Displaying 3161 - 3180 of 5388 posts for this case -- (Page 159 of 270)

psychics

Question: If Robyn had not initially contacted the first psychic, do you think you would have accepted the police's claim that this was a drive-by shooting and a random homocide? What else do you think would have tipped you off that it was much more complex?

Asked on Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 03:18:29 PM
Reply: I would not have accepted APD's statement that Kait's death was a "random driveby shooting" once I discovered: (1)The boyfriend she was breaking up with the night she was shot was part of a Vietnamese criminal group specializing in insurance fraud in Southern California; (2) two calls were made to Southern California from Kait's supposedly unoccupied apt. as soon as she was pronounced dead; (3) those calls were to the "capper" who arranged the fake car wrecks; (4) Kait's apt. manager said Kait was terrified of her boyfriend & his friends & had had her locks changed to keep them out, (5) shortly before the shooting Kait ran to the manager in the middle of the night, begging to sleep on his sofa because she was afraid; (6) the boyfriend planted an affectionate note in their apt. & told police Kait left it for him, although the note was not in Kait's handwriting; (7) the boyfriend was phoning people, telling them Kait had been shot, 3 hrs. before police "woke him up" to inform him--and a number of other things.

July

Question: I know this is an especially hard time of the year for your family, I want you to know that I am thinking of Kaitlyn and all of you with love.

Asked on Monday, June 30, 2014 at 09:26:14 PM
Reply: I appreciate those kind wishes.

your address to the Compassionate Friends meeting

Question: I found your speech made for last year's Compassionate Friends conference on YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dnyOqdAGM , titled "Lois Duncan-Opening Session Speaker 35th National TCF Conference"). You did a beautiful job (with a subject you and everyone in attendance wish you knew nothing about). I pray that you can soon write a "case finally solved" update to your books.

Asked on Monday, June 23, 2014 at 04:47:08 AM
Reply: I had no idea this was on line! Thank you for letting me know.

Long Live Kaitlyn Arquette

Question: hi, i am a teenage girl who just finished reading "Who Killed My Daughter?" This book helped me get aware of the dangers of getting involved in things that i could get hurt with. I was also crying by the end of the book because i felt like i could feel your pain. I know it has now been almost 25 years since her death, but i believe justice is out there. i wish i could help. i will keep this case in my prayers and i will get the 2nd book. Long live Kaitlyn Arquette!

Asked on Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 09:34:49 PM
Reply: Thank you!

Keeping hope

Question: I read your first book many years ago, your words are just as fresh today in my mind as they were 20 years ago. Working as a estate paralegal, my main job has been to find the people that don't want to be found or don't know that money exists for them, and sometimes you only have clues as worthless as "Her nickname was Fifi" to find a long lost sibling. With the technology today, the internet, the social media and armchair detectives, I sincerely hope that Kait's murderer is found and punished. Even with a healthy respect for the law I completely would advocate torture and underhanded routes if that meant finding a source. The people that are withholding information from you should be hung by their toenails as far as i'm concerned, and their selfish souls should be burned. (Sorry...) I am downloading your second book today and while I know the story doesn't have a happy ending (yet), I know that your heart will not give out until that last epilogue can be written.

Asked on Friday, June 20, 2014 at 01:40:09 PM

Photos of car in daytime

Question: Hello Mrs. Arquette,
I couldn't decide whether it was worth noting this or not, but I figured what the heck. You had mentioned in one of the books, possibly One to the Wolves, that you had been told that no work up of the car had been done but then saw photos that had been taken during the day time. I think the photos appeared on a tv show that presented a story about the case. I wonder if it's worth approaching the station or company that produced that story and checking to see how they got the photos and if they took any extra footage that included other photos. It's likely impossible to track this down after all this time, but I just thought "what if there's still some evidence that could be located?"

