Displaying 3421 - 3440 of 5671 posts for this case -- (Page 172 of 284)

MESSAGE FROM KAIT ARQUETTE'S SISTER

Question: YOU

by Kerry Arquette (Kait Arquette's sister)

You who killed my sister
You who know who killed my sister
You who suspect who killed my sister
Are aging.
The day will come when you discover
A lump in your breast,
A swelling in your groin,
Blood in a palm when you cough.
There will be a time when you are told
That a test result showed something
Too frightening to look at directly.
And you will cry out to God.
You will try to make deals
And promise Him anything—
Everything.
If only you are spared.
You had not the courage or the spine
During your life to “do the right thing,”
To lessen the suffering of my family
By speaking the truth.
And now you cry out to be spared
Your own suffering?
Listen.
That is God laughing.

Asked on Friday, January 30, 2015 at 08:19:58 AM

police

Question: Two Albuquerque policemen, detective Keith Sandy and SWAT team member Dominique Perez, were charged earlier this month with the murder of a homeless man by the district attorney, Kari Brandenberg.

Given what happened to Mary Han, an Albuquerque attorney who had an adversarial relationship with the police department, I fear for Ms. Brandenburg's life. The Albuquerque police ruled Han's death a 'suicide ' and refused to look at other possibilities although the death was suspicious. They conducted a perfunctory investigation and called it a day, just as they did with your daughter's case and many others. The department is corrupt enough that people who try to go against them are risking their lives.

Asked on Monday, January 19, 2015 at 08:33:58 PM
Reply: In my opinion the Han case was a shameful miscarriage of justice.

Susan Smith

Question: Ever since I first read WKMD?, my suspicion focused on Susan Smith. I found it ironic that when Lois had written WKMD?, she changed her name to protect her. Now after reading One With The Wolves, I once again turn to Betty\'s reading that \"she\" is gagged and unable to come forward. There are too many circumstances to prove Susan\'s involvement (she knows something) from the canceled check found at the chop shop, to the shaved ice cart strategically placed outside the import store, to her contacting Lois to change her story about the time kait arrived (It was also summer time. What could Kait possibly have to rush home to study for when she was out of school and college did not start until the fall?!). I truly hope that Susan can give up her silence and come forward. It\'s almost as if Kait was a target from the beginning; a pretty, innocent girl who could be manipulated and who could take the fall for the other higher-ups involved in this crime and drug ring. But as it turns out, Kait was gaining the courage to come forward when she was brutally gunned down. As time goes on, it would seem inevitable that those who have information can\'t keep it to themselves much longer. Thank you Lois for writing One With The Wolves. Even though there is not closure, maybe those who read the book will know that coming forward will set them free; that the \"bad guys\" can\'t hurt them anymore if they let go of the secrets they are holding for them.

Asked on Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 04:11:59 PM
Reply: Betty Muench did not identify the "gagged woman" other than to say the woman "isn't Lois." In Sharon's defense per Kait's "studying," Kait was attending two summer school classes at UNM that summer. (However, according to the police report, Sharon told Det. Gallegos that Kait had spent the afternoon studying at the UNM library, so I don't understand why she would suddenly "remember" a test & rush home to study for it). Sharon maintains Det. Gallegos is lying & she never said Kait was at the library. The arrival time--yes, that remains an important issue.I think that what happened to Kait should be proof that having information and "sitting on it," as Kait apparently did to protect her boyfriend, is far more dangerous than revealing it to the right people. The person who knows things & doesn't talk is an on-going threat to the guilty, whereas once the information is revealed that threat is gone. By then the damage has been done, so killing the informant would achieve nothing.

Coincidence?

