Displaying 3381 - 3400 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 170 of 276)

Tera Chavez?

Question: Lois- I finished your book "One to the Wolves" and was looking up the case online. I found this link to a message board from 2011 concerning a woman named Tera Chavez. Had you heard of this case? The author of the post expresses an opinion that it could be linked- or at least similar- to that of your daughter. http://www.topix.com/album/detail/albuquerque/OB2BUGVMGI0JGJ14

MaryD

Asked on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 02:37:29 PM
Reply: The cases are not connected. Too many years in between the shootings.

Pictures

Question: Lois have you ever considered posting all the pictures you have(kait&dung, police accident photos,officers involved,etc.)and letting the chips fall where they may? Also I just finished "One to the wolves" and am curious as to why you did not mention the kirtland connection and the officers club? Too inflammatory?

Asked on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 11:41:27 PM

car

Question: And lets face it: only a cop could have pulled off that PIT maneuver as successfully as it was.
I am reading wolves now and i can barely breathe

Asked on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 02:27:45 PM

wolf

Question: I stated this before...the second head shot was done by the person standing at the open, passenger-side door witnessed by the wedding party, whose head was inexplicably turned the opposite direction to avoid positive id. You stated you know his identity. Kaits "blonde and bloodied" head was clearly visible upright on drivers-side, her shoe outside on the pavement. The final, devastating shot was delivered by a police officer. God help us all

Asked on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 02:03:48 PM
Reply: We don't know that cop's identity.

Apparently he left the scene before anyone else arrived. The young woman who saw him there as she passed in a car on her way to her motel, recalls only that he was male and in uniform. She felt no reason to stop because she thought "There's been an accident, and the police are already there. That man's probably waiting for an ambulance to arrive."

cont...

Question: I\'m also looking forward to purchasing \"The Tally Keeper\" once released.\r\nI am still reading \"WKMD.\" If only it were fiction.\r\n\r\nWarm wishes again,\r\nKrissie

Asked on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 03:39:11 PM
Reply: The book that had the working title, The Tally Keeper, was retitled ONE TO THE WOLVES. And it was released yesterday as an e-book. The publisher is Planet Ann Rule. You can go on line to Amazon.com or to Barnes & Noble and download it onto your Kindle or Nook. At this point it hasn't yet been published as a hardcopy.

RIP Kaitlyn

Question: I'm so sorry Lois and Don, for the loss of your beloved daughter.
My thoughts and wishes are with you and I hope that the killer or people connected with this crime will finally step forward.
I just bought the book after reading "Down a Dark Hall."
You're a wonderful writer, Lois.

Warm wishes,
Krissie

Asked on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 03:36:27 PM
Reply: Thank you, Krissy.

one to the wolves

Question: So does this mean you finally have your ending, Lois?

Asked on Monday, July 15, 2013 at 10:15:51 PM
Reply: It means that we have accumulated enough new information so that we feel certain about the reason Kait was murdered and the people behind the cover-up. We don't know for sure (although we have suspicions) about who pulled the trigger(s), plural, because two different guns were used. Since I don't have every fact I need to prevent being sued for libel, I have laid out the facts and will allow the reader to draw his/her own conclusions. I suspect they will echo ours.

Also, I know there are people out there who are haunting this message board and have the information we need to nail this down for sure. I hope, when they read this book, they will realize how important their information is and will contact us. In the book, I've protected our tipsters by changing their names. I will do the same for anyone else to contacts us.

book

Question: will the e-book be available on amazon 7/16 or only Ann's website?

Asked on Monday, July 15, 2013 at 06:59:40 PM
Reply: It will be available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, & other sites where people with popular e-readers get their downloads. However, the publishers are working out a few minor bugs, so I'd suggest you wait a day or so before ordering, to make sure you get a perfect copy. I want to be sure that the credits and dedication are in there.

maryann

Question: i cannot find any picture of maryann wallace...what did she look like?

Asked on Monday, July 15, 2013 at 07:31:15 AM
Reply: She was blond and attractive. Have been told she was "sexy" but have no way of knowing that for sure as we've never met her.

Who Killed My Daughter?

