Displaying 3321 - 3340 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 167 of 270)

General questions

Question: The females who were slashed with Ray Padilla, since so much time has lapsed could it be beneficial to attempt a dialogue with them again? Maybe they would talk now?
What about the girl judge Brennan was arrested for assaulting- Marsella Duarte I believe, has Pat contacted her? As his mistress she would have been in a position to know certain things.
And this is going to sound macabre and ridiculous but I think Pat should consider doing a "tour" of pertinent locations around Albuquerque relating to the case with access to her "wall" of info. I know how absurd it sounds but it could really kick things into gear and maybe garner some national focus and we Americans love stuff like that...

Asked on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 at 03:51:19 PM
Reply: Thank you for these innovative suggestions. I don't have any reason to believe that Judge Brennan would have any knowledge about Kait's case. But the girls who were slashed when Ray was -- that's a good idea--although it may be difficult to track them down at this stage of the game. We do have a video of Pat "doing the tour" and are putting it to use though not making it public at the moment.

the cop

Question: It had to be the cop the wedding party witnessed standing at the side of the vehicle everyone else denied being...the supposed collusion between Hispanic/Vietnamese must have been a ruse to simply "scare" Kait, meaning the cop(s) had planned to take her out but enlisted these other groups to do what they though twas merely scare her and then one waiting (cop) showed up to finish the job....the wedding party saw the murderer

Asked on Thursday, March 01, 2012 at 08:25:11 PM
Reply: That is definitely a possibility.

desert castle

Question: The Desert Castle you mentioned in the book always intrigued me...did anyone ever investigate that more thoroughly? Or pinpoint its exact location? If very bad people were using it I wonder if they would find the bodies of others surrounding it whom they buried...people they wanted to get rid of. I always had a very ominous sense of the place.

Asked on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 12:12:02 PM
Reply: We've never nailed down the exact place because there have turned out to be too many possibilities. We've received information from a number of people about VIP-owned, South-Western style mansions in the foothills of the Sandia mountains that were not real homes but were used for money laundering, entertaining visiting VIPs, and drug dealing. Some of those places had private air strips.

I can't post the names of the owners of those places because I'd be sued. But I did recognize those names and, upon researching them, found them all allegedly linked to the drug trade.

I don't believe any bodies would have been buried at such places. Those were places for social and "business" gatherings and allegedly for sex orgies. Any deaths of people who became threats to the owners would have been conducted elsewhere and been staged to look like accidents, suicides, or "random drive-by shootings." They wouldn't have buried bodies in their back yards.

Answered by: Kait's Mother

Medical Examiner

Question: You've consulted a private investigator but have you ever consulted an outside medical examiner? Someone who could interpret things like 22. caliber bullets disappearing where there are no exit wounds. They would be able to tell you with a degree of certainty whether the type of bullets thought to have been used would have shattered and become unfindable. I don't know whether you know about Doctor Jan Garavaglia but she has recently started a show investigation old crimes, she seems like an ethical woman and you might be able to pay for her opinion on the case or someone like her, as long as it was someone outside of the New Mexico office, I wouldn't trust anyone in there.

It might also be possible to find out what ER doctors treated your daughter on the night of the attack and find out what they saw and what they felt about the injuries she sustained. They work a lot of drive by cases and they might have some insight on it. Sometimes things just don't look right, it could be one more testimony that your daughter was not the victim of a random attack and everything helps.

God bless your family, I spent my childhood curled up reading your books without having any idea about this horrific case. Your stories brought me so much happiness as a girl if there is any way I can give back a moment of happiness to you I would gladly do it.

Asked on Monday, February 13, 2012 at 09:51:55 PM
Reply: Good thinking. Yes, we have consulted outside medical examiners, but since Kait's body is long gone, they have nothing to go on except the autopsy report. The bullets had to travel through a pane of glass before striking the target, and may have been made more fragile because of that. The consensus of opinion is that, at a certain angle, if a bullet strikes a bone, it's possible for it to totally fragment. But only if it's a very small caliber bullet. That hole in the door frame was obviously made by a large caliber bullet. Which strongly suggests two guns were used.

