Displaying 3401 - 3420 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 171 of 276)

reaserching your daughters death

Question: After researching the murder of your daughter Kait Arquette , we have found so amny diffferent suspects and notcied how police corruption was happening. Did alot of evidence get lost and overlooked with all this corruption? Do you think that your daughters murderer would of been found if the police were doing their job? Who do think killed your daughter? How did kait get involved with all of this and we saw that you recieved threats after the murder, what were they? T

Asked on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 07:57:46 AM
Reply: 1. Yes, a lot of evidence simply disappeared or was deliberately withheld from Kait's case file so nobody would become aware of it. 2. Yes, we think Kait's killers would easily have been found if the police WANTED to find them. 3. We don't know who pulled the trigger of the gun that killed Kait. We believe it might have been a hired hit man. If so, our big question is: who hired him? 4. Kait fell in love with the wrong man, as young women sometimes do. Through him she learned about criminal activities that she was planning to expose. We believe that's what got her killed. 5. The threats we received after the murder were that the person calling was going to come and kill the rest of the family.

Leads

Question: Have you found any new leads on who the killer might be?

Asked on Tuesday, April 02, 2013 at 09:36:13 PM
Reply: Yes, we have leads. Our problem is that the Albuquerque Police Department refuses to accept any information that doesn't support their "random drive-by shooting" scenario, abd since our information does NOT support that, we have nobody to give it to.

After all these years, the police continue to refuse to interview the man who has a long record of violent assaults on women and was standing next to Kait's car when the first officer arrived at the scene.

Louis Duncan murdered daughter

Question: Why have you never tried asking dung about it again since he says he knows who killed her I know that just by knowing it will give you peace because I read your book in middle school I am now 20 years old and it would give me to your family is in my prayers and I pray we all find out who killed Kati whoever it was will have to answer to god for their wrong doing so its best if they so come clean and ask god to have mercy on their souls even if they don\'t deserve it I\'m wishing your family the best of hope and luck

Asked on Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 07:53:40 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind wishes. The reason we haven't spoken again to Dung is that, if we approach him in any way, he reports us to the police for harassment.

One small step for mankind!

Question: Albq. Journal: Members of the Ellis family wept openly in a seventh floor courtroom in Downtown Albuquerque on Friday as a judge read one of the largest judgments ever leveled against the city’s police department: more than $10.3 million for the unlawful fatal shooting by one of its officers of an Iraq war veteran in 2010.

Lampiris-Tremba’s shooting of Ellis was among the first in a succession of deadly force encounters involving APD officers – several of which are now the subject of civil lawsuits – that added up to the most visible factor in the U.S. Justice Department’s decision last winter to launch a sweeping civil rights investigation of the city’s police department. In addition to the civil probe, there also are several ongoing federal criminal investigations of APD officers. It is unclear which incidents are under criminal investigations.

Asked on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 07:34:51 AM
Reply: The ripple effect, APD Chief Schultz resigns: After nearly eight years commanding the state’s largest city police department, Albuquerque Police Chief Raymond Schultz has decided to retire.

Schultz’ 1,100 member department has been under investigation by the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division since November, and he has personally faced community scrutiny for months after two dozen police officer involved shootings, that left 17 people dead.

Shocked.

Question: Im from New Jersey, and am 24 years old now..but i came across your book when i was like 10 years old in middle school...found it in my school's library...

I read it, and cried.

Randomly tonight...I thought about your story..and come to learn after google search that this case is still unsolved...

It shocks me.

Have you tried to get more media involved to uncover the reasons why the police have corrupted this case? and many others?

I mean Americas Most Wanted...or Dateline....even 48 hours....

I wish there was some way for me to help Ms. Duncan...and bring her family some serious and well deserved closure.
They deserve the truth....they deserve REAL answers....

And I pray to Allah that the family does get those answers....isha allah.(god willing)

--Aashna

Asked on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 01:58:57 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring, Aashna. Kait's case has been featured on any national TV shows such as Good Morning America, Larry King Live, Inside Edition, and Unsolved Mysteries. But now such programs want to feature more recent stories.

The good news is that the Department of Justice is now in Albuquerque, investigating corruption in the Albuquerque Police Department. Perhaps, in the course of that investigation, information will come to light involving those who were behind the cover-up of Kait's case.

Kait and her murder!

Question: Hello, I lived in Albuquerque at the time this happened and I remember reading about the crime. My condolences for your loss. Keep pushing to search for the truth though!! Never let the jerks get you down! I applaud you for doing the right thing!! My experience as a victim as well is that the police really have no ability/skills to investigate any crimes. In addition, they will go to lengths to cover up their incompetence whenever it occurs. There are the obviously those corrupt officers, but I am also under the impression that there are police officers who are like the firemen arsonists as well-creating problems to detract from the real investigations that should be going on which is why your case is not getting the attention it deserves!

