Displaying 3721 - 3740 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 187 of 275)

A FORTH POSSIBILITY

Question: a forth possibility is that a cop did the shooting. un the police academy there taught that there first duty is to take care of each other.

Asked on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 04:22:47 AM
Reply: That possibility has been suggested to us.

So many other Cold Cases

Question: APD has been working on so many other Cold Cases as of late. I don't see why they don't look at Kait's case. It doesn't make sense to me. Why is her case any more disconcerting or difficult than the ones they've been opening back up. It makes me think that the persons that were involved have either died, have gotten sentenced to prison for other crimes they've committed, or the VIP that Kaitlyn saw is so powerful and intimidating, that APD and all other investigators that were involved will not touch the cold case with a 10ft. pole. what is your opinion?

Asked on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 07:22:18 PM
Reply: There was more than one person involved: (1) the shooter, or shooter(s) if the bullets were two different calibers; (2) the person who drove the hit car; (3) the person or persons(s) who set up the shooting; and (4) the persons involved in the cover-up. They can't ALL be dead or in prison.

And even if they were, people in prison are often charged with crimes they committed before they were incarcerated. And guilty people who have died are identified after the fact, even if that means they can't be punished for the crime.

We think your third suggestion is the most valid.

Damon Fay

Question: Damon Fay was a 24-year veteran investigator and supervisor for the Albuquerque Police Department in New Mexico. He was a primary case agent for homicides, police officer involved shootings and major violent crimes cases for 14 of his career years. As a supervisor he led an officer involved shooting team and assisted in numerous major crime joint jurisdictional investigations and task force initiatives. Damon is a recognized expert in homicide investigations. During his extensive investigative career he has developed nationally accepted procedures for cold case homicide investigation and has become one of the leading circumstantial case specialists in the country. Local, state and federal prosecutors and Police Command have called upon Fay numerous times in his career to provide expertise in complex, high profile and highly sensitive investigations. As a Sergeant of the Advanced Training Unit of the Albuquerque Police Academy, Damon and his staff oversaw the specialization training and career advancement of police personnel. He is an instructor in Firearms, Defensive Tactics and Ground Fighting, Use of force and intermediate Use of force, Homicide and cold Case Investigation, Major Case Management, Interview and interrogations and Contact Weapons Defense. Why can't you contact him through his web-site? It seems to me with all this background, there would be some way he could help you now - it's been so many years that he was involved with your daughter's investigation that surely he has devised a method to tell you without it ever implicating him as the snitch.

Asked on Monday, May 10, 2010 at 12:58:06 PM
Reply: I've read the same information you have about his career with APD. I agree -- if he wanted to reveal information to us, he would have found a way to do so. My e-mail address is readily available on the Internet. Everyone in law enforcement has the name and contact information for our private investigator. I even have a Facebook page, that is open to the public, and people can contact me that way.

The information that he DID reveal -- that a bullet found during a second day work-up on Kait's car proved that her shooting was NOT "random" -- he revealed during conversations held shortly after the shooting. Obviously, one of his superiors got wind of fact that he was revealing information that would destroy the "random shooting" scenario, and closed him down. To compensate for that indiscretion, he began slandering me, without ever having met or had contact with me. To chase him down now and confront him would only antagonize him and make him defensive. If he wants us to know, he will contact us because he is a good man and wants to do the right thing. That's not something we can force. It has to be motivated by conscience.

Damon Fay

Question: Will you post that personal information?

Asked on Saturday, May 08, 2010 at 04:40:34 PM
Reply: No. That would not be fair to Det. Fay.

I do want to mention that he is a man I have never met and have never had any contact with. Any opinion he has formed about me is based solely upon what someone else has told him. So, the questions is, "Who IS that SOMEONE ELSE? Who, at APD, would have reason to want to undermine the investigation of Kait's case by turning young homicide detectives against her family?"

Damon Fay

Question: What do you know through investigation or tipsters about Damon Fay?

Asked on Saturday, May 08, 2010 at 02:32:13 PM
Reply: Only personal information.

Damon Fay

Question: was supposedly a very top notch homicide detective. and claimed that Kaitlyn Arquette's mother was psychotic. he called her, "that crazy lady" when questioned about the investigation at the time it happened. apparently, the ones investigating the case thought it was crazy that her mom brought in psychics to help. would always call the mom "that crazy lady" and change the subject right after he talked about how she brought in psychics to help. Laughed it off.

You ask me, I think he knows (and knew) who killed Kaitlyn.

Asked on Thursday, May 06, 2010 at 10:13:10 AM
Reply: That would make sense, except that we never told the police we were consulting psychics and we never offered them any information from psychics. We realized that doing so would destroy our credibility.

The first that anyone knew that we'd been using psychics was when my book was published in 1992. Police dropped off the unsolved case in spring of 1991. If Det. Fay and others were calling me "that crazy lady" back in 1989, it was because I was refuting the "random shooting" scenario by offering them information about the Vietnamese criminal group.

