Displaying 3581 - 3600 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 180 of 275)

BCSO & drugs

Question: Go video, owned by fermin Garcia, was a drug den operated by fermin garcia who is a relitive of alvin canpbell (sherriff at the time) fermin & campbells mule was darryl burt'

Asked on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 04:34:52 PM
Reply: Thank you for this input. You seem very knowledgable. Specifically, what connection do you see between these activities and Kait's case?

If you want to contact us privately you can click on the link to "contact us." We guarantee your identity will be kept confidential.

At one time someone posted something on this board about Go Video. Fermin Garcia then, under his own name, posted a threat to have me killed if I didn't delete the reference to Go-Video. (His 3 sons are all cops with APD.)

The reference to Go-Video had been posted at least a year before. He must have found it through Google.

For those who don't recognize the name, BCSO Darryl Burt was a friend of Matt Griffin (the Ninja Bandit) and arrested for a variety of charges including drugs, weapons, sexual assault of young males he stopped in his role as deputy, forcing them to perform oral sex.

Missing Hours

Question: I kind of have a feeling that Kait and Sharon were together during those missing hours. Why would she go to Sharon's house at 9 o"clock when she was supposedly invited to dinner?

I find it kind of strange. If she was chased twice and was scared after the first chase, why didn't she just go back to your house? Would't that be the thing to do if she was scared?

Asked on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:38:46 PM
Reply: Excellent observations. Thank you.

The Missing Hours

Question: On the message board, you wrote: "It also means Kait was chased twice that night, once on her way to Sharon's and again when she left Sharon's at about 10:45, driving in the direction of our house.

The first time they tried to scare her. The second time they got her for real."

Here are some things I am absolutely sure of: If Kait had been chased earlier in the evening, she would have told Sharon.

There is not a teenage girl alive who could keep quiet about that when with a "friend." And I speak from over 30 years of experience as a teacher.

So Sharon would know that she had been chased, and almost certainly whether Kait had any idea WHY she was chased.

That would have been the first point of discussion, whether Kait saw her pursuers or whether she recognized them.

I am also not sure why you assume they just wanted to scare her the first time.

Perhaps there were too many people and cars in the area and they couldn't get the job done the first time. If not, and they did mean at first just to scare her, what changed?

Asked on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 12:10:34 PM
Reply: Excellent questions and comments. We have them ourselves.

Along with another. The truck driver told police (under hypnosis) that he witnessed the chase by the Camaro between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Why didn't the police go straight to Sharon and ask her if Kait mentioned this incident?

Possibilities? (I'll offer a few, but we're open to others):

Might Sharon have been WITH Kait at the time she was chased? The truck driver described seeing a female with long dark hair. Sharon had long dark hair. Kait had short blond hair. If there was someone in the passenger's seat, that's who the truck driver would have seen.

Might Kait and Sharon were out together during those three missing hours, (doing God knows what), which is why Sharon was so desperate to change her story to police to cover those hours?

Reason to believe Kait was first chased to scare her but not to kill her? It was too blatant. Men screaming at her out of the chase car, throwiing a bottle at her car, (why throw a bottle at a car in which you're going to kill somebody?)

Personal opinions of Don and me and several investigators: The Hispanic suspects were not totally innocent. They were hired to scare Kait to make her shut up about what she knew. But, instead of doing that, she left Sharon's and headed straight for OUR HOUSE, where she would have poured everything out to parents who were well respected in the community and would be taken seriously. THAT'S when she had to be stopped.

It doesn't even sound like the Camaro that chased her earlier was at the scene when she was shot. The car that fled the scene was a VW bug. And Kait's car was forced off the road by at heavy car, using the PITT technique. That was neither a VW nor a Camaro. We have three sets of people involved here in three different vehicles.

i hope

Question: where is dung now? did u try to figure out where he is? do you still keep in touch? did you ever talk to dung's friends after kait's death?

i really feel for you, i pray that Kaitlyn rests in peace......

ill always be here to support you

Asked on Friday, March 25, 2011 at 06:15:48 PM
Reply: The last time I saw or spoke with Dung was in the fall of 1989, when I called him over to our house to pick up some of his possessions which we had stored for him in our garage.

When my book came out he moved to the Pacific Northeast. After the dust settled, he returned with a new white girlfriend named Lisa Prulhiere. People who met her have told us she looked very much like Kait.

