Displaying 3341 - 3360 of 5518 posts for this case -- (Page 168 of 276)

questions about the book

Question: Hi Lois,
I just finished Who Killed My Daughter? about 15 minutes ago and had a few questions about it. First, why did the police give up so early in trying to solve the case? Second, do you know what happened to dung, an le, the rest of the people involved in the alleged drug network, and the suspects? I am a teenage girl who read this for english class, and I have to say it's one of the best books I've read in a long time. It was interesting, and I couldn't stop reading it! I am excited to read more of your books. Thanks for writing such amazing books!

Asked on Sunday, October 06, 2013 at 12:36:05 PM
Reply: That you for reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. You'll find the answer to those questions in my new book, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, which picks up where the first bk. left off. We've learned a tremendous amount since that first bk was published. ONE TO THE WOLVES has just been published as an e-book by Planet Ann Rule. You can buy it on-line and download it onto Kindles, Nooks, and other such devices.

the killing

Question: Why did every person that got interagated the they "alleged suicide attempt" but I think it is more then that. I say it is a gang if you talk you get hurt.

Asked on Friday, October 04, 2013 at 05:07:38 AM
Reply: Personally, I too believe that Dung's stabbing wasn't a suicide attempt. Stabbing yourself in the stomach is not a common way to commit suicide.

Dung Nguyen

Question: how old was he when he got stabed by someone

Asked on Thursday, October 03, 2013 at 08:19:47 AM
Reply: I think he was around 26. He survived the stabbing. Which means today he would be around 50.

statement

Question: It could have been a rouge cop.

Asked on Thursday, October 03, 2013 at 08:06:01 AM
Reply: Yes, it could have been.

Recent "random" shooting

Question: Just last week a recently turned citizen, formerly illegally in the US , 15 year old male was shot and killed at Broadway and I believe near Gibson. Broadway blvd, especially between Central to Bridge has always
been the area where drug deals go down. APD knows this. Is it possible that Kait could have been working with the department as an informant?

Asked on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 06:35:41 AM
Reply: There's no way for us to know.

APD

Question: Did you see the NBC Dateline last Friday about Tera Chavez? She was married to an APD cop Levi Chavez and he got off on her murder last month. Also there is the Mary Han case. She was a lawyer that won cases against APD and her death was mishandled. Do a google search and a search on both cases. Go to Eye on Albuquerque and click on the July 2013 posts scroll down and it will give you information on what Levi Chavez did to Tera Chavez and APD's involvement.

Asked on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 08:34:23 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting this. I am very much aware of both of those mishandled cases. Since the DOJ is currently in Albuquerque investigating corruption at APD, those should provide them with additional evidence of how the justice system in Albq. is broken.

Dung

Question: is Dung Nguyen dead

Asked on Friday, September 20, 2013 at 04:48:21 PM
Reply: If so, I haven't been informed of that.

wolf

Question: Will the newest book be available in book form for those of us w/o kindles? I am dying to read it, but unable to afford a kindle. I have been following the story of your daughter for a long time.

Asked on Friday, September 20, 2013 at 12:48:25 PM
Reply: As of now ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, is available only as an e-book to be downloaded onto Kindles, Nooks, etc. However, I'm told that if you go on-line to Amazon.com and visit their ap store, you can download a FREE ap that will allow you to download e-books directly to your computer, skipping the process of buying a Kindle.

Happy Birthday Kait

Question: Wishing you a happy birthday, Kait... in heaven and wherever else you are.

Asked on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 07:23:12 PM
Reply: I thank you in Kait's behalf. "Wherever else she is" is in our hearts.

Have you considered trying Cold Justice?

Question: I read your book, "Who Killed My Daughter" 17 years ago. I am currently rereading it because my daughter (who would like to join the FBI someday)has recently come to me with an interest in mediums. I gave her a copy of your book. I am a true crime junkie. I watch ID on a daily basis. There is a new show called Cold Justice on TNT. I was wondering if you have ever thought about submitting you case to Cold Justice or any of the true crime shows on ID? I guess like many of your fans, I would really like to see Kait's killers brought to justice.

Asked on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:07:25 AM
Reply: Thank you for introducing your daughter to Kait's case. I hope she will also read the sequel, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, which is now available as an e-book, to be downloaded onto Kindles, Nooks, or other such devices.

I'm afraid Cold Justice is not an option for us. Like most such shows, they won't run a story without the cooperation of the investigative police department. The proposal would have to come from APD, and it will be a cold day in hell before that happens.

"Who Killed My Daughter"

Question: I am a student in high school, at Baton Rouge Magnet High School. I decided to read your book for class, expecting it to be any other nonfiction book, lacking in details and many other book qualities I read in fiction books. But your book has rally touched me. The way you wrote your book really made an imprint on me and got me interested in your story. I could never think of mother going through what you have went trough without your daughter. You and your family have been through so much and I cant imagine how all of your lives have been impacted by her sudden death. Kaitlyn didn't deserve to be assassinated. It just wasn't fair at all. But one day, one day in the future, you and your family will be with her again. She's patiently waiting for you all. I hope you all have a blessed life and Happy Early Birthday to your daughter, Kaitlyn.

Asked on Monday, September 16, 2013 at 06:11:27 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring about us and about Kait. I hope you will also read my new e-book, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, that picks up where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? LEFT OFF.