Damon Fay

Question: he has his own website - he's some kind of investigator trainer.

Asked on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 02:45:18 PM
Reply: Many cops from that era have now retired. And many have become PIs or "investigative trainers." Or body guards. Or, for some strange reason, they've become limouseine drivers.

Damon Fay

Question: Still lives in ABQ, on San Mateo or San Pedro area NE heights.

Asked on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 02:41:28 PM
Reply: Thanks, but I meant information about him as a member of the APD homicide department. Not personal information. That's none of our business.

Damon Fay

Question: Have you ever looked at APD Detective Damon Fay? He was involved in the investigation of Kait's murder.

Asked on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 03:28:12 PM
Reply: Yes. But we've never met him If anyone has any information about him to share, we'd be very open to hearing it.

Who Killed Kait Arquette

Question: I am looking over your record of police crime and corruption in New Mexico. You mentioned in the opening of your writing, entry 9/80, that Phil Chacon was killed on duty during a bank robbery. However, he was killed responding to a break in to a shoe store. He was on duty, but not killed at a bank robbery.

Thank you.

Asked on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 10:47:04 AM
Reply: Thank you for setting me straight. I was working from what was in the newspaper. You apparently have intimate knowledge of the event, and I appreciate your sharing it.

Answered by: Kaits Mom

Apodaca and the VW

Question: I'm not sure if Apodaca is a common name in NM, but here on the East Coast it definitely isn't. It's interesting to me that there was a Paul Apodaca at the crime scene with a VW and your neighbor Adrian Apodaca had also mentioned something about a VW. Is there a link?

Also, I'm guessing by now the detectives working on the case must be retired or retiring--do you think that gives a greater chance of someone saying something?

Asked on Friday, April 09, 2010 at 10:28:05 PM
Reply: "Apodaca" is a very common Hispanic name in the Southwest. We too were interested in whether there might be a link between Paul (at the crime scene) and Adrian (Kait's next door neighbor who saw her followed from her apartment by a VW bug.) We could find no direct link.

Betty [From: That 13 year old writer]

Question: I was wondering how dear old Betty is right now. She seems to have been giving you very accurate readings, and I know she is semi-retired, but I would love to ask her just one question. How can I get in touch with her?

Asked on Friday, April 02, 2010 at 03:30:19 AM
Reply: I do have contact information for Betty, which I send to people when asked by private e-mail. But, truthfully, I don't think a 13-yr-old ought to be consulting a psychic. I don't think ANYONE should consult a psychic unless they're in a desperate situation and have used up all their other possible resources.

At 13-yrs-old, you ought to be sorting things through in your own head and forming your own opinions and making your own decisions. That's what makes you grow up.

im so sorry:{

Question: what ever happend to doug.

Asked on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 03:28:13 PM
Reply: When WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, he moved to the Pacific Northwest. After the dust settled, he returned to Albuquerque, (why go back when he had no family there?) bringing with him a pregnant girlfriend who, people have told us, looks a lot like Kait. They lived together in Albuquerque for a number of years. We've heard that they eventually separated, but have no way of knowing if that information is accurate. In 1993
he started working at Phillips Semi-Conductors. Don't know if he still does.

highly suspect :(

Question: Why hasn't anyone followed up on An Le? I think he's more of a player than anyone. I can't believe that he was able to be naturalized.... that's almost more wrong than not interrogating him enough or following up on basically everything! I'm so sorry for everything that you've had to go through. Do you ever get sick of hearing that?!? Have you found anything out about An Le since? Sorry for playing detective, I'm just curious.

Asked on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 04:53:56 PM
Reply: A VERY good question. And one that I'm surprised people haven't asked sooner. For some reason, which we can't even begin to fathom, An Quoc Le seems to be under protection.

We would welcome any input on that subject that anyone out there can provide.

Jane B.

Question: Have you heard from Dung or Rod since, Who Killed My Daughter was published?

Asked on Monday, March 29, 2010 at 03:00:16 PM
Reply: We're in touch with Rod, and he sometimes posts on this message board.

We have not had contact with Dung since November 1989.

APD

Question: Are you saying cops are a bunch of wimps who are so intimidated by their bosses that they do whatever there told whether they want to or not? What happens to them if they don't?

Asked on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 03:50:11 PM
Reply: Not being behind the Blue Wall, I can only quote statements from those who are:

Re: The APD Evidence Room Scandal

There was instant retaliation against the whistleblowers. A captain, who had reported the damage from the chemical spill, was placed on administrative leave and asked to turn in her badge, gun and squad car. A different captain, who had ordered an investigation into high-ranking members of the police department, was punished by having the Internal Affairs division taken away from his command. At two citywide meetings, attended by hundreds of officers who were required to be there, deputy chiefs encouraged them to be “angry and repulsed” by Sergeant Orr for breaking the code of silence.

