Displaying 3441 - 3460 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 173 of 275)

Best wishes

Question: I've been checking this board since I first read WKMD?. Now, I have 2 copies.

My Christmas wish is the same each year - for the Arquettes to learn who was behind this horrible crime and why it was done.

Christmas isn't quite as merry without Kait. New Years aren't as happy.

If you're reading this, person / people behind Kait's death, step forward and confess. If you decide not to do the right thing, just remember - what goes around, comes around.

Asked on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 05:57:57 PM
Reply: From THE TALLY KEEPER:

As the baby of the family, Kait had been the pivot of Christmas, and memories of happier times overwhelmed us.

"Remember when she wrapped up all her old toys and put them under the tree so she would have more packages to open than Donnie?"

"Remember when she baked pies and forgot to put in sugar?"

"Remember when we took her to see The Nutcracker, and she brought the hamsters in her purse so they could see the Mouse King?"

I remember, I responded silently. Oh, yes, I remember.

I remembered the chubby three-year-old, still damp from her bath, who snuggled on Don’s lap as he read her The Night Before Christmas. I remembered the gregarious ten-year-old who sang Christmas carols off key as she lined the driveway with luminarias. I remembered the starry-eyed teenager on the last Christmas Eve of her life, filling a stocking for her boyfriend -- "Dung says they don't have Christmas stockings in Vietnam. I'm going to sneak over and hang this on his door knob so when he wakes up in the morning he’ll know there’s a Santa Claus."
.........................................................

I remember it all just as clearly this year as I did on the first Christmas after her death. No matter how hard we have tried, our family has never again have been able to reproduce Christmas. We just smile and pretend.

FROM KAIT'S MOM

Question: A friend has asked that I post a poem that I wrote the first Christmas after Kait's murder. (see below)

Asked on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 08:03:35 AM
Reply: THE FIRST CHRISTMAS WITHOUT HER

When I was young they used to tell
About a star that shone one night.
It led the Shepherds from their fields
And filled their paths with crystal light.

I loved the tale when I was small,
But now I am a woman grown.
I have walked far on lonely trails
And groped through darkness of my own.

I've learned, I hope, to brave the dark,
Yet sometimes still, when God seems far--
The house is still, the world's asleep,
The night is long and cold and deep--
I like to think about the star.

copyright: Lois Duncan, 1989

Answered by: Lois Duncan

Kait.

Question: I'm reading the book right now.. And so far It's great.. I'm so sorry for your lost.. She was a beautiful girl..-Lysa.

Asked on Friday, December 16, 2011 at 09:31:02 AM
Reply: Yes, she was. Thank you for caring.

did he contact you?

Question: Did Dave who posted below ever send you a private e-mail?

Asked on Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 02:02:47 PM
Reply: When people contact me privately I don't reveal that.

Dave Here..

Question: This is getting very interesting to me. Is there any way possible for you to E-mail me as I have an unusual request and an insight that I don't want everyone to see. And of course some questions. My address is
dar9355@yahoo.com.

Asked on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 11:44:47 AM
Reply: Hi, Dave,

You can e-mail me privately by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the home page. Our P.I. is interested in your observations as well, so I hope to hear from you in that way.

Dave Here...

Question: You are more than welcome, and indeed deserving of any and all help you can get solving this. Let me try to explain how bullets work. There are three factors in firing a projectile. Internal ballistics ( how the bullet behaves as it is traveling down the bore=barrel ) External ballistics ( how a bullet flies after it exits barrel ) & Terminal ballistics ( what the bullet does when it hits something ) It can be extremely complex and confusing considering you have to factor in bullet speed, diameter, weight, type of firearm, ( rifle or pistol ), wind, distance, etc... but basically it\'s pretty easy once you study it a little. Back to the subject...The hole in the door is definitly NOT .22 or even .38. Bullets do strange things sometimes when they hit hard objects. But for a bullet to pass through that door and not be found somewhere in or immediatly outside of the car is very suspicious to me. From the pictures I see the bullet should have ended up in the dashboard. Sometimes this happens and you miss the hole. As painful as I feel addressing the next issue I\'m sure you would want my opinion. The so called fragmented .22\'s that the Coroner says caused death could very well be but not absolute since hollowpoint bullets tend to fragment also where .22\'s usually hold together with little deformation To know the weight of the fragments might answer that question. Do you have access to the Car? Autopsy? Evidence? I hope this wasn\'t too long winded and it shed a little more light...Dave

Asked on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 at 12:22:46 PM
Reply: The car was towed to the salvage yard, and released to us on the day of Kait's funeral, but APD advised my husband not even to look in it, as Kait's blood and brains were all over the front seat and floorboards. He couldn't stand the thought of having to clean it up, get the bullet hole patched, etc., so he allowed them to scrap it. At that point we had total trust in the police when they told us they had done a full work-up on the car, photographed everything, and it was no longer of any investigative value. (With what we know today, of course we would have acted differently.)

