View Posts In Descending Order
Displaying 1 - 20 of 5499 posts for this case -- (Page 1 of 275)

Previous Questions?

Question: Where are the previously asked and answered questions?

Asked on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 05:01:19 PM
Reply: We upgraded the system. The previously asked and answered questions are available here.

Answered by: Webmaster

Khadija Carryl

Question: I wanted to know if Rod was ever found? I just finished the book and was wondering if there was a second book written about Kait that I could read?
What can I look at or read for the latest information on the case?
Thanks and in my opinion you only truly know what losing a love one feels like until it happens to you. I hope that you keep strong and continue to believe that even if this doesn't in this doesn't get resolved in this lifetime, it will, as Kait has told you, become resolved in the afterlife.

Asked on Monday, February 28, 2005 at 08:24:52 AM
Reply: Yes, Rod did contact us after reading WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. He had interesting information to give us, but he was not the person who took Kait to the Desert Castle.

Answered by: Lois Arquette

Updated information?

Question: Do you hear of any updated information on the "cold case investigation" so you know they are really working it? I am in doubt that the police can do much of anything right with the amount of mistakes they made on your childs investigation as well as the others I read about on the crime bulletin.
Can you get 48 Hours to do a Cold Case investigation? That would at least get some new investigators turning up the dirt on police and evidence. This has just gone on way too long. I read your book quite a long time ago and check here for updated news. Your plight has effected my heart as well as many others and it just can't be that nothing is being done. Your child didn't die in vain. There is someone out there that knows something & I pray that God guides them to the truth & light & they come up with what they know. Please tell us what is being done now after all this time. Do you still hear or feel things from Kait?
JayCee Wyatt / Dallas

Asked on Monday, March 07, 2005 at 06:16:28 PM
Reply: The APD Cold Case investigator has not been in touch with us. However, he has talked to our private investigator. We don't know how seriously to take that alleged effort.

48 Hours wants more recent cases. Not a "cold case."

We do believe that God is guiding us. If not, we could not have kept going this long.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Her x boyfriend?

Question: If her boyfrind is so "innocent" then why did he keep on changing his stories left and right?

Asked on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 02:20:21 PM
Reply: Good question. Why did he?

Answered by: Kait's mom

no subject

Question: Hi I am 12 going on 13. my name is Elizabeth. I can't believe that someone would do that to your daughter. i know exactly how my mom would feel if someone did that to me. I am currently reading your book Who Killed my Daughter. i just wanted to go behond what is in the story. My question is if Dung was is so "innocent" then why did he keep on changing his stories? Also, do you think that her friend Susan had something to do with this? The reason I am asking a question like that is because Her friend when she gave you what she told the police it sounded like she was lying. That note that the police found was wrote by her boyfriend too. I know this because of the grammer and spelling that was in the letter. To answer my questions please email me at talkative_liz@yahoo.com! May kate rest in peace and her killer be brought to justice. but remeber this everytime you look at the sunset Kate is watching it with you at the same time.

Asked on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 02:30:39 PM
Reply: I looked at the sunset tonight and thought about what you said. You're right -- Dung knows what happened -- although we don't believe he killed Kait. "Susan" (her real name is Sharon -- I changed it in my book because I didn't want to put her in danger, but she's now fled the state and changed her name, so that no longer matters) also knows more than she is telling. We believe she is afraid.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Im heartbroken!

Question: To read this story it broke my heart. I would not be able to go through with something like this. Your story was very interesting to read Lois... I enjoy your books.. I really hope that someday, someone will finally FESS up to this horrible crime.. Or i hope someone gives you helpful information... Good luck Lois, and never good luck..

With lots of love,
Cassie

Asked on Friday, March 18, 2005 at 01:45:31 PM
Reply: We continue to believe that the truth will come out. There are too many people who know the truth about this case for it to be buried indefinitely. Somebody is bound to talk, whether it's drunken talk, pillow talk, or bragging to a fellow inmate in prison.