Question: I found this book in a family member\'s collection in middle school. I have always remembered your book and continue to look for updates on this website. I happened to visit this family member a while back and mentioned that you still hadn\'t found justice for Kait. This person remembers it happening and said that the law enforcement is corrupt. They also mentioned that a girl they used to work with at the UNM library or store (I don't know exactly when but this person has been retired for a very long time) was a \'prostitute\' and would sleep with the \'higher ups\' in albuquerque. They would take the girl to dinner/dates/parties etc. I\'m not sure how much the girl mentioned to my family member but one day the girl did not show up to work and ended up dead. My family member didn\'t seem to want to go into much detail and I didn\'t push the subject but i\'ve been wondering if those \'higher ups\' had anything to do with Kait. I hope to visit again soon and build up the courage to ask and maybe get into more detail.

Asked on Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 10:07:24 PM
Reply: I'm afraid the news of this sad event doesn't surprise me.

To Lois Duncan

Question: Hello, I am currently reading your story about your daughter. "Who Killed My Daughter." I've only read to about page 80, bust so far your book is so interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I know what it is like to go through a death in the family, and with it being my own mother... its hard. Once I read your story about your daughters death I realized, at least I had answers. I hope you get the answers you are looking for very soon.

Asked on Monday, January 05, 2015 at 12:31:59 PM
Reply: I have a lot more hope now that the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute has take on the investigation of the case. That means 2000 criminalistics students and 600 experts in all areas of crime will be studying the case & conducting individual investigations depending upon their fields of expertise.

RESPONSE FROM KAIT'S MOM

Question: I am currently having some technical problems with my computer which prevent me from responding to comments by posting underneath them. So the best I can do for the moment is read them and then use this method to respond. Thanks to you all for your caring posts. To the person who raised the question about renting the car, that hadn't occurred to us before. Although we DID wonder why they didn't rent the car Kait's dad reserved for them & switched to Snappy Car Rental instead. Your explanation is a reasonable one. However, I suppose that Dung, (who was 26), could have rented the car in his name but Kait used her/our credit card to pay for it.

Asked on Sunday, December 28, 2014 at 09:51:55 AM

Hi from AW

Question: Is it reasonable to assume that the woman mentioned at the end of One to the Wolves as chomping at the bit (gagged) might be related to Paul Apodaca? Or a former girlfriend? I'm an intuitive type and this is what came to mind for me. The book was hard to get through, as I was so hoping for some closure for your family, but it kept me gripped until the end. I hope the pieces will soon fall into place in such a way that you might finally have a bit of peace.

Asked on Thursday, December 25, 2014 at 06:49:48 PM

Kaitlin Arquette

Question: Lois Duncan/Arquette - Just a quick background on me first. I have read a couple of your books as a teen, probably 40 years ago now. I for sure remember "Ransom" and probably "I Know What You Did Last Summer" - I came across "Who Killed My Daughter?" in a used book store last week & recognized your name as the author so picked it up to read. I am only half way through it and all I can keep asking myself is "what rental car company (even back in 1989) rents cars to anyone under 25 (26) ?? I searched Google & came across this sight & I have read bits of what has been going on these many years, so I have no idea if this has ever been asked, or if it even has any bearing on the case at all. I just read in the book where car rental reservations were made with Hertz but switched to Snappy...Maybe Hertz was more diligent about the age of their renters? At the age of 26 in 1987 I was able to rent a car from Hertz while on vacation in San Francisco, & I do recall them having age restrictions even then.
[From: Diane Galante]

Asked on Saturday, December 20, 2014 at 01:31:11 PM

night of shooting

Question: I am sorry that all of this happened. I have the same questions you guys do. What does all this mean? Explain.

Asked on Friday, December 19, 2014 at 06:32:34 PM

s

Question: my mom knew your daughter and said she was very bright. And could always make my mom happy. so where going to try our best to help you all out.

