Displaying 3641 - 3660 of 5517 posts for this case -- (Page 183 of 276)

What should I do?

Question: Lets say I have a theory, but I am really not sure of who to tell.
Who should I tell?

Asked on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 05:38:26 PM
Reply: You should tell us by private e-mail by clicking the "contact" link on the menu on the left side of the main page. Then we will share your theory with our private investigator who will attempt to get documentation to back you up. Then we can guide you as to what to do next.

Facebook Or Twitter

Question: Do you have a facebook or twitter page? Oh and sorry for the last post, it was a comment not a question.

Chase Bryer

Asked on Friday, December 10, 2010 at 08:37:21 AM
Reply: I do have a Twitter page, though I'm afraid that a lot of the time I forget to "tweet."

I have a personal Facebook page under the name Lois Duncan. It is open to the public, so anybody can visit it. However, only my "Facebook friends" can post on it. I'm trying to keep control of that page, since it IS a personal page, and am only accepting "friends" who are people I know personally.

Somebody has also started a Lois Duncan Fan Club page on Facebook. Anybody can join that, and I try to respond to their posts.

I also have a "Lois Duncan" Web site, http://www.loisduncan.arquettes.com ,for kids who are fans of my novels. That has nothing to do with Kait's case, it's all about my books. There's a message board there, and I respond to all questions.

Shame on you!

Question: This is not a venue for accusations!

Asked on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 at 07:02:23 AM
Reply: Actually, it is. If there is substance behind the accusations.

you did it

Question: i think you killed her

Asked on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 at 06:46:18 AM
Reply: If you have reason to believe that I, Kait's mother, killed Kait, you must immediately report that to the police. Then they will come and interrigate me, which I would welcome. They have never taken a statement from any member of our family.

detective

Question: yes, if the APD thinks that it "belongs" to them then they need to investigate in the case deeper and deeper.

[from,
kaelyn]

Asked on Friday, December 03, 2010 at 05:08:05 PM
Reply: According to (then) district attorney, Bob Schwartz, it is totally up to APD whether or not they want to investigate a case. He told me (in a taped phone conversation) that "It's impossible to force a department to investigate a case once they've lost interest in it."

Maryann Wallace

Question: She retired either last year or the year before. she did work at UNM though.

Asked on Thursday, December 02, 2010 at 06:38:44 AM
Reply: I'm sure our PI can find her if she needs to speak with her again. She's already interviewed her three times.

Maryann Wallace

Question: No. she doesn't.

Asked on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 at 03:23:15 PM
Reply: I have no idea, so I'll allow you to respond to the question below this one.

Maryann Wallace

Question: does she still work with UNM pd?

Asked on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 at 03:18:04 PM
Reply: See post above this one.

Officer Merriman or Wallace

Question: One of those two police officers went on to work for the University Police Dept. Which one? and do you know if they are still working there? Have you ever tried getting a hold of those two at the university?

Asked on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 at 11:08:13 AM
Reply: It was Officer Maryann Wallace who went to work for the UNM police. Our PI interviewed her three times and also interviewed Det. Merriman (now retired.) Their descriptions of that evening were totally different.

Merriman said he told Wallace to get information from Paul Apodaca because he (Merriman) "had to stay with the victim." (He didn't stay with the victim -- he wasn't there when the ambulance arrived.) Wallace said Merriman explicitly told her NOT to take information from Apodaca because he had already done so. She described going to Kait's car with Merriman and Apodaca and how excited Apodaca seemed by all the blood. (She too was gone when the ambulance came.)

Apodaca denies he was there when Officer Wallace arrived. He says he never saw anyone but Merriman.

Unsolved Case

Question: 1. I asked if she got an x-ray for a reason...b/c considering the bullet was said not to have exited then the xray would have picked it up. So assuming there was no sign of bullets or metal fragments in her body then? Im just trying to figure out if there were no bullets at the scene, which could have been covered up by dirty cops, and none found in her body, where could have it gone?

2.Ok so what happened to the call he made and why wasnt wallace questioned? She said she was directing traffic but the medical team said no one was there. So this makes me question why werent those other two first on seen not questioned? They didnt question the man that was already there @ time of accident.