Answered by: Kait's mom

From a Kaitlyn

Question: Ms.Duncan:

I remember reading your book about ten years ago when I was 10 years old. I recall how the book struck a chord with me, in more ways than one. I am an avid reader and a fan of your books, Ms.Duncan. (In fact, I am planning on getting a master's degree in Library Science)

Ten years later I still clearly remember your heartbreaking book "Who Killed My Daughter", enough to check back on your website.

I am upset to hear there are still loose ends to the crime. I hope for your family that some doors will be opened concerning the entire situation. Although I don't have any leads, I wish for your family the best and that those responsible will get the punishment they deserve. As a side note, I also am a Kaitlyn(which is still a unique name, especially in the midwest...I get compliments on it all the time). Your Kaitlyn sounds like she was a wonderful girl.

My regards,

Kaitlyn D.

Asked on Saturday, March 19, 2005 at 07:42:11 PM
Reply: You, also, sound like a wonderful girl, Kaitlyn D. I can't believe you could have read and related to that book when you were ten years old!

Answered by: Kait's mom

Added note :)

Question: Well, I guess the name Kaitlyn is getting more popular all the time :)

Asked on Saturday, March 19, 2005 at 07:46:53 PM
Reply: It does seem to be getting popular. We actually named Kait "Katlyn" and called her "Kate,' but when she got into her teens she wanted to become more exotic and started spelling it "Kaitlyn" and "Kait." So, when I wrote WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER? I used the spelling she chose. Her brothers and sisters still won't write it any way but "Kate," because that's the way they want to remember her.

Answered by: Kait's mom

re:kate arquette

Question: I am very saddend by the whole story that I read in "Who Killed my daughter" In thinking that at the end of the book I would finally know who killed her, I read the book with in 72 hours only to discover that You never found out YET who killed her. I as many of the readers am sure are very frustraded with the way things where hadled by the APD. And if Kate's mother was dubed a "weirdo" or what ever they called her, it was because of their own incopentence of not giving her any answer to what happend the day her child died. It was this same incompetance and unproffesionalism that made this poor woman act on her own and get answers to what could at least give her peace of mind. Answers she should have had from the APD to AVOID her investigating on her own. I am very dissapointed in a system that is suppose to support and protect victims and families. This message to all POLICE PERSONNEL AND OTHER LAW INFORCEMENT AGENCIES:
1. WE CONTACT YOU FOR HELP, NOT BECAUSE WE WANT TO BOTHER YOU
2. WE LOOK TO YOU TO PROTECT US AND MAKE US FEEL SECURE, NOT TO MAKE US FEEL STUPID.
3. WE ASK QUESTIONS, BECAUSE WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND, AND IT IS YOUR JOB TO SEE THAT THESE ARE ANSWERED IN A COURTIOUS PROFESSIONAL MANNER AS TO EASE OUR PAIN, BECAUSE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE ARE IN PAIN......
4. DO YOUR JOB, AND IF AT ANYTIME YOU FEEL YOU ARE DOING AN INJUSTICE TO A FAMILY, GET HELP, FOR THE INVESTIGATION. DON'T BE GREEDY AT THE EXPENCE OF SOMEONES PAIN.
5. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR JOB, AND VICTIMS FAMILIES START TO GET ON YOUR NERVES, HERE'S A SUGGESTION. LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB. YOU WERE NOT CUT OUT TO HELP PEOPLE. THANK YOU.

Asked on Sunday, March 20, 2005 at 01:57:53 PM
Reply: YOU TOLD THEM!!!! Thank you.

Answered by: Kait's mom

General

Question: I am deeply saddened by your loss. It is very unfortunate that I am just learning of Kaitlyn and what your family went through. All I can say is that I know what it feels like to lose a loved one, but not one who was taken the way that your daughter was; this saddens me deeply. It upsets me to no degree to hear that the investigation team and the officers of Albuquerque are so neglectful and shameful that they can not properly uphold their code of conduct and be honorable people. I am a 33 year old Mom of 3 (1 boy, 2 girls) and I recently went back to school to get my Associates in Criminal Justice for reasons known to myself. In my heart, I know that I will never be someone who turns the other cheek or goes against my code of conduct. I am only apologetic that I can not be in NM to help work this case and maybe do some damage control. I am so furious that there are so many kids getting killed today, no matter what the reason, because someone has a vendetta. For these reasons I am going to do my best to be the best Investigator the criminal field has ever had. I wish you all the best and truly hope that you find the answers you so desperately are searching for. God will punish whoever did this to your daughter far worse than we could ever imagine. One way or another justice will be served. My prayers are with you and your family. Kaitlyn was absolutely beautiful!!!

