Displaying 3281 - 3300 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 165 of 275)

question

Question: If Robin hadn't initially consulted the psychic do you think you would have just accepted the claim that this was "just" a dirve-by shooting?

Asked on Monday, May 19, 2014 at 05:08:47 PM
Reply: No. Not once Kait's friends began telling me about the criminal activities Kait's boyfriend was involved in. And then, when I discovered two calls made from her supposedly unoccupied apartment to unlisted numbers in California at a time when Kait had just been pronounced dead and her boyfriend was with us at the hospital--I knew right then that the shooting hadn't been "random". The psychic simply confirmed what I was already sure of.

Keeping hope.

Question: Please know that your family is in my thought and continued well wishes. Keeping faith that Kait\'s case will be solved and your family is allowed some closure. \r\n\r\n\r\nM.

Asked on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 11:48:32 PM
Reply: Thank you for this kind message.

My regards

Question: I recently started researching about kaits tragic death. I believe their is still hope. To all that still keep kaits memory alive, I respect you all. Their is always hope.

Asked on Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 07:10:35 PM
Reply: Our hope lies in our belief that there are still good, brave people in the world who won't allow themselves to be intimidated. When one of those people contacts us with the truth about what happened--who orchestrated Kait's death--and who covered up for the killers and why--then our hope will be realized.

don't ever give up

Question: I read Don't look behind you and then who killed my daughter and was just as surprised as you about the lady that described the picture of Mike Vamp in Who killed my daughter... I am 18 years old and a mother of a 2 year old and i cannot imagine my life without her. I admire your strength and i believe i would do the same or try my best to follow your steps and not give up no matter what. i currently live in Albuquerque NM and I know i cant do much but i offer my help to you in any way possible. I have an inexplicable interest in your daughters story...i am not a lawyer, cop or anything like that and this is why i dont understand this special interest. God knows why he does the things and he is the one guiding me through this message right now. i dont know what it is but any help you need i am here. I will identify myself as veka. Thank you and God bless

Asked on Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 01:10:08 PM
Reply: Thank you, Veka. I very much appreciate your caring.

The Tuesday, July 18,1989 Article

Question: I'm looking for this article for a book report I'm completing , but I can't seem to locate it in the archives. If you could , could you send me a copy of the article or direct me as to where I could find it. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank-you.

Asked on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 07:25:39 AM
Reply: Since you don't give the headline of the article or even the name of the publication, this is an impossible request to respond to.

What will it take for something to change at APD?

Question: I just noticed an article about the out-of-control behavior of the APD.

What will it take to get them to look at what's happening, and what's happened closely enough to see the real problems? My heart goes out to you and your family.
-Jody

Asked on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 02:21:01 PM
Reply: Perhaps, now that they've become aware of the extent of violence and cover-up at APD they will be alert to the fact that there are other problems also. At least, that's what we can hope.

APD

Question: Lois- please tell us you are in contact with the Justice department that is overseeing the investigation into APD corruption. I hope you are and hope that they can finally give you the answers you so deserve! Justice for Kait!- Jennifer

Asked on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 11:36:42 AM
Reply: Yes, we have been in contact with the Justice Dept. throughout their whole investigation. But what they were investigating was narrowly confined to police shootings that took place within the past few years.

Feds Release their report on APD...

Question: http://www.justice.gov/crt/opa/pr/speeches/2014/crt-speech-140410.html

As much as I miss Albuquerque, I can't see moving back there with this kind of thing having gone on for so long. At least now the Feds *know* there is something terribly wrong with the department.

Still praying for your family to get the truth out of them.

Asked on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 02:25:57 PM
Reply: Yes, the Feds now know. And they've expressed their findings. But the effect this ends up having is another question.

dear louis and family

Question: I am a native born Albuquerque resident. I recall the night your dear daughter was murdered. Sadly, our political and police system has been and may still be corrupt and evil. Someone knows who did this I am so sure in the higher levels of the Judicial or APD. I don't know if you heard about the most recent killing involving APD. I just pray you find out sooner then way later.
My daughter died in the last two years and my heartbreak has not stopped.

God be with all your family and I pray light will be shone so the truth will be told.

The Pine family.

Asked on Sunday, April 06, 2014 at 08:45:55 PM
Reply: I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter, and thank you for caring about ours. Yes, somebody at the higher level of APD does know exactly what happened to Kait and the reason for the cover-up. And people at lower levels do too. All we need is for ONE of them to have the courage to come forward with the truth.

Highland Alumi

Question: Good morning Lois, I hope that all is well, I was just wondering if you were doing any more books on Kait? Peace be with you and your family and Kait will always be remembered on out birthday. Love to your family.- Jennifer

Asked on Saturday, April 05, 2014 at 08:42:23 AM
Reply: I don't expect to write another whole book about Kait. However, I hope to add additional chapters to ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILL if/when new events take place.

