Displaying 3461 - 3480 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 174 of 275)

calls

Question: But how did you eventually discover it was the fixer that was called immediately after her death?

Asked on Thursday, November 03, 2011 at 01:30:33 PM
Reply: For years I had taught parttime for the journalism department at the University of New Mexico. Many of my former students got jobs with newspapers or TV stations. They became my "Army." One of those students was an investigative reporter for the Albuquerque Journal. He tracked down the numbers for us.

calls

Question: Who was it that told you local calls cannot be traced? I know for a FACT that is absolutely, unequivocally not true.

Asked on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 at 11:02:39 AM
Reply: A detective with the homicide department at APD.

And an FBI agent told me it was impossible for them to determine the person in California who was called from Kait's department as soon as she was pronounced dead, because the numbers were unlisted.

tally keeper

Question: You have stated you will not publish the follow-up until you have an ending....but has it occurred to you that by publishing what you have complied since would lead you to what you are looking for?
Should you be waiting for your "burning bush" so to speak?
Could you not publish the book as an unsolved murder imploring the public to help and finally give you your ending?
Would a publisher even go there?
From reading past posts your book leads to this blog not vice versa. It seems in this case at least a book is more powerful than a blog

Asked on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 at 08:24:05 PM
Reply: My agent and I are considering a number of possibilities.

post

Question: There was a post buried in here that laid out a very plausible possibility but it was relayed in a manner of someone with knowledge.
It stated Kait was thought to be an informer (which is likely considering her FBI file) and someone was paid $2000 to follow and murder her. Do you remember this poster and/or give credence to such a thing?

Asked on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 at 07:49:47 PM
Reply: It is certainly a possibility and we have been doing our best to check out this -- plus some other very viable scenarios.

suspects and sharon

Question: What is your opinion on the three Hispanic men who were hauled into court? What was their plea and how did they behave in court?
I ask because the only pictures I can find show very strange facial expressions; bewilderment and fear namely.
And do you think the day will ever come when Sharon will find the courage to do the right thing by your family or do you feel in your heart she is too entrenched in illegal activity to ever come forward with the truth.

Asked on Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 09:10:46 AM
Reply: You're asking my OPINION about the Hispanic men who were arrested and then released. My opinion holds no more water than that of anyone else. I never had any contact with them. I have no first hand knowledge.

Information we've received from others makes it appear that those men were set up in some manner by certain members of APD. Accounts vary. One is that they were set up to be arrested and therefore APD could announce the case closed, even though police knew there was no evidence against them and the DA would drop all charges.

Another account is that they were hired by a member of APD to chase and intimidate Kait earlier that evening, but not to kill her. But that chase diverted attention from the real killer(s), who came along one and a half hours after the Camaro was seen to chase a car that resembled Kait's.

Other plausible scenarios have been presented to us. Bottom line -- we don't know. We do know that Juve Escobedo (alleged driver of the hit car) never got a slap on the wrist or spent a day in jail. We know that Miguel Garcia, (alleged shooter), spent a year and a half in jail, and DA Bob Schwartz applied that against the same amount of time Miguel would have spent there for an unrelated crime, so Miguel did nothing more than trade one amount of jail time for another. Yet, once he was released, he was shot in the stomach. (He survived.) We know that Dennis (Marty) Martinez was found in the doorway of his home with his wrist cut. (He survived.) We know that Robert Garcia, APD's teenage "eye-witness," who turned out to have been incarcerated on the date of Kait's murder, was found dead in an alley.

How do these four men fit into this scenario? YOU tell US if you know.

Every night I pray that Sharon will contact us. I don't think she's a bad person. I think she's scared to death.

I have a question

Question: according to your answer to the last post, are you saying that Kait and Sharon went together to the Desert Castle?

Asked on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 02:29:49 PM
Reply: Please re-read my response. I said, "What were the girls doing that night? We don't know."

The Desert Castle was described to us by three psychics, none of whom knew about the others. That makes it seem more than coincidental. But we have no hard evidence that such a place existed. Psychics -- even the best of them -- inevitably make mistakes, which is why their input is not accepted in court. They can get SOME accurate information, but misinterpret it. They are notoriously bad about determining the time when events occur. If there IS a Desert Castle, and Kait visited it and saw a VIP doing drugs, she might have done so the night before she was shot. Or the night before that, when she abruptly left Rod after seeing an early movie with him, saying she "had to meet somebody." This is something we cannot know unless it's substantiated.