from a CSI hopeful (WA State)

Asked on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 11:38:09 PM
Reply: How wonderful to know that somebody like you is going to become involved in helping families like ours find justice! I WISH YOU LIVED IN NEW MEXICO!

Answered by: Kait's mom

Amazing story...

Question: Hi. My name is Courtney. I am 13 years old and just finished reading Who Killed My Daughter.....I was very suprised at the end of the book to not know who commitied this crime. I can not imagine what it must feel like dealing with the loss of someone you dearly love and care for, as I have not experienced it, yet. Kaitlyn, as you wrote about her, seemed like such a nice person that you would never expect something so horrifying to happen to her. As I read your book, all the went through my mind was, "How could someone do such a thing?" and "How could someone think it was random?!" The book just amazed me! I will be checking out more books with your name on the cover more often! If you would like to email me with updating facts or just email me You may send an email to:

Love2singalldatime@yahoo.com

I hope that justice will be served very soon. I am very sorry for you loss of Kaitlyn. I am sure she is very, very proud of you for all you have done to help bring the people who did this to her to justice.

I look forward to reading more of your books in the future.

With Love,
Courtney

Asked on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 01:24:53 AM
Reply: Thank you, Courtney.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Deeply Truly Sorry

Question: Hello, this is Danielle D. and I'm 12 going on 13 and I am doing a report on your daughter for Language Class. In the library I picked up the book that you wrote, "Who killed my daughter?", and I haven't been able to put it down since. I am deeply sorry for your family's loss. I know how hard it is to loose a loved one, especially a daughter or sibling. You probably hear that a lot, and might think "How can they know what I'm feeling?" I've heard that voice also. I don't understand how somebody could be so heart less and cruel to kill an innocent girl, a child. What really gets me is that the police didn't really bother to look into the crime and really get into the whole reasons behind it! Nobody deserves to die like that, and nobody deserves to have to live with a hole in their hearts. I am again deeply sorry. I know that Kait knows that you love her and you wish that she was here. Just try to remember that she is in heaven, and she loves you. I'm starting to sound like my mom. I truly hope that Kait's killer is found, and punished for this horrible crime. It's just amazing how somebody could have so much hatered in their hearts to do such a thing to a, what I have learned, kind, understanding, innocent girl. My prayers are with you, and I hope that this mystery is solved soon.

With all my love, thoughts, prayers, wishes, and hugs,
Danielle D

doepkegirls@comcast.net

Asked on Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 11:09:28 AM
Reply: Thank you, Danielle. If you "sound like your mom," your mom must be pretty great.

Happy Easter Arquette family:)

Question: Hi Mr. and Mrs. Arquette and family,

I hope your family is having a happy Easter. I continue to hope and pray this case will be resolved. The people who murdered Kait and the people that know about it, I just can't understand how they sleep at night. Good people like your family shouldn't going through this.

Please, if anyone knows what happened to Kait, turn yourself in and clear your conscience. Don't let this family go through anymore pain.

To the APD, please help this family, they have been through enough.

Don't give up hope, this can't go on forever and I know Kait is proud of your family. Again, I hope your family is having a happy and peaceful Easter:)

Take care, Rachel S.
rachels1999@hotmail.com

Asked on Sunday, March 27, 2005 at 01:24:54 PM
Reply: Thank you for your support. If you're not from Albuquerque, you're probably not aware of this, but the APD are having serious problems of their own right now. Whistleblowers (honest cops) within their own ranks have gone public with information about "thousands of dollars in cash, drugs, guns, jewelry and other high dollar items" that have mysteriously disappeared from the APD evidence room. They also say evidence was destroyed and that "APD management has helped to cover up the crimes."