Dung Location

Question: No its the write location, like i said he may not have any of those contacts anymore. Im going of information with an attached photo of him, mole and everything it is him. good luck!!

Asked on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:59:03 AM

Response to post below about suspects

Question: From Kait's Mom: We appreciate your information and have checked it out. Below is what we've been able to document.

Asked on Sunday, September 08, 2013 at 02:09:51 PM
Reply: You've fingered the wrong "Dung Nguyen," (understandable because it's a very common Vietnamese name).

Since 2007, Kait's boyfriend, Dung Ngoc Nguyen, is listed in California, first Santa Clara County and currently in Milpitas CA. with a Jenny N. Nguyen.

The three Hispanic suspects still live in Albuquerque, as you have determined.

Dung's nighttime activities

Question: I was re-reading WKMD? for the umpteenth time, and came across something that jumped out at me -

When Kait's friend Laura (?) and her boyfriend visited her one evening, Dung took off and was gone the rest of the night. Was it ever established what he was doing all night? Suggested possibilities included prostitution or drug dealing.

And did Betty Muench's reading where there was a "fast travel over water" (poorly paraphrased; I don't have the book in front of me) ever interpreted?

Asked on Saturday, September 07, 2013 at 03:24:40 PM
Reply: We never knew where Dung went that night. Or any of the other nights when he was gone from the apartment that he and Kait shared. He just told her he was "out with his friends." That was one reason she started seeing Rod for a movie or coffee. She was lonely.

The reading about traveling "fast over water" has not been verified. We've always assumed it was one of Dung's friends making a fast escape to Vietnam. But that's just a guess.

ALSO

Question: Juve Escobedo aka Jose Hernandez, Miguel Juan Garcia, and Dennis (Marty) Martinez -

All of them are still in Albuqueruqe, Miguel J Garcia is in jail right now. Yeah and its the same one , i know the names are common. Dennis Martinez has been in and out for years, still had the same big hair till recently.

Asked on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 01:28:57 PM
Reply: What about Juve Escobedo aka Jose Hernandez? We've always been curious about him. I don't think he spent a single night in jail after Kait's murder, though Miguel sat there 18 months. A bench warrant was put out on Juve after he was indicted, and although neighbors kept phoning APD to say that Juve was at his girlfriend's, nobody ever bothered to pick him up. It seemed almost like he was a Golden Boy. Do you know what he's doing now and whether he has ever gotten into any further trouble with the law?

Dung Location

Question: I promise same one, not saying how but its the same one. But he may not live there, work there or have same # but it was 1 year ago. Im promising you its the same.

Asked on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 08:21:39 AM
Reply: Thank you for confirming this.

dUNG LOCATION

Question: HE WORKS AT MAY CAFE HIS BOSS IS NAME IS LIAM 980-1171 IS HIS LAST #. 1101 ALCAZAR IS HIS LAST ADDRESS.

Asked on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 09:16:01 AM
Reply: Thank you. We'll check that out. Are you sure this is the same person? Dung Nguyen is a very common Vietnamese name.

Hi, Ms. Duncan...

Question: I forgot to tell you it was Tezi again...LOL Thanks for the eMail, and consider the questions I asked you done. I will be working on the blog and forum this week.

I am rereading the e-book again. I am taking notes this time.

One question I do have is was Matt Griffin ever questioned about Kait's murder that you know about? It just seems strange to me that exactly one week before Kait is murdered, Griffin was arrested.

Asked on Monday, August 26, 2013 at 04:55:39 PM
Reply: Matt Griffin was never questioned by anyone in authority. Our private investigator, Pat, interviewed him when he was incarcerated in Santa Fe. Attorney Michael Bush (you read about Michael in ONE TO THE WOLVES) also interviewed him there. All Griffin would talk about was how he was innocent of the crimes (bank robbery and murder of a witness) of which he had been convicted. His one mention of Kait was, when he was shown her picture, he said he thought he might have met her somewhere, but didn't remember where -- that he liked young girls and had met a lot of them.

You must remember--Griffin could not have been the shooter, as he was arrested one week before Kait was shot. His friends and colleagues could have shot her, but Matt, himself, could not have been that person.

Both Pat and Michael said Matt looked awful. He was missing teeth and apparently had been badly beaten up by fellow prisoners. As you've seen in the picture I included in ONE TO THE WOLVES, he used to be a very nice looking young man.

One of the Wolves

Question: Ms. Duncan,

Again, another thought provoking book about Kait's murder. Of course, once again, I have more questions.

I have sent you an eMail, and will await your answers.

Once again, a job well done. I am sure Kait is so proud of you!

Asked on Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 06:27:52 PM
Reply: Since I don't know who this is, I'll await your e-mail with interest. (Maybe I've already received it and responded.)

ALB cops are animals with guns and badges

Question: I have been beaten and abused bye the APD for almost a decade they beat me whenever they get a chance because since the 90s they have been trying to arrest me lying false evidence doctored statements please contact me any time call me the safe why i dont forget anything especially dirty cops and there habits and faces i see a lot a night 505-659-9984 thanx

Asked on Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 11:28:39 PM
Reply: I am so sorry for the horrendous treatment you've received. Perhaps you ought to leave Albuquerque and rebuild your life in a place where you won't be victimized.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 next