Displaying 3761 - 3780 of 5650 posts for this case -- (Page 189 of 283)

Interview with Larry King

Question: I watched the segments of your interview with Larry King.
In that interview, the D.A. said that the defense attorneys of the Hispanic suspects were given those Vietnamese letters you gave to APD.
Is that true?
If so, why were you never able to obtain copies?

Asked on Friday, February 04, 2011 at 09:56:41 AM
Reply: Following "Discovery" APD was legally obligated to release all information and materials they had about Kait's case to the Hispanic suspects' defense attorneys. (Actually, they didn't do that; they withheld all the information our family provided to them about the activities of the Vietnamese.) They DID release the Vietnamese letters. Those attorneys didn't bother to get them translated, as they realized there was so little evidence against their clients that they wouldn't be prosecuted anyway.

Since the police had forbidden us to communicate with the defense attorneys, we didn't know they had those letters. We discovered that several years later and asked for copies, which the defense attorneys provided. We had them translated, and they didn't contain much of importance. However, there's no way for us to know that the defense attorneys were given ALL of them. If APD could withhold information from the case file, withhold their report of their second day interview with Sharon Smith, and withhold all reports and photos from their second day work-up on Kait's car, they could have withheld other things as well.

Kait Arquette video

Question: I just watched the 4 segments of the video your daughter Robin filmed about kait\'s case with the interviews with you and Don, your Pi, and that important witness. You have everything nailed down. With all that to back you up how can you be ignored?

Asked on Friday, February 04, 2011 at 06:58:05 AM
Reply: If law enforcement doesn't want a case to be solved, it doesn't matter how much incriminating information you provide to them.

Question

Question: I\'m a sophomore in high school and friend told me about your book. I\'m sorry about what they did to your daughter.Im confused about one thing though. Can you explain the witness intimidation section? what is the theory behind all of these \"alleged suicide attempts\"? Also, who do you truly believe killed your daughter?And what do you believe was their reason? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Asked on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 07:13:26 PM
Reply: How often do half a dozen people, all closely linked to a murder victim, immediately suffer slashings and stabbings after the victim's death? And as soon as the arrested suspect, who appears to have been set up to take the rap, is released from jail, with all charges dropped, he is shot in the stomach? (Alleged suicide attempt?) And, about that same time, a second suspect (charges dropped) is found lying in his doorway with his wrist slashed?

Don't you find that a little suspicious?

All these people had possible (make that probable) knowledge about Kait's death and/or the circumstances that led up it it.

We don't know who pulled the trigger on Kait. There are too many possible suspects, including the possibility of hired hitmen. In that case, the question is, who hired them?

Why was she killed? Of that we are certain. Kait was a potential whistle blower. She was in a position to expose information she'd learned from her boyfriend, Dung Nguyen, about a variety of criminal activities. She was shot to death on the day she broke up with him.

Coincidence? We don't think so.

Kait's purse

Question: Was Kait carrying a purse that night? Was it returned to you or placed into evidence? If you got it back, did you search through it to see if there were notes or anything else that might contain information about where she went that night during her three missing hours?

Asked on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 12:16:29 PM
Reply: Kait's purse was returned to us by nurses at the hospital, (I don't know that the police ever saw it). Of course, I looked through it. The only thing of interest was her "Daily Reminder," a calender/address book. Also, the fact that there wasn't a single penny in her wallet. I know she had money with her that night, because she told us she was going to stop on her way to Sharon's and buy ice cream to take for dessert. Sharon says she did not arrive with ice cream, so there should have been cash in her wallet. Even if she made a different purchase, there should have been change in her wallet.

But the most bewildering thing is, there was no blood on her purse. When a woman drives alone in a car, she places her purse on the passenger's seat. The Medical Examiner said that the blood pattern on Kait's clothing and the lack of blood on the dashboard and steering wheel indicate that, when she was shot, she fell immediately to her right. Det. Merriman says when he found her, she was lying across the two bucket seats with her head against the passenger's side door. Therefore, she should have fallen on top of her purse. She was bleeding profusely. Blood was all over the passenger's seat and the floorboards on that side of the car. How could it not have gotten on her purse?

