Displaying 3261 - 3280 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 164 of 270)

just a compliment

Question: The book you published \"Who killed my daughter\" Right now i am reading this book and i tell you This is so interesting! Just wanted to leave a comment here. I hope you and your family the best of luck in your future and i am looking forward to reading your other books as well. If we have them here where i live.\r\n -Mary.

Asked on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 02:45:45 PM
Reply: Thank you for reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, Mary. Those who can't find it in book stores can buy it on-line from Amazon.com as either a paperback or an e-book.

And the sequel, ONE TO THE WOLVES (the working title was "The Tally Keeper"), which picks up the story where WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER leaves off, IS GOING TO BE PUBLISHED AS AN E-BOOK WITHIN THE COMING WEEK!!! So, please, look for that.

DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU: a link to your experiences?

Question: Dear Ms. Duncan/Arquette,

I apologize, but I have yet to do proper research and was wondering if "Don't Look Behind You" has any connection to the possibility of a hit-man hired by drug dealers to murder your daughter. I found the book fascinating, by the way, and was intrigued by the insight you showed about the Federal Witness Protection Program. This is a subject that interests me to a great extent as I am always fascinated by crime investigation and resolution. As always, I do hope you and your family find closure, peace, and justice for your daughter's horrific passing in the near future. God Bless you, your family, and all those affected by this barbaric event.

All the best,
Elizabeth Phillips

Asked on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 08:51:51 PM
Reply: The only connection DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU has to Kait's murder is that the psychic, Noreen Renier, responded to the question "Who shot Kait?" by describing to a police artist the face of the hired hitman on the cover of the British edition of that book, which wasn't available in the U.S. The resemblance between the face the artist drew and the face on the book jacket (both of which are reproduced in WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?) is uncanny. Noreen interpreted this as Kait's message that she was killed by a hired hitman.

The story and the tragedy

Question: Hi Mrs. Duncan,
I have read all your books and when I read Who Killed my Daughter I bawled my eyes out. I didn't get to rad through all the questions and posts, but my question is, When Kait was killed, did the forensic team ever do a really good job of gathering evidence from around her car and from the interior? I am taking some classes right now and that has been the topic for the last couple weeks so I was just wondering. I am so sorry for your lose and that no family should ever have to go through this. I lost my best friend to a drunk and I know it isn't the same but the pain is and it never disapates. I hope that when the killer is caught he pays dearly for the pain that he/she caused your family. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Asked on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 01:40:54 PM
Reply: You've hit upon an interesting aspect of this case, Amanda. A homicide detective confided to a friend of our oldest daughter, (not knowing that young woman knew us), that "a bullet found later, not doing the scene investigation" proved that Kait's shooting wasn't random. That implies there was a second-day investigation by a criminalistics team. However reports from officers at the scene state that no evidence hold was placed on Kait's car and it was towed from the scene directly to the salvage yard. The homicide department is adamant that no second-day work-up took place.

Our P.I. talked to the Ciminalistics supervisor (now retired and living out of state) and he told her that OF COURSE there was a second-day work-up and reports of that work-up were given to the homicide department and the records department. Those reports have mysteriously vanished.

We can only assume that some evidence turned up during that second-day work-up that the homicide department doesn't want people to know about.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend in such a senseless way.

Suspicious Sharon

Question: Hello! I just have a question on why Sharon Smith is not a suspect. In the "Night of Shooting" section in the last paragraph, it reads that Sharon phoned the family to confirm times. It seems to me that she is creating her own alibi...but why would she need to if she was innocent? It also ocurred to me that I think you should be more open about the idea that perhaps indeed she was having some relations with Dung and that she had knowledge as to what was going to occur that night. Because of this, she may have panicked when the time came close, so she called the family to establish a time that Kait came straight home. This is unusual and suspicious to me. I pray that one day the case will be completely closed with all the right information. I just had suspicions and questions myself on Sharon.