What we DO know is that, when interviewed by police under hypnosis, a truck driver on a timed delivery described a car that resembled Kait's being chased by a Camaro, in the area of the shooting, approximately an hour and a half before Kait was shot. And the girl he described seeing (presumably in the passenger's seat, since that was the seat closest to his vehicle) had long dark hair. Sharon had long dark hair, as compared to Kait's shorter blond hair. Sharon insists she and Kait spent the whole evening together. Put all that together and it leads us to believe that Sharon and Kait went out together that night and were together the first time Kait was chased.

That doesn't mean they went to the Desert Castle. Only Sharon can tell us where they went. And Sharon won't talk.

I have a question.....

Question: Dear Arquette family,
I just wanted to first off, tell you all how sorry I am for your loss...I first read "Who Killed My Daughter?" when I was around 12, and it has haunted me off and on, since then. For some reason, last night I wanted to see if Kait's case had been solved and was deeply saddened to learn it has not. Obviously, I have no useful information for you however, I do have some questions if you bear with me.
My first question is: Did Dung know Sharon? I know Kait said she was a new friend, but it appears obvious Sharon chose that location to be near the cocaine shipments being received that the Pier One. Is it possible that Dung was involved in the drugs at Pier One, Kait was the one who would sign for the drugs, and Sharon was placed there by a higher up to keep watch?
or along the same vein, is it possible that Kait and Sharon were involved, Kait went over to Sharon's home the night of the murder, and was set up by Sharon. Maybe Dung had a feeling something was wrong, and followed her that night. He saw what happened, but with his involvement in the Insurance Fraud he really couldn't say anything?
I think Kait might have either blown the whistle, was going to, or was trying to make a clean break and no one could take that chance. I have a feeling those lost hours the night of the murder were probably spent at Sharon's discussing the drugs and Kait tried to run....Sharon calls a hitman, says Kait wasn't at her house and at the movies. Does any of this jive with anything you have learned?
With my deepest respect,
Laura

Asked on Friday, October 28, 2011 at 02:04:25 PM
Reply: Sharon has stated she knew Dung, but only very slightly, (meaning she spoke to him in the parking lot in front of Pier One Imports.) However, it's our belief that she knew him much better than she has admitted, as she was able to tell police the name of his employer and later admitted to having hostessed a dinner party that Dung's employer attended.

One correction to your post -- the drug that was being smuggled into the country through UPS shipments addressed to Pier One was not cocaine, it was heroin. New Mexico is awash in drugs, much of which comes across the border from Mexico. But pure white heroin from Asia is in short supply there and very valuable as compared to the black tar heroin from Mexico.

I don't believe Kait would knowingly have taken part in smuggling drugs into the country. She didn't use drugs herself and was very much against them. But she was ideally positioned to be a pawn in such an operation, because having her in the clothing department at Pier One gave Dung and his friends an excuse to "visit Kait" every day and invade the loading dock and store room.

We don't know what happened in the hours before Kait was murdered. My own guess is that Kait went to Sharon's and picked her up, and they went someplace together and did something that Sharon doesn't want known about. A witness saw a car like Kait's being chased on Lomas Blvd. one hour before Kait left Sharon's to drive to our house. He reported seeing a girl with long dark hair. Sharon had long dark hair. Kait had blond hair. I believe both girls were in the car and the one he saw was Sharon, who would have been in the passenger's seat which was the side of the car closest to the witness. I believe Kait managed to evade the people chasing them and got to Sharon's, let Sharon off, and then tried to get to our house.

What were the girls doing that night? We don't know. What part did Dung play in this? We don't know. Did he follow Kait that night? We have reason to believe that he may have, (perhaps in an effort to warn her?) We do know he was phoning people very soon after the shooting babbling hysterically, ""Kait's dead! They shot Kait!" (He was not informed of the shooting until over three hours later.) So it sounds like he was at the scene and saw it happen.

updates?

Question: Lois and Don,
I have just finished reading "Who killed my Daughter" and I have to say it has touched me deeply. The fact that the Albuquerque police were so inept and covered up so much of the facts in this case speaks alot about why it has remained unsolved. If they had done their job in the beginning and explored every avenue instead of covering things up, Kaits killer could be rotting in jail where he belongs. Along with that waste of existence Dung. If he cruelly loved her he would have spoken up and let Kaits soul rest. I am a mother and can not imagine what your life must go be like. You are both an inspiration of what parents should be to their children, protectors who refuse to let even death stop them from protecting their loved ones.
I know it has been a few years since this book was written. I was curious as to if Rod contacted you? If not, do you think a physic could be of some help in locating him? Also, what ever happened to Dung? Hopefully one day his conscience will get the best of him and he will reveal what he knows. He already had one person suffer and die even if indirectly. It is his duty to eliviate the sufferering of the family left behind. I pray with all of my heart that you receive closer.
Sincerely,
Liz

Asked on Friday, October 28, 2011 at 09:45:35 AM
Reply: Yes, Rod did contact us. If you go to the menu on Kait's main page and click on TALLY KEEPER, you will find an excerpt about that contact.