This fact supports our suspicion that Kait's car was forced off the road, across the median, and into the post, and THEN she was shot. Might she have been preparing to throw open the driver's door, jump out of the car, and run? A woman's automatic reaction if she's leaving a car is to grab her purse. She doesn't stop to think about doing that, she just does it. If Kait was shot with the purse in her hand and then fell to the right, the purse would have had no blood on it. And it would have been exposed and obvious to anyone who looked through the broken window. Is it possible that Paul Apodaca, found standing next to her car, reached in and got her purse and cleaned out the wallet -- then dumped it back in through the window when he saw Det. Merriman arriving?

Pit Technique

Question: I was looking at the map, and if someone were to use the pit technique, wouldn't they have glass in their tires?

Asked on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 07:05:30 AM
Reply: With the PIT technique, there wouldn't have been any glass at the place the car-ramming occurred. The pursuing car would have clipped the right side of Kait's rear bumper, (which is where there was damage to her car.) If her car then traveled over the median, hit the pole, and became stationery, and someone approached on foot and shot her through the driver's window, the glass would have been THERE, not back at the spot over 700 feet away where she was rear-ended. And someone would have had to clean up any glass that fell out of the broken window and go back and pick up the broken pieces of Kait's bumper so they wouldn't be found at the spot where she was rear-ended. Which would not have been hard to do. Remeber, there were people at the scene before investigators arrived -- Paul Apodaca and his friends, and perhaps others as well. a whole clean-up crew.

Something seems wrong.

Question: If you really think about it, wouldn't the car swerve to the other side of the road? If she were shot on the left wouldn't her head hit the wheel swerving it to the other side of the road? I am not sure, since I don't drive, but it has been bothering me.

Asked on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 10:28:43 PM
Reply: You are absolutely right. Besides that, all physical evidence indicates that she didn't even fall forward, (no blood on the steering wheel or dashboard or even on the left side of her clothing,) she fell immediatly to the right.

If she were shot while driving, gripping the steering wheel, she would have twisted the wheel to the right when she fell.

The fact that the car not only "swerved" left, but did so with so much momentum that it leapt the median, crossed two traffic lanes, and went up onto the sidewalk, (when she couldn't have been pressing on the accelerator), would appear to indicate that her car was struck from behiind and forced to the right (using the PIT technique, which is taught in police academies) and came to rest against the pole, and she was then shot by someone on foot while her car was stationery. Damage to the left rear bumper of her car supports this scenario.

GOOGLE "Pitt Technique" or sometimes spelled "PIT technique" and you can find a diagram of how this is accomplished.

paul

Question: 5308232265

Asked on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 07:34:40 PM
Reply: I'm sure you mean well by posting that, but I'm not going to call an unknown number for no specific reason. Please send me a personal e-mail telling me whose number this is and what more I should know about him beyond the name "Paul" -- (I know at least 5 "Pauls") -- and why I should phone him.

The Peter Klunck Radio Show

Question: My name is Velma Martinez. As you well know the 27nth of this very month will mark the 22nd anniversary of Peter Klunck's murder. If you receive this comment in time I would love to have you as a guest on my next blog talk radio show Wednesday the 26th. Of course, the full hour will be dedicated to Peter and what happened to him and those around him that were involved. There is so much I would love to discuss with you. For instance I did reach former Seargent Heatley a few years ago and asked him for an interview. He said he was 50/50 on granting me one. Said if I got others to talk then he would agree...... and that is just one small part of what I believe to be strange occurrences since I have started digging in APD's cesspool of corrupt activity. I am an unemployed journalist (NMSU 1991) Perhaps eventually we can meet over a cup of jo and talk cause there is just too much for one to write in a comment post.
My email is clouds2c@live.com. To learn more and listen to some archived shows google The Peter Klunck Radio Show. There is no doubt in my mind that Peter and your daughter knew something that found them in the most tragic of circumstances.
My radio show is about all police murders/brutality mainly here in The Duke City and I am very proud to have Peter's name as it's title. Justice here is long overdue. Let me know what you think.

