Displaying 3761 - 3780 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 189 of 275)

Police Corruption

Question: It is not a question Lois it is a statement. I have also experienced police cover-up with the death of my sister in their custody. It is a travesty in this society that calls for more accountability, better reporting and interiewing of witnesses, more transparency and training of a change of mentality that "they are not God."
That maybe they don't get paid enough so they resort to corruption and let the most evil of evils go on, e.g. drug trafficking. I also had to write a book to try and get attention to this fact.

I would love to meet you and talk to you and/or help you. Can we not present ourselves in some way to fight this other than just writing and trying to get attention, while waiting for justice to be served on our justice system?

I am sickened by your story and well my life has never been the same since I lost my sister right before 9/11 and then the police were heroes. Shame on our police forces. Cynthia M. Andersen (Facebook participant) Arvada, Colorado

Asked on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 07:01:01 PM
Reply: Please post the title of your book on this message board so readers will be able to order it. Then, contact me by private e-mail, by using the contact link on Kait's main Web site, and tell me the details about your sister.

I am so sorry.

Mariann Wallace

Question: Mariann Wallace
Title/Organization: Police Officer: Police Department
Email: mwalla02@unm.edu
Work phone: 505 277-2241

Graveyard shift

Asked on Friday, January 15, 2010 at 01:36:26 PM
Reply: Thanks again.

Mary Ann Wallace

Question: Just inquired about Mary Ann at the UNM P.D. She works the graveyard shift. Anyone brave enough to contact her re the Arquette case would be lucky to talk to her on duty at that time.

Asked on Friday, January 15, 2010 at 01:28:47 PM
Reply: Thanks.

APD plus drug dealing plus body shops?

Question: Is this a pattern spanning 20 years?

Albq. Journal:

APD Brad Ahrensfield, an instructor at the police academy and 14-year veteran of the department, was charged with obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI. Ahrensfield, who allegedly leaked information about a narcotics investigation to potential targets has been placed on an unpaid leave of absence pending an internal affairs probe and the outcome of a criminal case.
According to the indictment, a local and federal law enforcement task force investigated a local auto repair shop and car dealership in September for possible drug trafficking and stolen merchandise.

Ahrensfield was not involved in the investigation but somehow learned about it, then told the owner of the shop about the investigation. The alleged leak apparently brought the undercover investigation to a halt.

Asked on Friday, January 08, 2010 at 03:42:10 PM
Reply: Yes, there does seem to be a pattern. This is far from the first report we have received about auto body shops/garages in the Albuquerque area being involved in drug activities which are protected by certain police officers.

Does anyone know of any others?

Answered by: Kait'w Mom

Offc. Wallace and the ambulance

Question: Lois, you mentioned in the post below that Wallace claimed to be at the scene "directing traffic".

Yet I remember reading in an earlier post the EMTs stated that "when we got there, the place was deserted and we almost missed the car." or something to that effect.

Someone is lying. Who?

Would the EMTs have any reason to hide anything? Would they have time to alter the scene? Probably not. They would not have been there long enough to do that AND pull Kait from the car, get her on the gurney and in the ambulance and drive to the hospital.

Also, Merriman & Wallace's appearances at the scene (driving by, being a block away) seem to be too coincidental. Granted, off-duty police drive on the streets all the time just running errands like every other person. And on-duty officers have been in the right place at the right time. Those 2 things, separately, are possible. But together? And on the night of a shooting? I get the feeling that they were SUPPOSED to be there at that time.

Have you heard anything more about the uniformed officer who was standing at Kait's car when the wedding party drove by? I think that person is key.

Asked on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 at 01:10:28 PM
Reply: The medics were not lying. Our PI conducted taped interviews with each of them separately and then together, and both have signed notarized statements. Their memories of that night are exactly the same. Their credentials are impressive. One went on to become an EMT with a helicopter crew at Sandia National Labs, and the other became the Bernalillo County Fire Chief.