They had a home together in Albuquerque for a number of years. Lisa had at least one child, but I don't know if it was Dung's. I don't know where Dung is now or if they are still together.

Thank you for caring about us and about Kait.

Who Killed My Daughter book

Question: This is just a comment. I just finished reading this book and I feel for the family of Kaitlyn.

I too have had a near death experience and have precognitive dreams and experiences many times in my life.I also have read tarot cards for friends and family gratis for forty years.

I am very glad that Lois's' love for her daughter kept her searching for answers. She was wise to use people with special abilities to aid her in uncovering the tangled mess.

I see by the update that there was involvement from judges and police. No wonder there was never any headway made in trying to solve the case by working with the police..

What a shame, but why hasn't Dung ever cme forward to tell everything that he knew? He is the one that involved her in the first place.

That strong bond, even after death, was never broken between mother and daughter.It makes me angry that someone is walking around that has snuffed a lovely young girl's life out. elynncurry@yahoo.com

ps when it says please enter the code it should state where the code entry box is located because it is nearly invisible to detect below the code.

Asked on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 11:09:10 AM
Reply: I agree that the bond between mother and child is probably the strongest bond there is, as it starts 9 months before birth and is totally imprinted on both of them before that baby ever enters the world.

I have personally come to believe that the bond transcends the death of the physical body. But I know there are others who would disagree with that, and I won't try to argue the issue. (However, if you ever talk to the mother of a murdered child, I believe she will support my belief).

I'm sorry if the code thing isn't conveniently located. A friend constructed this page for us, and I'm technically challenged and not capable of reconstructing it. Many people do seem to be able to find their way to this message board and post on it, so at least it's working for some. The others can click on the "contact' link and send us a personal e-mail.

Believe it or not, this message board alone is averaging 22,449 hits per month! (Of course, most are readers, not posters.)

Are you sure

Question: about those 3 missing hours? Do you have any proof that Kait didn''t go to Sharon''s house until 9 o''clock other than Sharon''s word?

You know that Sharon lied before, she could be lying about that too.

Asked on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 06:28:07 PM
Reply: We do have reason to believe that Kait got to Sharon's house at about 9:30, as Sharon told Det. Gallegos when he interviewed her on the night of the shooting. A Creamland truck driver, on a timed route, reported to police that he saw a Ford Tempo with a female driver being chased by another car on Lomas in the area of the shooting at about 9:30. The girl was driviing west, in the direction of Sharon's house. That meshes with Sharon's first statement about Kait's arrival time. We know for a fact that Kait left our home at 6:15. So that gives us 3 missing hours. It also means Kait was chased twice that night -- once on her way to Sharon's and again when she left Sharon's at about 10:45, driving in the direction of our house. The first time they tried to scare her. The second time they got her for real.

But what is even more interesting is the fact that Sharon later went to extreme efforts to change her story and convince Kait's dad and me that Kait arrived at her home at 7 p.m., having come directly from a 5 p.m. movie. We know that isn't true, since Kait was at our house until 6:15. She COULDN'T have attended a 5 p.m. movie.

For some reason, Sharon belatedly decided it was important to conceal those three mysteriously missing hours. WHY?

psychics

Question: With all the new information you have, do you still believe in the psychic readings you had? Do you believe that Kait met somebody at the Coronado Shopping Center and the went to the "Desert Castle"?

I am courious if you could find any proof in any of the readings?

Asked on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 12:15:05 PM
Reply: We have found proof in many of the readings. We have yet to determine if that one is true. The fact remeins, however, that there were 3 missing hours in Kait's evening between the time she left our home and the time she arrived at Sharon's that have never been accounted for; that "the shopping Center with a C in it" in which she allegedly left her car to ride with her companion "who had 4-wheel drive" was only blocks from our home; and we've identified a political VIP with drug connections who exactly fits the description all three psychics gave of the man Kait saw involved in a drug transaction. So, that reading has not been DISPROVED.

The Prison System

Question: In regard to the Apodacas and all the other scum bags of this world, the prison system is as corrupt as a lot of law enforcement agencies! But then all starts at the top and trickles down, starting with the U.S. government, unfortunately!