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan and Mr. Arquette,

I just wanted to write because I recently picked up the book 'Who Killed My Daughter?' at a charity book sale and I am in the midst of reading it.

I thought that if I looked online, I would find that the case had been solved, but was disappointed to see that it remains open.

When I saw that I could send a comment, I thought, well, at least I can tell these people that I will pray for them.

May God allow you to be at peace come what may, but never stop working for justice. May you never mistake passivity for peace and I pray to for the persons who committed this crime that they may experience a desire to come forward and make things right.

God bless you both and your family,
Sister Judith Connor

Asked on Monday, July 01, 2013 at 05:48:52 PM
Reply: Thank you, Sister Judith. Your prayers mean a lot to us. Within the next few weeks ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER will be published as an e-book. That story (the working titled was 'The Tally Keeper") will pick up Kait's story where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? leaves off and take readers up to the present day. You will be astonished at the direction this case has now taken.

just a compliment

Question: The book you published \"Who killed my daughter\" Right now i am reading this book and i tell you This is so interesting! Just wanted to leave a comment here. I hope you and your family the best of luck in your future and i am looking forward to reading your other books as well. If we have them here where i live.\r\n -Mary.

Asked on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 02:45:45 PM
Reply: Thank you for reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, Mary. Those who can't find it in book stores can buy it on-line from Amazon.com as either a paperback or an e-book.

And the sequel, ONE TO THE WOLVES (the working title was "The Tally Keeper"), which picks up the story where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER leaves off, IS GOING TO BE PUBLISHED AS AN E-BOOK WITHIN THE COMING WEEK!!! So, please, look for that.

DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU: a link to your experiences?

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan/Arquette,

I apologize, but I have yet to do proper research and was wondering if "Don't Look Behind You" has any connection to the possibility of a hit-man hired by drug dealers to murder your daughter. I found the book fascinating, by the way, and was intrigued by the insight you showed about the Federal Witness Protection Program. This is a subject that interests me to a great extent as I am always fascinated by crime investigation and resolution. As always, I do hope you and your family find closure, peace, and justice for your daughter's horrific passing in the near future. God Bless you, your family, and all those affected by this barbaric event.

All the best,
Elizabeth Phillips

Asked on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 08:51:51 PM
Reply: The only connection DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU has to Kait's murder is that the psychic, Noreen Renier, responded to the question "Who shot Kait?" by describing to a police artist the face of the hired hitman on the cover of the British edition of that book, which wasn't available in the U.S. The resemblance between the face the artist drew and the face on the book jacket (both of which are reproduced in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?) is uncanny. Noreen interpreted this as Kait's message that she was killed by a hired hitman.

The story and the tragedy

Question: Hi Mrs. Duncan,
I have read all your books and when I read Who Killed my Daughter I bawled my eyes out. I didn't get to rad through all the questions and posts, but my question is, When Kait was killed, did the forensic team ever do a really good job of gathering evidence from around her car and from the interior? I am taking some classes right now and that has been the topic for the last couple weeks so I was just wondering. I am so sorry for your lose and that no family should ever have to go through this. I lost my best friend to a drunk and I know it isn't the same but the pain is and it never disapates. I hope that when the killer is caught he pays dearly for the pain that he/she caused your family. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Asked on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 01:40:54 PM
Reply: You've hit upon an interesting aspect of this case, Amanda. A homicide detective confided to a friend of our oldest daughter, (not knowing that young woman knew us), that "a bullet found later, not doing the scene investigation" proved that Kait's shooting wasn't random. That implies there was a second-day investigation by a criminalistics team. However reports from officers at the scene state that no evidence hold was placed on Kait's car and it was towed from the scene directly to the salvage yard. The homicide department is adamant that no second-day work-up took place.

Our P.I. talked to the Ciminalistics supervisor (now retired and living out of state) and he told her that OF COURSE there was a second-day work-up and reports of that work-up were given to the homicide department and the records department. Those reports have mysteriously vanished.

We can only assume that some evidence turned up during that second-day work-up that the homicide department doesn't want people to know about.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend in such a senseless way.