APD

Question: Did you hear what\'s going on with APD now? Hackers. APD records being released. Thought maybe it\'d interest you. I\'m always thinking of you and your family and frequently checking here for updates. I hope one day your family will have the truth

Asked on Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 02:09:22 PM
Reply: Very interesting. Thank you for keeping me informed.

Trajectory of bullets?

Question: I was trying to find out what the trajectories of the bullets were found to be. As the \"cold-case\" officials have already stated that they feel the shots were fired at close range, knowing the trajectory of the bullets might give an idea of the height of the shooter, and whether the shooter could have actually been standing or sitting down, and if standing, the approximate height of the subject.\r\nWas any powder residue found either on Kait or anywhere on the upholstery or interior? As the glass was shattered, we know that at least one bullet was fired through a closed window, but if residue was found on her or in the upholstery/interior of the car it would indicate that the second wound was fired at close range by someone standing outside of the car.\r\nThe fact that no bullets were ever found indicate that the corruption also reaches the coroner\'s office, and it really would appear that the State\'s Attorney should be launching an investigation into the accounts of ALL personnel of these departments. Who is living beyond their means?\r\n(From: ljmason\r\n

Asked on Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 09:07:59 PM
Reply: Everything I know about the path of the bullets is in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? or my new book, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER. Since the police immediately assumed that Kait was killed by somebody driving past in a car, they didn't seem to find that important enough to concern them. No powder residue was reported to be found on Kait or in the car, but I don't think anyone checked for it, as there's no report of a work-up on the car.(We have strong reason to believe there was one, but the reports that allegedly were given to the case detectives and to the records department have disappeared, and the police report states that the car was hauled from the scene directly to the wrecking company.)

The coroner's explanation for why no bullets were found was that the bullets must have been of such a small caliber that they shattered in her head and were swept away in her blood stream.

The State Attorney General had no interest in Kait's case. We made an appointment to meet with him, and he stood us up.

There is no way for us to know who was living beyond their means. We didn't have access to personal information about anybody. The average citizen is totally helpless when it comes to dealing with the bureaucracy.

Highland Alumi

Question: Dear Lois,
My name is Jennifer Weitzel, went by Jennifer Stamper then. Just got done reading the first book and couldn't put it down..I was in my sophomore year when Kait was a senior here. So I am sorry I never knew her.. though probably passed her in the Senior halls as I had to pass through there alot! But I about fell of the elliptical when I can to the last page of the book saying her birthday. September 18, is my birthday, I turned 19 when she would of been 21! Each of us should of been celebrating a moment in time that was a pass into adulthood. I am just sorry she never got to celebrate it. I haven't read the second book as of yet, just started it today. But I was compelled to make sure you were alright. Not knowing Kait, but I got to know her through your words and I know she was someone warm and supportive. Thanks for sharing her with us, and peace be with you and your family!

Asked on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 09:08:22 AM
Reply: Thank you for this kind message, Jennifer. And--when the BIG N-DAY COMES for both you and Kait)--wherever you each may be, I send love and delight that both of you were born.

Getting your daughter's case back [From: Allison]

Question: Hello, Mrs. Duncan.

My name is Allison, and I am a 17 year-old (almost 18) girl. I have read Who Killed My Daughter?but, I have not read the sequel yet. I am possibly considering politics or law (lawyer) as a career, and if I do, I promise that I will NEVER forget your daughter's case and will actively try to help assist you. I don't know if this is possible, but have you ever thought of sueing the police to either get them to release the case so someone else could investigate or to get them to actively resume investigating the possibilities of the Vietnamese connections? Again, I don't know of it is possible, but have you considered going to the FBI or CSI about investigating the APD to see if there are corrupt cops? My email is mellamosofia362@yahoo.com (it's not one of my more used ones because I don't want to put that on here). I honestly want to be able to do something to help you. My boyfriend is going to college to become a Police Officer, and this intrigues me. I am so sorry for your loss, but I am also incredibly sorry for the way you have been treated by our Justice System. That is unacceptable. I hope you take me seriously and that someday I will be able to help you. Also, (sorry for the afterthought) it's just occurred to me that maybe you should speak to a politician, I don't know why, but I get the feeling that maybe they could also help. Powerful people can force the government to work the way they should have been.

Sincerely,

Allison
mellamosofia362@yahoo.com

Asked on Saturday, March 08, 2014 at 02:33:30 PM
Reply: Allison, once you read ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, you will have a deeper understanding of the many people we have reached out to ad what has kept us so helpless. However, the good news is that the Department of Justice is currently in Albuquerque, investigating corruption in the police department. We pray this is not a token gesture.