The bullet fragments are in evidence, so we're not allowed access to them.

We have the autopsy report and the pathologist's statement to the Grand Jury.

An Observation

Question: Sorry for not answering until now. Concerning your question whether the bullet holes in the car might be "piggybacks" or what is called a "double tap" ( two quick shots @ any range ) is just about out of the question in this case. The diameter of the hole(s) is indicative of a large caliber. Even if it was two shots it would have to be two large projectiles going through the door. So no I believe it has to be a .45 or .40 caliber for sure. You also have to remember that Hollywood paints a very pretty picture when it comes to the prowess of the handgun when in fact to get two holes in one by chance is a fluke, which adds to the conclusion of one shot in door. there are other factors that come to bear when shooting targets but unless someone intentionally was about 6 inches away the odds of the "piggyback" are extremely remote considering the likely inexperience and anxiety of the shooter. God Bless You and hope this explains it a little better. I will check back in more frequently from now on. Dave

Asked on Sunday, December 04, 2011 at 01:58:21 PM
Reply: Thank you, Dave. You're supporting what we too believe. Please read my response to the post below this one to see why your information is so important.

kait

Question: i am so sorry to here about ur little girl . anyway i was wondering why do you think there was no bullets found anywhere ? let god be with you and your family.

Asked on Sunday, December 04, 2011 at 12:19:56 PM
Reply: We can only speculate. According to the medical examiner, the two shots into her head were very small caliber, like 22s, and shattered in her head, therefore could not be found. I suppose that's reasonable.

However, it raises the big question: If the shooter was using a gun with that small a bullet, why is the hole in the door frame so large? It had to have been because it came from a different gun.

And why was the bullet that entered the door frame never found? Our guess is that it WAS found during the second-day work-up. The reports of that second day work-up were turned in to the records department and to the homicide department. They have VANISHED. And APD is now trying to say that NO SECOND-DAY WORK-UP OCCURRED. What are they hiding? It must be the fact that the second-day work-up provided evidence that two guns were used, and therefore the shooting could not have been "random."

kaitlyns poor sad death

Question: i think that some one who was at the chopshop at the time who knew about her didn't want her to tell the cops so the chopshop people ran her off the road and then shot her so she didn't tell anyone about there little secret

Asked on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:51:15 AM
Reply: You're right. That chop shop seems to have been the hub of a lot of criminal activity. It was a well-known hangout for dirty police officers, a number of whom have since been sumped off the force or convicted of felonies, including murder. Vietnamese were seen frequenting that place. The owner of that shop has stated that he was introduced to Kait (at a night club) by Sharon Smith, the last person to see Kait before she was shot. It was one block away from the scene of the shooting.

So, yes -- that business, A&A Unlimited, aka Rocky Mountain Radiator -- at 824 Arno NE, is what's called "a place of interest." If anybody out there has information about that business or the people who operated it or the things that went on there, please contact us.

Banana

Question: I'm sorry for your lost and i hope your ok. Kaitlyn was such a pretty girl. I hope your family is fine and everyone else. I hope the person who did this can imagine how bad and hurtful it was to her and her family. The person who did this should go to prison for eternity. He or she shouldn't be happy or joyful but sad.

Asked on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:50:22 AM
Reply: I'm afraid Kait's family is NOT fine and never will be, as the loss of Don's and my youngest child and of her siblings' baby sister has had a shattering effect on every one of us. Each of us has moved ahead with our lives, as people must. But every one of us is emotionally scarred. I do fine during the day as I write and do volunteer work and run laundry and fix dinner, but in the night, when my defenses break down, I am blasted awake by the sound of gun shots and Kait's voice screaming, "Mother, help me!" I wake up with my heart pounding and it takes a few minutes to realize it was only a dream; then I can't go back to sleep for the rest of the night because I'm afraid I'll experience that dream again.