The medical examiner was at a disadvantage because he was not provided with scene photos or Kait's clothing, etc., which would have influenced his view of what happened. When our P.I. examined the clothing in the evidence room, she discovered there was no blood on the left side, (the side on which Kait was struck.) Medical examiners now tell us that the fact that all the blood was on the right side indicates that Kait fell immediately to her right after being struck by the bullets, and therefore could not have continued to drive the car another 700 feet.

That fact -- plus the rear-end damage to the left side of Kait's car--seems to indicate that her car was rammed from behind and forced off the road, and she was shot by someone on foot after the car came to rest against a pole.

BEST TRUE CRIME WEB SITE IN THE NATION

Question: An on-line poll conducted by True Crime Book Reviews has named the Real Crimes Web site at http://www.realcrimes.com 2011's "Best True Crime Web Site in the Nation." It's interesting how many of the botched or corruptly investigated cases on that site are from New Mexico, most especially Albuquerque. Kait's case is one of those, but there are many others as well. Hope the Feds see THAT!

Asked on Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 02:35:28 PM
Reply: We are very pleased that the Real Crimes site at http://www.realcrimes.com has received such recognition and hope that every one of you will visit that site and will pass along news of its existence to everyone you know, especially contacts in the media. (Maybe one of those murders occurred in your own area of the country! That will give your local media the necessary "hook" to do another story about it.)

Kait's case is only ONE of literally thousands of murder cases that have not been properly/honestly investigated by law enforcement. Every one of those agonized families who struggled so hard to word their stories for that Web site, (with every allegation supported by documentation, linked to their accounts), deserves justice for their murdered loved one.

Hint?

Question: You've probably already connected this, but I think that the fact that Sharon gave Kait directions to her house seems a little odd, because she was shot when returning home. And according to my understanding, the directions were of getting to her house by a different route.

If my understanding is right, it shows that the murder was indeed planned beforehand, and Sharon was involved. The murderer would have been aware of Kait's whereabouts that night and could have lain in ambush.

(Also Sharon's revelation of the times where Kait was last seen also puts her under pretty high suspicion, as well as that she was a new friend of Kait.)

Wish you the Best.

Asked on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 08:43:04 PM
Reply: Sharon's written instructions for Kait about how to get to her house were reasonable. They constituted a direct route. I have no issue with that.

But the more we investigate, and the more conflicting stories Sharon comes up with, the more I can't help but believe that she was caught up in some web of activity that resulted in Kait's death and is probably living in fear because she knows too much. I do NOT believe that Sharon knew Kait would be killed.

Maybe I'm naive. Maybe I simply liked Sharon the two times I met her and don't want to believe she helped set up the murder. But, the bottom line is, I don't believe that. I think Sharon was "used" by others to achieve what those 'others" wanted and is therefore a victim herself. What we need to know is who those "others" were.

Corrupt police of abq...

Question: Did Kate go to Highland High School? When this happend, I remember some of us going by the scene in disbelief. Such a tragedy.. But I find it awkward that Sharon was the one who introduced her to the owner of the chop shop, she obviously was friends with the crowd that was in that club, which to my recollection contained a lot of Vietnamese .. Awkward that her story was wrong from the get go, the time frame didn't match, and she suddenly left town because she was in fear of her life which tells me that she was involved with the chop shop in some sort of way, and she was or could have been he next target... Nice how she left and Kate didn't stand a chance.. All the restaurants in Abq, specifically Teriyaki Chicken Bowl, until about 2 yrs ago were run by the Vietnamese , and they didn't accept debit or check cards, they only accepted cash, because they were running a money laundering scheme. And they hired all associates from within. Now they have cleaned house, accept debit and check cards, and have totally different staff. I know that because I spoke to a police officer who told me all of that. I found that to be rather interesting. It's all connected. You have rights as a parent, and it doesn't matter how long ago it was, you have a story to tell. I don't know if you have ever been on television, but this is something that should be brought to light, considering all the corrupt behavior within APD at this time. It's a shame you have to do our own detective work, but you will have answers. God will provide you with all you need. I'm so sorry for your sorrow. Dont ever give up. Anne

