Displaying 3681 - 3700 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 185 of 276)

the call

Question: who called 911 for Kait after the shots were fired? and was she alone in her car

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 07:22:17 PM
Reply: She was alone in her car. Detective Ronald Merriman, an off-duty violent crimes detective, drove past the scene, saw Kait's car up against a pole, and radioed in a report of "an accident with no injuries." Then he went back to the scene, discovered Kait in the car, and called for an ambulance. You'll find all this information if you click on the link to "The Crime Scene."

Kait and Dung

Question: were they visiting Disney World when the car wrecks happened? I think I heard something like that

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 06:49:07 PM
Reply: That's the story they gave us about why they wanted to go to California during Kait's spring break. It may have been the reason Kait wanted to go. Dung wanted to go because he was going to stage a car wreck.

friends

Question: have your friends or anyone ever treated anyone in your family differnt since the murder. As if they hadn't known what to say to make you feel better/

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 06:47:02 PM
Reply: Of course. It's very difficult for even the most loving friends to know what to say to people in a situation like ours.

the night of the murder

Question: Just wondering what you were doing while Kait was having dinner with Sharon Smith? and did SHaron lie to the police?

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 06:40:01 PM
Reply: What did we do? My husband and I had dinner at home alone together, read or watched TV, and went to bed. My husband had been injured that afternoon. He'd been working on his pick-up truck, and the hood had fallen and smashed his face into the engine. I'd had to take him to the emergency room for stitches. So he'd taken a pain killer and we both were exhausted and went to bed early.

Either Sharon lied to the police, or the police lied in their report about what Sharon told them. Because her story now is totally different from what was in the police report. She was also interrogated by the police a second time, down at the police station, but there is no report of that second-day interview in Kait's case file, so we have no way of knowing what was said.

Kait's mood

Question: Did Kait acy worried on July. 16th, 1989 as if she thought something might happen

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 05:57:19 PM
Reply: When we got up that morning, we found her sitting at our kitchen table, (she no longer lived in our home, but, of course, she had a key), crying. She said she'd had a huge fight with Dung and didn't want to be in their apartment. She hung around all morning, looking through old family photo albums. She kept pointing out pictures of my mother, who died before Kait was born, and saying, "She looked so much like you, Mother!" (I wonder if, subconsciously, she knew she was soon going to meet her and wanted to recognize her.) After lunch, she asked me to go to a movie with her, but I didn't like any of the films that were playing and said no. (When I think back, I would give anything to have said "Yes!" Maybe on the ride over to the theater she would have opened up to me about her fears.)

She left soon after that and phoned us from her apartment about 5:30. She had gone there to change clothes because she was going to Sharon Smith's house for dinner. She said Dung wasn't there. She came by our house again at 6 p.m. She looked like she had been crying again, and she said, ''If Dung calls, trying to find where I am, don't tell him."

But she didn't seem FRIGHTENED. Just very upset about something.

Kait's You-Tube page

Question: I see where the TV shows about Kait on You-Tube at http://www.youtube.com/user/kaitarquette\r\nhave already had over 800 visits!!! Kait and Bob Schwartz will be famous!

Asked on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 09:13:30 AM
Reply: Those are interesting shows to watch. Just remember that most of them were filmed in 1992, when I didn't know nearly as much about the case as I know now. All I knew was the shooting WASN'T RANDOM, and it was linked in some way to information Kait had concerning the activities of her boyfriend, Dung Nguyen, and his friends. That was even before I found out that Dung was phoning people, tell they Kait had been shot, THREE HOURS before police "woke him up" to inform him.

Hello

Question: Do you speak out at conferences concerning Kait and safety, if so when will you be speaking next?

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 07:48:24 PM
Reply: I'll be the banquet speaker at the annual convention of the National Council of Teachers of English in Orlando next month. My talk will be about my career as a writer, but, of course, it will include information about the writing of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

question

Question: do you think Kait knew her killer?

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 07:46:24 PM
Reply: I have no idea. If it was a hired hitman, probably not. Otherwise, yes, she probably did.

Kaitlyn's final hours

Question: Hello Mrs. Duncan.

I was wondering when was the last time you spoke to Kait before the murder? or even the final picture of her before her shooting.

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 07:41:05 PM
Reply: If you click on the link to the night of the shooting you will read about that. She stopped by our house at 6 p.m. that night, supposedly on her way to Sharon Smith's house for dinner. But Sharon told police Kait didn't get to her house until 9:30, so there are three missing hours of her final evening unaccounted for.

The photo I we used on this Web site is her Senior Picture. That's the last picture we have of her, except for one that was on a roll of film in her camera and hadn't yet been developed.

Bob Schwartz, a symbol of NM Justice System

Question: The NM Supreme Court ordered discipline that included a published public reprimand, a $6,000 fine and a course in sexual harassment for 2nd Judicial District Judge Bob Schwartz for delays in recusing himself from a case after a brief romantic relationship with an attorney appearing before him.
Chief Justice Charles Daniels also cited Schwartz's the impropriety of a gift Schwartz made to the female attorney. The book , "The One-Hour Orgasm," was written by an author with the same name, Robert M. Schwartz, and the judge had pasted a photo of himself on the back cover.
The reprimand will be published in a forthcoming Bar Bulletin.