Asked on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 at 01:35:15 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting. That's a very interesting observation.

amber bailey

Question: How muchh does yur book cost. \r\nI am doing a research on your daughter for english but I am sorry for your daughter who ever killed her will regreted one day it will come back on him my paw paw beofre chrismas and the dude that kill him saod he had no reason why he killed .

Asked on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 08:48:34 PM
Reply: The cost of the paperback edition of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was $6.99 when it was first released. I'm not sure what it is today, because it's sold on line at Amazon.com, and they sometimes lower the original price. It's also available as an e-book that you can download onto your Kindle or other device. I don't know what that costs. Bottom line is that it's not expensive.

Former New Mexico Officer Myself

Question: I am a former New Mexico Police Officer and I know for sure thta there has been murders, violent crimes, drug dealing ,rape by the cops in NM for decades. No one cares. I was honest and because I was honest it made my job as a cop dangerous and a uphill battle. The FBI doesn\'t care and never did care. It will keep going on and on , it will never stop. It would take military action to stop it. It would take military oversight and Federal Prison to stop it. Guess what folks. that aint gona happen. New Mexico is not much different than old Mexico. Alot of sickos in New Mexico and most of em want a badge or already have one. My only suggestion is vigilanti justice. Vigilianti Justice is the only thing a community has left to hold onto sometimes. I am not saying take the law into your own hands. I am just saying do what your conscience would leave you to do in stopping these outlaw cops and criminals. Peace!

Asked on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 01:21:59 AM
Reply: Thank you for posting your views, based upon your own experience as a former cop. I believe you, because I've heard from so many other good cops expressing the same feelings of fury and frustration over what they see happening all around them yet are afraid to report for fear of retaliation on them or their families.

However, I can't believe Vigilante Activity is the answer.

Your experience -- your novel and Kait's murder

Question: Dear Lois,

Actually the question I had -- are you still among the living -- has been answered by my visit to your website. Wanted you to know that I mentioned you and Kait on an international email discussion group of fantasy writers discussing the topic of writing a novel which then comes true. They were stunned when I told them of your experience. I mentioned it to the meeting or our local writers group this morning also. Glad to see you are still in there fighting! Keep it up!

Sincerely,

Forrest

(I hope you remember me -- I sent you my review of Kim's bio of you. F.) P.S. I have the same email schultz_forrest@yahoo.com.

Asked on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 10:45:14 AM
Reply: Thank you for checking on me, Forrest. Yes, I'm most definitely among the living, and WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? is still in print as both a paperback and an e-book. Thank you for telling your writer friends about it.

Researching law enforcement members

Question: This may have been answered earlier, but I'll ask anyway: With the availability of so much information online, including names and information about law enforcement members and others who were involved in the murder investigation, have you done any research on these people or made any contact with any of them regarding Kait's case? This may be a totally off-base question, but I typed in a name or two and was astounded that these people are alive and kicking on the Internet. I'm sure you know this already. Also, do you know whatever happened to the Apodaca brothers?

Asked on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:42:22 PM
Reply: Yes, we have made attempts to get the help of these officers (many now retired) as well as with the Cold Case Unit at APD. They have been unresponsive. (Although some of their ex-wives & girlfriends have contacted us privately with information learned thru pillow talk). Mark Apodaca is still in prison for murder. Paul Apodaca has been released and is living in Albuquerque. He is easy to follow because he's a registered sex offender. But officers at APD still refuse to interview him either as a suspect or a witness.

Lessons learned

Question: I have prayed for your family often since reading "Who Killed My Daughter". Though I thought of myself as resourceful and knowledgeable regarding our criminal justice system, I learned so much from your book. #1 Trust noone! #2 I will never turn anything over to authorities without first taking a picture or making copies of everything #3 Not to be afraid of seeking help from "alternative" sources i.e. psychics/mediums. #4 Reminding myself that sometimes you just have to let things go before they consume all of you. Thanks for writing this book, I am sure it has and will help many others who unfortunately may suffer similar tragedies. God bless.

Asked on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 at 10:01:57 PM
Reply: There's a lot most people don't know about how law enforcement works. It's only when you're forced to deal with it first hand that you come to realize that it's not the way it's usually portrayed on TV.

Answered by: Kait's mom

a message for those with information

Question: "Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Asked on Monday, December 24, 2012 at 09:43:39 AM
Reply: That couldn't be more true. "Silence in the face of evil is itself evil."

Answered by: Kait's mom

From:porkchopsrock12

Question: To me it sounds like corrupt police that did this I'm not certain or saying to press charges on anyone but I read and it sounds like corrupt police

Asked on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 07:38:22 AM
Reply: Other people have suggested that as well, based upon the size of the bullet hole in the door frame and the damage to the left rear bumper of the car, suggesting that the car was forced out of control by the use of the PIT technique which is taught at police academies.