As good as it is to be a U.S. citizen, there are still the evils that pervade all other parts of the world or this planet. God Bless humankind! As I don't see it lasting too much longer. Give it another 100 years, if that. I hate to sound so doom and gloom, but look around. Even the do gooders are not so good in the end.

Asked on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 11:33:06 AM
Reply: I'm afraid I can't argue with that. I wish I could.

paul apodaca

Question: looks like one of many here in ABQ. that are just plain losers!

Asked on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 02:43:30 PM
Reply: But THEY (the participants) are not the losers. Paul Apodaca told the court that he raped his 14-yr-old sister so as to go to jail to protect his brother Mark Patrick Apodaca who was serving time (45 yrs. I think?) for murder.

That little sister was the loser, not Paul. He accomplished his purpose. The judge found him guilty, of course, but said he was not to be confined in the same prison as his brother, but -- very shortly -- they were not only in the same prison but in adjoining cells. WHO ARRANGED THAT?

Paul Apodaca

Question: How can I see a picture of Paul Apodaca?

Asked on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 05:20:28 AM
Reply: It's public records. Go to the New Mexico Sex Offenders Web site, click on Albuquerque and then on Apodaca, Paul Raymond.

Apodaca

Question: My question is, whatever happened to Paul Apodaca? Is he in prison? Is he one of the two Paul Apodaca's on the sex offender registry in NM? Which one is he? Is he still a suspect? I pray for justice of this situation after all of these years of questions. Namaste to you Lois.

Asked on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 06:37:24 PM
Reply: Paul Apodaca has been released from prison. I imagine he must be on the sex offender list, since the step-sister he raped was 14.

Real Crimes website

Question: Which 3 are realted to Kait's?
I wish you the best and hope you find all the answers you are looking for.

Asked on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 12:14:27 PM
Reply: (1) Peter Klunck -- shot by APD officer, Matt Griffin, who is now serving a life sentence for multiple bank robberies and an unrelated (?) murder -- worked at the auto body shop at 824 Arno, where the VW Bug tried to take refuge after fleeing Kait's scene. His killer, Matt Griffin, and Matt's fellow police officers, hung out at that shop and used it for late night parties, gambling, tc. The Vietnamese frequented that shop, (known as a chop shop that dismantled stolen autos, and known for auto accident insurance fraud, and for drug dealing). Matt Griffin has told an investigator that he knew Kait. The owner of the shop stated he knew Kait. Coincidence?

(2) Steve Herrera was living at the same address as Adrian Apodaca, Kait's next door neighbor, (who told police he saw Kait followed from her apartment by a VW Bug on the night of her murder, a statement that appears in the officer's field notes but was omitted from his report), tried to contact our PI, (his number turned up on her answering machine). Before she could call him back, Steve was shot to death. The police chief told the media Steve was found dead in a street with a shotgun next to him. In truth, he was killed in the apartment of an APD snitch, after telling his mother, "They're going to kill me." Steve was a friend of Peter Klunck. And also worked on cars. Coincidence?

(3) Nathan Romero was chased down in his car and stabbed to death by Asian gang members. Det. Steve Gallegos, the same man who was lead detective on Kait's case, was lead detective on Nathan's case. The names of the killers were handed over by their fellow gang members. APD did nothing. Nathan's mother was threatened by them. APD did nothing. Nathan's mother phoned APD, and a captain told her, "We know who killed your son, just like we know who killed Kait Arquette. This is police business. BUTT OUT!" This was the same captain who appeared on Good Morning America to state that the Vietnamese had nothing to do with Kait's shooting. Finally Nathan's mother gathered so much evidence that APD wouldn't look at that her PI contacted the mayor and told him she would be launching a civil suit against the city. At that point, Det. Steve Gallegos quit the homicide department. And arrests were made, although the convicted killers were allowed to plea bargain and are out on the streets again.

I hope all of you will go to realcrimes.com and read about those three cases.

Questions

Question: What did the scar that Sharon have look like if not a dog bite scar?

How is it harassment to contact someone? (Dung and his gf said you were harassing them) I thought you were free to contact whoever you want?

When you moved out of NM was it due to fear of an attack?

Are you sure that the other murders from your realcrime website are connected to Kait's?

Due to the age of the crime and your own personal age do you feel you should get this book out ASAP to get media attention back on the case? Maybe that one person with the answer out there you refer to will conact you once they know you have kept other identities secret?