Let's pray for a whistleblower from the homicide department.

Albuquerque Crimestoppers

Question: Dear Mrs Arquette-
Has Kait's story ever been featured on the Albuquerque's Crime Stoppers program or on their web-site? I find it ironic that this city of ALL cities is where Crime Stoppers originated. I have been after the Crimestoppers in my city of South Bend, In., since 1994 to feature the murder of my nephew. All I've ever gotten is one empty promise after another. Best of luck to you in YOUR quest for justice. You are an inspiraton to me.
Roberta

Asked on Monday, March 28, 2005 at 04:21:11 PM
Reply: Kait's case was featured on the Albq. Crime Stoppers program at the time of the shooting. But that's way behind us now. And the result was not a good one. A caller implicated the Hispanic suspects, saying there was an eye-witness who saw them shoot Kait. The caller collected her money, but the alleged "eye-witness" turned out to have been in jail on the night of the shooting.

I'm so sorry about your nephew.

Sequel

Question: When does the sequel to "Who Killed My Daughter" come out. I am very intrested in reading it. I can't belive in a country like we are suppose to be living in justice is not being served. I am very sorry for your loss and all you are going through. It is un real how you have been treated. Isn't it A&E that has a show called "Cold Case Files" maybe Kait's storie could be featured on it. Where can I go to read more about the things going on with the APD? Thankyou for your time. In that book I came to admire and love you for what you are doing. Some day I am sure Kait will be able to thank you for all you have done for you. May God bless you!! You are in my prayers.
Will Ward, 15
Clinton, AR

Asked on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 at 10:47:03 AM
Reply: "The things going on with the APD" are all over the Internet these days! Just feed "Albuquerque Police Department" into a search engine, and you'll find out more than you ever wanted to know.

A courageous APD sgt. recently came forward with information about large quantities of money, jewelry, drugs, and guns "disappearing" from from the APD evidence room, and important evidence being destroyed. This apparently has been going on for years, and the Top Brass has been covering it up. When that scandal broke, officers started turning on each other, denying blame and implicating others.

The mayor recently told the media, "When you have a department where there are accusations, counter-accusations, lieutenants accusing captains, captains accusing deputy chiefs, deputy chiefs accusing captains, that is a department in disarray."

The police chief's head was the first to roll. He "retired" and is being replaced.

We've submitted yet another request for Kait's personal belongings -- birth certificate, driverís license, checkbook registers, school papers, personal telephone books, snapshots, letters, poems and other writings, etc. -- to be returned to us before they too "disappear." We've been requesting their return since 1990, but APD has kept insisting they are "evidence." (Evidence of a "random drive-by shooting"?!!!)

We hope they still exist.

Danielle D. Again

Question: Hello, this is Danielle D. again (12 going on 13). My mom is great, thank you for saying that. I just wanted to say something and get it out there. All the evidence I think points to Dung and "Sharon". Both of them fled from Alburqeurki, and bothed had changed their stories multiple times. Dung had a reason for killing Kait. Kait knew about the crime ring, and she was going to turn them in. All of their money would be gone, their secret would be revealed, and they would go to jail for life maybe. Kait was going to do the right thing. Also, when Dung called I think your son, he had said, "THEY shot (killed) Kait!". Not, "Kait was shot!" or, "Kaits dead!". I don't understand why the police didn't look further into this crime, it just really upsets me that their lazyness resulted in Kait's killer getting away. Do you have any idea where Dung fled to? You probably wouldn't be able to release tha information, but I am just wondering. And did they (police, investigators) ever find out who "Sharon" "Smith" was? I think that Dung and his gang killed Kait, my instincs just tell me that. It's my gut feeling. I don't know how you feel about Dung, but I think that he had the reason, the motive, connections, and the weapons. I hope that this mystery is solved soon. I'm deeply sorry also.

All my prayers and love,
Danielle Doepke

doepkegirls@comcast.net

Asked on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 at 01:10:42 PM
Reply: Dung fled to the Pacific Northwest after my book came out, but returned after the dust settled. He brought with him a new girlfriend. I believe they currently live in Albuquerque. Sharon moved out of state. I do know where she is, but do not devulge that information as we're concerned about her safety. The police questioned her immediately after the shooting, but I don't think they have spoken to her since.