APD Corruption

Question: I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter and also so very embarrassed at what you have had to go through what with having to conduct your own investigation.

I worked for APD as a civilian for many years and can honestly say that for every public display of corruption, there were many more incidents that were not big enough for the media. Thank you for calling attention to all the corruption. You would think that after 30 years, something could be done. Until APD is made to realize that they are not above the law, I am afraid the corruption and civil rights violations will continue. I pray that changes will be forthcoming now that the DOJ is investigating. [lev]

Asked on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 at 10:54:46 AM
Reply: Thank you for having the integridy to post this. Your statement carries a lot of weight since it comes first hand from somebody who was actually "there" and watched the department in action/inaction during those incidents.

I hope you will have the courage to contact the DOJ directly with your list of observations of corruption that was not considered important enough to make the news. Joline Krueger at the Albq. Journal posted contact information for the DOJ agents directly involved in this investigation, & that's exactly the sort of information they are looking for. I had the contact info on my Face Book page & then inadvertently deleted it. Please, give Joline a call at the Journal or send her an e-mail to get that info so you can follow up on it.

God bless you for being the kind of person you seem to be.

Suing the APD

Question: I'm surprised you can't sue for negligence or something similar since you have enough evidence for that. I assume you've talked to a lawyer?

Asked on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 03:14:37 PM
Reply: We have no desire to make money from Kait's murder. At one point we spoke with 3 prominent attorneys in Albq. about the possibility of a law suit. (All three attorneys had records of successfully suing APD.) We told them our only reason for launching such a suit would be so we could subpoena the information about Kait's case (scene photos, reports of the second day work up, etc.) that was being withheld from us. In order to do that, we'd have to take the case to court. All three attorneys told us "That's not how it's done here." They said people who sue APD always settle out of court with no admission of wrong doing and must sign an agreement that they will never reveal the amount of the settlement or discuss the case with the media.We wouldn't agree to that. So the attorneys, would not represent us. They make their living by settling cases out of court.

Department of Justice investigates APD

Question: ‘We Will Leave No Stone Unturned’

By Jeff Proctor / Journal Staff Writeron Wed, Nov 28, 2012

A top federal law enforcement official says the U.S. Justice Department will “peel the onion to its core” to determine whether Albuquerque police have a systemic pattern of violating people’s civil rights – especially through the use of force.

There also are ongoing federal criminal investigations into APD officers, although Thomas Perez, the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, said in an interview with the Journal on Monday that he could not comment on any of those.

A federal law passed in 1994 in the aftermath of the Rodney King beating and subsequent riots in Los Angeles gives the Justice Department authority to conduct sweeping civil investigations of police departments.

Asked on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 06:35:46 AM
Reply: This is good news, not only for us but for many others. Including the good and honest cops at APD who want the department cleaned up but aren't in a position to do that themselves.

chop shop

Question: You had stated the shop on arno was under surveillance for an unrelated reason; have you ever stated here or elsewhere what that reason was?

Asked on Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 05:39:27 PM
Reply: It was a civil case that had nothing to do with Kait's case.

Schwartz PassedvAway

Question: \"State District Judge Bob Schwartz, a larger-than-life personality who as district attorney was a voice for victims and helped prosecute some of the biggest crimes in Albuquerque history, died Monday at a Rio Rancho hospital.\"

Asked on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 08:57:23 PM
Reply: May he rest in peace.

As the DA who was prosecutor of Kait's case, in 1992 he appeared with me on "Larry King Live" to promote my book, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?.

to SHARON and ONLY Sharon....

Question: Sharon, enough is enough. \r\n\r\nIts about time YOU sac up and tell Lois and her family the truth. I know Lois has defended you every step of the way . I understand why she has. But i dont owe you anything. This bs about being scared is just FAKE! you dont live in albq. anymore, you don\'t associate with anybody anymore. NO REASON ON EARTH TO BE SCARED AFTER ALL THIS TIME!. Really, thats enough of this hiding crap. \r\n\r\nWe all know what you guys were up to at Beyond Ordinary. EVERYONE knew. A famous female local news anchor used to be there every weekend till close. And some well known prominent Attorneys were there, right along with her. \r\n\r\nAnd dont give me this , i dont know anything routine: Last person to see or be with her before she died = YOU HAVE THE INFO THAT NOBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD HAS....SIMPLE!\r\n\r\nSo, ya, theres no evil people hunting you down , no revenge crazed lunatics to hide from ANYMORE! just come clean already\r\n\r\n

Asked on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 04:23:29 PM
Reply: To the author of this post (which I hope Sharon reads and takes seriously): Please contact me by private e-mail & tell me more details about Beyond Ordinary. We'd like to know the names of those attorneys, etc.

stolen videos

Question: Do you think Dung took them? He could easily have copied Kait's keys and he would have known about the videos.

Asked on Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 10:18:32 AM
Reply: That's the most likely explanation we can think of.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next