Asked on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 12:31:47 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting this important comment. I am a personal friend of Peter's mother, and the two cases have been proven, via private investigation, to be linked.

I don't feel comfortabe posting more than this on a public message boaard, but I sent you a personal e-mail. If you haven't received that e-mail message, let me know. My own personal e-mail address is loisduncan123@arquettes.com.

comment about your book

Question: I\'ve always had an interest in \"true crime\" novels, and came across your book about Kait while shopping. I, like some of the others who\'ve posted was so moved, and upset about the case. When I finished the book I immediately went to the internet also to see if the case had been solved. From reading the book, it is so evident of police corruption, cover-ups, etc. I\'m truly sorry for your loss & hope one of the cold case squads as seen on tv can eventually solve this case. The book was so real & raw, it\'s like I felt your pain and every emotion you were going through. God bless you and your family. [Tamika from Indiana]

Asked on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 08:58:20 AM
Reply: As you can tell by following links on this Web site, the amount of new information we have unearthed and, unbelievable as this seems, STILL are uncovering since I wrote WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER is mind-blowing.

For instance, we have recently been contacted by a woman (I'm keeping her identity confidential) who had a very revealing conversation with the case detective, Steve Gallegos, immediately after the Hispanic suspects were released and APD dropped off the unsolved case, declaring it "solved."

Such people continue to contact us. And their information -- when added to information from other sources -- continues to fill in missing pieces of this jigsaw puzzle that appears to have been invented by a madman but which, we're becoming convinced, will turn out to be quite simple once we are given that all-important final piece that will make the whle picture come together.
Thank you for caring.

update

Question: I just read your book and wanted to find out who had been caught and who was responsible...???
I am shocked that it still has not been solved...I am so sorry for you, but can't believe how strong and giving you are to help soo many other families. May you find the answers sooner than later.

Asked on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 10:33:59 AM
Reply: Well, I personally hope that it's "sooner," because at our ages there's not too much "later" for Don and me.

However, two recent developments have made us very hopeful about the eventual outcome of Kait's case and the effect it will have on a number of other suspicious death cases and illegal activities that led up to them. (1) New people who have become emotionally invested in Kait's case have entered our lives to help us, and these are people with heft who have federal connections. (2) New informants have contacted us with valuable information. And When Don and I check out of this world, the next generation will step into our shoes. Kait had two sisters and two brothers, all of whom adored her, and none of them are dummies. Kait's oldest sister, Robin, (you know her from WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?), is a videotographer. She decided that, since everyone's aging and some witnesses and informants are slipping away, it was time to get all the case information on tape. So she and a colleague recently spent a week in Albq., filming lengthy interviews with private investigators, friends of Kait's, and witnesses (who APD declined to interview), so none of their info will ever be lost. The least we will get from this is a documentary that contains, along with the interviews, names of suspects in both the shooting and the cover-up, details about the case that no one has disclosed but will now become public knowledge, crime scene photos (including some we weren't supposed to have access to), and a great deal more.

This can prove invaluable in a variety of ways. And it's not going to die when Don and I die. It's THERE FOR A PERMANENT RECORD and I can picture it, not just in the hands of the feds, but on shows like Dateline. I just viewed Robin's tapes myself and am blown away by seeing a condensed version of all that our 20 yr. accumulation of documented information adds up to.

I AM SICKEND BY THIS (FORMER FEDERAL POLICE AGENT)

Question: I am sickend by this and any crooked cop or judge out there. I am a politician and do support a New World Order, that order is to punish and arrest crooked cops and judges and anyone els who thinks they can lie and do what ever they want. Anyone in elected positions or working in a gov fashion that kills ,lies, steals, or any other frlony I do and will call them an enemy of the state and in violation of our patriot act! If I can I will put a chip in every one of them and th corruption will start to end. No one I will say again NO BODY!!!!!!!!!! is above the law. I would love to see a giant prison constructed to house all these crooks. I hope and pray the killlers get caught. bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked on Friday, December 31, 2010 at 12:19:08 AM
Reply: It sure sounds like we need you standing behind us!