A victim's loved ones NEVER get over unsolved murders. They just keep trudging on.

death of kait arquette

Question: what did drugs have to do with the killing

Asked on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:36:03 AM
Reply: We can't know for sure exactly what Kait found out, but almost every major crime in New Mexico is grounded in the drug scene. We've learned her boyfriend's friends were, among other things, drug dealers. We've learned that heroin was being imported through the import store where Kait worked. We've learned that Paul Apodaca, the man who was standiing next to Kait's car when police arrived at the scene, was in the area buying drugs from his friend Lee, whose brother was an APD narc. So I think it's safe to assume that drugs were in some way related to this murder, despite the fact that Kait, herself, did not use them.

An Observation

Question: First let me say how saddened then shocked I was to read your tragic story. The only thing I can offer is that I was looking at the bullet hole in the door and I can guarantee you it did NOT come from a small caliber weapon. It looks like a .45ACP or .40S&W. probably a .45...I have been shooting since I was 13 and I know a good bit on the subject. If you have any questions for me please ask, I will respond quickly. My name is Dave Rains I live in Litchfield Michigan and my E-mail address is dar9355@yahoo.com. Keep the Faith and try to stay strong. Dave

Asked on Friday, November 18, 2011 at 02:20:50 PM
Reply: Dave, is there any possibility the hole might have been created by two small caliber bullets piggybacking one on top of the other?

Sharon, your help is needed

Question: If Sharon came forward, she would be coming forward to Lois and her Army, not law enforcement, so she should have no fear of prosecution. \r\n\r\nMore important, Sharon could just send Lois a message with the information. Sharon, if you are reading here, just tell Lois what you know. You can see that she never reveals a source. But what you know could point directly to the people who killed Kait, those who chased her, those who pulled the trigger, and those who gave the orders,. It\'s time.

Asked on Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 07:30:38 PM
Reply: There are several ways for people to reach us. (1) Send a personal e-mail. But, if you set it up with a fake e-mail address, please keep it open so we can respond. (2) Phone our private investigator at National Investigations Agency of New Mexico (NIA/NM), (505) 243-2222. (3) Write to us c/o NIA/NM, PO Box 27187, Albuquerque, NM 87125.

I'm not just talking to Sharon, but to ANYBODY who is in anyway able to help us. If you choose to you can do those things without revealing your whereabouts or giving us a way to get back to you. However, I would hope you would be open to a true conversation -- knowing it will be kept confidential -- and brainstorm with us about how best to use your information because only you will know enough to be able to advise us. Becoming a true part of The Team would allow you to guide us and steer us away from taking steps that might endanger you.

Just please, please, please don't feed us false information and force us to use our few remaining years trudging down blind alleys.

sharon

Question: Would she be completely free from prosecution if she came forward?

Asked on Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 05:49:15 PM
Reply: I'm not an attorney, but I imagine that she would be, since the statute of limitations has run out.

And, no matter what her involvement may have been, we, ourselves, would never instigate a civil suit.

The post below, I was one of Lois's people

Question: I'm one of Lois's people. I provided information and was scared to death about what would happen to me but I knew it was the right thing to do. What happened was just what she said in the post below. Privte investigators took that info and got other people to confirm it and my name was kept out.

Asked on Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 03:51:42 PM
Reply: That's the only way for us to do this. Informants have to feel secure. And they shouldn't have to suffer for providing information.

sharon

Question: How can you protect Sharon if she comes forward?

Asked on Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 08:09:59 PM
Reply: The way to protect Sharon -- and anyone else who is reading this and has information to share and is afraid to do so --would be to make her part of The Team and allow her to direct us. She is the only one who knows who she's afraid of and who can and cannot be trusted. The worst mistake we could make would be to take her information to the wrong person, (which is what we suspect Kait may have done).

Unless she gave us permission we would not give her name to anyone as the source of information. Our private investigator could follow up on what she tells us and find other ways to verify it that would not incriminate Sharon. I would not reveal on this Web site or elsewhere that we'd ever heard from her.

I take care of "my people."

beyond ordinary

Question: I used to go to BO many years ago and I remember seeing members of the bandidos (motorcycle gang) there on perhaps more than one occasion...I thought that rather odd but with information from this site it really makes perfect sense; The outlaw biker gangs make the bulk of their money from drug trafficking, BO was owned by Sharon's uncle with Sharon of course being heavily involved in illegal activity herself.
Who could they have run afoul of that fateful night?

Asked on Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 07:55:59 PM
Reply: According to Sharon, it was her brother-in-law who was part owner of BO, not her uncle.

Sharon's input

Question: Do you feel Sharon is the missing link here and that her input might close things for you? Reading messages I felt that intense frustration on your part on her silence and I wonder why she is not speaking to you or anyone. I hope my putting this out into the universe might touch her spirit in some way to come forward. God bless.