Asked on Monday, June 10, 2013 at 01:23:02 PM
Reply: As I said below, I don't know what Sharon's relationship with Dung may have been, if there was one. (She has stated that she barely knew him.) I'm not going to accuse her of something for which there's no evidence. This isn't to say that it isn't possible--all kinds of things are possible--but the police have never considered Sharon a suspect. If anyone out there has any knowledge about this suggested relationship, please contact us by private e-mail. We do have strong reason to believe that she's withholding information because she's told so many conflicting stories, but to date we have been given no reason to believe that she had a romantic interest in Dung.

Answered by: Kait' Mom

Dung

Question: Where is Dung now?

Asked on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 10:46:55 AM
Reply: I don't know where Dung is now. When WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was published he fled to the Pacific North West. A couple of years later, after the dust had settled, he returned to Albuquerque, bringing with him a new white girlfriend who people tell us looked a lot like Kait. (We can't help wondering why he returned to Albuquerque. It's not as if he had family there.) He lived in Albuquerque with that girlfriend for a number of years. I don't know if they're still together.

Sharon and Dung

Question: I understand the depths of your daughters relationship with Dung Nguyen were brief but what did you know about Sharon? Did you know if Sharon had an interest in Dung? I have suspicions that Sharon had taken an interest in Dung and which is why Kait could most likely have been going to visit Sharon despite the reasons she said.

Asked on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 10:40:02 AM
Reply: I don't know what Sharon's relationship with Dung -- if there was one -- was, but if a relationship existed, I feel certain it was not romantic.

Incorrect information in Kaitlyn Arquette's Case

Question: I believe the name you have of the girl Kait was visiting that night is incorrect. You have her typed as Sharon, when really the woman Kait was seeing that night was Susan Smith, one of her friends who worked outside the Pier 1 Imports Kait was employed at.

Asked on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 07:12:25 PM
Reply: The woman Kait visited that night was SHARON SMITH. In my book, I stated in the front matter, that I was altering the names of certain people to protect their identities. Sharon was one of those people. In my book I called her "Susan". At that time we did not yet know that she would become a person of interest. On this Web site, we are posting true names.

SHARON SMITH operated the cracked ice cart outside of Pier One Imports, where Kait was employed.

Height of Kait?

Question: Just wondering if it would be possibly to gauge the height of the possible shooter based upon the angle of the bullet holes to the car and the shots to Kait. Seems like if it had been a taller person there would have been more of a angle down. If, as the BCSO report suggests, she was shot after the crash of the car it seems like the shooting would have been done by someone not very tall.

Asked on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 01:32:38 AM
Reply: Not being a forensic expert, I don't know.

researching your daughters death

Question: Hi thank you for answering my questions earlier! You had said that you believed Kaits killer possibly could of been a hired hit man, but well i was thoroughly going through your website i read a review on the bullet holes and the man had said he would bet his life that it was a police offficer. Then i went over the timeline of your daughter last day there was a 3 hour time gap in between when she left your houseand then arrived at sharons house. My hypothesis is that Kait went to a police officer she thought she trrusted and toldhim everything she knew and then possibly this officer was involved and shot her to cover themselves. This was just my guess of what happened I wondered what your take is on it. Thank you, I am praying that Kaits murderer is found and held accountible for their horrific action.

Asked on Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 02:45:27 PM
Reply: What you suggest is not an impossible scenario.

Sorry

Question: Hello Mrs. Duncan!
I read all of your books while In 8th grade and who killed my daughter was the last one I read! I commend you for diligently trying to get justice for your daughter. I pray you do get justice

Asked on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 04:33:22 PM
Reply: Thank you for caring. We will continue to work this case either until it is solved or until our own lives end.

reaserching your daughters death

Question: After researching the murder of your daughter Kait Arquette , we have found so amny diffferent suspects and notcied how police corruption was happening. Did alot of evidence get lost and overlooked with all this corruption? Do you think that your daughters murderer would of been found if the police were doing their job? Who do think killed your daughter? How did kait get involved with all of this and we saw that you recieved threats after the murder, what were they? T