I am so sorry for your loss and wish you all the best as you continue your quest for justice.
Dorothy

Asked on Friday, June 20, 2014 at 09:00:23 AM
Reply: Good idea, Dorothy. So good, in fact, that our P.I. has already done this. The TV station was very cooperative and provided her with all the uncut footage they took on that occasion. We've also talked to the driver that towed Kait's car from the scene. He says that, although APD placed no evidence hold on the car, several officers came to the salvage yard a day or so later and performed a second day inspection (that is not on record). He said he helped them fish through the pools of blood on the floor of the car in search of the bulled that penetrated the door frame, & he believes the cops found it. (The report of this search has been removed from Kait's case file and the bullet--if they did indeed find it--was not placed into evidence.

I just finished reading _One to the Wolves_

Question: I bought _One to the Wolves_ on amazon today (only $6.15 for anyone considering buying the e-copy) and am just writing to say that I hope the book's momentum continues to build and that the people who can help will finally find the bravery and goodness to come forward with whatever they know.

Also:

The section about the dream of the tatooed hair stylist gave me chills, as did the "Beware of the walker/the one who walks" warning.

And I myself find it encouraging that in the course of events recounted in both this book and _Who Killed My Daughter?_ no dream or psychic ever indicated that this would NOT be solved. Instead, we hear that if people just pass along to you what they know, this can and will be solved and this part of the saga will, indeed, reach its conclusion. Hold on to that.

Best wishes to you and your family, including Kait who has surely somehow still been with you all each step of the way since the night of her physical death. (Both books make it clear that she remains aware of what's going on "here" and that her love for you all continues.)

My prayers for strength and bravery for those who need it, as well.

Asked on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 07:51:17 PM
Reply: I so glad you read ONE TO THE WOLVES. It contains all the information we have obtained since the first book, WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?, was published in 1992, and I believe the new info brings up much closer to the final answer.

update information

Question: Dear ms. Duncan,
I just finished reading your book "Who killed my daughter?" and I must tell you that it deeply disturbed me how cavalier the APD was in regards to tracking down the suspects in the killing of your daughter! It must be so frustrating to have so much information at your fingertips and taking this info to authorities thinking that they should be able to filter through it all and come up with viable suspects, only to be told that you are hampering their investigation. No wonder you felt like screaming! Has there been any further progress in your search for your daughter's killers? I pray you and your family finally get the answers you seek and can finally know what truly happened that July night back in 1989. 25 years is long enough, wouldn't you agree? Karen from Canada

Asked on Wednesday, June 04, 2014 at 09:21:03 AM
Reply: I hope the book you read is the most recent one, ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILLER, as that contains all the new information we've acquired since the first book was published. Yes, 25 years is definitely long enough. Twenty-five DAYS would have been long enough if the police had been doing their job.

So sorry

Question: I read the book about your daughter and it was so heart breaking. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope and pray justice is served for her. I am so sorry for your loss, she seemed so wonderful. Don't ever give up hope! -Jeanna---South Carolina

Asked on Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 08:35:10 PM
Reply: Thank you, Jeanna. We do still have hope. All it will take is ONE person with the courage to contact us with the truth about what happened. And/or who was behind the cover-up.

Answered by: Kaait's Mom

question

Question: If Robin hadn't initially consulted the psychic do you think you would have just accepted the claim that this was "just" a dirve-by shooting?

Asked on Monday, May 19, 2014 at 05:08:47 PM
Reply: No. Not once Kait's friends began telling me about the criminal activities Kait's boyfriend was involved in. And then, when I discovered two calls made from her supposedly unoccupied apartment to unlisted numbers in California at a time when Kait had just been pronounced dead and her boyfriend was with us at the hospital--I knew right then that the shooting hadn't been "random". The psychic simply confirmed what I was already sure of.

Keeping hope.

Question: Please know that your family is in my thought and continued well wishes. Keeping faith that Kait\'s case will be solved and your family is allowed some closure. \r\n\r\n\r\nM.

Asked on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 11:48:32 PM
Reply: Thank you for this kind message.

My regards

Question: I recently started researching about kaits tragic death. I believe their is still hope. To all that still keep kaits memory alive, I respect you all. Their is always hope.