Asked on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 07:18:24 PM
Reply: Yes, Kait went to Highland. Thank you for the information about the Vietnamese money laundering. If you have any more details you can share with us and aren't comfortable posting them here, please send them by private e-mail.

In the course of our personal investigation, video stores and auto repair shops keep coming up over and over again in one way or another. Even Sharon, herself, prior to moving to Albuquerque in 1989, was a principal of American Video Brokers, a trade name of Seiden Sales Inc. in the Denver area. Go Video and owner Fermin Garcia have been mentioned on this message board, (Garcia has 3 sons at APD and has threatened to have me killed) if I ever linked his name to Go Video . Hong Phuc Duy Van, who claimed the same address as Bao Tran (the paralegal in CA who set up Dung's car wrecks), owned Van's Video in San Diego, which he arranged to have arsoned in Nov. 1989.

All coincidences? Or is there a common link?

Roy Solomen

Question: Are you aware of a man named Roy Solomen?

Asked on Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 06:03:18 AM
Reply: At the time of Kait's death, Roy and his brother Jeff were of the owners of a downtown nightclub called Beyond Ordinary, which was also co-owned by Sharon Smith's brother-in-law, John Smith. We've been told that, for a short time, Sharon's estranged husband, Robert Blake Smith, worked there as a bar tender.

Is there anything we should know about Beyond Ordinary or Roy Solomon that might link to Kait's case?

Dave Here

Question: There is nothing more innocent as a child and there is nothing more wonderful than to be blessed with watching them grow and learn from us. The memories will always be with us. When one is taken from us we are overcome with grief and sorrow. But those feelings are actually the Love you still have, and always will have for her. Take solace in the fact you will be reunited with Kait some day and it will be all clear to us.

Merry Chrismas, I pray for you and your family daily....Dave

Asked on Saturday, December 24, 2011 at 02:00:21 PM
Reply: Thank you, Dave. We are fortunate enough to have been bolsters by the prayers of many caring people like you throughout this very long ordeal, and those have kept us going.

Best wishes

Question: I've been checking this board since I first read WKMD?. Now, I have 2 copies.

My Christmas wish is the same each year - for the Arquettes to learn who was behind this horrible crime and why it was done.

Christmas isn't quite as merry without Kait. New Years aren't as happy.

If you're reading this, person / people behind Kait's death, step forward and confess. If you decide not to do the right thing, just remember - what goes around, comes around.

Asked on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 05:57:57 PM
Reply: From THE TALLY KEEPER:

As the baby of the family, Kait had been the pivot of Christmas, and memories of happier times overwhelmed us.

"Remember when she wrapped up all her old toys and put them under the tree so she would have more packages to open than Donnie?"

"Remember when she baked pies and forgot to put in sugar?"

"Remember when we took her to see The Nutcracker, and she brought the hamsters in her purse so they could see the Mouse King?"

I remember, I responded silently. Oh, yes, I remember.

I remembered the chubby three-year-old, still damp from her bath, who snuggled on Donís lap as he read her The Night Before Christmas. I remembered the gregarious ten-year-old who sang Christmas carols off key as she lined the driveway with luminarias. I remembered the starry-eyed teenager on the last Christmas Eve of her life, filling a stocking for her boyfriend -- "Dung says they don't have Christmas stockings in Vietnam. I'm going to sneak over and hang this on his door knob so when he wakes up in the morning heíll know thereís a Santa Claus."
.........................................................

I remember it all just as clearly this year as I did on the first Christmas after her death. No matter how hard we have tried, our family has never again have been able to reproduce Christmas. We just smile and pretend.