Asked on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 09:32:31 AM
Reply: I do believe Sharon has part of the information we need to get to the truth about the shooting, although not all of it. I do NOT believe she was involved in the shooting or knew it was going to take place.

Obviously, she's not speaking to us or anyone else because she's afraid for her life.

I also believe she reads this message board. And I want her to know that I, too, am afraid for her life, and that any informatiion she gives us, if she chooses to contact us, will be used only after consulting with her about how to use it in a way that will not lash back upon her.

We've got one dead girl. We do NOT want another one. I won't let that happen. I promise.

DEPT. OF JUSTICE INVESTIGATION OF APD

Question: FROM THE ARQUETTE FAMILY: We're posting below an article from today's Albuquerque Journal. (Not allowed enough room to post it here.) When they state that the DOJ is being influenced by "a summary of a researcher’s study that looked at APD officer-involved shootings and other corruption dating back to 1989" (the year of Kait's murder)-- they got that straight from US and from YOU! If any of you have additional info you'd like to give the DOJ, you can send it to Corey M. Sanders, Special Litigation Section, Department of Justice, 601 D Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530.

Asked on Tuesday, November 08, 2011 at 03:00:17 PM
Reply: DOJ Still Deciding On Probe\r\n\r\nBy Jeff Proctor / Journal Staff Writer on Tue, Nov 8, 2011 \r\n\r\nU.S. Justice Department officials in Washington, D.C., have received three inch-thick binders that Albuquerque community leaders say demonstrate a long-standing pattern of civil rights abuses by the city’s police department.\r\n\r\nJustice investigators also have been inundated with telephone calls and video-taped stories from the families and friends of some of the 20 men Albuquerque Police Department officers have shot since January 2010. Fourteen of them have died. The majority have been Hispanic men in their 20s and 30s.\r\n\r\nBut the Justice Department still hasn’t decided whether to launch a full-scale “pattern or practice” investigation into APD, Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Hoses told a meeting of community groups at the Don Newton Taylor Ranch Community Center on Monday evening.\r\n\r\n“I know you want to hear answers, but the decision (whether to investigate) is made by DOJ in Washington,” said Hoses, who heads the civil division of the Albuquerque-based U.S. Attorney’s Office. “Much information has been conveyed to DOJ, and it is under review.”\r\n\r\nHe told the 60 or so people at the meeting, which was hosted by the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Center Task Force on Social Justice for Public Safety, that two investigators in Washington have been assigned to the review.\r\n\r\nIn addition to the shootings, APD has been in the spotlight because of officers posting offensive comments on social media websites.\r\n\r\nThe Justice Department receives police misconduct complaints from advocacy groups, private citizens, news accounts and cities themselves. Federal officials decide whether to start a full investigation by determining if a “pattern or practice” violation has occurred, meaning “police misconduct is the agency’s ‘standard operating procedure’ — the regular, rather than the unusual practice.”\r\n\r\nInvestigations can take up to a year and a half. If it finds there has been a violation, the Justice Department works with the cities to develop a plan of action. If that doesn’t work, the department can sue the city for changes.\r\n\r\nMayor Richard Berry vetoed a City Council bill that called for a DOJ inquiry, saying it wasn’t necessary.\r\n\r\nMonday night’s meeting included personal stories from people who say they’ve experienced “APD brutality” firsthand, families of men APD officers have shot and a summary of a researcher’s study that looked at APD officer-involved shootings and other “corruption” dating back to 1989. Neither APD nor the city was represented.\r\n— This article appeared on page C1 of the Albuquerque Journal

numbers

Question: Unbelievable....is your army still actively pursuing leads?
I am so sorry for you...I am also a mother and this case is beyond baffling and thoroughly infuriating I cannot begin to understand what you have been through and I am SINCERELY hoping for resolution.

Asked on Thursday, November 03, 2011 at 08:52:41 PM
Reply: Yes, Kait's Army definitely is still pursuing leads. And it has grown to encompass far more people than we ever would have thought possible. Private investigators, forensic experts, crime scene analyists, informants (including honest members of APD who share information as long as we promise not to reveal their identities), a handwriting expert, an expert in speech analysis (who can detect lies in recorded or written statements), attorneys, law school professors who use Kait's case in their classes, and many members of the media including investigators with radio shows that are archived on line, all coming forth to offer their help.

Even more incredible is that many of these wonderful people are contributing their services pro bono to other families like ours whose loved ones' cases are posted on our Real Crimes site at http://www.realcrimes.com.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next