Asked on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 07:57:46 AM
Reply: 1. Yes, a lot of evidence simply disappeared or was deliberately withheld from Kait's case file so nobody would become aware of it. 2. Yes, we think Kait's killers would easily have been found if the police WANTED to find them. 3. We don't know who pulled the trigger of the gun that killed Kait. We believe it might have been a hired hit man. If so, our big question is: who hired him? 4. Kait fell in love with the wrong man, as young women sometimes do. Through him she learned about criminal activities that she was planning to expose. We believe that's what got her killed. 5. The threats we received after the murder were that the person calling was going to come and kill the rest of the family.

Leads

Question: Have you found any new leads on who the killer might be?

Asked on Tuesday, April 02, 2013 at 09:36:13 PM
Reply: Yes, we have leads. Our problem is that the Albuquerque Police Department refuses to accept any information that doesn't support their "random drive-by shooting" scenario, abd since our information does NOT support that, we have nobody to give it to.

After all these years, the police continue to refuse to interview the man who has a long record of violent assaults on women and was standing next to Kait's car when the first officer arrived at the scene.

Louis Duncan murdered daughter

Question: Why have you never tried asking dung about it again since he says he knows who killed her I know that just by knowing it will give you peace because I read your book in middle school I am now 20 years old and it would give me to your family is in my prayers and I pray we all find out who killed Kati whoever it was will have to answer to god for their wrong doing so its best if they so come clean and ask god to have mercy on their souls even if they don\'t deserve it I\'m wishing your family the best of hope and luck

Asked on Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 07:53:40 PM
Reply: Thank you for your kind wishes. The reason we haven't spoken again to Dung is that, if we approach him in any way, he reports us to the police for harassment.

One small step for mankind!

Question: Albq. Journal: Members of the Ellis family wept openly in a seventh floor courtroom in Downtown Albuquerque on Friday as a judge read one of the largest judgments ever leveled against the city’s police department: more than $10.3 million for the unlawful fatal shooting by one of its officers of an Iraq war veteran in 2010.

Lampiris-Tremba’s shooting of Ellis was among the first in a succession of deadly force encounters involving APD officers – several of which are now the subject of civil lawsuits – that added up to the most visible factor in the U.S. Justice Department’s decision last winter to launch a sweeping civil rights investigation of the city’s police department. In addition to the civil probe, there also are several ongoing federal criminal investigations of APD officers. It is unclear which incidents are under criminal investigations.

Asked on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 07:34:51 AM
Reply: The ripple effect, APD Chief Schultz resigns: After nearly eight years commanding the state’s largest city police department, Albuquerque Police Chief Raymond Schultz has decided to retire.

Schultz’ 1,100 member department has been under investigation by the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division since November, and he has personally faced community scrutiny for months after two dozen police officer involved shootings, that left 17 people dead.

Shocked.

Question: Im from New Jersey, and am 24 years old now..but i came across your book when i was like 10 years old in middle school...found it in my school's library...

I read it, and cried.

Randomly tonight...I thought about your story..and come to learn after google search that this case is still unsolved...

It shocks me.

Have you tried to get more media involved to uncover the reasons why the police have corrupted this case? and many others?

I mean Americas Most Wanted...or Dateline....even 48 hours....

I wish there was some way for me to help Ms. Duncan...and bring her family some serious and well deserved closure.
They deserve the truth....they deserve REAL answers....

And I pray to Allah that the family does get those answers....isha allah.(god willing)

--Aashna

Asked on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 01:58:57 AM
Reply: Thank you for caring, Aashna. Kait's case has been featured on any national TV shows such as Good Morning America, Larry King Live, Inside Edition, and Unsolved Mysteries. But now such programs want to feature more recent stories.

The good news is that the Department of Justice is now in Albuquerque, investigating corruption in the Albuquerque Police Department. Perhaps, in the course of that investigation, information will come to light involving those who were behind the cover-up of Kait's case.

Kait and her murder!