FROM KAIT'S MOM

Question: A friend has asked that I post a poem that I wrote the first Christmas after Kait's murder. (see below)

Asked on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 08:03:35 AM
Reply: THE FIRST CHRISTMAS WITHOUT HER

When I was young they used to tell
About a star that shone one night.
It led the Shepherds from their fields
And filled their paths with crystal light.

I loved the tale when I was small,
But now I am a woman grown.
I have walked far on lonely trails
And groped through darkness of my own.

I've learned, I hope, to brave the dark,
Yet sometimes still, when God seems far--
The house is still, the world's asleep,
The night is long and cold and deep--
I like to think about the star.

copyright: Lois Duncan, 1989

Answered by: Lois Duncan

Kait.

Question: I'm reading the book right now.. And so far It's great.. I'm so sorry for your lost.. She was a beautiful girl..-Lysa.

Asked on Friday, December 16, 2011 at 09:31:02 AM
Reply: Yes, she was. Thank you for caring.

did he contact you?

Question: Did Dave who posted below ever send you a private e-mail?

Asked on Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 02:02:47 PM
Reply: When people contact me privately I don't reveal that.

Dave Here..

Question: This is getting very interesting to me. Is there any way possible for you to E-mail me as I have an unusual request and an insight that I don't want everyone to see. And of course some questions. My address is
dar9355@yahoo.com.

Asked on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 11:44:47 AM
Reply: Hi, Dave,

You can e-mail me privately by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the home page. Our P.I. is interested in your observations as well, so I hope to hear from you in that way.

Dave Here...

Question: You are more than welcome, and indeed deserving of any and all help you can get solving this. Let me try to explain how bullets work. There are three factors in firing a projectile. Internal ballistics ( how the bullet behaves as it is traveling down the bore=barrel ) External ballistics ( how a bullet flies after it exits barrel ) & Terminal ballistics ( what the bullet does when it hits something ) It can be extremely complex and confusing considering you have to factor in bullet speed, diameter, weight, type of firearm, ( rifle or pistol ), wind, distance, etc... but basically it\'s pretty easy once you study it a little. Back to the subject...The hole in the door is definitly NOT .22 or even .38. Bullets do strange things sometimes when they hit hard objects. But for a bullet to pass through that door and not be found somewhere in or immediatly outside of the car is very suspicious to me. From the pictures I see the bullet should have ended up in the dashboard. Sometimes this happens and you miss the hole. As painful as I feel addressing the next issue I\'m sure you would want my opinion. The so called fragmented .22\'s that the Coroner says caused death could very well be but not absolute since hollowpoint bullets tend to fragment also where .22\'s usually hold together with little deformation To know the weight of the fragments might answer that question. Do you have access to the Car? Autopsy? Evidence? I hope this wasn\'t too long winded and it shed a little more light...Dave

Asked on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 at 12:22:46 PM
Reply: The car was towed to the salvage yard, and released to us on the day of Kait's funeral, but APD advised my husband not even to look in it, as Kait's blood and brains were all over the front seat and floorboards. He couldn't stand the thought of having to clean it up, get the bullet hole patched, etc., so he allowed them to scrap it. At that point we had total trust in the police when they told us they had done a full work-up on the car, photographed everything, and it was no longer of any investigative value. (With what we know today, of course we would have acted differently.)

The bullet fragments are in evidence, so we're not allowed access to them.

We have the autopsy report and the pathologist's statement to the Grand Jury.