We're grateful to know that people like you are willing to invest yourselves in the cause of justice. God bless you and others like you.

Saddened by the loss

Question: My name is Steven Coates and I was a member of the Highland class of '89 also.
I admit I didn't know Kait well, we shared a couple of classes over the years, but I remember her as fun and very well liked. I was shocked to find out she had been killed so soon after graduation. I had moved to Phoenix shortly before her death so I did not see it in the news. I hope that her killer(s) are found and you get to have that closure.

Asked on Friday, March 07, 2014 at 07:36:18 AM
Reply: Thank you for your kind post, Steven, and for remembering Kait and liking her. That means a lot to me.

audiobook

Question: Hi Lois,
I just finished the audio version of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? Just out of curiosity - were you involved in the process of recording the audiobook? Why didn't you want to be the one to read the story? I would imagine it would be very difficult. Certainly no complaints - the woman who DID read the book was great. I know some authors will read their own books, especially when they are nonfiction like this, so I was just wondering if you considered it or not.

Again, no complaints! It was extremely interesting to listen to on my long commute! About to start ONE TO THE WOLVES on my kindle.

Asked on Thursday, March 06, 2014 at 12:37:27 PM
Reply: No, I was not involved in the audio version of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. In fact, I didn't even know there WAS an audio version. I've never heard it.

If I'd been asked to read the story, I might have considered doing so. However, I probably wouldn't have read it as well as a professional reader. Reading a long book out loud at just the right tempo and with all the right expression, never coughing or having your voice get husky, is much harder than one might think.

Hello

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I have been reading your books as long as I can remember, and yet I only recently came across your book about Kaitlyn. I just felt compelled to tell you how sorry I am for all you have been through, and let you know that you and my family have been in my prayers. Holly Bogue

Asked on Monday, March 03, 2014 at 08:07:36 AM
Reply: Thank you, Holly.

In support of a mother (Lois) from Kelly

Question: I have an interest in the genre of true crime, which is how I read your first book. I have since purchased the second book and have deduced from these websites that the crime still remains unsolved (at least publicly). I am so sorry that this has happened to your family, and to all of the other families you have helped publicize. The truth will come out. Keep the faith.

Asked on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:43:46 PM
Reply: With the help of outside investigators, we have reached some conclusions about the reason for the murder and some of the people involved in the event and in the cover-up. But there still are things that we don't know. Which is the reason for this Web site--it gives people with information a way to get in touch with us.

Team Kait!

Question: I have started "Who Killed My Daughter?" and can't wait to finish it so I can start "One to the Wolves." I'm a PhD student in political science, so this whole story is fascinating to me because of the criminal justice system/political connections. However, it is even more interesting to me on a personal level. As I am reading I keep thinking - was this bad judgment on her part? What would I have done? Kait seemed so wonderful. The fact that she was involved with less than stellar people does not reflect poorly on her - it means that she was kind, loving, and not judgmental. She truly saw the best in people and thought she could help them. Although this is what ultimately ended her life, you should be a proud mother to have raised such a kind daughter who stayed true to herself until the very end.

I'm so sorry for your loss and all of the frustration since then. I am one of those people who believes everything happens for a reason. Although her life was short, I think it will bring a lot of good to a lot of people. I truly think this case will be solved and will expose a lot of corruption and illegal activity - it might not be the same as helping people through being a doctor or a humanitarian, but I think Kait's life will help more people than she ever imagined.

Asked on Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 02:26:42 PM
Reply: What a kind note! Thank you.

Yes, it was bad judgment on Kait's part. But, remember, she was a teenager, & teenage girls are notorious for having bad judgment when they fall in love. Also, as you say, she always saw the best in people and prided herself on being a friend to the underdogs. You're also right about her short life having affected a lot of people (starting with the young man who received her heart and lungs).

Questions

Question: I heard that she had been shot twice in the head and would put in my blog and I would like to ask you some questions?

1) Were you shocked that your daughter was shot?
2) Did you ever think about often?
3) In your book, "Who Killed My Daughter" was it hard to let your child go?
4) Did you think that Dung plotted the murder or other people around Kait?
5) Do you believe Dung or the police during the investigation?
6) Do you think the Mexicans or the Vietnamese want drugs?

Asked on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 05:17:25 PM
Reply: If you've read either WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? or ONE TO THE WOLVES, you know the answers to those questions. Of course I was shocked she was shot. Yes, I think about her often. Yes, it was hard to let her go. I don't think Dung, himself, plotted the murder. I believe he thought she was only going to be chased and terrorized in order to force her to keep her mouth shut about illegal activities he and his friends were involved in. Dung lied when he was questioned by police; the police did not conduct an honest investigation; so I don't trust any of them. Yes, the Mexicans and Vietnamese were all involved in drugs.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next