Question: Hello, I lived in Albuquerque at the time this happened and I remember reading about the crime. My condolences for your loss. Keep pushing to search for the truth though!! Never let the jerks get you down! I applaud you for doing the right thing!! My experience as a victim as well is that the police really have no ability/skills to investigate any crimes. In addition, they will go to lengths to cover up their incompetence whenever it occurs. There are the obviously those corrupt officers, but I am also under the impression that there are police officers who are like the firemen arsonists as well-creating problems to detract from the real investigations that should be going on which is why your case is not getting the attention it deserves!

Asked on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 at 01:35:15 PM
Reply: Thank you for posting. That's a very interesting observation.

amber bailey

Question: How muchh does yur book cost. \r\nI am doing a research on your daughter for english but I am sorry for your daughter who ever killed her will regreted one day it will come back on him my paw paw beofre chrismas and the dude that kill him saod he had no reason why he killed .

Asked on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 08:48:34 PM
Reply: The cost of the paperback edition of WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? was $6.99 when it was first released. I'm not sure what it is today, because it's sold on line at Amazon.com, and they sometimes lower the original price. It's also available as an e-book that you can download onto your Kindle or other device. I don't know what that costs. Bottom line is that it's not expensive.

Former New Mexico Officer Myself

Question: I am a former New Mexico Police Officer and I know for sure thta there has been murders, violent crimes, drug dealing ,rape by the cops in NM for decades. No one cares. I was honest and because I was honest it made my job as a cop dangerous and a uphill battle. The FBI doesn\'t care and never did care. It will keep going on and on , it will never stop. It would take military action to stop it. It would take military oversight and Federal Prison to stop it. Guess what folks. that aint gona happen. New Mexico is not much different than old Mexico. Alot of sickos in New Mexico and most of em want a badge or already have one. My only suggestion is vigilanti justice. Vigilianti Justice is the only thing a community has left to hold onto sometimes. I am not saying take the law into your own hands. I am just saying do what your conscience would leave you to do in stopping these outlaw cops and criminals. Peace!

Asked on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 01:21:59 AM
Reply: Thank you for posting your views, based upon your own experience as a former cop. I believe you, because I've heard from so many other good cops expressing the same feelings of fury and frustration over what they see happening all around them yet are afraid to report for fear of retaliation on them or their families.

However, I can't believe Vigilante Activity is the answer.

Your experience -- your novel and Kait's murder

Question: Dear Lois,

Actually the question I had -- are you still among the living -- has been answered by my visit to your website. Wanted you to know that I mentioned you and Kait on an international email discussion group of fantasy writers discussing the topic of writing a novel which then comes true. They were stunned when I told them of your experience. I mentioned it to the meeting or our local writers group this morning also. Glad to see you are still in there fighting! Keep it up!

Sincerely,

Forrest

(I hope you remember me -- I sent you my review of Kim's bio of you. F.) P.S. I have the same email schultz_forrest@yahoo.com.

Asked on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 10:45:14 AM
Reply: Thank you for checking on me, Forrest. Yes, I'm most definitely among the living, and WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? is still in print as both a paperback and an e-book. Thank you for telling your writer friends about it.

Researching law enforcement members

Question: This may have been answered earlier, but I'll ask anyway: With the availability of so much information online, including names and information about law enforcement members and others who were involved in the murder investigation, have you done any research on these people or made any contact with any of them regarding Kait's case? This may be a totally off-base question, but I typed in a name or two and was astounded that these people are alive and kicking on the Internet. I'm sure you know this already. Also, do you know whatever happened to the Apodaca brothers?

Asked on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:42:22 PM
Reply: Yes, we have made attempts to get the help of these officers (many now retired) as well as with the Cold Case Unit at APD. They have been unresponsive. (Although some of their ex-wives & girlfriends have contacted us privately with information learned thru pillow talk). Mark Apodaca is still in prison for murder. Paul Apodaca has been released and is living in Albuquerque. He is easy to follow because he's a registered sex offender. But officers at APD still refuse to interview him either as a suspect or a witness.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next