Asked on Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 07:10:35 PM
Reply: Our hope lies in our belief that there are still good, brave people in the world who won't allow themselves to be intimidated. When one of those people contacts us with the truth about what happened--who orchestrated Kait's death--and who covered up for the killers and why--then our hope will be realized.

don't ever give up

Question: I read Don't look behind you and then who killed my daughter and was just as surprised as you about the lady that described the picture of Mike Vamp in Who killed my daughter... I am 18 years old and a mother of a 2 year old and i cannot imagine my life without her. I admire your strength and i believe i would do the same or try my best to follow your steps and not give up no matter what. i currently live in Albuquerque NM and I know i cant do much but i offer my help to you in any way possible. I have an inexplicable interest in your daughters story...i am not a lawyer, cop or anything like that and this is why i dont understand this special interest. God knows why he does the things and he is the one guiding me through this message right now. i dont know what it is but any help you need i am here. I will identify myself as veka. Thank you and God bless

Asked on Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 01:10:08 PM
Reply: Thank you, Veka. I very much appreciate your caring.

The Tuesday, July 18,1989 Article

Question: I'm looking for this article for a book report I'm completing , but I can't seem to locate it in the archives. If you could , could you send me a copy of the article or direct me as to where I could find it. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank-you.

Asked on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 07:25:39 AM
Reply: Since you don't give the headline of the article or even the name of the publication, this is an impossible request to respond to.

What will it take for something to change at APD?

Question: I just noticed an article about the out-of-control behavior of the APD.

What will it take to get them to look at what's happening, and what's happened closely enough to see the real problems? My heart goes out to you and your family.
-Jody

Asked on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 02:21:01 PM
Reply: Perhaps, now that they've become aware of the extent of violence and cover-up at APD they will be alert to the fact that there are other problems also. At least, that's what we can hope.

APD

Question: Lois- please tell us you are in contact with the Justice department that is overseeing the investigation into APD corruption. I hope you are and hope that they can finally give you the answers you so deserve! Justice for Kait!- Jennifer

Asked on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 11:36:42 AM
Reply: Yes, we have been in contact with the Justice Dept. throughout their whole investigation. But what they were investigating was narrowly confined to police shootings that took place within the past few years.

Feds Release their report on APD...

Question: http://www.justice.gov/crt/opa/pr/speeches/2014/crt-speech-140410.html

As much as I miss Albuquerque, I can't see moving back there with this kind of thing having gone on for so long. At least now the Feds *know* there is something terribly wrong with the department.

Still praying for your family to get the truth out of them.

Asked on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 02:25:57 PM
Reply: Yes, the Feds now know. And they've expressed their findings. But the effect this ends up having is another question.

dear louis and family

Question: I am a native born Albuquerque resident. I recall the night your dear daughter was murdered. Sadly, our political and police system has been and may still be corrupt and evil. Someone knows who did this I am so sure in the higher levels of the Judicial or APD. I don't know if you heard about the most recent killing involving APD. I just pray you find out sooner then way later.
My daughter died in the last two years and my heartbreak has not stopped.

God be with all your family and I pray light will be shone so the truth will be told.

The Pine family.

Asked on Sunday, April 06, 2014 at 08:45:55 PM
Reply: I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter, and thank you for caring about ours. Yes, somebody at the higher level of APD does know exactly what happened to Kait and the reason for the cover-up. And people at lower levels do too. All we need is for ONE of them to have the courage to come forward with the truth.

Highland Alumi

Question: Good morning Lois, I hope that all is well, I was just wondering if you were doing any more books on Kait? Peace be with you and your family and Kait will always be remembered on out birthday. Love to your family.- Jennifer

Asked on Saturday, April 05, 2014 at 08:42:23 AM
Reply: I don't expect to write another whole book about Kait. However, I hope to add additional chapters to ONE TO THE WOLVES: ON THE TRAIL OF A KILL if/when new events take place.

APD

Question: Did you hear what\'s going on with APD now? Hackers. APD records being released. Thought maybe it\'d interest you. I\'m always thinking of you and your family and frequently checking here for updates. I hope one day your family will have the truth

Asked on Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 02:09:22 PM
Reply: Very interesting. Thank you for keeping me informed.

back 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 next