Asked on Friday, December 19, 2014 at 04:48:46 PM

The three missing hours

Question: It may be that Sharon told the truth about meeting Kait at 7PM. Kait may have not trusted Sharon fully and after arriving at Sharon's house, lied about being at her parents' and said instead that she was at a movie. that would mean that Kait had left her parents' at 6:15 and arrived at Sharon's at 7. During those 45 minutes, she could have been driving, or at the party and/or called the wrong cop to report a drug operation. She may have realized her mistake after the call and once arriving at Sharon's house, been panicky, insisting to check on the whereabouts of her boyfriend.
After, if we continue to assume that Sharon had been telling the truth, Kait left Sharon's at 10:40 and driven in some direction along Lomas when given chase. The pursuers crashed her car from the back right corner so that it veered into the pole on the other side of the street, then got out and shot her in the head twice and once in the doorway with a different gun. Now ensured she wouldn't survive, they may have retrieved the bullets from the door and from within her head. What Apodaca was there for may be connected with that.
Just giving you the perspective that perhaps Sharon was telling the truth and Kait lied to her about her where she'd been before coming for dinner. Making those three missing hours, possibly only 3/4 missing hour.

Asked on Sunday, December 14, 2014 at 02:29:09 AM
Reply: Problem with those theories is that Sharon told TWO different stories--she told the police that Kait got to her house at 9:30 (that's in the police report) and later changed her story and told us Kait got to her house at 7:00 (that's on tape). Both can't be true. So she lied to SOMEBODY.

And it's physically impossible for a shooter to dig two shattered bullets out of a victim's head.

Murder Motives

Question: Out of the following possibilities and motives, which one would be the strongest, or most likely to happen?

Asked on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 06:58:47 AM
Reply: Drug importation from Asia via the import store where Kait worked; Vietnamese recipients in the store (allegedly "visiting Kait" every single day); Kait's discovery of what was going on and her threat to report it to the authorities; certain rogue cops, protecting the operation, who had "snitches" positioned to take Kait out before she blabbed and who then covered up for those snitches.

Recent Occurrence in Mexico

Question: I read all your non-fiction books first, so when I was assigned by my school to read a non-fiction book with a relevant problem I went straight to \"who killed my daughter\". I was so interested I read \"one to the wolves\" as well. But my point is, this is very similar to what happened in Mexico last week. About 3 gangs who were never seemingly connected murdered 43 students. This had happened before as federal investigators searched where the students disappeared and found mass graves. Apparently the police were selling the students to the gang and getting away with it. what I\'m saying is, all the suspected groups could be involved, but for that to happen there has to be at least one person of authority in the government to cover everything up for them. I\'m so sorry for your loss.

Asked on Monday, October 20, 2014 at 11:42:19 AM
Reply: You're right, it is very similar. And your explanation makes sense.

Answered by: Kait's mom

i think i know! matt sigley

Question: I think it was dung and he went to a restraunt and got drunk with his 2 friends and chased her in a vw bug on the high way. When they couldnt run her of the road dung in front passenger seat fired 2x and it made her go unconisious and made her reck.

Asked on Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 01:53:36 PM
Reply: I don't believe it was that simple. There was too much outside cover-up.

Help

Question: I am a dispatcher from Los Lunas and I do remember seeing the broadcast of this terrible tragedy that occurred so long ago. I would love to help in anyway I can.. Im a pretty good sleuth. I dont know where thing are at this point in this case, but I am willing to help if I ever can.. My gmail is teejn8r@gmail.com and Im on it when Im actually at work..If you know of some way I can help, don't hesitate to contact me. I have been dispatching for over 20 years in this area..some in Santa Fe and some in Bernalillo County..etc. I know a lot about a little or maybe the other way around:).. I read your book, and I feel for your family. God Bless.

TJ Clary

Asked on Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 01:10:22 AM
Reply: Thank you for your offer to help us. You're right--dispatchers "know a lot about a little or maybe the other way around." We have received valuable information from a APD dispatcher at the time Kait was killed. You guys also have connections with people who know about things you may not know about personally. Please, read ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER. There may be red flags that go up for you. If so, you can contact me privately at loisduncan123@arquettes.com.