Asked on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 04:58:50 AM
Reply: If you're interested in seeing Bob Schwartz in action, he appears in almost all the TV shows about Kait that are posted at http://www.youtube.com/user/kaitarquette, giving his views on the case.

Kait Arquette case

Question: A few questions popped in my mind. I saw the shot woulds and the car's bullet hole picture. I wonder how tall was she?

Law-in-forcement officers are usually taught to shoot 3 shots in a row.
If you combine two of those pictures and how tall was she what can you tell?? Autopsy pictures as shown and the car door, right handed shooter always shoots from low left to little higher to up right. Most likely she was shot first on left upper cheek and left temple. The third shot hit the door.

Looking the picture from the door, it seemed like it was fired from the front left side of the car.
Why did she stop? traffic lights or traffic stop?

The officers, did they have automatic handguns or revolvers? It takes longer time to fire revolver than automatic... I wonder if she step on it when somebody pulled a gun on her?

Last words, I sincerly hope that She will have justice someday and She will!

Asked on Monday, October 11, 2010 at 11:36:02 AM
Reply: Kait was about 5'6 or 5'7".

There was no traffic light or stop sign. The only reason she would have stopped at the intersection of John St., (which is where police maintain that the shooting took place), would be if she was pulled over by a police car.

But we question whether she was shot at that location at all. According to the medical examiner, the fact that, although she was shot on the left side of the face, all the blood was on the right side of her clothing and there was no blood on the steering wheel or dashboard, indicates she fell immediately to her right. Since she couldn't have fallen forward and pressed on the accelerater, how could the car have continued to drive on down the street ov er 700 feet, then abruptly swerve left, and have enough momentum to cross the median and the opposite two lanes and go up onto the curb to hit a pole?

If she was shot while the car was in motion and fell to the right while gripping the steering wheel, the car would have swerved immediately right, not continued on straight and then turned left.

Our speculation, and those of outside investigators, is that she was rearended farther down the street at the point where her car lurched to the left and jumped the median, and was shot by someone on foot after the car came to rest against the pole. That speculation is supported by the fact that there was damage to the left corner of the rear bumper of her car.

Kait

Question: Lois,
I know that it's been awhile since I've checked in, but the world of fraud is out of control and I am buried up to my eyeballs in referrals from www.fightfraudamerica.com cases. I still think of you often and hope that one day, one day soon, you will find those answers that you search for.

What, to me, set Kait's case apart (beyond the sheer horror of it) was the insertion of criminal acts by OUR OWN AMERICAN LAW ENFORCEMENT ... using the imported cultural mindset and instability of these Vietnamese kids (that's what they were ... kids) for just one more piece of filthy profit. The Americans involved were not subjected to the survival mindset that was Vietnam, no PTSD, foraging like dogs. Nope, those US bad guys were motivated by greed, power, and pure evil. Picking up a 2010 newspaper is, in that regard, the same as picking one up in 1989. The marriage of lawlessness and lack of conscience has not lessened one bit.

Since we first worked together on that 1995 article, you've been my hero, my strength and my inspiration. If there is anything I can do for you, I'm here.

Leslie Kim
Editor -- The John Cooke Fraud Report
Executive Director -- Fight Fraud America, Inc.

Asked on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 01:46:41 PM
Reply: Thank you for your input, Leslie. With your background in Asian crime and in car wreck insurance fraud, you have been one of the strongest supporters right from the beginning of the theory that Kait was NOT the victim of a "random drive-by shooting." In fact, I believe you appear on one of the TV show on Kait's new You-Tube page -- possibly Inside Edition? -- saying exactly that.

What would you wish?

Question: If a crime-solving genie appeared on your doorstep today, what exactly would you wish to happen that would unlock the log jam and move this case? I guess I'm asking who are the key people - the specific positions of authority in the justice system - that could put this on the table and say 'it's time to deal with this'? The DA? Police chief? An FBI agent? On TV, it's a Cold Case unit. Who are the ones with the power to move the machine that could vindicate Kait? Thank you. You do not have to give names -- just the positions!

Asked on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 06:13:37 AM
Reply: That's an excellent question, and I wish I had an easy answer, as we've been searching for such a person ever since APD dropped off the case in 1991. We would need to go over the heads of APD, especially since one of the cops who is on record as being linked to the chop shop on Arno where the VW bug fled after leaving the crime scene is now a member of the APD Cold Case Unit.

It couldn't be anyone local. It would have to be someone at the federal level. The U.S. Attorney for New Mexico? Or somebody else? All suggestions are welcome.

The FBI said they tried to become involved with the case right from the beginning, (which must mean they suspected it had national significance, since the "random shooting" of a teenager in Albq. would not warrent their interest), but they say APD refused to let them in. They told them they "had everything under control."