Asked on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 06:04:57 PM
Reply: The medical examiner who testified at the Grand Jury hearing at which the Hispanic suspects were indicted, (charges later were dropped), said there were tiny fragments of bullets at the entrance wounds but "no bullets were found in the body." Which would have to mean that a full X-ray of the body was done or he couldn't have made that statement. It was also interpreted to mean that the two bullets that struck Kait's head were of such a small caliber that they totally shattered upon impact and nothing was left of them.

But go to the photos of the crime scene and look at the size of the bullet hole in the door frame of her car. Was that made by a tiny bullet?

Either two guns were used, or someone at very short range, probably on foot (certainly not bouncing around in a car on a bumpy road) fired two small caliber bullets so close together that they piggybacked to create a large hole.

Neither scenario suggests a "random shooting."

We don't know why the first two officers at the scene or Paul Apodaca, the man who was at the scene when the first officer arrived, were not questioned. Det. Merriman said he called for an ambulance. But there is no record of such a call. Officer Wallace responded to a call of "An accident without injuries." You have all the same questions we have.

Murder of Kaitlyn

Question: I would rather talk more privately about the case. Not that I have any info but am interested in providing new ideas to help you. I have a few questions I need to ask but I don't have Microsoft Outlook. My e-mail address is crimsondragoni@yahoo.com. I will try to access you in a different way just incase you don't see this anytime soon. I am very sorry for your loss and I can definately sympothize with you in more ways than one with the loss of a child and a loved one.

Asked on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 07:46:17 PM
Reply: You can contact us directly by clicking the "contact us" link on the menu.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE DUNG NGUYEN

Question: FROM KAIT'S FAMILY: Since "Dung Nguyen" is one of the most common Vietnamese names, we are being contacted by many women who are involved with a man with that name (or some version of it -- Vietnamese legally can alter their names so the first, middle, and last names are out of order, since that is the traditional culture). These women have doubts about activities their men friends are involved in, and want to know how they can tell if this is Kait's estranged boyfriend.

You will find photos of Dung Nguyen on the Lois Duncan Facebook pg, not the "Fan Club Page", the personal pg. That's open to the public. If you belong to Facebook you don't have to be "friends" to view it. He's now 20 yrs. older. Back then, he had a large mole on his chin, tho by now he might have had it removed. But what he CAN'T have had removed is a scar from a stab wound in his stomach that occurred on the night of Kait's funeral.

Asked on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 04:05:26 PM

Was Dung straight?

Question: The most recent photo you posted on your Lois Duncan face book pg. shows Dung looking quite effeminent. Is it possible the gay community in albq. might have information that would help you? I know several members of APD are closet gays and one of them worked on your daughters case. could there be a link there?

Asked on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 07:46:26 AM
Reply: That's an interesting idea. I never thought of such a thing as a "Gay Community"; I've just considered the friends and loved ones in my life who are gay as individuals in their own right. But since there are such things as Gay Bars and Gay Newspapers, there may well be a gay sub-group of Albuquerque society that I haven't been aware of. If there is, and any of you have contact with members of that community who have knowledge that might help us, please ask them to contact us by personal e-mail. We would be very grateful.

FROM KAIT'S MOTHER, LOIS DUNCAN --NEW PHOTOS

Question: Okay,guys, we're going to do some detective work. We have just gained access to some photos taken shortly before Kait's murder that were in an evidence bag that APD conveniently "lost" for many years. So we now have photos of people linked to Kait's case -- including Dung and Sharon --that we didn't have before. I'm going to post them, one by one, on my "Lois Duncan" Facebook pg. (My personal pg., not my fan pg.) That pg. is open to the public, not just my"Facebook friends." Any of you who are on Facebook can go there and look at them. Does anybody know anything about these people that might be important to us? If so, e-mail me privately at loisduncan123@arquettes.com.

I'll keep posting these photos, so don't just visit the pg. once. Keep scrollng up for the more recent ones. (And don't get lost in all the personal messages from friends and family that have nothing to do with this case but will trickle in there.) Keep scrolling up.