Det. Merriman might have stumbled upon the scene by accident. He was off duty, but had been called in to help with another case earlier that evening and states he had been transporting witnesses back and forth to the police station down town. It's also possible that he might have left the scene for just a few minutes to move his car, to give the ambulance room to pull up when it arrived. (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.)

Wallace's statements conflict with everyone's -- Merriman's, Paul Apodaca's, her sergeant's (who says Wallace didn't call in a possible homicide the way she claimed she did, it was Merriman who did that), and the medics'.

We have not heard anything further about the "mystery cop" who was seen standing next to Kait's car before Merriman got there.

Officer Wallace

Question: Was Marianne Wallace linked in any outside way to people involved in Kait's case? Did she hang out with the vietnamese?

Asked on Monday, January 04, 2010 at 02:51:31 PM
Reply: We have no reason to believe that Officer Wallace "hung out with the Vietnamese."

She did state that she was a friend of the APD narc who is the brother of Lee Padilla, the man Paul Apodaca told our P.I. he was in the area buying drugs from on the night Kait was shot. SOMEBODY drove Paul's VW away from the scene, leaving Paul stranded there after off-duty Detective Ronald Merriman drove past and saw both Kait's wrecked car and a second car at the scene. By the time Merriman could make a U-turn and return to the scene, that second car, the VW bug, was gone. It seems probable that either Lee Padilla or Paul's brother, Mark Apodaca, (currently serving time for murder), was the driver of that car.

Maybe both were in that car. Witnesses, half a block north, saw a VW bug with more than one person in it pull into the parking lot of the auto body shop next door to their home after fleeing the scene of the shooting. That shop has been identified as a hang-out for renegade cops, several of whom have since been convicted of felonies. Somebody posted on this board that Officer Wallace "hung out in the area" but did not state specifically that she frequented the body shop. We have no information that she did.

We don't know how this all fits together. But, like you, we would like to know more about Mary Ann Wallace.

She has stated she never left the scene, even for an instant, but if she was truly there, "directing traffic," why didn't she wave the ambulance over as it by-passed the scene?

Officer Mary Ann Wallace

Question: I've been following this case with interest and would like to hear more input from people who are familiar with Officer mary Ann Wallace. The first officer dispatched to the scene and she got there within one minute? She must have been half a block away. What was she doing there?

Asked on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 02:52:13 PM
Reply: Good question.

New Information from former APD employees

Question: Hi Lois,
Have you been giving your PI the information you've been receiving from the former APD people? and if so, has she gleened anything from the information that's getting closer to solving your dilemna?

Wishing you and your family a blessed holiday and happy, hopeful New Year!

Asked on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 12:49:21 PM
Reply: I'm afraid those questions are off limits. But thank you for caring.

Happy holidays to you, too, and to all thos kind people who frequent this page and have an interest in her case.

The Death

Question: Are the cops and the APD doing anything today about what happened ?

Asked on Monday, December 21, 2009 at 04:36:51 PM
Reply: NO.

Ray Bowes

Question: Has anyone ever interviewed him? Is there any information on him? I mean, he was in prison on "stolen vehicle" charges, admits to "robbing the Bank of America in Albq. 1995", all while getting "firearm" charges dropped by the Feds. Sounds like Griffin part 2. And the feds did this while acting on a tip. Do you think he may be more involved??

Asked on Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 01:16:08 PM
Reply: Our P.I. interviewed Ray Bowes at the Bernalillo County Detention Center in 1995. He said he didn't meet Sharon until about a month after Kait's murder, when they moved in together. He said a story came on TV about Kait's murdre, and that's when Sharon told him that she'd been Kait's "best friend" and thought the Vietnamese killed Kait. He said Sharon started to cry.

Answered by: Kait'som

Manny's Castle

Question: I just watched the YouTube video of Manny Aragon's tour of his castle. He is one weird puppy. Scary person. Does anyone know on the message board, if he's ever been married? If he has, his poor wife.

Anything happening since you got some good communication from retired APD people?