Dani

Question: Here's the link

Asked on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 01:04:36 PM

Dani

Question: I grew up in Albuquerque. I was to young to remember your daughter's murder when it firts happened but I read your book "Who Killed My Daughter". You are such a courageous mother. I am sure Kait is very proud of you. I graduated hs in 96 from La Cueva so I am a couple pf years younger than Kait. I, like Kait, hung out with some questionable people from some questionable areas in town. Corruption runs deep in New Mexico, especially up north where family is from. I've been reading your this message board and read that Sharon is related to the owners of the nightclub Beyond Ordinary? Is she related to Michael Goodwin? Michael Goodwin opened up a club in Las Vegas, OPM, and then Poetry @ Ceasers Palace. Poetry shutdown. After that, Mr. Goodwin went to work for the Maloofs @ The Palms in 2010. The Maloofs are definitely considered New Mexico vips. Did Kait go to school with the younger Maloof brother? I think they all graduated from Highland High. Here is a link I'm posting about Michael Goodwin

Asked on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 01:03:17 PM
Reply: Thanks for sending the link. I will follow up on it.

Answered by: Lois Duncan

my heart aches for you

Question: Ms. Arquette,

My mother is a high school teacher, so when she introduced me to your books, I fell in love with them. So far, I have only read Killing Mr. Griffin and Stranger with my Face, but I look forward to reading all of them.•

unfortunately, I don't have any information on the case. I sincerely hope you find closure. My heart goes out to you.

Asked on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 12:24:58 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind wishes and for enjoying my books.

Answered by: Lois Duncan

A burning question

Question: Hello Mrs. Arquette,

I loved reading your books through middle and high school. You were, and will always be, one of my favorite authors. While uncovering this website about your daughter, I recalled a question I had while I was reading your book about her. In your book you said that when you met people that you felt like you had already described in your previous books--they were as though your own characters. Do you feel like you, perhaps, harbored some sort of psychic ability?

This has been a question I had always been itching to ask if I had ever gotten the chance to meet you. I would love to hear your response. Also, my heart still aches for your daughter and her passing. She must have been very brave to have endured as much as she did at the age of 18. I truly hope that even today there is a way that her case can be solved.

Asked on Saturday, August 09, 2014 at 12:06:46 AM
Reply: I believe everybody has some degree of psychic ability. Creative people may have more of it than others, since ESP is processed by the same side of the brain that processes imagination and memory. I think most mothers have it in regard to their children, and certainly twins have it. My husband has brothers who are twins. When they were kids, one twin went to camp, fell and broke his arm. At that exact moment, the twin who was at home screamed and grabbed his own arm.

My continued condolences

Question: I\'ve followed this case since I was little more than a child myself and a fan of your books. Kait was only a few yrs older than I, and now I am a 37 year old mother of 4. It just absolutely sickens me that 25 years have gone by without resolution in this case. I watch for updates throughout the year and get sickened every July that rolls around that you are left waiting in the dark. I remember always thinking in my youth that I truly hoped that you wouldn\'t end up like the mother of Amy Billig and pass on before ever having any resolution in your daughters case. I fervently pray that this may be the year that what was done in darkness shall be brought into the full light of justice! Does anyone know the whereabouts of Dung and what become of him in the intervening years?\r\n\r\n May the Creator bless you now & always Mrs. Lois!

Asked on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 01:31:57 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring. That 25 year mark was a difficult one to get past. It drove me into a bout of PTSD, which had me sleepwalking in the night in search of a non-existent phone to call 911. I ran into a bureau and fell facedown on the floor. I'd thought I was pretty well adjusted, but I guess I'm not.

Dung now lives in Southern California. A couple of months ago a reporter for Buzzfeed knocked on his door. A woman answered who identified herself as his stepdaughter and said he wasn't there. The reporter left Dung a note asking him to call him. Dung did not do so.

The Buzzfeed article is at http://www.buzzfeed.com/timstelloh/who-killed-lois-duncan-s-daughter .

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 next