An Observation

Question: Sorry for not answering until now. Concerning your question whether the bullet holes in the car might be "piggybacks" or what is called a "double tap" ( two quick shots @ any range ) is just about out of the question in this case. The diameter of the hole(s) is indicative of a large caliber. Even if it was two shots it would have to be two large projectiles going through the door. So no I believe it has to be a .45 or .40 caliber for sure. You also have to remember that Hollywood paints a very pretty picture when it comes to the prowess of the handgun when in fact to get two holes in one by chance is a fluke, which adds to the conclusion of one shot in door. there are other factors that come to bear when shooting targets but unless someone intentionally was about 6 inches away the odds of the "piggyback" are extremely remote considering the likely inexperience and anxiety of the shooter. God Bless You and hope this explains it a little better. I will check back in more frequently from now on. Dave

Asked on Sunday, December 04, 2011 at 01:58:21 PM
Reply: Thank you, Dave. You're supporting what we too believe. Please read my response to the post below this one to see why your information is so important.

kait

Question: i am so sorry to here about ur little girl . anyway i was wondering why do you think there was no bullets found anywhere ? let god be with you and your family.

Asked on Sunday, December 04, 2011 at 12:19:56 PM
Reply: We can only speculate. According to the medical examiner, the two shots into her head were very small caliber, like 22s, and shattered in her head, therefore could not be found. I suppose that's reasonable.

However, it raises the big question: If the shooter was using a gun with that small a bullet, why is the hole in the door frame so large? It had to have been because it came from a different gun.

And why was the bullet that entered the door frame never found? Our guess is that it WAS found during the second-day work-up. The reports of that second day work-up were turned in to the records department and to the homicide department. They have VANISHED. And APD is now trying to say that NO SECOND-DAY WORK-UP OCCURRED. What are they hiding? It must be the fact that the second-day work-up provided evidence that two guns were used, and therefore the shooting could not have been "random."

kaitlyns poor sad death

Question: i think that some one who was at the chopshop at the time who knew about her didn't want her to tell the cops so the chopshop people ran her off the road and then shot her so she didn't tell anyone about there little secret

Asked on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:51:15 AM
Reply: You're right. That chop shop seems to have been the hub of a lot of criminal activity. It was a well-known hangout for dirty police officers, a number of whom have since been sumped off the force or convicted of felonies, including murder. Vietnamese were seen frequenting that place. The owner of that shop has stated that he was introduced to Kait (at a night club) by Sharon Smith, the last person to see Kait before she was shot. It was one block away from the scene of the shooting.

So, yes -- that business, A&A Unlimited, aka Rocky Mountain Radiator -- at 824 Arno NE, is what's called "a place of interest." If anybody out there has information about that business or the people who operated it or the things that went on there, please contact us.

Banana

Question: I'm sorry for your lost and i hope your ok. Kaitlyn was such a pretty girl. I hope your family is fine and everyone else. I hope the person who did this can imagine how bad and hurtful it was to her and her family. The person who did this should go to prison for eternity. He or she shouldn't be happy or joyful but sad.

Asked on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:50:22 AM
Reply: I'm afraid Kait's family is NOT fine and never will be, as the loss of Don's and my youngest child and of her siblings' baby sister has had a shattering effect on every one of us. Each of us has moved ahead with our lives, as people must. But every one of us is emotionally scarred. I do fine during the day as I write and do volunteer work and run laundry and fix dinner, but in the night, when my defenses break down, I am blasted awake by the sound of gun shots and Kait's voice screaming, "Mother, help me!" I wake up with my heart pounding and it takes a few minutes to realize it was only a dream; then I can't go back to sleep for the rest of the night because I'm afraid I'll experience that dream again.

A victim's loved ones NEVER get over unsolved murders. They just keep trudging on.

death of kait arquette

Question: what did drugs have to do with the killing

Asked on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:36:03 AM
Reply: We can't know for sure exactly what Kait found out, but almost every major crime in New Mexico is grounded in the drug scene. We've learned her boyfriend's friends were, among other things, drug dealers. We've learned that heroin was being imported through the import store where Kait worked. We've learned that Paul Apodaca, the man who was standiing next to Kait's car when police arrived at the scene, was in the area buying drugs from his friend Lee, whose brother was an APD narc. So I think it's safe to assume that drugs were in some way related to this murder, despite the fact that Kait, herself, did not use them.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next