went to bed. My husband had been injured that afternoon. He'd been working on his pick-up truck, and the hood had fallen and smashed his face into the engine. I'd had to take him to the emergency room for stitches. So he'd taken a pain killer and we both were exhausted and went to bed early.

Either Sharon lied to the police, or the police lied in their report about what Sharon told them. Because her story now is totally different from what was in the police report. She was also interrogated by the police a second time, down at the police station, but there is no report of that second-day interview in Kait's case file, so we have no way of knowing what was said.

Kait's mood

Question: Did Kait acy worried on July. 16th, 1989 as if she thought something might happen

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 05:57:19 PM
Reply: When we got up that morning, we found her sitting at our kitchen table, (she no longer lived in our home, but, of course, she had a key), crying. She said she'd had a huge fight with Dung and didn't want to be in their apartment. She hung around all morning, looking through old family photo albums. She kept pointing out pictures of my mother, who died before Kait was born, and saying, "She looked so much like you, Mother!" (I wonder if, subconsciously, she knew she was soon going to meet her and wanted to recognize her.) After lunch, she asked me to go to a movie with her, but I didn't like any of the films that were playing and said no. (When I think back, I would give anything to have said "Yes!" Maybe on the ride over to the theater she would have opened up to me about her fears.)

She left soon after that and phoned us from her apartment about 5:30. She had gone there to change clothes because she was going to Sharon Smith's house for dinner. She said Dung wasn't there. She came by our house again at 6 p.m. She looked like she had been crying again, and she said, ''If Dung calls, trying to find where I am, don't tell him."

But she didn't seem FRIGHTENED. Just very upset about something.

Kait's You-Tube page

Question: I see where the TV shows about Kait on You-Tube at http://www.youtube.com/user/kaitarquette\r\nhave already had over 800 visits!!! Kait and Bob Schwartz will be famous!

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 09:13:30 AM
Reply: Those are interesting shows to watch. Just remember that most of them were filmed in 1992, when I didn't know nearly as much about the case as I know now. All I knew was the shooting WASN'T RANDOM, and it was linked in some way to information Kait had concerning the activities of her boyfriend, Dung Nguyen, and his friends. That was even before I found out that Dung was phoning people, tell they Kait had been shot, THREE HOURS before police "woke him up" to inform him.

Hello

Question: Do you speak out at conferences concerning Kait and safety, if so when will you be speaking next?

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 07:48:24 PM
Reply: I'll be the banquet speaker at the annual convention of the National Council of Teachers of English in Orlando next month. My talk will be about my career as a writer, but, of course, it will include information about the writing of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

question

Question: do you think Kait knew her killer?

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 07:46:24 PM
Reply: I have no idea. If it was a hired hitman, probably not. Otherwise, yes, she probably did.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next