I don't think Dung felt regret immediately after the shooting, but not enough regret to risk his own well-being by telling the truth. After this much time, I doubt that he feels any regret at all. He's probably blocked the whole thing out of his mind.

Thank you for your kind post and for caring about us.

Pictures

Question: Thank you for your response. However it would be relatively easy to update the site: an individual at your local library could help,Geek Squad, local student, etc..
Putting a face to a name can really jog memories.
I personally think I have had contact with some of these individuals but cannot find pictures online.

Asked on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 09:03:47 AM
Reply: The truth is, I'm too worn out to do what has to be done to find a way to post more photos.

And, while it might be interesting to people like you, I don't think it's necessary for the general public or for the media who visit this site. The FACTS of the case are there if people click on the links. The faces aren't all that important. As you've discovered, cops don't allow access to their photos unless they get careless and post them on Face Book. (They're reluctant to do that with good reason -- somebody they arrested might want to kill them. Can't blame them for not wanting their faces on line.)

Answered by: Kait's Mother

Justice Dept. Investigation

Question: Is it true the U.S. Justice Department is going to instigate an investigation of the Albuquerque Police Department?

Asked on Friday, October 07, 2011 at 05:46:31 AM
Reply: So we've been told.

momentum! :)

Question: It seems like momentum is building with this case now/again. I just listened to yesterday's radio program. I'm so glad your case is getting a new/wider audience.

And I tried to help by posting a message about this case on Albuquerque's craigslist's local news forum, but the message was deleted because it related to murder. I tried. If I think of something else, I'll try it.

Best Wishes, and keep fighting the good fight, Arquette family!

Love,

Val

Asked on Monday, September 12, 2011 at 01:03:13 PM
Reply: You're right. The Internet Media is a force we never imagined back when Kait was killed. You post information on one message board, and it turns up on hundreds of others.

I hope those of you who read this post will send the URL of this Web site to everyone on your e-mail list. That you'll post about it on Facebook and on Twitter. If we keep the ball in motion it eventually will land in the right place.

[Sad in Spokane]

Question: What ever happened to the boyfriend Dung?\r\nI just finished this book today, I just started it today as well lol,\r\nSuch a sad sad story and I pray for answers for the family!

Asked on Thursday, September 08, 2011 at 06:22:32 PM
Reply: When my book, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published, Dung left Albq. and went to the Northwest -- Washington state, Oregon, or some such place. A couple of years later, when the dust had settled, he returned to Albquerque, (can't imagine what brought him back there, since he doesn't have family there), bringing with him a new white girlfriend. People have told us she looks very much like Kait. That must be the type he is drawn to.

Unsolved Mysteries

Question: Kait's UM episode is on right now. 5PM Central time on the Lifetime Network.

Asked on Friday, September 02, 2011 at 03:01:22 PM
Reply: Since it's gone into syndication it keeps popping up at odd times. There we all are, 20 years younger--Detective Gallegos, reporter Mike Gallagher, and me. I wish I'd known then all the things we've since discovered. The show would have been much more interesting and pertinent.

Darren White

Question: is in big trouble now and he had to resign......

Asked on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 01:43:48 PM
Reply: We've been reading about that on-line.

Quoting an Associated Press article from over 10 yrs ago,"E-MAIL CRUSADERS WANT TEEN'S MURDER SOLVED": "It may seem like a strange plot twist -- mystery writers banding together in cyberspace to pressure New Mexico officials to solve the murder of a teenager." This went on to describe Kait's Web site, "which questions the police investigation, accusing officers of failing to question important witnesses. It also suggests a police cover up,”

Darren White, then State Department of Public Safety Secretary, responded,. "I have nothing but the utmost confidence in the homicide unit of the Albuquerque Police Department."

???