Answered by: Kait's mom

Message for Teens & Parents

Question: Mrs. Arquette, I am a Young Adult Librarian for a public library system near Baltimore. As part of my job, I facilitate a Parent/Teen Book Club. This month, all members will be reading, Who Killed My Daughter-a book I have recommended, booktalked, displayed & marketed since its pub. in 1992, to make sure Kait's story remains in the public's consciousness. The club members will also be reading their choice of one of the following: A Gift of Magic, Stranger With My Face, or Don't Look Behind You. When booktalking any of The Lois Duncan Collection, I let people know why you were appalled by the film version of I Know What You Did Last Summer, and read portions of your editoral to SLJ at your outrage when the film was released. Is there anything you would like me to impart or convey to the Book Club on your behalf, as it relates to the search for Kait's killers, the book itself (and its upcoming sequel), or any other message you would like the parents or the kids to know? As someone who works directly with ages 11-17, I have a unique venue to speak to kids, and hopefully make a difference. Nothing pleases me more than when I get to introduce someone to your body of work. I wish you and your whole family only the best. Please know there are many of us out there that, thru your words, feel the loss of Kaitlyn too, and hope and wish for the proper ending to Kait's story that she, and you, deserve. With affection, Stefan M. Freed in MD. P.S. If the kids have questions related specifically to your fiction, is there a more appropriate place where they could direct their queries, rather than this msg board? Many thanks!

Asked on Friday, April 01, 2005 at 10:08:33 PM
Reply: Thank you for introducing your students to my work, Stefan, and a special thank you for having them read WHO KILLED MY DAUGHTER?. If your students would like to contact me directly, they can send me a personal e-mail at loisduncan@arquettes.com. I try to respond to every e-mail I receive, (though occasionally I have computer problems, or my replies bounce for some reason known only to the Internet gremlins).

Answered by: Lois Duncan

the tally keeper

Question: Hello Ms.Arquette, I was wondering when you are going to post an excerpt from the Talley Keeper? And when you can update the web site on any new info on kate's case? Thank you and God Bless you and your family

Asked on Sunday, April 03, 2005 at 10:40:29 PM
Reply: You're right, it is time for us to do some more updating. We'll try to get to that soon.

Kaitlyn Arquette murder [From:ndn183]

Question: I have just finished reading the book "Who Killed My Daughter", and I was horrifed at the actions of the APD. It seemed a coverup from the beginning.
To me it seemed very likely that someone very high up didn't want this case to be solved. The inadaquencies of the policework both frustrated and angered me.
I would like to know if the family knows where Dung is now? And if they have forgiven him for his possible involvment in their daughter's murder?

Asked on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 at 06:57:03 AM
Reply: We will never forgive Dung for not coming forward with what he knows. Whether or not he was involved in the circumstances leading to Kait's murder, we know he was there when it happened, because he was phoning people and hysterically telling them, "Kait's dead! They shot Kait!" three hours before police went to his/Kait's apartment and "woke him up" to give him the news. He could solve this case. But he refuses to do so.

THE THINGS FROM KAIT'S DESK

Question: Posted by Kait's Parents:

In the wake of the Albuquerque Police Department's evidence room scandal, (see our response to a question on March 30), we submitted yet another request for Kait's personal belongings -- birth certificate, driverís license, checkbook registers, school papers, personal telephone books, snapshots, letters, poems and other writings, etc. -- to be returned to us. We've been requesting their return since 1990.

Captain Larry Sonntag, who is temporary supervisor of the APD Evidence Room while it's going through its time of chaos, actually did take the time to locate Kait's belongings -- which miraculously ARE still there, unlike so much else! -- and told us to send a request for their return to the District Attorney, Kari Brandenburg. We did that yesterday. So maybe, after all this time, we will be getting Kait's things back. It will be interesting to see if anything is missing, and if so, what.

Asked on Thursday, April 07, 2005 at 05:28:21 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 next