In a furious tirade, filled with profanity, one deputy chief warned his lieutenants that if they ever openly criticized the administration he would yank them from their command. One lieutenant taped that diatribe and filed a complaint with the City's Labor Management Relations Board.

"He was trying to intimidate us,” the lieutenant stated. “Others will not come forward because they are scared."
.................................................................
Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ex-Cop Describes the 'Blue Wall'
SANTA FE — As a sworn Albuquerque Police Department officer for two decades, Sam Costales said he saw dozens of instances of police misconduct but never saw anyone reported for it, nor did he see any officer written up for failing to report the misdeeds, despite official policy requiring it.
"So long as you stayed behind the 'blue wall of silence,' nothing happened to you?" his attorney Randi McGinn asked Costales on Friday during testimony in Costales' civil lawsuit against APD and its once and future police chief Ray Schultz.
"Yes," he said.
McGinn wants to show a jury that the culture at APD rewards keeping your mouth shut...
Costales said he became fearful, started vomiting regularly and that his blood pressure soared. He began seeing a psychologist. But he said he kept working because he'd promised his daughter he would help pay for her to attend private college.
............................................

Taylor Harmon

Question: I have another question. Do you think that the investigators and police were bought out or bribed to omit their notes and very important evidence as well as not contact you every two weeks with a progress report/listen to you when you had very good evidence or was they just too lazy or unthoughtfull to try with all their best? My best regards always and forever and I am truly sorry for you loss. Kait seemed like a very nice, smart, beautiful woman.

Asked on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 11:40:05 AM
Reply: Not, by any means, the whole department.

My personal belief, and those of many others, is that a certain member of APD who was in a position to control the investigation deliberately sabotaged it. He controlled the investigators and what went into their reports, and they weren't in a position to resist without destroying their careers.

The big question is -- who was that particular individual? We think we know but need to have it confirmed.

Why did he act as he did? Another good question. We speculate that HE was under the thumb of someone HIGHER up, probably a political VIP.

Todd Babcock

Question: I've known Todd and his family for years and consider his integrity to be beyond reproach. Lord, I'm not naive about this, but Todd Babcock is not a dirty cop. He's a cop you could count on!

Asked on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 07:46:44 AM
Reply: We have had no interaction at all with Tod Babcock. However, he is on record as having had direct ties with the auto body shop where the VW bug fled after leaving Kait's scene.

Theories about Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: Having been an EMT here in New Mexico for almost nine years, there were several things I've noticed about the photos and descriptions listed in various areas on this site, as well as the photos from the Facebook page.

The first was the fact that while there were no exit wounds, no bullets were found. My only theory on that is that she was killed at point blank range and that blanks were used (Someone in possession of blanks was referred to on this site). Jon-Erik Hexum was an actor that died from this same sort of wound. Were there any powder burns located around the wounds? Were there any other wounds to any other parts of her body (bruising from the vehicle impact, defensive wounds, ligature marks)? Were any glass shards found in the wounds or on/beneath her clothing? I also believe at least two guns were used.

My second thought is that she didn't wreck the car. From the photos I viewed, this was a low speed impact, maybe 20 mph at the most, as there is very little damage to the car, and no noticeable damage to the utility pole. I also don't see any skid marks that would suggest she was moving at a high rate of speed and attempted to slow down before the impact.

Third, I'm curious to know if she was even killed in the car, as one of the photos shows the interior, yet I see no blood spatter or pools, and with the head being as vascular as it is, there would be a lot of blood, even in the driver's seat.

I have a few more ideas I'd like to share if you're interested in hearing them.

Asked on Monday, March 22, 2010 at 01:09:43 AM
Reply: Our PI says, in response to your post: "This person makes clear points. I have asked the same questions and made similar observations and I have definitely asked several people about lack of blood spatter on the driver's door window."

We're very interested in hearing your further comments.

I, myself, was startled by your speculation that blanks were used. I didn't realize that blanks would kill people; I thought they were used only for intimidation.

I can answer a few of your questions: Although the major parts of the bullets were not found in Kait's body, there were some tiny fragments of bullets along the wound track and a very small fragment of a bullet in the right side of her brain. There were a lot of satellite impacts around the entrance holes made from shattered glass from the driver's side window. There were no powder burns or injuries to other parts of her body and no defense wounds.

As our PI says, the big question that no one seems to have an answer for is the lack of blood spatter on the driver's side of the car. It would appear that Kait must have fallen immediately to her right prone across the seat. There was a lot of blood pooled on the floor on the passenger's side. The right side of her clothing was blood soaked. The left side was clean.

Kait

Question: dear lois
i was reading the book you wrote on Kait's death and had to do a project for school on it and was wondering what time kait was pronoced brain dead and then dead

Asked on Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 01:06:56 PM
Reply: I don't know. Does it matter?

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next