U-TUBE PG. WITH TV VIDEOS ABOUT KAIT

Question: FROM KAIT'S FAMILY: A wonderful friend has created a You-Tube page containing TV shows from 1992 about Kait's murder. These include Good Morning America, Larry King Live, CBS News with Connie Chung, and Inside Edition. It's at http://www.youtube.com/user/kaitarquette . Connie Chung actually shows live footage of how the car wreck scam was conducted. Bob Schwartz and members of APD, including Capt. Richard Evertsen and Francisco Nogales make cameo appearances.

Asked on Friday, October 08, 2010 at 01:25:01 PM

Unsolved Mysteries

Question: Did you get a chance to meet Robert Shack, the host? Have you seen the segment on your daughter?

I saw the segment on Kait, it;s so sad.

Asked on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 08:00:04 PM
Reply: No, I didn't get to meet the host. They dubbed him in later. My only contribution was to fly to Albuquerque to be interviewed. While I was there I got to watch part of the filming and was able to correct some very minor inaccuracies. For instnace, they had Kait calling me "Mom" when she actually called me "Mother." They were kind enough to actually reshoot that scene to have her say "Mother" instead. I got to meet the actors and actressses who played the parts of me and my family in the reenactment. They were well cast. The hardest part was watching the filming of the scene in the hospital where the actress who looked like me watched Kait die. That really hit home.

Dec. Gallegos and Mike Gallagher (the reporter) were interviewed separately, so we didn't interact. But I did give the producer a note to pass on to Dec. Gallegos thanking him for being on the show. He was the only police officer who cooperated.

Sharon

Question: Is Sharon still alive? I read your book and I think that Sharon sort of knew in the hours before that something would happen to Kait.

Poor Kait. I wish you all the best in your search for her killer or killers.

Asked on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 07:38:44 PM
Reply: I don't know anything about Sharon's current situation. I do know she's no longer in Albuquerque.

luck

Question: you should put this case on americas most wanted theyve found thousands of people find the murder...i give you all the best luck and i pray for kaits murder to be found luck and love from my family to yours

-deana,15

Asked on Friday, September 24, 2010 at 06:41:11 AM
Reply: It's a well meant suggestion, but "America's Most Wanted' centers upon one particular suspect. Kait's case is too complicated for them.

Much love from Maritza

Question: I dreamed with Kait and Robin Friday night. When I woke up I realized it was Kaits birthday.

My mother still lives in Albquerque. I return more frequently because she is getting older and I like to check on her to be sure her condition is a good as her voice on the phone.

There isn't a visit that I don't stop to place a flower on my father grave. I make a point to remember Kait, as well.

I will always remember her and stay vigilant for any new information that might come up in a conversation.

My love to you and Don. Let Robin know I think of her often.

Asked on Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 03:12:48 PM
Reply: Bless you, Maritza.

Please, contact me directly and send me your current e-mail address. Mine is loisduncan123@arquettes.com (which is posted on the link on the menu of Kait's Web site, so anyone can reach me that way), but I think the one I have for you may be outdated.

Today is Kait's birthday

Question: Today would have been Kait's 40th birthday.

If her life had gone as planned, she would now be a doctor, married to Prince Charming, mother of four children (two girls and two boys), living in Corrales, New Mexico, owning horses and dogs.

As we do each year on her birthday, the members of our family, scattered as we are across the country, will light a candle at sundown to bring light to her spirit.

Don and Lois (Duncan) Arquette

Asked on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 08:10:03 AM

ABQ Corruption

Question: My husband is an old friend of Donnie's. I am an avid reader and recently became interested in true crime. I've read many of Ann Rule's books. My husband told me I should read "Who Killed My Daughter?" I read the book in two days. I've lived in Albuquerque for 17 years and although the lack of cooperation from APD did not surprise me, it still sickens me. I'm sure you must be aware that Bob Schwartz is a Judge now. I know it may not make a difference, being that I am only one person, but I will NOT vote to keep him on the bench. A DA should seek out justice for victims and victims families, he turned a blind eye. I don't want someone like that making ANY decisions in criminal cases.
It is my sincere hope that someone eventually comes forward so there will be no more guessing, theories and false-truths.

Asked on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 at 11:57:11 AM
Reply: It makes me feel good to know that Kait is not forgotten by friends of her brothers and sisters. Thank you for posting.

Bob Schwartz seems to blow with the wind. When we appeared on "Larry King Live" together he was vehement about his total conviction that APD did a wonderful job and the Vietnamese had nothing to do with Kait's murder. Later, in a private (taped) phone conversation with me, he said the APD investigation was "sloppy." Years later, when he was running for public office, he contacted me to say he'd changed his mind and now thought the Vietnamese may have killed Kait and said he would be willing to meet with us and our private investigator to discuss the evidence we had gathered, (many folders filled with information), but he only had ten minutes to give us. It didn't seem worth it to fly to Albuquerque for that.

Then, once he lost his run for office, he again appeared on one of the national investigative TV shows and stated his conviction it was a
random shooting by the Hispanic suspects.

I don't know what he's like as a judge. I guess it depends on his mood of the moment.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next