Question: When is someone going to do something....this city is going to hell!!!! And the people who are supposed to "protect" are driving the train!~

Asked on Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 05:16:12 PM
Reply: What I'd like to know is whatever happened in regard to the long-buried narcotics report that surfaced in 2004 and documented a DPS investigation to pinpoint participants in New Mexico’s multi-million dollar drug trafficking business. Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White, who had been the DPS secretary at the time the report was issued, denied knowing anything about it.

However it turned out the report was, indeed, prepared by a DPS agent, who was assigned as the state's representative to an Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force, which included the DEA; FBI; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms; the U.S. Attorney's Office; the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department and the state Department of Public Safety. The document detailed drug smuggling and money laundering in New Mexico that spanned 20 years, along with a list of participants that – according to the privileged few who were allowed access to it – read like a “Who's Who” of the New Mexico drug underworld, with judges, lawyers, politicians, sports celebrities and prominent businessmen listed right alongside the state's narcotics kingpins. Some of those dated back to before Kait’s murder.

Governor Bill Richardson asked the state Judicial Standards Commission to initiate an investigation.

What happened to that investigation? We’ve never heard anything about that report again.

Dept. of Justice wants to investigate APD

Question: KOB-TV
updated 8/19/2011 1:17:20 AM ET 2011-08-19T05:17:20
Print Font: +-Officials from the Department of Justice met with families of those shot by Albuquerque police officers and Albuquerque's mayor and police chief. The DOJ is deciding whether to conduct a formal investigation into the recent rash of officer-involved shootings.

Since January of 2010, 19 people have been shot by APD officers and 13 of them died. In addition to meeting with the families, the officers met with Mayor Richard Berry, Police Chief Ray Schultz and community activists. The DOJ is expected to decide whether it should launch a civil rights probe into the deaths. Of the 13 men who were killed, most were young Hispanic men, some were unarmed and some were mentally ill.

Asked on Friday, August 19, 2011 at 07:17:12 AM
Reply: As the post below this one is titled "On and On It Goes."

On & on it goes. What is WRONG with APD?

Question: Officer arrested for bribe with escort
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A 15-year-veteran of the Albuquerque Police Department was arrested for using his position to wipe a prostitute’s criminal history clean in exchange for sex. APD says it started investigating Officer Matthew Kindle, 44, after a former confidential informant told a detective from the VICE unit that she was still being contacted by Kindle about a criminal damage to property case at the Suburban Hotel near Menaul Blvd NE and Carlisle Blvd NE.

The detective says in the criminal complaint it was odd that an officer would contact a suspect several times over a misdemeanor crime. When the detective was informed that it was Officer Kindle, the detective remembered the name because of a 2008 case involving a prostitution case called “Private Ice.” Kindle was believed to be involved but there wasn’t enough evidence to link him to any crimes.

Asked on Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 06:49:54 AM
Reply: As a member the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department's elite Crime Suppression Unit, told his battered wife when she threatened to call 911: "Go ahead and call. How can you break the law when you are the law?"

Mary Han case...

Question: You may already be aware of this case, but her family is planning to go after the APD for botching the investigation of her death. She wasn't a friend of the department, having served as a defense lawyer for many years. It was ruled suicide, but from what the article I'm going to link you to says, even I can tell this was a bogus call. Kinda like the drive by shooting of Kait.

I don't know that this will help you, but thought you should be aware of it.

Asked on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 11:17:35 AM
Reply: Thanks for this interesting information. I was aware of Mary Han's death, and of course aware that she was a strong attorney who often tried cases against APD or challenged their fiindings, but I did not know that her family was charging APD for (malfeasance or misfeasance?). I will follow this on line.

FROM KAIT'S FAMILY

Question: We don't know who you are, but we send our thanks to the person who placed the pink roses on Kait's grave on the anniversary of the shooting.

We do know who left the orange flowers, and we thank you also.

Pink and orange! a wild assortment of colors! Kait would have loved this -- they show both sides of her personality.

Asked on Monday, July 18, 2011 at 02:33:42 PM

Kait's death

Question: wondering which day do you consider her date...cause she was chased on the Sunday night but it all fell apart on the Monday night, in which she hadn't made it.

Asked on Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 03:08:47 PM
Reply: It can be argued either way. The official date of her death, per her death certificate, is July 17, the date on which she was legally declared dead. If we'd kept her on life support an additional day, which we could have done, the death certificate would have said July 18. But she was brain dead, and the organ recipient had already been brought to the hospital by his parents. We decided that, since she had no chance of survival, he needed her heart and lungs more than she did.

Personally I consider her death date July 16, since that was the date on which she was taken from us.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next