Asked on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 03:10:25 PM
Reply: According to an article, "The Political Aragons," in the 03/13/79 Albq. Journal IMPACT MAGAZINE, Manny's wife was (is?) named "Rose."

I can't respond to your second question. I've promised confidentiality.

After she left your house

Question: It seems very fishy that Sharon changed the story to 7:00 saying she had been at the 5:00 of Working Girl at the Lobo theatre. While Dung says he was at The Firehouse which of course is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from the Lobo. Too close for comfort in my opinion. Maybe Sharons way of ratting on Dung 3 years later. I know how she said they called the apt together but no answer. I think she was trying to let Dung know where Kait was. She says SHE called, which if anyone could get phone records , it would back up her story. maybe Dung did answer and she didnt say anything into the phone to tip him off so he could get down there. And years later knowing that Dung had said the The F.H. giving you a tip by saying the Lobo. Dunno, but just too close together.

Asked on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 02:35:36 AM
Reply: This is the first time anyone has pointed out to me that the Firehouse Restaurant was across the street from the Lobo. I don't know what Sharon's intent was, but I do not believe she was involved in the murder. However I do believe that she is running scared.

Sam Costales

Question: Hello - I am Sam Costales' sister and I wanted to say thank you for the support you have publicly given him. I also wanted to tell you how sorry we are for the loss of your beautiful daughter. I can't imagine what your family has gone through. There is another family I have read about who is going through something similar. You have probably read about the suicide/murder involving her husband an APD cop and his cop friends who contaminated and destroyed the evidence at the scene. I'm sure you can find a lot of information about it on the internet. I hope that a cop out there will have a conscience and come forward for both of your families. I attended all 6 days of my brother's trial and watched the "Blue Wall of Silence" in action by the top brass. They testified under oath to one thing, but were reminded of what they said under oath in a deposition which was totally different. That's the problem with lies, you never know what someone else has said. In the end, it was totally disgusting and I can't believe the citizens of Albuquerque will let these corrupt cops continue to run amok. Again, thank you for your support and I will continue to pray for your family.

Asked on Monday, December 14, 2009 at 06:35:01 PM
Reply: I've followed Sam Costales' case from the very beginning. I was stunned to read the comments by Sheriff Darren White, whom I had always respected as a straight arrow, that "I was shocked and dismayed when I learned that Sam was on the stand sucker-punching our deputies" because he spoke the truth when testifying under oath.

Would like to Speak to you Directly

Question: NOT A QUESTION, request for a personal contact via email or phone call.
Hi Lois, I am Marie Sisi Miranda, retired Commander from APD. First let me say that I have followed your daughter's case amongst other unsolved cases here in NM. I believe that your daughter's case deserves an honest review along with all the other unsolved cases and that is why I am running for Sheriff in Bernalillo County. A priority for me will be to establish a team of experts and ordinary citizens to address the many cases that have gone unsolved, some for decades. I propose a private/public Consortium to review and work each case using today's best technology coupled with good old fashioned honest police work. I am doing my part to establish a new era of Leaders who will not hide behind the badge for shelter and who will openly and honestly serve the people. Please contact me via email at: Sisiforsheriff@gmail.com
Thank you for your kind words and support as I was going through my own turmoil during the APD evidence case.
God Bless you and your family.

Asked on Monday, December 14, 2009 at 12:53:46 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting this and for your personal e-mail, which I just received. I'll contact you so we can set up a time for a phone conversation.

You're a brave and courageous woman.

This is driving me crazy

Question: What was the ONE main event that tied all these events together? I mean Griff, J.P. , N.R., Kait, Peter, , later Stephen, all this happening at around the same time. There had to be a major event that triggered all of it , which would lead us to the ONE person who was orchestrating it. The person who has NEVER been named on this site , I cant find a shred of info on this person.?? The 2 things I always come back to is this person and ....the Feds.