If, as a former police officer and a politician, you have contacts at a federal level who would be receptive to receiving information about corruption and cover-up, please contact us by private e-mail. We have the info. We even have it on a video. But we need someone with the right connections and the sort of passion that you have to help us get it into the hands of the appropriate people.

What I think?

Question: Cops and organized crime think about it?

Asked on Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 04:57:36 PM
Reply: We definitely HAVE thought about it. If you have any information or valid suspicions that you would be willing to shaare with us, don't post it here -- send us a personal e-mail. loisduncan123@arquettes.com

THE ALBUM OF THE HEART

Question: This is a poem I wrote for Kait -- and her dad and brothers and sisters -- to be read at Christmas time.

Asked on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 02:21:04 PM
Reply: As the winter closes in
We sit close again,
Turning pages of the years,
Pausing now and then

To recall a magic time
Or a special place.
Springtime sunlight leaps at us
From a smiling face.

Summer laughter rings anew,
Mixed with autumn tears.
Seasons blend and mesh and blur
With the flying years.

Guard the album of the heart.
There the memories are„ź
Gentle as the drifting snow,
Holy as a star.

copyright: Lois Duncan

Answered by: Kaait's Mom

What should I do?

Question: Lets say I have a theory, but I am really not sure of who to tell.
Who should I tell?

Asked on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 05:38:26 PM
Reply: You should tell us by private e-mail by clicking the "contact" link on the menu on the left side of the main page. Then we will share your theory with our private investigator who will attempt to get documentation to back you up. Then we can guide you as to what to do next.

Facebook Or Twitter

Question: Do you have a facebook or twitter page? Oh and sorry for the last post, it was a comment not a question.

Chase Bryer

Asked on Friday, December 10, 2010 at 08:37:21 AM
Reply: I do have a Twitter page, though I'm afraid that a lot of the time I forget to "tweet."

I have a personal Facebook page under the name Lois Duncan. It is open to the public, so anybody can visit it. However, only my "Facebook friends" can post on it. I'm trying to keep control of that page, since it IS a personal page, and am only accepting "friends" who are people I know personally.

Somebody has also started a Lois Duncan Fan Club page on Facebook. Anybody can join that, and I try to respond to their posts.

I also have a "Lois Duncan" Web site, http://www.loisduncan.arquettes.com ,for kids who are fans of my novels. That has nothing to do with Kait's case, it's all about my books. There's a message board there, and I respond to all questions.

Shame on you!

Question: This is not a venue for accusations!

Asked on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 at 07:02:23 AM
Reply: Actually, it is. If there is substance behind the accusations.

you did it

Question: i think you killed her

Asked on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 at 06:46:18 AM
Reply: If you have reason to believe that I, Kait's mother, killed Kait, you must immediately report that to the police. Then they will come and interrigate me, which I would welcome. They have never taken a statement from any member of our family.

detective

Question: yes, if the APD thinks that it "belongs" to them then they need to investigate in the case deeper and deeper.

[from,
kaelyn]

Asked on Friday, December 03, 2010 at 05:08:05 PM
Reply: According to (then) district attorney, Bob Schwartz, it is totally up to APD whether or not they want to investigate a case. He told me (in a taped phone conversation) that "It's impossible to force a department to investigate a case once they've lost interest in it."

Maryann Wallace

Question: She retired either last year or the year before. she did work at UNM though.

Asked on Thursday, December 02, 2010 at 06:38:44 AM
Reply: I'm sure our PI can find her if she needs to speak with her again. She's already interviewed her three times.

Maryann Wallace

Question: No. she doesn't.

Asked on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 at 03:23:15 PM
Reply: I have no idea, so I'll allow you to respond to the question below this one.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 next