Suspicious Sharon

Question: Hello! I just have a question on why Sharon Smith is not a suspect. In the "Night of Shooting" section in the last paragraph, it reads that Sharon phoned the family to confirm times. It seems to me that she is creating her own alibi...but why would she need to if she was innocent? It also ocurred to me that I think you should be more open about the idea that perhaps indeed she was having some relations with Dung and that she had knowledge as to what was going to occur that night. Because of this, she may have panicked when the time came close, so she called the family to establish a time that Kait came straight home. This is unusual and suspicious to me. I pray that one day the case will be completely closed with all the right information. I just had suspicions and questions myself on Sharon.

Asked on Monday, June 10, 2013 at 01:23:02 PM
Reply: As I said below, I don't know what Sharon's relationship with Dung may have been, if there was one. (She has stated that she barely knew him.) I'm not going to accuse her of something for which there's no evidence. This isn't to say that it isn't possible--all kinds of things are possible--but the police have never considered Sharon a suspect. If anyone out there has any knowledge about this suggested relationship, please contact us by private e-mail. We do have strong reason to believe that she's withholding information because she's told so many conflicting stories, but to date we have been given no reason to believe that she had a romantic interest in Dung.

Answered by: Kait' Mom

Dung

Question: Where is Dung now?

Asked on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 10:46:55 AM
Reply: I don't know where Dung is now. When WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published he fled to the Pacific North West. A couple of years later, after the dust had settled, he returned to Albuquerque, bringing with him a new white girlfriend who people tell us looked a lot like Kait. (We can't help wondering why he returned to Albuquerque. It's not as if he had family there.) He lived in Albuquerque with that girlfriend for a number of years. I don't know if they're still together.

Sharon and Dung

Question: I understand the depths of your daughters relationship with Dung Nguyen were brief but what did you know about Sharon? Did you know if Sharon had an interest in Dung? I have suspicions that Sharon had taken an interest in Dung and which is why Kait could most likely have been going to visit Sharon despite the reasons she said.

Asked on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 10:40:02 AM
Reply: I don't know what Sharon's relationship with Dung -- if there was one -- was, but if a relationship existed, I feel certain it was not romantic.

Incorrect information in Kaitlyn Arquette's Case

Question: I believe the name you have of the girl Kait was visiting that night is incorrect. You have her typed as Sharon, when really the woman Kait was seeing that night was Susan Smith, one of her friends who worked outside the Pier 1 Imports Kait was employed at.

Asked on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 07:12:25 PM
Reply: The woman Kait visited that night was SHARON SMITH. In my book, I stated in the front matter, that I was altering the names of certain people to protect their identities. Sharon was one of those people. In my book I called her "Susan". At that time we did not yet know that she would become a person of interest. On this Web site, we are posting true names.

SHARON SMITH operated the cracked ice cart outside of Pier One Imports, where Kait was employed.

Height of Kait?

Question: Just wondering if it would be possibly to gauge the height of the possible shooter based upon the angle of the bullet holes to the car and the shots to Kait. Seems like if it had been a taller person there would have been more of a angle down. If, as the BCSO report suggests, she was shot after the crash of the car it seems like the shooting would have been done by someone not very tall.

Asked on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 01:32:38 AM
Reply: Not being a forensic expert, I don't know.

researching your daughters death

Question: Hi thank you for answering my questions earlier! You had said that you believed Kaits killer possibly could of been a hired hit man, but well i was thoroughly going through your website i read a review on the bullet holes and the man had said he would bet his life that it was a police offficer. Then i went over the timeline of your daughter last day there was a 3 hour time gap in between when she left your houseand then arrived at sharons house. My hypothesis is that Kait went to a police officer she thought she trrusted and toldhim everything she knew and then possibly this officer was involved and shot her to cover themselves. This was just my guess of what happened I wondered what your take is on it. Thank you, I am praying that Kaits murderer is found and held accountible for their horrific action.

Asked on Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 02:45:27 PM
Reply: What you suggest is not an impossible scenario.

Sorry

Question: Hello Mrs. Duncan!
I read all of your books while In 8th grade and who killed my daughter was the last one I read! I commend you for diligently trying to get justice for your daughter. I pray you do get justice

Asked on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 04:33:22 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring. We will continue to work this case either until it is solved or until our own lives end.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next