Asked on Monday, February 28, 2011 at 12:35:10 PM
Reply: Sharon's scar indicates a straight slash about four inches long, with no opposing set of tooth marks.

Legally I don't think it's harassment to contact somebody. But a person can claim anything they want.

No, of course all the murders on the Real Crimes site aren't linked to Kait's case. Only three of them.

Things are happening behind the scenes that I can't post here. Because of them the book is temporarily on the back burner. It won't stay there indefinitely. My age doesn't matter as far as the book is concerned. It's in the hands of my agent and can be published whether I'm here or not.

Tera Chavez

Question: I just want to let you know that the city of Albuquerque agreed to pay $230K in settlement in the lawsuit that alleges Tera Chaves' husband, Albuquerque police Officer Levi Chavez shot her in the head in 2007 and made it look like a suicide.

Chavez is still paid as an officer, but is working for city Animal Control. This partial settlement is just for APD's role.

Asked on Friday, February 25, 2011 at 02:00:52 PM
Reply: Thanks for the update.

Answered by: Kait's mom

dear lois arquette

Question: thank you for answering my question.

This year i checked out your book again and i read on how kait's boyfriend was stabbed supposedly it was attempted suicide.

I wanted to ask you was it ever proven that he did try and comitt suicide or was it that someone tried to kill him?

Asked on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 04:51:31 PM
Reply: The boyfriend stated it was a suicide attempt. Police took him at his word.

However, from what we've been told by experts on Vietnamese culture, two of whom are Vietnamese themselves, to kill oneself violates the first rule of Confucius. The Pious rule is basic in Vietnamese and Chinese culture, unlike the Japanese hara-kiri.

Their belief is that Dung was stabbed by his friends -- or forced to cut himself as part of a ritual -- to punish him for putting the gang in jeopardy by confiding in Kait.

The cut was not deep or life threatening. And how many people, who seriously mean to kill themselves, cut themselves in the stomach? Don't they usually take pills, shoot themselves, or, if they're going to cut themselves, slit their wrists?

Paul Apodaca

Question: On the video about Kait's murder your Private Investigator keeps mentioning Paul Apodaca by name a few fimes. Are you or her not afraid of him that he will come after you? Or is he still in jail?

Asked on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 05:49:33 PM
Reply: Our P.I. didn't provide any information that isn't already in the hands of law enforcement. "coming after" us would not accomplish anything.

Sharon Smith

Question: Hi Lois
Try and get in touch with Sharon.

Asked on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 06:25:43 AM
Reply: Unless Sharon, herself, makes the decision to contact us, (which would be wonderful), it would do no good.

The person to question Sharon should be someone in a position of authority.

Radio Broadcasting

Question: Hi Lois & Family
I've been sitting here listening to the radio broadcast you metioned, very intresting especially the part about Kaits so called friend Sharon Smith.

I posted a comment quite a while ago stating that to my opinion Sharon Smith certainly knows more than she is letting on, not only about Kaits last evening but also about what was going on behind the scenes.
My question is have you had any recent contact with Sharon? Who knows maybe she just might be ready to tell you what she really knows.(Makes you wonder how people can live with denial for so many years)
Contact her as i feel she has your puzzle pieces.
Take Care

Asked on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 03:27:06 AM
Reply: No, I've had no contact with Sharon for years and wouldn't know how to reach her.

But, if she decides to do so, she can certainly reach me through the Internet. My e-mail address is posted all over the place. And she has the name and phone number of our private investigator.

dear lois arquette

Question: when i read this book just last year i have always wondered if the vietnamese letters you found were ever translated and if they were what did they say?

Asked on Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 06:55:32 PM
Reply: The defense attorneys for the Hispanic suspects were able to get copies, but didn't bother to get them translated because they knew there was no evidence against their clients and the case would never go to court. They gave us copies, and we did have them translated, but they didn't say much of interest. Personally, I doubt that APD gave the defense attorneys ALL the letters. They've withheld so much information and so many photos from Kait's case file that they may well have withheld particular letters as well. We'll never know.

ROD

Question: Did he answer Kait when she ask him, "what would you do if I died?". If so what did he say. I understand if you cant answer.

Asked on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 11:18:14 AM
Reply: He thought she was joking. Which is too bad. Because if he had pressured her on it, she might actually have broken down and told him she was scared.

Hind sight is 20/20.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next