Asked on Friday, November 26, 2010 at 03:01:33 PM

Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: I am so sorry about your tragic loss. I am a student at College Park Middle School, in South Carolina. Our enlglish class read you book Don't Look Behind You, and we are now doing a project on this crime, deciding whether it was a random drive by, or as i believe, something else. For questions or comments you can contact me on email destanycake@yahoo.com

Thank You for your time to read this.
God Bless You.

Asked on Friday, November 26, 2010 at 12:22:50 PM
Reply: Don't just base your project on WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, which was published in 1992. That's a good place to start, but all the new information we've acquired since then is on this Web site. It draws a much different picture than the book did.

RIP

Question: I am extremely sorry to hear about the death of this beautiful woman. My prayers go out to her family. It sounds like to me that the boyfriend and friend had alot to do with her murder. I think they were both in on it. That's why she lied about Kait's arrival time. And why they both had injuries days after.

Asked on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 08:29:12 AM
Reply: We agree. Both those individuals have knowledge. I don't think either of them killed Kait, and I doubt that either of them wanted her killed. But both appear to have been in some way involved in the activities that led to her death. And either could solve this case by contacting us privately with their information.

question of crime scene

Question: Its been many many years since I read WKMD but the story stayed with me and I have always followed Kait's case since your book was first published.

Was it ever conclusively determined if Kait was alone in her car? What about if someone may have been in the car with her--either a known passenger or an unknown one--someone who may have been hiding in the back seat when she got in and drove away from Sharon's that night? Perhaps that person was either the intended target of the shooting and it "went wrong" or Kait was shot by someone who hid in her car to threaten her to keep quiet about what she saw and she instead fought back to protect herself and was shot?

I hope you find a conclusion. Its a very sad story what happened to her and I hope that she receives justice.

Asked on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 11:54:08 AM
Reply: The most frustrating thing about this investigation is that NOTHING has been determined with certainty about the crime scene. It's not impossible that someone was with her in the car, although I think that's highly unlikely. Sharon's next door neighbor has stated that he saw Kait leave Sharon's house that night, and she was alone in the car. The location where she was shot was only about a five minute drive from Sharon's, so there wasn't time for her to stop and pick somebody up. I don't think it would have been physically possible for someone hiding in the back seat to shoot her twice in the left side of the head while she was facing forward. The window on the driver's side was shattered. And there was a bullet hole in the door frame of the car. It would seem that the shots had to come from someone standing outside the car.

i have info

Question: Not about the murder but about the APD coverup. But I don't want to post it.

Asked on Saturday, November 06, 2010 at 04:55:23 PM
Reply: DON'T POST IT HERE! Click on the "Contact Us" link on the menu on the left side of Kait's home page and send it by private e-mail. We guarantee we will keep your identity confidential.

to the last poster

Question: No.... I meant "hmm" as in like, why aren't we finding out more stuff if people are indeed coming forward?

Asked on Thursday, November 04, 2010 at 12:19:45 PM
Reply: You personally are not "finding out more stuff" because I am not posting everything we learn on this Web site. For the following reasons:

(1) We have guaranteed tipsters confidentiality for their own safety. In many cases, revealing their information would inadvertently reveal their identities, because they would be the only people with access to that information. So we would be placing them in danger.

(2) When we receive new information, we don't automatically accept it as fact. We hire investigators to follow up on it and confirm it. If the person being investigated knew that was happening certain things would be quickly covered up.

(3) New information, once confirmed, leads us down new avenues that we want to explore without interference from people who might not want us to go down those avenues.

(4) Some of this new information would affect the safety of people who are not guilty themselves but are in a position to confirm that information, and therefore might be considered threats to the guilty parties. As Kait was.

I agree about informants now

Question: I agree with what Lois says below. I think the break-thru will come from the former wife or girlfriend of one of the cops who covered this up and confided her in a lovey dovey situation. Especially if he's now dead or has walked out on her.

if married, she wouldn't have said anythiing because he would have been thrown out of APD if his wife snitched. If he was a lover she would have been scared of him if she snitched. But if he's a dead husband or lover she doesn't have a damned thing to lose by freeing her conscious of this information.

Asked on Monday, November 01, 2010 at 03:21:43 PM
Reply: There are also such things as death bed confessions.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next