Asked on Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 08:33:16 PM
Reply: I'm guessing the common denominator is a huge, organized, and probably international drug operation, which is under the control of someone at a very high level. The "little guys" all play their parts at various levels, as suppliers, distributors and/or protectors. And the people who become threats to this operation are taken out before they can get their mouths open.

That's why it's more dangerous to sit on information than reveal it. Once it's out, it's OUT. The informant is no longer a threat because the damage already has been done.

@ : your letter in Albq. Journal

Question: I'm sure I speak for every soldier in Kaits' Army, when I say : "Thank You , Thank You , Thank You! ....Really, all jokes aside, you just created a "Blue Wall of Karma" for yourself. Please don't worry another second about the Arquettes revealing your identity , or anyone who frequents these boards, for that matter. They will not let that trust you gave them turn against you. Believe me. I really hope this information helps out. If it doesn't , no biggie. The fact that you let your cage get rattled if only for a moment, is all ANYONE can ask for!

Asked on Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 07:16:41 PM
Reply: I feel certain that there are many members and former members of APD, who are churning with information they want to share with us but are afraid to do so. It's incredible the amount of fear that governs police departments. Men with the courage to face bullets won't stand up to The Brotherhood. Apparenetly this is brainwashed into them at the academy.

Yet once in a while, one officer stands up tall, supported by the strength of his moral convictions, and says, "Enough is enough. I will do the right thing, and the chips can fall where they may."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men (and women) to do nothing.” Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797).

your letter in Albq. Journal

Question: You rattled my cage. I needed to hear that message.

I've sent you a personal response. plese don't reveal my identity.

former APD

Asked on Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 03:33:46 PM
Reply: We eagerly await your information. And I give you my word, we will not reveal your identity. And we won't post your information on this message board. If you wish to make it public, it will be up to you to post it here anonymously yourself.

letter to editor of Albq. Journal published today

Question: Albuquerque Journal -- Letter to the Editor
Friday, December 11, 2009

Costales Is Our APD 'Hero'
RE: OFFICER Sam Costales awarded $662,000
Congratulations to former APD officer Sam Costales for providing an example of courageous tenacity to other police officers who have been held hostage far too long by “The Blue Wall of Silence.” Costales now takes his place on our list of APD heroes, along with Sgt. Cynthia Orr, Capt. Marie Miranda, Capt. Ron Paiz and Lt. Joseph Byers.
We pray that Costales' “one small step in a big process” may give other honest officers the courage to contact us with information about an (alleged) APD coverup in regard to the murder of our daughter, Kaitlyn Arquette, in Albuquerque in 1989. If so, they can contact us from Kait's Web site at www.kaitarquette.arquettes.com, either by posting anonymously on the message board or sending us a private e-mail. We guarantee anonymity to those who request it.
We've been struggling for over 20 years to uncover the truth about the bizarre activity at the crime scene and the stonewalling of an honest investigation.… Please put an end to this torture and help us find closure.
LOIS ARQUETTE

Asked on Friday, December 11, 2009 at 08:24:32 AM
Reply: What do you know! The Journal didn't contact me to confirm my identity, which they always do when you submit a "letter to the editor," so I thought they weren't going to print it.

Officer Wallace and Alex Marentes

Question: Is it true that back in 1989 Officer Mary Ann Wallace was the girlfriend of Alex Marentes who later became head of the police union?

Asked on Thursday, December 10, 2009 at 02:08:12 PM
Reply: Somebody posted that information on this message board, but I have no personal knowledge about it. I'd be interested to know if it was true.

Nick LoBue

Question: Is that the same Nick LoBue who is manager of the New Mexico Scorpions hockey league?

Asked on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 at 01:21:02 PM
Reply: He was at one time. I don't know what he does now. He was also connected in some way --- owner or manager or something -- of the Rio Rancho ice rink, also known as Blades, which later became part of Iceoplex.

I was told this by an investigative reporter (not Mike Gallagher) who was checking him out because of his criminal background. He's never been implicated in Kait's murder. He's just a friend and business partner of Dung's former employer.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next